Male HQ

Inconsiderate Neighbours

oreo

Guest Guest

For noise created by neighbor, many times there is no solution to it no matter u complaint to hdb, police, or even went to confront them. Some pple just simply selfish and only care for themselves.

Police will only entertain u if it is after 11pm. When they come, they will just politely ask them not to make noise and then after that not their business anymore, they will tell u to follow up with HDB.

HDB will investigate and talk to owners. If owners are uncooperative, there is nothing HDB can do. It's not a crime to make noise. Unless u are prepared to spend money to file a civil suit.

This kind of problems exist for decades already. It is only recently they start having community disputes centre.

Guest Guest

I once received Christian homophobic literature stuck in the bars of my front gate. Some neighbour objected to having a gay couple living in their HDB complex. What can a gay person do about that? I felt very bullied and intimidated but no laws were broken that I know of.

Guest OMG Romeo style

Strange all of you who have lived in a country with more then 40 years of independence is still stuck in the dark ages about all these simple to solve communal issues and still many of your lovey dovey actions are still recently remains unchanged as illegal.  

Instead of being complain queens of aunties, please guys,  do something like a man for a change.

Guest Guest

Do something like a man for a change. Such as what? Even HDB cannot do anything to them. There is no law here saying u cannot make noise inside your own home. What can we do "like a man"? Fight with them?

Guest Itchy Pussy

I once received Christian homophobic literature stuck in the bars of my front gate. Some neighbour objected to having a gay couple living in their HDB complex. What can a gay person do about that? I felt very bullied and intimidated but no laws were broken that I know of.

Two warriors are better than one staying alone when dealing with insensitive neighbour.  If couple realised their neighbour is anti gay, please have noisy sex at night until their neighbour cry mercies and leave the neighbourhood.  Besides, what can the law do to these couple since S377A is overturned and yet the court didn't want to bring it up again. Gay couple has nothing to lose even if they hold a public wedding ceremeony in Singapore knowing our court is hopeless. 

Inconsiderate Neighbours...????

I think its better to know your neighbours well and be friends with them,, I think these type of issues will be sloved...

I have moved into my neighbourhood for over 10 years and my neighbours are wonderful and friendly.. We will give each others gifts and exchange dishes.. Recently that I have a Korean Family (husband and wife and their 2 boys) who moved to my unit.... I was suprised that they offer a plate of their Tong Hoon Salad to my famile during our reunion dinner and wish us a Happy Chinese New Year, in return, I gave them some of my home baked Kuek Lapis and Pineapples Tarts with a bowl of my mom's Chicken Curry...

As for the other neighbours, they are so lovely too... They will always give us gifts whenever they returns from oversea...

I believe that when you are nice to your neighbours, they will certainly be nice to U...

Police will only entertain u if it is after 11pm. When they come, they will just politely ask them not to make noise and then after that not their business anymore, they will tell u to follow up with HDB.

HDB will investigate and talk to owners. If owners are uncooperative, there is nothing HDB can do. It's not a crime to make noise. Unless u are prepared to spend money to file a civil suit.

This kind of problems exist for decades already. It is only recently they start having community disputes centre.

U r rite. HDB only tok to the owners but whether the owners cooperate and stop making noise, nothing HDB can do. This is y my neighbour's dog sill continue making noise n not doing anything abt it, cos they know they get away with it.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Fainted

Inconsiderate Neighbours...????

I think its better to know your neighbours well and be friends with them,, I think these type of issues will be sloved...

Alright, when I first shifted into my new house I kept smiling at my neighbour.  One day, this neighbour politely held the lift for me and I was thankful but the next question came from his mouth that shocked me. He wanted to borrow money from me. 

Alright, when I first shifted into my new house I kept smiling at my neighbour.  One day, this neighbour politely held the lift for me and I was thankful but the next question came from his mouth that shocked me. He wanted to borrow money from me.

