Male HQ

What Is / Are Your Phobias - Things You Are Afraid / Scared Of E.g Cockroaches, Needles, etc ? (Compiled)

lizards and spiders are cute and adorable...

my biggest phobia is COCKROACHES..i run like a little girl if one's anywhere close to me..i started bawling, when a flying one chased me around the room (its that bad..)

same la.. no matter how vulgr i am and talk loud like uncle ah beng... i see cockroaches i will try to get rid of them or ..tell my father mother brother and they will scold me useless! hahahahha

U indeed have bad experience! Palm size spider crawl onto ur shoulder during car ride? Wonder where the hell it comes from?

30cm lizard? u sure it was household lizard or monitor lizard tht u saw?

It might be Gecko.... I have cockroaches probia as well... most often, I dun dare to open up the dustbin to throw my trashes in case some roaches flying out from it. Eeeekss....

I'm turned off by cockroaches. Especially flying ones. Once I crawled up to my legs and the feeling was unbearable. Another one incident a flying cockroach flew to my mouth and touched my lips... Thankfully my mouth was closed. If not... For spiders when I was young I do play with them. Especially those fighting spiders. Always go catch spiders (barehanded)in the woods with my classmates when I was younger. So spiders doesn't scare me. Lizards, are cute looking friends at home. Cuz they will eliminate pests like flies and disturbing insects at home. I do play with some insects... Eg, praying mantis. Etc. as long as they're harmless and cute looking. I dun mind. But cockroaches is always a no no.

请问是好东西,还是不好东西? 既然是在神台上, 坏东西应该不会在那里撒野吧?

仙人掌师傅,那时您吩咐我在您Facebook 上和您联络, 但您Facebook 没放上Friend function.

能否和我在 anony_pax08@yahoo.com 联系。有急事请教您。有关药师佛之事。 谢谢。

温馨提示:

家中神台上若有常昆虫、蜘蛛等。要注意了。

9/10 cases 神台上有"东西"。

请问是好东西,还是不好东西? 既然是在神台上, 坏东西应该不会在那里撒野吧?

仙人掌师傅,那时您吩咐我在您Facebook 上和您联络, 但您Facebook 没放上Friend function.

能否和我在 anony_pax08@yahoo.com 联系。有急事请教您。有关药师佛之事。 谢谢。

不敢当哦。受不起。
称‘老师’or '仙人掌'。
能帮就帮。 你等等。

i'm damn scared of lizards and they keep crawling into the house. any effective way to keep them out?

Liz are less scarier than roaches cos they will crawl away from u. Roaches will anyhow crawl n fly, and sometimes towards ur directn. :(

Try to make ur hse free from small insects, cos these r food for liz and will attract them.

To make sure I don't see that big black cockroach again, I'm going to stock up my house with pandan leaves before the supermarket closes at 5!

How come u dun kill the big black cockroach when u see it in the first place?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Lizards - afraid I'll step on them and have to scrape their sticky, flattened corpses off my foot.

I always find lizards n roaches who are big n fat are disgusting rather than scary.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

My phobia list in alphabetical random order:

1. Achluophobia - Fear of darkness. (very true!)

2. Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - Fear of 666

3. Bogyphobia - Fear of bogies or the bogeyman.

4. Cheimaphobia - Fear of cold. (I just hate the cold/freezing weather)

5. Cleisiophobia - Fear of being locked in an enclosed place.

6. Coprophobia - Fear of feces. (very disgusting)

7. Cyprianophobia - Fear of prostitutes or venereal disease.

8. Demonophobia - Fear of demons.

9. Decidophobia - Fear of making decisions. (That's why I sometimes let people decide)

10. Dystychiphobia - Fear of accidents.

11. Hadephobia - Fear of hell.

12. Helminthophobia - Fear of being infested with worms. (really gross)

13. Parasitophobia - Fear of parasites.

14. Phasmophobia - Fear of ghost.

15. Philemaphobia - Fear of kissing. (hadn't kissed for many years! But cheek-to-cheek kiss is ok)

16. Philophobia - Fear of falling in love or being in love. (Shocking, I know!!)

17. Pneumatiphobia - Fear of spirits.

18. Satanophobia - Fear of Satan.

19. Scatophobia - Fear of fecal matter.

20. Spectrophobia - Fear of specters or ghosts.

21. Taeniophobia - Fear of tapeworms.

22. Traumatophobia - Fear of injury.

23. Trichinophobia - Fear of trichinosis.

24. trypophobia - fear of holes on skin. (looking at it will send me itching)

25. Katsaridaphobia- Fear of cockroaches. (very common)

Edited by samsara

안녕하세요.

• Guest locked this topic
  • 1 year later...

