Male HQ

[Hiv Support Group] Looking For People Who Are Hiv + Poz For Poz (Compiled)

On 12/4/2016 at 0:10 PM, HanselPZB said:

Hi mx67

Almost all are homosexuals, though we have had bisexual attendees before. Your identity will be kept strictly confidential (we have a form that participants must sign that assures each of their confidentiality). Each session lasts at least 3 hours with a short break in between. The location will be disclosed once the Programme coordinator ascertains your participation. 

The aim of our empowerment sessions is to help participants pick up the pieces and hopefully help other HIV positive along the way to do so and we do this by going through a customised set of modules. 

Hope that helps!

xoxo

Hansel

That is not true. I heard from friends that attendees, and even some of the facilitators themselves gossip about the identity of some of the attendees.

Hi there just been diagnosed recently. Seeking

For friend even LTR or just fren keep company for each other.Spend time chit chat cos we are in the same boat probally will have good relation to last.Someone there as people need people. So let go the ego, fear, shyness,feeling depressed,lets mingle .

Edited by Roy2017
  • 2 weeks later...

Wah I just realised there are actually quite a number of pozzies around...

Anyway 28 chn 173 57 here (yes I put on some weight aghrrrrr), just hmu if you are interested to chat and hang out or something liddat!

Btw I am kind of interested in the AFA Revive programme (I don't care so much about the gossiping after all I have been the topic of gossips all my life, one more gossip wouldn't hurt me any further), anyone can drop me more info...? Thanks in advance!

On 18/01/2017 at 0:40 PM, Fitzai said:

That is not true. I heard from friends that attendees, and even some of the facilitators themselves gossip about the identity of some of the attendees.

Hi Fitzai

I am sorry to hear you heard from friends that some attendees and even facilitators did not strictly adhere to the terms and conditions of confidentiality that AFA requires them to sign on the first session they attend Revive Empowerment Programmes. If your friend (whom i presume to have attended Revive) feels uncomfortable about unwanted disclosure, directly inform the manager in charge of the Revive group about it.

I have experienced others talking behind my back and only realized when one kind soul (a psychology-trained volunteer at AFA) informed me that I've been the subject of gossip. I have to admit that the experience was terrible and I was fearful about what others would think about me. I immediately sought help from the GM at AFA and even some other staff came to console me and later found out that the person who was gossiping about me was silenced (he pretended not to know me when we met in person, they shut him up good!). But after a while I realised, so what if he knows? My name is not HIVPOZMAN, I'm more than just my HIV status so why should I let him label me as "that HIV positive guy"?

As a former participant and current facilitator of Revive, I must emphasize that our aim, ultimately, is to re-integrate newly diagnosed HIV positive into the society so that we will feel comfortable living with our status instead of living in constant fear and self-oppression or self-denial. Trust me, your life as an HIV positive man/woman will be much more meaningful after you have learnt to accept that there are some things in life we have no control over :)

Hansel

On 16/02/2017 at 1:21 AM, faradise said:

Wah I just realised there are actually quite a number of pozzies around...

Anyway 28 chn 173 57 here (yes I put on some weight aghrrrrr), just hmu if you are interested to chat and hang out or something liddat!

Btw I am kind of interested in the AFA Revive programme (I don't care so much about the gossiping after all I have been the topic of gossips all my life, one more gossip wouldn't hurt me any further), anyone can drop me more info...? Thanks in advance!

Hi faradise!

Shall i inform the GM in charge of Revive to book a slot for you? :)

Hansel

On 3/1/2017 at 6:09 PM, Atatakai24 said:

May I know if there's anyone here who's had or seen successful poz-neg relationships? Also I'm curious when some of the bros here seek for poz tops or btms, would they use protection? My apologies if this question sounds ignorant.

Actually there is another option if want a poz-neg relationship. If both can abstain anal and oral sex towards each other and be contended just touching, hugging and cuddling up with each other than i see there will be no problem.

