Male HQ

What Is / Are Your Phobias - Things You Are Afraid / Scared Of E.g Cockroaches, Needles, etc ? (Compiled)

I've a few friends whom have the following phobia.

one has a fear of caterpillar

one has a fear of walking into spider webs

one has a fear of cockroach, worst if its the flying kind. (Entomophobia - Fear of insects)

one has a fear of cats, especially when the tail brushes your legs when eating at hawker center. (Zoophobia - Fear of animals)

For me I am afraid of things that may bite you when I am swimming in the sea. e.g. shark. That may be the result of watching Jaws when I was young.

So, What is your Phobias (Fear)?

Here are Top 10 Common Phobias

1. Acrophobia - Fear of Heights

2. Claustrophobia - Fear of Enclosed Spaces

3. Nyctophobia - Fear of the Dark

4. Ophidiophobia - Fear of Snakes

5. Arachnophobia - Fear of Spiders

6. Trypanophobia - Fear of Injection or Medical Needles

7. Astraphobia - Fear of Thunder and Lightning

8. Nosophobia - Fear of Having a Disease

9. Mysophobia AKA Germophobia - Fear of Germs

10. Triskaidekaphobia - Fear of the Number 13

Links to some of the phobias

http://phobias.about.com/od/introductionto...ypespath.htm#s3

http://www.phobia-fear-release.com/types-of-phobia.html

All your friend's fear are too minor to consider as phobia. Those are not phobias at all, those are just.....emm, girly.

Phobias are more serious.

Like fear of spiders and snakes for example, those who cant even look at their pictures in a book or tv, and will cause massive shaking and fainting, only can consider as phobia. Another example is a friend who took the stairs everyday to his nineth floor flat just because he is scared of the lift (enclosed space).

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Which is probably why even you understand it.

Guest hstnasia

For me, cockroaches of any kind, crawling, flying, small, big. I ran away from them. And if they are in my house in which I live alone, I actually ran out of the house and get help from my neighbour to get rid of it. One the street, I was once literally jump up on my lady friend with my legs on her waist (yup, she's a strong lady).

And actually, I'm afraid of most of the insects mosquitoes are fine... other than that, I tend to run away to my best friend, a canister of insecticide.

When my friends knew about this, they usually will tease me shamelessly esp. with my body size. :(

For me, cockroaches of any kind, crawling, flying, small, big. I ran away from them. And if they are in my house in which I live alone, I actually ran out of the house and get help from my neighbour to get rid of it. One the street, I was once literally jump up on my lady friend with my legs on her waist (yup, she's a strong lady).

And actually, I'm afraid of most of the insects mosquitoes are fine... other than that, I tend to run away to my best friend, a canister of insecticide.

When my friends knew about this, they usually will tease me shamelessly esp. with my body size. :(

Haha...luckily u did not stay at my house. This morning I was woken by my tenant to look into my kitchen. There were lots of cockroach coming out form my chute. Then I remember that they were fumigating the chute and I quickly taped the chut. And had to clear all those cockroach. My tenant dare not step into the kitchen.

Hahaha... yah lah..u so big still scared of small little insect ah. Anyway, why are you afraid? Due to something in ur childhood?

Guest FattChoy88

I'm also afraid of cockroach.

It's like the most disgusting thing, colour, texture and all.

My other half is afraid of spiders, especially big hairy tarantulas.

He'd be so animated watching the episodes of Fear Factor where they put tarantula all over the contestant's head.

Recently I developed another phobia, which is being shouted at by my boss.

When the phone rings, I'd cringe and think it's him. He's quite a nice guy, except when he rages.

Guest hybrid

My mom is afraid of durians and I am afraid of newspaper :ph34r:

I've a few friends whom have the following phobia.

one has a fear of caterpillar

one has a fear of walking into spider webs

one has a fear of cockroach, worst if its the flying kind. (Entomophobia - Fear of insects)

one has a fear of cats, especially when the tail brushes your legs when eating at hawker center. (Zoophobia - Fear of animals)

For me I am afraid of things that may bite you when I am swimming in the sea. e.g. shark. That may be the result of watching Jaws when I was young.

So, What is your Phobias (Fear)?

Here are Top 10 Common Phobias

1. Acrophobia - Fear of Heights

2. Claustrophobia - Fear of Enclosed Spaces

3. Nyctophobia - Fear of the Dark

4. Ophidiophobia - Fear of Snakes

5. Arachnophobia - Fear of Spiders

6. Trypanophobia - Fear of Injection or Medical Needles

7. Astraphobia - Fear of Thunder and Lightning

8. Nosophobia - Fear of Having a Disease

9. Mysophobia AKA Germophobia - Fear of Germs

10. Triskaidekaphobia - Fear of the Number 13

Links to some of the phobias

http://phobias.about.com/od/introductionto...ypespath.htm#s3

http://www.phobia-fear-release.com/types-of-phobia.html

I think some of you guys confused phobia with fear, afraid of something.