Tot he wanted to have fun with u?! Haha. Sometimes too friendly also problem.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest GUEST

better dun bring different guys to yr home.neighbour tends to gossips wat the hell always got different guys in and out  yr home?so choose neighbours who always close door .

better dun bring different guys to yr home.neighbour tends to gossips wat the hell always got different guys in and out  yr home?so choose neighbours who always close door .

How u know ur neighbours r those always close door or open door?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• 9 months later...
Guest skylite

Hi all,

i have a problem .. my neighbour who is OCD placed her big vase near to my side window . Hers is a corner unit and mine is next to her...so she placed 3 vases and 1 of them already touched my side window...on top of that she locked her trolley which is placed under my window too...i cant remove her trolley for sure but i have the urge to remove her vases as it intrude our space and privacy...we can't even open our side window freely as we wish coz she will surely pretend to come out and water her plants...who knows she will peep our window...i feel like placing a divider plank to cover my side window as a divider for space...and shift her vases more to her side... this is really nerve wrecking as she still want to claim for space rights which is not even her area at first place..please advise should i just shift her vase or complain to Town Council...cos i ever did that once but TC won't help much either...just speak to her and let it be...sigh.

Guest Bearbear

Haha... I thought i am the only person whom is suffering from this problem.

I have been staying in this unit for 10 plus years and the disturbance of my on top neighbour is actually nothing new to me nor to my family members, but recently, their behavior became worse. For the past weeks, the occupants not sure who is it, had been stamping or throwing items on the floor during early mornings around 0630 am or at nights after 1030pm. This was constantly done on top of my room. For the past years, whenever they hang out clothes, the occupant have a habit of banging onto the metal bar regardless of what time is it and not drying their clothes well, but we are willing to tolerate the behavior.  Recent behavior have really gone over my tolerance level as the situation has gone from bad to worse. 

At least now i know there are many others who are in the same boat as me.   :( 

me too. My upstairs are one bunch of pinoys, They rent whole unit. Total 6 of them. Very noisy. I reported mata, but they not too scared of mata. End up i forward the police report to HDB and complain and threaten to see MP. HDB spoke to owner, and i guess owner warned his tenants. Recently noise significantly reduced. 

Skylite : Town council and hdb can be effective. Question is : they want or don't want to help u. If u invite wanbao reporter to come, confirm they will take effective action.

My neighbor also did so. Did go tell them but still never change have report to HDB but after a month it back to square . So tired but can't rest at home.

Does your MP visit house to house? Next time when MP visit your block, complain to MP. One word from MP only, HDB immediately take action. WITHOUT DELAY. The very next day u will receive a phone call from HDB or town council, one ot them, depending. 

My neigbours often grumble to me that HDB is useless. I told them they are not useless. It's a question of 'want or don't want', not "can or cannot".

I had someone staying 1 floor below my unit who kept bamboo plants at the balcony. The bamboo grew so tall that it blocked my balcony, dead leaves dropped into my balcony. Mozzie, etc. The worst part was they thought it was our problem when we asked them if they could looked into the matter.

We are so glad that they shifted out!!

Noise can be deceiving in HDB. I was about to sleep one night and there was a persistent knocking noise from the floor above my unit. My friend Went to check and noticed the lights were off. I suspected it was the floor below. When my friend went down the stairs, the neighbour downstairs was about to come to my unit, thinking we were the one with the knocking noise. In the end, saw the culprits-the hammering noise came from 2 floors below us.

After all, tomorrow is another day. ~ S O'Hara

Guest bad neighbor buster

I had someone staying 1 floor below my unit who kept bamboo plants at the balcony. The bamboo grew so tall that it blocked my balcony, dead leaves dropped into my balcony. Mozzie, etc. The worst part was they thought it was our problem when we asked them if they could looked into the matter.

We are so glad that they shifted out!!

Simple. Cut any bamboo that block your balcony. Lastly, find out their usual outing timing, water their plants when boiling hot water when they are out.

Guest Bearbear

Haha... I thought i am the only person whom is suffering from this problem.

