Male HQ

Do You Believe Life Is Fated Or Everything In Your Own Hands?

Guest GIRL

When I was younger, I believed everything was predetermined by a higher power.

But things change when I opened my mind. Now, I don't want the stress thinking about that stuff. I control my life. I decide how good or bad it would be. I never regret. I work hard. I love the friends who stuck with me all these years. I like to meet new people. I am healthy. My parents love me although they don't understand what I'm going through being gay. I love my life.

I am in charge of my life and I see a very satisfying/happy life ahead. =)

Guest shenderz

This is the kind of question tat all religions attempt to answer but few people got the answer.

When u ask tat question, u r already caught in the trap of damned if u do, damned if u don't.

The answer lies in transcendence.

To do or not to do, that's the question.

Guest life is

For me, the exact opposite.

I thought I was in control but as I grow older,

I tend to believe things are not in my control and that life is predetermined.

And things turn out much better !

When I was younger, I believed everything was predetermined by a higher power.

But things change when I opened my mind. Now, I don't want the stress thinking about that stuff. I control my life. I decide how good or bad it would be. I never regret. I work hard. I love the friends who stuck with me all these years. I like to meet new people. I am healthy. My parents love me although they don't understand what I'm going through being gay. I love my life.

I am in charge of my life and I see a very satisfying/happy life ahead. =)

Guest GIRL

Interesting question.

For me, I believe that 70% is within my control, 30% is fated.

Do not ask me why 70-30 and not 75-25 or any other figures. :)

the hokkien song is it?

30% is your mia , 70% you got to pia...

I think for me is opp, 30% is work and efforts and 70% is fate...

There are things which can never be changed...

Some people says:

A successful man believes in work and effort not fate and luck

While a failure believes in fate and luck

This is not true, you may be successful for now but not always..

"Man Proposes, God Disposes" or "人算不如天算“ 。 Listen to my sory and you can decide :-)

I have been together with my other half since 1983. How did we get together?

Actually we are both from neighbouring towns in Malaysia, born in the same year - two months apart. We met once when we were in Sec 4 when he came with his school team to our school for a sports meet. After sec 5, he did his matriculation in Melboune, then to Monash U and then worked in Melbourne. I continue to F6, went to London U and then worked in London. MY BF then had a job tranfer to Singapore. Roughly at the same time, I left London to work in Malaysia. At that time I subscribe to ADVOCATE. When told that I may have to be based in Singapore, I placed an ad in ADVOCATE to meet friends in SIngapore. I moved to Singapore and then went to the US for job familarisation for 3 mths. Meanwhile, my other half who also subscribed to ADVOCATE responded to my ad. A big packet of letters was delivered to my place in Malaysia. My parents kept them until I got back from the US. When I got them, I picked his letter and called the number he included in his letter. We met, realised that we have met once many many years ago and here we are now some 30 years later. If that is not fate, I do not know what it is! :-)

Guest GIRL

"Man Proposes, God Disposes" or "人算不如天算“ 。 Listen to my sory and you can decide :-)

Actually we are both from neighbouring towns in Malaysia, born in the same year - two months apart. We met once when we were in Sec 4 when he came with his school team to our school for a sports meet. After sec 5, he did his matriculation in Melboune, then to Monash U and then worked in Melbourne. I continue to F6, went to London U and then worked in London. MY BF then had a job tranfer to Singapore. Roughly at the same time, I left London to work in Malaysia. At that time I subscribe to ADVOCATE. When told that I may have to be based in Singapore, I placed an ad in ADVOCATE to meet friends in SIngapore. I moved to Singapore and then went to the US for job familarisation for 3 mths. Meanwhile, my other half who also subscribed to ADVOCATE responded to my ad. A big packet of letters was delivered to my place in Malaysia. My parents kept them until I got back from the US. When I got them, I picked his letter and called the number he included in his letter. We met, realised that we have met once many many years ago and here we are now some 30 years later. If that is not fate, I do not know what it is! :-)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb:

Guest GIRL

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb:

• 2 years later...

I believe in fate, destiny and everything not within our control. 

The best way to conquer fate successfully, is our determination, doing the unthinkable, stooping low, lying down, rolled up our sleeves, clean up the gutter, let the world laugh at us, do the undesirable, torture our ego,  being thick-skinned, selling our conscience and not feeling guilty about it. Eventually you will emerge on top of your fate and destiny and fear them no more with your immunity.

I believe in fate, destiny and everything not within our control. 

The best way to conquer fate successfully, is our determination, doing the unthinkable, stooping low, lying down, rolled up our sleeves, clean up the gutter, let the world laugh at us, do the undesirable, torture our ego,  being thick-skinned, selling our conscience and not feeling guilty about it. Eventually you will emerge on top of your fate and destiny and fear them no more with your immunity.

you will not succeed too if you not fated for this life...

Destiny decides everyrhing.

But dont give excuse not to work hard.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest Gulan
On 26/05/2012 at 10:48 AM, Guest GIRL said:

I believe its fated although you must work hard for things..

However some things are beyond our control and can never be changed..

You direct your own destiny.

Guest Which one?

If you are in a country with no freedom, it is not about hard work but connection.  If you are in a country with freedom,  it is not about fate but your luck and hardwork that will bring you places.  If you are in a country neither free nor unfree,  you get frustrated that your life is neither here nor there.

• Guest locked this topic