Male HQ

Champagne Brunch!

Guest gaysingaporean

I'm going to be politically incorrect and ask if you've noticed that with Greeks, as a general rule, they are either runway-model-takes-your-breath-away-drop-dead-gorgeous or "kena langgar by lorry"( cousins of Shrek or Gollum ). There's no in between. My experience is from the 1980's, so perhaps by now they may have evolved. :oops: :ph34r:

Ha! ha! ha! So very true!

Spent most of the 90s making regular trips to Greece... visiting Athens and about nearly 15 islands., must say your observation is quite spot on.

Another point is many are cute and good looking when they are in their teens and 20s, but many just lost their looks after that. Getting out of shape and having hairy backs and ears!!!

But I must say there are some dashing older Greek men around... few and far in between.

By the way, Asian, especially Chinese are very popular with the Greek.

Guest Passingthru
By the way, Asian, especially Chinese are very popular with the Greek.

Greeks are very fun loving from what I've seen in the past. I guess they find East Asians comparatively stoic, passionless and doll like and this juxtaposition inflames them. :thumb:

Guest gaysingaporean

You are welcome!

You are really a happy man if you have no regret. And I am glad to know that you are the one who broke from your French bf...So, I don't think we have any responsibility! ;)

And you don't seem to dislike married men? :whistle:

Greeks can be nice too...except their global economic and financial behaviour!

Lots of English have houses in Provence and, like you, come for short stays by train or plane; well, better weather there maybe?

I'm going there by car soon.

"Sipping champagne in Provence" reminds me of an awful story (specially for experts like Passingthru): years ago, we had friends for lunch in the Provence house. Just before serving champagne, I saw that I had forgotten to refresh it.

I put it in the freezer compartment of the fridge (!), but 15 minutes later, it was completely frozen! I then discreetly put the bottle in the sun on the terrace (something like 35°C in august) and 10 minutes later, I served it. Everybody found it good...I think they were quite polite.

I never tried the reknown "Mont Blanc" at Angelina's. There is always a huge queue in front (at least each time I passed in front) and I don't like to wait half an hour to get seated :angry: .

If you go to your countryhouse, will you pass through Paris?

As I have mentioned, I usually fly to Marseilles from London or take the Eurostar to Avignon. If I do visit Paris, it will be mostly a short trip or day trip, and from London too! In fact I was supposed to be in Paris now at Chantilly where my best friend's daughter is completing in horse riding competition. Busy here in Singapore and had to make a trip to Chiang Mai. I make regular visits there helping my Australian friend who runs an orphanage there.

My French ex-boyfriend fathered a child during his younger days. He did not marry the boy's mother. I got on very well with the boy and his mother during my times in Paris. The sad news is the boy died in a car accident in 1998 when he was only 26. I will always remember what he told his father when I left the house...You are a horrid man, not wonder he left you!!!

I do hate the term bisexual but I think that's the easier way to describe my ex. In fact most of my relationships were with men who just happen to sleep with women too! I have many gay friends who are couples but somehow I always find it's quite complicated as far as two gay men are concerned.

I always think in a relationship it should always start with friendship and respect. And later on when there's any sexual attraction, great!

As for your "frozen champagne"... I would have merrily drink it without any complain.

During the summer months, I like to make ice lollies with fruit juices. Much to my French friend's horror, I sometimes make ice lollies with cheap supermarket rose or white wine!!! So deliciously refreshing! Ha! ha! ha!

Oh! you must try the Mont Blanc at Angelina... the hot chocolate drink " L'African"there, is yummy too!

If you love Marron you will love Mont Blanc too. You see, I love Marron Glace as well!

As I have mentioned, I usually fly to Marseilles from London or take the Eurostar to Avignon. If I do visit Paris, it will be mostly a short trip or day trip, and from London too! In fact I was supposed to be in Paris now at Chantilly where my best friend's daughter is completing in horse riding competition. Busy here in Singapore and had to make a trip to Chiang Mai. I make regular visits there helping my Australian friend who runs an orphanage there.

My French ex-boyfriend fathered a child during his younger days. He did not marry the boy's mother. I got on very well with the boy and his mother during my times in Paris. The sad news is the boy died in a car accident in 1998 when he was only 26. I will always remember what he told his father when I left the house...You are a horrid man, not wonder he left you!!!

I do hate the term bisexual but I think that's the easier way to describe my ex. In fact most of my relationships were with men who just happen to sleep with women too! I have many gay friends who are couples but somehow I always find it's quite complicated as far as two gay men are concerned.

I always think in a relationship it should always start with friendship and respect. And later on when there's any sexual attraction, great!

As for your "frozen champagne"... I would have merrily drink it without any complain.

During the summer months, I like to make ice lollies with fruit juices. Much to my French friend's horror, I sometimes make ice lollies with cheap supermarket rose or white wine!!! So deliciously refreshing! Ha! ha! ha!

Oh! you must try the Mont Blanc at Angelina... the hot chocolate drink " L'African"there, is yummy too!

If you love Marron you will love Mont Blanc too. You see, I love Marron Glace as well!

Too bad you don't stay much in Paris! But these days, you do not miss much; the weather was unpleasant.

And congratulations for helping your friend in his orphanage; noble task!

If you need some help (or a drink) here, just tell me.

Sorry about your French bf's son story. I must be awful to lose a son at this age. But even more awful is what he said to his father...

Have you any explanation for the fact that most of your relations were with "bisexuals"? Anyway, bisexuals are not monsters, you know!