I have been staying in this unit for 10 plus years and the disturbance of my on top neighbour is actually nothing new to me nor to my family members, but recently, their behavior became worse. For the past weeks, the occupants not sure who is it, had been stamping or throwing items on the floor during early mornings around 0630 am or at nights after 1030pm. This was constantly done on top of my room. For the past years, whenever they hang out clothes, the occupant have a habit of banging onto the metal bar regardless of what time is it and not drying their clothes well, but we are willing to tolerate the behavior.  Recent behavior have really gone over my tolerance level as the situation has gone from bad to worse. 

At least now i know there are many others who are in the same boat as me.   :( 

Manage to speak to the Constituency Director of my smc, she is willing to help me to forward my email to HDB to follow up with the neighbour on top. I told her to hold on for the time being cos the noise became lower after i yelled at her over the window 2 mornings ago that if she don't stop her nonsense, i will have no choice but to call the police or email Member of Parliament for help. Although now still some small noises, but i can choose to ignore, cos i can't expect total silent during day time. As for night, is rather peaceful since the yelling. I am keeping my fingers crossed....

Manage to speak to the Constituency Director of my smc, she is willing to help me to forward my email to HDB to follow up with the neighbour on top. I told her to hold on for the time being cos the noise became lower after i yelled at her over the window 2 mornings ago that if she don't stop her nonsense, i will have no choice but to call the police or email Member of Parliament for help. Although now still some small noises, but i can choose to ignore, cos i can't expect total silent during day time. As for night, is rather peaceful since the yelling. I am keeping my fingers crossed....

i suggest u don't hold on. Still proceed despite the improvement. Sometimes the improvement is only temporary. After a while, they will heck care and all the noise may come back. 

I report police once. When police questioned them, they deny the noise is from them. Next day, the noise continues. Police will be effective on Singaporean occupants, but may not have effect on certain nationalities. In some countries, they are not afraid of police at all. For my case, they are pinoys, they are not afraid of police. But when their landlord came to know about the police report, they paid attention to the matter and took concrete action, and the situation improved significantly. For my case, it is landlord who solve the problem, not the police.

Same for MP. Will only have effect on singaporean (if he is the landlord). Foreigners can't be bothered with MPs or police. 

Noise can be deceiving in HDB. I was about to sleep one night and there was a persistent knocking noise from the floor above my unit. My friend Went to check and noticed the lights were off. I suspected it was the floor below. When my friend went down the stairs, the neighbour downstairs was about to come to my unit, thinking we were the one with the knocking noise. In the end, saw the culprits-the hammering noise came from 2 floors below us.

2 floors below u, the noise still so clearly? My neighbour upstairs always like to drop things on the floor at night! Actually my block always have different type of noise happening.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I goggled the subject out of curiosity and found many forums (including BW) having issues with inconsiderate neighbours. Some of these forums I've never heard off before. There's even a FB where you are encouraged to like the FB to make the authorities take note.

I too am not spared - the movement or dragging of furniture across the floor can make you cringe. The lesson to take away is: next time choose take the highest floor, that way you won't be at the mercy of the unit above. BTW, do the higher or highest floor cost more?

Since it is such a common issue with residents, HDB should build thicker flooring if not soundproof it.

Make thicker flooring - this will not happen. They will contain costs to minimum, but try to sell at maximum price. 

At one stage, they used one type of floor tiles for toilet which is of very very low quality, most likely with manufacturing flaws. I guess they choose it because it is very cheap. Many people complained the tiles trapped water, and they were forced to redo it without charge.

sorry a little out of topic, but just trying to illustrate to WMP that they wll not soundproof just because some people complained, because sound proofing and thickening comes with additional costs. 

Make thicker flooring - this will not happen.

This, too, is out of topic.  I think there's an HDB regulation to floor weight.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Still out of topic : Question is how come these noises only appear very severely in HDB blocks, but they don't appear that severely in commercial office buildings or 5 star hotel rooms. Different floor weight limit for different types of buildings? I am curious, will such noises also appear in marina bay suites? Anyone live in marina bay suites, can share?