We are afraid of unknown, we are afraid of cockroaches, these are not phobia.

Phobia is more than fear or afraid, its an exaggerrated inexplicable and illogical fear; something that can send a chill down your spine.

I hate cockroaches too and must kill it when see one, but I dont think I have a phobia for cockroaches.

When you have a phobia for certain thing, upon seeing it, your knees will go weak, you enter into a state of shock and you may even pass out.

I'm afraid of cockroaches too.

Cockroaches are errie, smelly and dirty.

Especially those flying ones.

I'll be the first one to run away. :yuk:

same for me... cockroach is my greatest fear... if I am in Fear Factor and has to face cockroaches.. I will give up immediately even without thinking... even if the prize money is 1 million...

alright... i cant stand reading this anymore...

This is really embarassing, and im not trying to create flame, im serious, im really embarass by all u sissies. To be scared of cockcroach is one thing, but to brag abt it here like how u would react are just plain sissy.

It so turn off.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Which is probably why even you understand it.

Guest Clubber

This is really embarassing, and im not trying to create flame, im serious, im really embarass by all u sissies. To be scared of cockcroach is one thing, but to brag abt it here like how u would react are just plain sissy.

It so turn off.

Why you like that wan? Since society did not grant us the space, let gay world has its own created democracy mah. Besides, cockroache is really scary. I have a straight friend who came crying because his home is infested with roaches too. They are large, covered with deadly bacterias and germs, their legs are long and thorny, they smell like shit and fly like helicopter that can land anywhere including on your face. They have a devilish dark color and move with sound like many nails tapping on hard floor. When they die, their surronding turned black and worst of all, it burst when you smack it. Now my legs really turn soft liao just by mentioning this horrible creature that existed everywhere.

I don't have a phobia, and I wouldn't say I'm afraid of insects, because I have interest in them.

Roaches however... are not insects. They are the devil's SPAWN. I've been hit in the head by blind flying roaches before... TWICE in different places. And of all places, one of them was in China Square. It feels like someone throwing a ball of paper at your head. That's EXACTLY how it feels like.

So yeah, I hate flying roaches. Other than that, I just stomp them out. I usually kick them around before I stomp. Of all the species that go extinct in the world, why couldn't it be roaches?

So yeah, I'm not really afraid of them... I just hate them.

mine is when I pull out, I'm covered in brown stuff .... yuk, gross! :swear:

Oh wait, was this supposed to be a decent thread? hehe

OK, my phobia is me developing a phobia.

Edited by beef4beef

"Life it too short to be small"

TightAss, you have phobia for being penetrate by a long thick cock ?

No wonder your ass so tight.

Can keep in the musuem and display liao :rolleyes:

Too tight is not good .......... actually prefer them loose.

Edited by beef4beef

"Life it too short to be small"

Guest -Life Searcher-

Phobia of losing your love again?? or Phobia of people leaving you??

Well for things... lizard?? Anyone phobia of that? I know some friends reallt scare of lizards, taking flight.. and etc..

Ive developed a silly phobia, that when i die, no one will come to my funeral.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

It so turn off.

I am going to be so sissy right now :)

There was a program on cockroaches on Discovery, they showed this cockroach factory in China,

that they use to create cockroach serum. When they injected cockroach serum into a recently-dead frog,

its heart started again. I told my bf, when I die, DO NOT inject cockroach serum into my heart.

There was this room in the factory, and 2 technicians were in the room, with cockroaches swarming all over them.

If cockroaches are about to swarm all over me, my soul will just leave my body immediately.

Then they showed some boys in Taiwan who have pet cockroaches, which were crawling all over their faces.

That 1-hour program made me cringe, squirm, and squeal more than any other program or movie.

Every time that a cockroach was in touch with any part of my body, it scarred me for life!

I remember every single incident - the worst incident was I was waiting in Jurong bus interchange

(now moved to Boon Lay) after a rainy afternoon. Suddenly I felt something in my trouser-leg, near the calf.

I touched it, and wondered what it was. Then I felt it moved higher to my knee. I still did not know what it was,

and stamped stamped my leg. Out came a cockroach from the bottom of my trouser-leg. Curtains down.

Epilogue : I now have a large bottle of insecticide in every room and bathroom, so that I always have a weapon

no matter where I meet a cockroach in my house. I should consider carrying one when I go out...