5 hours ago, azuchan said:

Serodiscordant (poz-neg) relationships do exist.

It all depends on how you mitigate and minimize the risk factors involved.

I've seen a serodiscordant couple do it by PrEP, faithful medical regime, condom use, and fidelity. Nothing more than that.

It can get a bit expensive because of the medications, but it works for them.

well, i can't agree more. I also have some Poz-Neg couple friends and due to this "unique" relationship, it is seems to me that they treasure more in their relationship . I always admire them. 

1 hour ago, Atatakai24 said:

Thanks for your comments. On my second question, I wonder if any one of you has any idea?

"Also I'm curious when some of the bros here seek for poz tops or btms, would they use protection?"

Hard to say. Different couples/partners/people have different arrangements. It depends on their level of risk and comfort, and how they manage it.

Hi everyone

I am now lying on the hospital bed for multiple infections (thank god it's not something super life threatening) and the doctor swinged by during afternoon to tell me I should be hiv positive (some test results are not out yet and thus the lack of official results i guess). Guess they will officially let me know later today. 

I had a hunch i am postive two years ago and i ordered two oraquick test 1 year ago (which i lied to myself was false positive LOL). Never went to get tested except by myself cause i was trying to take time to brace myself for the official bad news (stupid cause you go get tested outside, less people would know, and your family would not know you got infections and you cant tell them the cause of infections).

Anyway i think i read all the hiv articles on this forum (thank you v blowingwind!) and did some research online over the past 2 years. 

I decided to join as i hope i will be able to contribute by maybe answering some questions (alot of the posts are actually quite useful for me). 

Trying to stay optimistic for now!:)

Edited by Passingthrough
Haven't type finish.

Lo

On 3/8/2017 at 2:03 AM, Passingthrough said:

Hi everyone

I am now lying on the hospital bed for multiple infections (thank god it's not something super life threatening) and the doctor swinged by during afternoon to tell me I should be hiv positive (some test results are not out yet and thus the lack of official results i guess). Guess they will officially let me know later today. 

I had a hunch i am postive two years ago and i ordered two oraquick test 1 year ago (which i lied to myself was false positive LOL). Never went to get tested except by myself cause i was trying to take time to brace myself for the official bad news (stupid cause you go get tested outside, less people would know, and your family would not know you got infections and you cant tell them the cause of infections).

Anyway i think i read all the hiv articles on this forum (thank you v blowingwind!) and did some research online over the past 2 years. 

I decided to join as i hope i will be able to contribute by maybe answering some questions (alot of the posts are actually quite useful for me). 

Trying to stay optimistic for now!:)

How are you feeling? Hope you're recovering well.

To be honest, i have another thread that wrote about my family story quite a bit. I am at my lowest point right now. I have no money and no place to stay soon. Being abuse in both work and at home and have to protect my mom. I have to rush home daily and not able to go out to have fun with my friends most of the time(Totally isolated from outside) On top of that, I am keeping quiet from my family about my status. I did have thoughts of suicide few years back when i am still serving nation. But it does not help the situation and this was not told to anyone. Recently, i having the suicide thoughts again but once again. If i am gone, my mom will be alone with this evil step dad of mine. How can i be so selfish?. I just hope you guys can be happy and take medication daily, try to live your life to the fullest and enjoy the freedom.

4 hours ago, 1potato2potato said:

would it be highly likely to obtain hiv when receiving a blowjob someone with hiv ?

Any sexual activity carries a risk of HIV infection. Anal and vaginal penetration carries a much higher risk than oral sex

However if you have microcuts on your penis, the virus can enter the body through those cuts from the saliva. These cuts can occur through abrasion (masturbating too roughly without lubrication prior to oral sex), accidental scraping of the teeth against the penis, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got diagnosed with hiv and am really distraughted and lost and would like to listen to some of the poz experiences because I still can't accept the fact that I'm hiv poz. I don't know how to I live my live anymore. Would love to hear from you, please..