Guest telok blangah crescent

Side track a bit . Im staying at telok blamgah cres and neighbours above my unit throw food waste/hair/cig ash/diaper/plastic bag filled with filthy thrash/etc/spit out of their windows and sometimes land on my laundry. Dirty mop dripping water and wet laundry can be seen all the time as well. Nowadays i dare not hang my laundry outside to dry.

Hdb or town council put up a notice regarding this issue at the lift landing but this problem still persists. I wonder why hdb dun install cctv and catch the culprit... evict them please.

The treat of eviction is a very strong deterrent only when it is owner-occupied BUT … HDB and/or Town Council, depending of your location, has no empathy for you. In fact they try to steer clear of involvement until they are really forced into a corner. The same applied to NEA. (What is the word for it : 'boo chap'?) So make good use of your ballot paper when the time comes.

Side track a bit . Im staying at telok blamgah cres and neighbours above my unit throw food waste/hair/cig ash/diaper/plastic bag filled with filthy thrash/etc/spit out of their windows and sometimes land on my laundry. Dirty mop dripping water and wet laundry can be seen all the time as well. Nowadays i dare not hang my laundry outside to dry.

Hdb or town council put up a notice regarding this issue at the lift landing but this problem still persists. I wonder why hdb dun install cctv and catch the culprit... evict them please.

When i visit other countries, i don't remember seeing residents poking bamboo sticks outside their kitchen to dry laundry. They usually have a small balcony to sun clothes inside their house. Even in HK where their apartments are so small and city so dense, i don't remember seeing bamboo sticks poking out. They won't have this type of problem where upstairs throw rubbish and land on their laundry. This type of "poking bamboo sticks" is only seen here.

Locals who grow up here will usually not do such things because they themselves also hang laundry outside, and they won't want such things to happen to themselves, so they usually won't do such things to others. Besides, we are already being educated that littering is a crime punishable with a fine. Culprits most likely is foreigners, usually from developing countries, though not 100% absolute, but chances are 80%. In their own countries, they don't have such habit of hanging their laundry outside, so they won't understand how it feels like to have curry rice on their clean clothes.

Don't hang laundry outside. Hang it inside. If u afraid of smell if laundry is not being put under sun, u can use fragrance detergent or washing powder. 

I feel this is not "side track". This is still relevant to the topic "inconsiderate neigbhours". Upstairs is also considered neighbours.

The treat of eviction is a very strong deterrent only when it is owner-occupied BUT … HDB and/or Town Council, depending of your location, has no empathy for you. In fact they try to steer clear of involvement until they are really forced into a corner. The same applied to NEA. (What is the word for it : 'boo chap'?) So make good use of your ballot paper when the time comes.

They won't evict even if it is rented to tenants. I complain until threaten to see MP, they also didn't evict or order owner to change tenant. They only use informal mediation. Unless there is illegal activities, eg, collect 4D or used as brothel, or owner sublet without HDB approval, or overcrowding etc.

So if anyone (me included) hoping for eviction got to watch out for such violations where u can catch them and provide grounds for eviction. 

U obviously do not understand the concept of probability. I am saying 80% probability it is due to foreigners. I didn't say it is definite. Sure there are bad locals around. It is a question of probability. People has eyes to see and observe. Facts are facts. There is no way facts can be amended by arguing vehemently.

I concede there are locals who commit criminal offences. Which country does not have crimes commited by its citizens? Not to forget, PRs are also considered locals.

There is no need for me to stir up any disaffection. The disaffection is already in existence. People can feel it. If u don't believe, please visit coffee shop/hawker centres and listen to what people chat during their meals. No need to argue so much. 

Try RC? OK lor, those people here who have problems with their neigbours can try approach RCs and please let us know the outcome. 

There is no need to pick up a quarrel. Sometimes, some members are very unpopular and received severe flaming, it is often due to their tactless and no so polite remarks that offended people and provoked retaliation. 