Needle Phobia Facts
The Fear of Needles Has Many Names - But It Is Very Real

Trypa-what? Trypanophobia? If you've ever tried to search for "needle phobia" or "fear of shots," you've probably come across some very odd and confusing terms. But this condition is very real, and a whopping 20 percent of people have a fear of needles. There are a lot of risks associated with the fear of needles. It can prevent people from going to the doctor, getting routine blood tests, or following prescribed treatments. Modern medicine is making increased use of blood tests and injectable medications, and forgoing medical treatment because of a fear of needles puts people at a greater risk for illness and even death. For example, diabetics who skip glucose monitoring and insulin injections can put themselves in serious danger of complications.

HERE ARE THE SIX MEDICAL TERMS THAT ARE RELATED TO FEARING NEEDLES:
  • 1.Aichmophobia: an intense or morbid fear of sharp or pointed objects
  • 2.Algophobia: an intense or morbid fear of pain
  • 3.Belonephobia: an abnormal fear of sharp pointed objects, especially needles
  • 4.Enetophobia: a fear of pins
  • 5.Trypanophobia: a fear of injections
  • 6.Vaccinophobia: a fear of vaccines and vaccinations

OTHER IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT FEARING NEEDLES
  • Approximately 20 percent of the general population has some degree of fear associated with needles and injections.
  • Traumatic experiences in childhood form the foundation of these fears—like seeing an older sibling cry when getting their shots.
  • As much as 10 percent of people suffer from a phobia called trypanophobia, which is a fear of needles and injections.
  • Of those who have a fear of needles, at least 20 percent avoid medical treatment as a result.
  • The fear of needles is both a learned and an inherited condition. A fairly small number inherit a fear of needles, but most people acquire needle phobia around age four to six.

Guest Theprince

And I thought I was the only one. Lol. I have gotten better over the years but I still can't look at a needle entering my body. 

Had a bad experience when I was in my primary school days. I won't really want to handle a needle, but seeing it on myself (the usual injection or drawing of blood), am fine though. LOL.

On 2nd thought, if I can handle a needle well, I would have seriously considered nursing, many many moons back...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jack

One of my gay friend is really afraid on crowded place and with very loud sounds. It is always a challenge for him going on a movie with us. What is your phobia?

20 minutes ago, Guest Jack said:

One of my gay friend is really afraid on crowded place and with very loud sounds. It is always a challenge for him going on a movie with us. What is your phobia?

My suggestion is ... 

You can try arrange movie night at someone's home + cook fried food .. definitely still a good experience too =)

Edited by Ezra

Feel free to follow me at Instagram 😘

Hot guys with big cock who break hearts.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

For me, it's not so much a phobia - it's more like I cannot stand:

i) Girls who speak in a fake ang moh accent when they are talking to an ang moh man.

ii) Girls who think that society owes them a living just because they have a university degree. 

Guest Irritated

I know it is disgusting to see girl acted like princess, but the guy who overly pampered their girl is most digusting.

1)  People who spend money blindly pursuing trend. 

2)  A group of old uncles and aunties taking up space and talking loudly like they owned the whole empire of the universe.

3)  Those who deliberately walked straight into you and treating you like an invisible object.

4)   A bunch of young kids screaming and yelling into other people ears while their parent just watch.

5)  Straight men making funny faces at gay people to impress their girl.

6)  Neighbours who delibeately banged their door loudly everytime they exited or entered it.

7)  Those who talked non-stop and still didn't come to the point of what they were trying to say.

8)  Foreigners who overstepped their host's boundary.

9)  Boss who still think that offering you a job is considered a free gift

10) People who still reject 5 cent coin.

11)  Stalker who can't read rejection.

12)  People who shopped around wearing pyjamus

13)  People who slept in the crowded library

14)  Indian who kept grabbing their crotch for no reason

15)  Young muslim women who kept holding their nose at other people in public area

16)  People who threw soiled tissue paper into the tea cup or bowl after every meal.

17)  People who make gossip as their regular meal

18)  Arrogant RC people

19)  People wearing dark glasses at NIGHT to act cool

20)  A heartless capitalist city.

4 hours ago, Guest Jack said:

One of my gay friend is really afraid on crowded place and with very loud sounds. It is always a challenge for him going on a movie with us.

I believe that for your friend, his phobia has nothing to do with being gay.

Some people are more sensitive to their surroundings and to external stimulus.

If you remember the Lord of the Rings movie, Legolas is like that. He can hear the whispers of the trees in Fangorn Forest, but then when he heard the Dark Speech of Mordor being uttered at Rivendell, it made him feel a lot of pain, because it overwhelmed his senses.

maxresdefault.jpg

So from a metaphysical point of view, your friend is probably an empath. Usually,  empaths will wear crystals like citrine or amethyst on their body to protect their senses from being overwhelmed by external stimuli. 

Edited by CKW

• G_M changed the title to What Is / Are Your Phobias - Things You Are Afraid / Scared Of E.g Cockroaches, Needles, etc ? (Compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • 9 months later...

Me no likey rats or mouse.... Even the sound of it squeaking, I can go round the block to avoid crossing path with Mr Ratty or Miss Mousey. Luckily, in Singapore you don't get them running around the neighbourhood like it was before (I hope I'm right about this). 

“We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.” -Virginia Satir

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.