Taking care of yourself when living with HIV

Having HIV doesn’t have to stop you living a full and healthy life. With the right treatment and care, you can expect to live just as long as someone who doesn’t have HIV.1

There’s a lot you can do to take care of yourself and feel fitter, healthier and happier.

If you have any questions, talk to your healthcare professional about nutrition, exercise, mental health or any of the other issues covered here.

Taking HIV treatment

Current treatment for HIV is not a cure for the virus, but it can keep HIV under control and this keeps your immune system strong.

In the past, older HIV drugs had serious side-effects, but treatment with modern HIV drugs is much better. If a side-effect doesn’t go away and is affecting your quality of life, you should be able to change to a different drug. Once you start HIV treatment, taking it every day is important to keep yourself well.2 Talk to your healthcare professional if you are having any problems taking treatment.

Eating healthily

People living with HIV should aim to eat a balanced diet, without too much fat, sugar or salt. For many people, eating well is a pleasure, and learning how to cook and prepare food for yourself, your family, or friends can be fun.

If you are underweight – perhaps because HIV was already making you ill by the time you were diagnosed – or overweight, or if you have any particular dietary problems or side-effects that make it hard to eat well, then you might benefit from talking to a healthcare professional about your diet.

To make it easier to understand what a balanced diet is made up of, it can help to think about the type of foods you eat.3 Your diet should be made up of:

• plenty of fruit and vegetables to provide fibre, vitamins and minerals
  • plenty of starchy carbohydrates to give you energy – such as brown rice, potatoes, wholemeal pasta and bread
  • some protein such as lean meat, fish, eggs and beans
  • some dairy products, such as milk, yoghurt and cheese
  • small amounts of fats and sugars

Exercise and keeping fit

Being active is good for you in lots of ways – it can help to build your muscles, keep your bones strong, burn fat and keep your heart healthy. Some people who are living with HIV experience a loss of muscle mass and strength, so exercise can help prevent this.4

You might get your exercise by taking part in a sport, or going to the gym, but everyday activities like dancing, playing in the park with your children, walking to work and gardening can all help get you moving.

If you want to do more exercise, feel fitter, have more stamina, more flexibility, or lose weight, there are three types of exercise to think about. These include:

• Cardio or aerobic exercise – this increases your heart rate to help blood flow right around your body, delivering oxygen to your muscles and keeping your heart and lungs healthy. Try running, swimming, dancing or cycling5
  • Resistance training – this increases the strength of your muscles by lifting weights for a period of time and then repeating. Even lifting a tin of beans will do!
  • Flexibility training – this stretches different parts of your body to strengthen your muscles and joints. Try stretching before and after any exercise you do, or focus on flexibility with an activity like yoga.

Particularly as we get older, regular exercise is important in reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes, which can be more common in people living with HIV. Exercise is also great at reducing feelings of stress and symptoms of depression.6

Staying happy and fulfilling your potential

Taking care of yourself is not just about your physical health, but looking after your mental and emotional health too.

Finding out you have HIV can be a shock, and it may take you some time to adjust. Support from your friends and family, or other people living with HIV, can really help when you are finding things difficult.

Once you begin coming to terms with HIV, it’s a good idea to think about the rest of your life. What are your goals? What’s important to you? Maybe you want to study, have a family, travel or change career – HIV shouldn’t stop you doing any of these things!

What else can I do to take care of myself?

Many of the things we do to look after ourselves are common sense. Try to get plenty of rest and sleep. If you smoke, try to stop – it isn’t always easy, but there is support available to help you. If you are concerned about your alcohol or drug use, talk to a healthcare professional for advice and support.

It’s also important to think about any other health conditions you have; particularly as we get older, we’re more likely to experience other health problems.

Thank you guys for all the encouragements and comfort! Sorry for not being able to respond your pvt messages one by one.

I have a question here, are the hiv treatment and consultation in Singapore anonymous too? I mean will my employers be informed of my status if I seek treatment here in Singapore?