Here is Guest trying again to accentuate the locals vs foreigners difference.  Ever since our govt built HDB flats that allow holding bamboo poles, there have been countless complaints about upstairs residents littering the laundry of downstairs residents - long long before the foreigners' influx in the last 2 decades.  So get your facts right before you try to stir up inter-communal disaffection.

Are you kidding yourself?  Educated so what?  Fine so what?  How do you explain that even after we have been educated over the decades with the various courtesy campaigns, no littering campaigns, anti-smoking campaigns, recycling campaigns, locals still continue to litter, smoke inconsiderately, not throwing rubbish into recycling bins properly, driving vehicles discourteously with road rage, being rude to seniors etc?  If education and fines are tip-top effective on locals, why are there locals still arrested for drug trafficking, drunk driving, corruption, theft, kidnapping and a host of other offences?  Are you denying by saying that only a paltry minority of locals are guilty of such as compared to the foreigners working here?

As for inconsiderate neighbours, other than getting the HDB, Town Council and the police, you can also try the RC (Residents Committee) for help.

U obviously do not understand the concept of probability. I am saying 80% probability it is due to foreigners. I didn't say it is definite. Sure there are bad locals around. It is a question of probability. People has eyes to see and observe. Facts are facts. There is no way facts can be amended by arguing vehemently.

I concede there are locals who commit criminal offences. Which country does not have crimes commited by its citizens? Not to forget, PRs are also considered locals.

There is no need for me to stir up any disaffection. The disaffection is already in existence. People can feel it. If u don't believe, please visit coffee shop/hawker centres and listen to what people chat during their meals. No need to argue so much. 

Try RC? OK lor, those people here who have problems with their neigbours can try approach RCs and please let us know the outcome. 

There is no need to pick up a quarrel. Sometimes, some members are very unpopular and received severe flaming, it is often due to their tactless and no so polite remarks that offended people and provoked retaliation. 

Well retorted!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Nightingale is the type of 卖国贼 that will stop at nothing to make this island 100% foreign trash.

He might just be ernestly looking towards the day that he replaces our flag with the PRC one.

Does your MP visit house to house? Next time when MP visit your block, complain to MP. One word from MP only, HDB immediately take action. WITHOUT DELAY. The very next day u will receive a phone call from HDB or town council, one ot them, depending. 

My neigbours often grumble to me that HDB is useless. I told them they are not useless. It's a question of 'want or don't want', not "can or cannot".

My MP come here for show only. And I have seen my MP at my door only 3x in the past 15 years, and you can basically tell when I get to see this MP from this type of frequency. And when we give this MP feedback, we were simply patronized and no action were taken after that.  

There is no point arguing with u so much. We risk the whole thread being thrown into flaming room. People are not blind. They got eyes to see and observe around their surroundings

Please visit those few blocks surrounding army market at beach road + those blocks near to Woodlands checkpoint + Rowell Road/Serangoon Road

And then compare with Punggol or Sengkang or Tampenis.

Make your own observation.

Smith street is near chinatown where china workers like to gather

Joo Chiat Complex definitely has foreigners because it is near to paya lebar industrial. Bedok, machperson, bukit merah are near industrial areas.

Punggol sengkang was being used becasue they don't have that many foreigners. Tampenis is definitely not a new town. 

Refrain from arguing till face turn green. People got eyes to observe around their surrounding.

You do not complain to the police about noisy/inconsiderate neighbours. Such matters are NOT under the purview of the Singapore Police Force.

Police officers already have much on their plates tackling crime.

However, if the neighbour threatens you with bodily harm, (ie. criminal intimidation) or assaults you (ie. voluntarily causing hurt/ grievous hurt) then by all means, call the police.

Here: Hope this helps. This lists down the kinds of problems you may encounter and the agencies that deal with them.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/procedures/purview_otheragencies.htm

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

Errrr..... it depends on what time the noise occurs. i did speak to hdb officer. He told me if it is after 11pm, it is under purview of police because HDB is already closed. But during office hours, we should report to hdb, not 999. When police come, they will ask the offending party to stop the noise, but next day. the case will be followed up by HDB. I can confirm this because i have made a police report last year at midnight. 