And I'm not sure that all relationships should start with friendship and respect. It may start with sexual attraction, then develop into respect and love, and last over ten years, believe me...

Well, we are far from the thread here. Why don't you register as a member (it is very easy) and PM me?

Back to the thread, your lollies remind me of those we made with liquorice when I was a kid; I'll have to try with rosé!

And yes, I like marrons and marrons glacés; I'll try Angelina some day; thanks for the suggestion.

But I'm not sure you would have enjoyed my frozen champagne; for the experts (I'm not one), this treatment is considered horrible!

Greeks are very fun loving from what I've seen in the past. I guess they find East Asians comparatively stoic, passionless and doll like and this juxtaposition inflames them. :thumb:

I learn something here!

But I am surprised by that Greek opinion about Asians. Some ones are really far from "passionless and doll like"... :twisted:

Well, I'm not Greek...

By the way, did you try their "retsina" wine? I always have mixed feelings about this...shall we say "wine"? :yuk:

Greece. Ouzo. Retsina. Hate the smell.... like kerosine..... :yuk:

Though I did like their vinsanto dessert wines from Santorini. A nice close to a meal of grilled octopus. Yum!

There was a Nemean red wine, an 05 or 06 iirc.... using a Peloponnesian grape the Agiorgitiko or something. Sweet, spicy and rich. Tried it when I was shooting there a couple of years back.

Instagram @the_meowprince

Greece. Ouzo. Retsina. Hate the smell.... like kerosine..... :yuk:

Though I did like their vinsanto dessert wines from Santorini. A nice close to a meal of grilled octopus. Yum!

There was a Nemean red wine, an 05 or 06 iirc.... using a Peloponnesian grape the Agiorgitiko or something. Sweet, spicy and rich. Tried it when I was shooting there a couple of years back.

We are on the same wavelength about retsina. Tastes like a (bad) medicine. I was obliged to drink that with my Greek friends, just to be polite... :wacko:

Uzo and sweet dessert wines are good, so is the grilled octopus, specially if you fished it yourself! :P

Never heard about your Nemean wine, I'll have to try next time.

Guest Passingthru

I learn something here!

But I am surprised by that Greek opinion about Asians. Some ones are really far from "passionless and doll like"... :twisted:

Well, I'm not Greek...

By the way, did you try their "retsina" wine? I always have mixed feelings about this...shall we say "wine"? :yuk:

No, please don't 'learn' anything from me. :o I'm merely theorizing in this case. Never tried any Greek wine before.

MeowPrince, thanks for these photos; excellent, as usual! And they remind me of lots of wonderful trips to Greece...

They make me hungry, too! I'll have to get my breakfast soon... (It's around 7am here).

I wish you a nice photo safari if you plan one on this sunday.

No, please don't 'learn' anything from me. :o I'm merely theorizing in this case. Never tried any Greek wine before.

Are you theorizing about Greeks or Greek wine? :lol:

Anyway, your theory about Asians' attractivity for Greeks is interesting; but I did not see Asians like that! ;)

And about wine, well, maybe a connaisseur like you can skip; they have pleasant wines (memories of sea, s.x and sun...), but maybe no great ones.

Their "national" iconic wine, retsina, is something quite well described by MeowPrince: smells like kerosene, or maybe turpentine.

Drinkable only with Greek friends, eating grilled octopus and watching the sunset at Cape Sunnion... ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Update - had to chance to try the dim sum brunch at Yan Ting. $98 for dim sum brunch, $158 with champagne. Took the non-champagne one. Gosh the food.... @@

This composite is an excerpt of just some of the food....

1246451.jpg

The abalone+chicken soup was rather disappointing, though the lobster made up for it - there were 3 choices to choose from - lobster in superior stock, lobster in garlic butter, and lobster with cheese and bacon.

Brunch was an a la carte buffet. And boy, you need a lot of people to be able to explore the menu. The dim sum items were surprising few, just 15 to pick from, but the rest... now that was something else. Noticed other tables went for the conventional items, and ours was the only one to pick oddball items. The cod fish wrapped in cabbage and simmered in stock was excellent, as was the scallops in garden beans and the XO sauteed prawns. The roast pork and roast duck were not bad, and the pig ears were unusual (yes, ears).

They had a couple of new dessert times - banana+red bean paste fritters and the crispy choco malt balls. The former was good, but please avoid the latter...@@

Hope someone else might visit others and share your report on them here too. :)

Instagram @the_meowprince

• 3 weeks later...

Just to clarify about Salon. My opinion on it is of course personal, especially with regards to its keeping qualities. It may be the exception to the rule since it is grown and cultivated so differently. I'm guessing it has a high acidity and is very minerally which will make it keep far longer than others of the same ilk. You can always try to keep it for a decade or 2 but should it go off, then the blame will always fall on your cellaring facility. But hor, who owns a chalk cave so deep underground and secure that the temperature remains the same year round? Also, one never knows what has occurred during the transit from Mesnil to HK or S'pore? How respected was the cold chain?

I went to The Tastings Room yesterday and saw a bottle of Salon @ $669!

120px-Zoso.svg.png

• 4 months later...

if you are going for PJ, ignore others.. just go straight for those that has flowers painting on the bottles itself... hmm.. was told is hand painted..wonder how thru..

This bottle was originally designed by Emile Gallé, and is reedited now. I am not sure all is hand made...

And if you like throwing money through the windows, you can also try Dom Perignon; not bad either...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.