Edited by eric6363

when i was young, i phobias of fail my spelling ....then grow up fail my test...to examination.

especially final exam.....ever kena lau sai....

my A level exam.....black out n landed in hospital, with the drippling

Army time phobias of failing my bmt....ostacle test.

Reservist phobias of fail ippt

Working life...phobias of boss give extra responsibilities n work late - until i decide to come back to work on weekend.

• 1 year later...

I am not sure why also, but I only have a theory on it, when I first confess that I am gay to one of my close friend(a guy), they started avoiding me, then over the month, it has become a wall between me and my friends, then after I meet some new friends, the new friends will start to get close to me and when they lean near me or put their hand over my shoulder like(bromance) the uneasy feeling kinda appear..

Edited by FateEva

Guest Restraint

Did anyone have some phobia when another guy touching you? I mean like it a little uneasy feeling , but you are GAY?!.

For me, it's less of a phobia but a self-restraint to prevent unnecessary awkwardness/ accusation in future when they find out that I'm gay.

But if they know that I'm gay, and they carry on doing it, then I'm more okay with it.

By they, I'm referring to my friends/ people I know of course, and not some random stranger suddenly touching me out of nowhere (although I know some may have such fetish ;))

Guest anti-xanava

of course i feel uneasy n uncomfortable if a guy gets too close to me n invade my privacy... after all i m STRAIGHT.

ya ya, mr. str8 guy...

anything that i can help u?

of course i feel uneasy n uncomfortable if a guy gets too close to me n invade my privacy... after all i m STRAIGHT.

i don't have close gay friend so i can't speak for them. But i do noticed my circle of straight friends, they are more of touching person than myself. I will feel uneasy when they are too close to me especially those are not my type. May be because i am "gay", i am conscious about the "space". In the club house changing room, i can see they can talk to each other naked without any problem, during drinking session, they can kiss on the "cheek" "of course only the cheek" and shoulder their brother and good friend like nobody business. I even experience the group sex with the night club girls in the entertainment room. I am the one hiding in the dark corner enjoying while they are openly enjoy and exchange. So, you be the judge :whistle:

i don't have close gay friend so i can't speak for them. But i do noticed my circle of straight friends, they are more of touching person than myself. I will feel uneasy when they are too close to me especially those are not my type. May be because i am "gay", i am conscious about the "space". In the club house changing room, i can see they can talk to each other naked without any problem, during drinking session, they can kiss on the "cheek" "of course only the cheek" and shoulder their brother and good friend like nobody business. I even experience the group sex with the night club girls in the entertainment room. I am the one hiding in the dark corner enjoying while they are openly enjoy and exchange. So, you be the judge :whistle:

personally, despite being a touchy gay, i will avoid getting in body contact with straight guys.

to me, it is a way to hide my identity.

Edited by luke84

• 8 months later...

Cockroaches are nasty and incredibly dirty creatures. And they just won't stop crawling even with its head off.

Bad experience with cockroach before so that takes the cake.

Lizards and spiders are alright, can easily get them out of my room without much trouble.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Pouring dish washing liquid over cockroach? How come u dun use baygon?

Actually whether it is cockroach, lizards or spiders, depends how many of them lah. If only one, dun think i am scare. But if u see many of them together, then i find a bit disgusting.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

I like catching lizards! They're so cuteeeeee! But I hate the part where their feets keep expanding and contracting like as though they're breathing! GROSSS.

U catch lizards for wht eh? They r cute meh? U dun scare their tail drop?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Cockroaches...bad experience at home.

Lizards...saw one that was 30cm long in Cambodia. It was outside my doorstep,and I had to stay there for 5 days.

Spiders...One that was bigger than the size of a palm crawled up to my shoulder during a car ride.

So...I hate all of them. But I'm getting used to lizards. :)

I dun mean their tails cannot grow back, i know their tails can grow back. But wht i meant is u dun get freak out when their tails drop when u try to catch them, and their tail still moving on the floor even though it has dropped!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Cockroaches...bad experience at home.

Lizards...saw one that was 30cm long in Cambodia. It was outside my doorstep,and I had to stay there for 5 days.

Spiders...One that was bigger than the size of a palm crawled up to my shoulder during a car ride.

So...I hate all of them. But I'm getting used to lizards. :)

U indeed have bad experience! Palm size spider crawl onto ur shoulder during car ride? Wonder where the hell it comes from?

30cm lizard? u sure it was household lizard or monitor lizard tht u saw?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• G_M changed the title to What Is / Are Your Phobias - Things You Are Afraid / Scared Of E.g Cockroaches, Needles, etc ? (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.