Tsk..some civil servants just tend to "siam" responsibilities.

If I'm not mistaken,  noise from neighbours, regardless of time, is never under the purview of the police. But the police will still come anyway (Just like cases involving snakes, and whatever found in homes)

Trust me. You should have just waited until the next day...and then tell HDB. Record/ get a video of the incident and get it done...cos the police will NOT investigate the case. But still, there is not much the HDB can do. At most, they will try mediation.

But that's about it.

Now, in my line of work, I work very very closely with the police and unfortunately, 999 is often abused by people who call about non-emergencies (like noisy neighbours, for instance). As such, officers are often deployed to non-emergency cases when they should be doing what they are supposed to do...that is, to keep crimes at bay. Hence, I repeat, 999 is FOR EMERGENCIES.

Imho, the members of a noisy household, while irritating, may not commit a crime per se.

You may of course, disagree with me, and that's fine. But Im just telling you what I know  and what police officers have told me.

Nonsense. It is the job of the police to maintain the peace and quietness in the neighborhood. That is the reason why we had so many NPP springing up all over the place. What else do you think it is for? To show a friendly policemen face to the people? To respond to murders more quickly? I think it is the SPF themselves who were trying to "siam" his own duties by telling you it is not within their jurisdiction to respond to noisy neighbors in the middle of the night. The policemen must be there in the middle of the night to investigate the causes of the commotion. And like the other guest had mentioned, pass this on to HDB to handle if nothing vociferous was found, and act as the third party verifier as well.

I think Nightingale, the resident PRC sympathizer here, is trying to say that our country had turned out to be a much better place to live with these foreigners around: less riots, more space on trains, more gracious society, less littering, quieter, more peaceful.

That is why our policemen simply cannot believe him that there is someone making noise at his estate 3 am in the morning, so they chose to ignore the call from the friendly neighborhood 卖国贼。

Whenever Nightingale posts, he is sure to create annoyance with his provocative remarks that evokes a response.

Not all foreigners are guilty. There are also many law abiding foreigners. Not all Singaporeans are saints. There are also un civic singaporeans here. I am saying in terms of probability, the likelihood of a culprit being a foreigner is higher than the likelihood of the culprit being a local.

Obviously Nightingale has no knowledge of laws of probability at all. That is why he is so defensive over the foreigners and point the whole thing to singaporeans.

When i compare beach road, rowell road and tampines, i deliberately take the area with the highest concentration and compare it with the area with low concentration so that the difference can be seen. U mention AMK, TPY, these comparisons has no statistical significance because they are at neither extreme end. Hello, u got study statistics or not? Vomit blood.

There are so many registered members, but only a few are targeted and stalked and flamed. Surely there is a reason for the selection. I believe guests don't go around randomly selecting their targets. Those so called victims certainly has some unique characteristics that provokes flaming. Confirm this is not random selection. 

If I'm not mistaken,  noise from neighbours, regardless of time, is never under the purview of the police. But the police will still come anyway (Just like cases involving snakes, and whatever found in homes)

Trust me. You should have just waited until the next day...and then tell HDB. Record/ get a video of the incident and get it done...cos the police will NOT investigate the case. But still, there is not much the HDB can do. At most, they will try mediation.

But that's about it.

Now, in my line of work, I work very very closely with the police and unfortunately, 999 is often abused by people who call about non-emergencies (like noisy neighbours, for instance). As such, officers are often deployed to non-emergency cases when they should be doing what they are supposed to do...that is, to keep crimes at bay. Hence, I repeat, 999 is FOR EMERGENCIES.

Imho, the members of a noisy household, while irritating, may not commit a crime per se.

You may of course, disagree with me, and that's fine. But Im just telling you what I know  and what police officers have told me.

U are right. This should not be under the purview of police. The police should be reserved for other more critical matters. They are definitely short handed. Police will try their best to solve on that night, but they will not follow up. 

It is also not the fault of the HDB officer, because he is right too, they knock off at 5.30pm. So if we call at 11pm, their office is closed. That is why it becomes police responsibility, which should not be the case..

HDB does have a department where u can call after office hours to look into such matters. I called before. Guess what? They came, and then they observe their unit and left. When i follow up, they said their responsibility is to check if there is any reno works done after office hours. Anything noise that is not due to reno, it is outside their job responsibility. They are also not wrong, because this responsibilty boundary demarcation for their department must have been drawn up by HDB board.

Whose fault? Mr Mah's.

Recently i think they are looking into this issue. HDB going to form a department to look into all these matters and enact a law to compel the offending party to mediation session.

U say wait till next day. That means whole night we can't sleep. I know it is unreasonable to call mata. But Is this reasonable to us?

And i not sure how to gather evidence. The banging and thumping is within the unit. We got no right to enter their unit with a video cam. And how to record the noise?

If we are suay to have uncivilised neighbour, they will make our live miserable. Those who are not suay enough to have such neighbour will never understand.

But that's about it.

U are right. This should not be under the purview of police. The police should be reserved for other more critical matters. They are definitely short handed. Police will try their best to solve on that night, but they will not follow up. 

It is also not the fault of the HDB officer, because he is right too, they knock off at 5.30pm. So if we call at 11pm, their office is closed. That is why it becomes police responsibility, which should not be the case..

HDB does have a department where u can call after office hours to look into such matters. I called before. Guess what? They came, and then they observe their unit and left. When i follow up, they said their responsibility is to check if there is any reno works done after office hours. Anything noise that is not due to reno, it is outside their job responsibility. They are also not wrong, because this responsibilty boundary demarcation for their department must have been drawn up by HDB board.

Whose fault? Mr Mah's.

Recently i think they are looking into this issue. HDB going to form a department to look into all these matters and enact a law to compel the offending party to mediation session.

U say wait till next day. That means whole night we can't sleep. I know it is unreasonable to call mata. But Is this reasonable to us?

And i not sure how to gather evidence. The banging and thumping is within the unit. We got no right to enter their unit with a video cam. And how to record the noise?

If we are suay to have uncivilised neighbour, they will make our live miserable. Those who are not suay enough to have such neighbour will never understand.

Selecting the 2 extreme areas tampines and beach road is not sampling. It is deliberately selected to isolate and analyse the effects of having too many foreigners vs having much fewer foreigners. Aiyo, do we have any statistics lecturer from poly or NUS, can please volunteer and give him a lesson on statistics? He doesn't seem to have the ability to grasp statistics concept. Vomit blood

Everyone can just observe around your neighbourhood and see if my 80% probability is valid. Those people who are having inconsiderate neighbours, please find out about the offending neighbour and see if they are local or foreigner and judge for yourself. Please take note, i didn't say all foreigners are uncivilised.

Want to analyse foreigners behaviour : look at areas with very high foreigner concentration

Want to analyse locals behaviour : look at areaa with very high concentration of locals

This is so isolate so that whatever observations can surface.

U choose AMK, TPY where there is a mixture of locals and foreigners, the observation and conclusions are not cogent and convincing. It is difficult to isolate and attribute.

So simple concept, u cannot decipher? This kind of logic does not even requires statistics knowledge. Can someone please help him?

Want to look at computer products, go sim lim

Want to look at indian made products, go little india

Want to look at prostitutes, go geylang

Want to look at curtains, go joo chiat complex/tanjong pagar

Does this helps in your understanding? Aiyo, if i need to explain to u in this manner, it's not that i am mean, but it is really a total insult to your intelligence.

Guys, it has been (from the last few posts) an interesting information.  But let us stick to the topic to discuss on the plight of having inconsiderate neighbours whether the neighbour is a local owned or tenanted to locals and/or foreigners.  Fact remains, to live next/above/below an inconsiderate neighbour can be a nightmare.

This thread is created for one to vent out with the hope that there is a solution.  Let's focus on the ugly behaviours deemed 'inconsiderate' created by our so-called 'neighbours' with an end result that a solution is possible.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

• G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic