Male HQ

Dog Lovers Discussion

Guest stbrianud

Guest stbrianud

Sup! Any one else loves dogs? I LOVE THEM!

I'm planning to get:

-Bernese Mountain Dog

-Border Collie

-Schipperke

-German Shepherd

-Australian Shepherd

-Welsh Corgi

-Siberian Husky

-Alaskan Malamute

If it ain't clear, I LOVE WOLF DOGS haha! :D What about you guys?

Guest stbrianud

i loves shiba inu!!! japanese dog.. i think they are real adorable..

but sadly it's a medium size dog and unless i get a big house, i think owning them is only doing injustice to them

YEA! I wanted an Akita Inu but apparently they're BANNED in singapore:( SOBB hahaha

Shiba Inu is pretty small heh.. i think you can keep them in a HDB.. really easy to take care!

Love a dog base on who he is,not what breed is that dag. Cuteness ends when he destroy your house, per n shit all over, when he gets naughty. Don't forget when a dog gets old, it takes a lot of your time, effort, money n emotional stress. Don't get a dog base on cuteness, it's a decade or two decades of non stop commitment. That said, a dog brings lots of joy n laughter. We put our beloved dog of 22 years to sleep almost two years ago n we still miss her terribly.

Guest stbrianud

Love a dog base on who he is,not what breed is that dag. Cuteness ends when he destroy your house, per n shit all over, when he gets naughty. Don't forget when a dog gets old, it takes a lot of your time, effort, money n emotional stress. Don't get a dog base on cuteness, it's a decade or two decades of non stop commitment. That said, a dog brings lots of joy n laughter. We put our beloved dog of 22 years to sleep almost two years ago n we still miss her terribly.

I assume those hear who wants and decides on getting a dog are aware of this. I've been aware of this for years... Dogs will be part of my life forever.. Not just someone to have fun with and that's is... I know what it's like...

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/556663_10151043498774402_38756632_n.jpg

556663_10151043498774402_38756632_n.jpg

Mine haha. Yea, try to keep a dog more suited for u, as in temperament, behaviour etc. Not just cause it looks cute. I know of owners, who suddenly, "turn their backs on their dogs in times of need". Complain about expenses, medical bills, refuses to spend money to get them treated, make themself sound so poor and money-less. End up they themselves donning in branded wears, carrying coach bags etc.

Carnivore Carnivore, What do you eat? I have sharp teeth, I only eat meat! Herbivore Herbivore, what do U munch? I like leaves and plants for Lunch! Omnivore Omnivore, How about you? All kinds of meats and plants will do! ;)

Add on to this, never get a puppy just because it is cute. And never never treat a dog as though it is a toy where once you are bored with it, the tender loving care ends too. Best is always to adopt or rescue one.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Guest faynic

Most important is fate with your dogs. Before buying my dogs, I have so many choices. When I bought my Pom, all the dogs were living in their own world, but he kept playing wif us. When I bought my schz, he is the only 1 looking at us when we are browsing at all the breeds. Indeed, they really hav so much rapport with me.

Now the only thing I am afraid is their deaths. We only give them 1/4 of our lives, but they gave us all their life....

Seems like not none so far talks about their local breed aka Pariah? keke

My dog ....got from the shelter type...eats anything...mostly bones n scraps after our meal...loves it though.

I always get embarrashed when taking it to the vet...everyone's so damn trained n kwaii...mine will sniff here n there...vomits after car ride etc...n pees at the counter too :oops: :oops:

But the staff there...oh never mind...its ok....kekeke so polite :clap: :clap:

Any pariah lovers?

Guest stbrianud

Seems like not none so far talks about their local breed aka Pariah? keke

My dog ....got from the shelter type...eats anything...mostly bones n scraps after our meal...loves it though.

I always get embarrashed when taking it to the vet...everyone's so damn trained n kwaii...mine will sniff here n there...vomits after car ride etc...n pees at the counter too :oops: :oops:

But the staff there...oh never mind...its ok....kekeke so polite :clap: :clap:

Any pariah lovers?

Haha! They are lovely dogs! haha... Seems like yours is a little playful but I mean you can train him if you want... but if him acting like that is just him being himself.. it's adorable haha messy but if you don't mind it's cool:D haha

Marineboy, don't paiseh. My late ah girl was a cross breed but very cute. She used to vomit during car rides as she was too active. She still liao sai when the groomer picks her up for her styling even after 20 years. My girl was very naughty if she was with me but an angel when my partner is around. She fights with me for over 20 years when I wanna shower her. But she seriously have a kind heart and will be my good girl forever. During her last 9 months of her life she could not walk or even stand it broke our hearts as she use to be so hyper most of her live.

Edited by gstc82

If it ain't clear, I LOVE WOLF DOGS haha! :D What about you guys?

Try watching the full episode of Dog Whisperer Season 7 Episode 4 about Wolf dogs:

Towards the end of the show, listen to what wolf expert, Jennifer McCarthy has to say. "It leaves these animals that highly confused. They don't know if they should be acting on their wild instinct or domestic instinct .... don't mix these two animals"

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

My dog passed on recently. Part of us died with her. We can never go through another similar episode so no more dogs for us.

It is not the time, money and effort to take care of her. All these are worthwhile. It is the apprehension, fear and pain we go through each time she has a medical condition that is tormenting. You see her suffering but there is nothing you can do. That helplessness is beyond words.

My dog passed on recently. Part of us died with her. We can never go through another similar episode so no more dogs for us.

It is not the time, money and effort to take care of her. All these are worthwhile. It is the apprehension, fear and pain we go through each time she has a medical condition that is tormenting. You see her suffering but there is nothing you can do. That helplessness is beyond words.

My family have had 2 dogs (both shelter dogs) that have since left for doggie heaven. One of them developed a tumour in old age. Surgery was risky at that age and we had no choice but to put her down eventually because of the immense pain and immobility that she had to deal with. It was painful to let her go and I can truly relate to the helplessness that you felt. My parents feel the same way as you do and have thus far refused to take in another dog.

However, as painful as the end of the journey was, I truly hope to take in another dog when I have the capability. You see, illnesses, pain and death are part and parcel of what defines our lives. When we take a pet into our care and make them part of our lives, we should cherish every part of the journey, even the pain and suffering. I believe it's only normal that we shower our pets with love and care, especially so in their old age, much as they have cheered us up when we're feeling low. The eventuality of death is something unavoidable. But what's more important is that we've taken good care of our pets and have created fond memories for one another.

May I also take this opportunity to encourage potential dog owners here to adopt from your local shelter. Local cross-breeds might not be the most desirable according to society's strange obsession with labels, but they still make great pets. SPCA, Gentle Paws, Action for Dogs Singapore and Three Legs Good are some of the orgs you can adopt from! Cheers!

Guest stbrianud

Try watching the full episode of Dog Whisperer Season 7 Episode 4 about Wolf dogs:

[media=]

Towards the end of the show, listen to what wolf expert, Jennifer McCarthy has to say. "It leaves these animals that highly confused. They don't know if they should be acting on their wild instinct or domestic instinct .... don't mix these two animals"

yea i have watched this... I've done my research on these dogs I want.. a lot actually... There's a lot of preparation required... It's hard

Guest stbrianud

My family have had 2 dogs (both shelter dogs) that have since left for doggie heaven. One of them developed a tumour in old age. Surgery was risky at that age and we had no choice but to put her down eventually because of the immense pain and immobility that she had to deal with. It was painful to let her go and I can truly relate to the helplessness that you felt. My parents feel the same way as you do and have thus far refused to take in another dog.

However, as painful as the end of the journey was, I truly hope to take in another dog when I have the capability. You see, illnesses, pain and death are part and parcel of what defines our lives. When we take a pet into our care and make them part of our lives, we should cherish every part of the journey, even the pain and suffering. I believe it's only normal that we shower our pets with love and care, especially so in their old age, much as they have cheered us up when we're feeling low. The eventuality of death is something unavoidable. But what's more important is that we've taken good care of our pets and have created fond memories for one another.

May I also take this opportunity to encourage potential dog owners here to adopt from your local shelter. Local cross-breeds might not be the most desirable according to society's strange obsession with labels, but they still make great pets. SPCA, Gentle Paws, Action for Dogs Singapore and Three Legs Good are some of the orgs you can adopt from! Cheers!

That's quite a tale man.. and you're right.. You're a really good person man... I love guys like you... care for animals.. through everything..

And i do agree with the adoption part too. Singapore has many strays and those in need of adoptions or else they wil have to be put down.. I'm constantly hearing it from friends i have on facebook... I really would love to adopt them. but i can't because my mother is terrified of them.. sigh. i really do wish to help them

I share the same thoughts as u. My baby suddenly became very ill in mid march 2010, she suddenly cannot stand n walk. She refuse to eat at all. We tried all we could n when she did not even look at KFC we became so depressed. We had to purée food n force it down her throat. Visits to the vet back a weekly affair and sometimes twice a day. The vet gave her so many medications n various injections we felt so bad for baby, we consulted the vet if we shd let her go n decide to give her a chance. As we have to rotate our work as we need to be with her at all hours, there were days when we had to leave her alone for few hours n my heart break every time under her covered in shit, urine n blood, once I went downstairs to buy food n when I return, I saw birds attacking her n she just lay there totally defenseless. I cried so hard. By mid July, she became better n could stand n walk Abit. When she finally ate food by herself, we were overjoyed! By mid oct, she could not stand again. Again we gave her another chance but this time, she suffered terrible sores n she was clearly mostly in a daze as she was pumped with so much medication. Baby was abt 10kg in 2009, she weight 4.6kg when she died. We finally let her rest on 27 nov 2010. We held her and I sang to her n the last thing she saw was us. We can't forget that she looked at us n did not struggle when the vet gave her the last needle thru her veins to let her sleep. She was gone in a minute. I did not cry but finally did when I reached home. The next day, after work, I sat at the pavement next to raffles place mrt n cried. The next 6 months, I cried every day. The emotions was so great. My partner n I even thought we will leave each other now our baby was gone, luckily that did not happen. I had her since I was 14. Baby lived with us for abt 12 years. She died at a ripe very old age of abt 21/22 years.

I share the same thoughts as u. .........................

Hi you responded to my posting. :)

Until now I have not cried to my heart's content over my beloved dog's demise. This is because when she passed on, my family members and friends were so heartbroken and crying so much.......As Buddhists, we believe that we have to help her chant and get her out of reincarnation. My dog is closest to me, if I cried like the rest, there will be no one to chant for her and help her in this last journey. Whenever she was sick - I would tell her "Don't worry, you are with me". So at this most important juncture when she depended on me most, I cannot lose my head and cry over my loss. What about her destiny? I must be her last fortress.

Until now I am still chanting daily for her, I hope I have been able to help her. If you look from the other side, she was the one who helped me. Her death made me pray more, chant more, do more good deeds. So she helped me become a better Buddhist.

I am still feeling helpless because I am unable to know for sure that my efforts indeed helped her. But I tell myself since I believe in reincarnation, I must believe in the corresponding teachings to help the deceased. There is no 2 ways about this. So I stay with $!^*| faith in the Buddist scriptures and press on for 49days. This is the last thing I can do for my dearest friend.

Hi you responded to my posting. :)

our dogs were our best friend. they comfort us when we were down, cheer us up, make us laugh, of cos make us angry. we loved them so much as they have so emotional. my dog knows when i am angry or sad. she knows how i feel, example if i had a fight with my bf, she will just lay her head on my lap tp comfort me (she usually dont do this as she was hyper active), when she does something wrong like eating my food, she will try to 'hide' from me. she gets so excited when we come home and barks wildly when we go out( she knows if we go to work n cont to sleep or play) on weekends.we were lucky as our baby was not deaf or blind when she died, she did not suffer from cancer or any other illness, she died of very very old age. after she died, i actually was very worried for her, i dont know if its subconcious or not but she appeared in my dreams twice, not doing anything wild, she was just laying on the floor licking her paws. i was relieved as it shows she was fine. your dog will be fine as well. so seriously please think 10 times before you get a dog as its a long term commitment, dont get a dog becos its so cute, they can be 4 hands full. if one cant commit, do not ever get a dog and than discard them like damaged products.

Guest faynic

our dogs were our best friend. they comfort us when we were down, cheer us up, make us laugh, of cos make us angry. we loved them so much as they have so emotional. my dog knows when i am angry or sad. she knows how i feel, example if i had a fight with my bf, she will just lay her head on my lap tp comfort me (she usually dont do this as she was hyper active), when she does something wrong like eating my food, she will try to 'hide' from me. she gets so excited when we come home and barks wildly when we go out( she knows if we go to work n cont to sleep or play) on weekends.

I totally agree wif u.... whenever i feel lonely, my 2 boys will always be there disturbing me. sometimes see them, don't know want to laugh, touched or cry. always felt bad when they need to be alone in the balcony till i came back at night after work.

Marineboy, don't paiseh. My late ah girl was a cross breed but very cute. She used to vomit during car rides as she was too active. She still liao sai when the groomer picks her up for her styling even after 20 years. My girl was very naughty if she was with me but an angel when my partner is around. She fights with me for over 20 years when I wanna shower her. But she seriously have a kind heart and will be my good girl forever. During her last 9 months of her life she could not walk or even stand it broke our hearts as she use to be so hyper most of her live.

GSTc82

Wow your dog lived so long? 20years...convert to human years...one of the longest life i would say.:D

I am sure you guys heard of Caesar Milan....the Dog Whisperer....that bloke knows dog psychology....watched his videos...every effective.

Very impressed when i chanced upon his programmes many years back.

More effective than most obedient schools...you need to understand dog behavior...exercise i..to remove pent up energy. Discipline and be the pack. I highly recommend you chk him out. Try youTube

BTW the embarasing dog was before i knew about Caesar...nowadays...dog within 2metres...walk the dog...not let the dog walk you kekekeke

Marineboy, she was indeed very lucky to enjoy excellent health till last 9 months of her life. I brought her to The Animal Clinic when she was a 2 week old pup, the clinic use to be at essex ave which was demolished n new hdb were build now. The clinic is now at sunset way. Our baby was a cross breed, I don't know who her parents were as I adopted her when she was 2weeks old from a hair saloon at bedok! She still can see n hear when she passed.

Edited by gstc82

we tried to adopt but always ended up empty handed... usually the large dogs are left and HDB cannot have them... sad...

I see so many of my neighbours having large dogs like golden retrievers in their HDB flat.

I myself also adopted a local mongrel 7 years ago from Actions for SIngapore Dogs.

As long as they don't bark excessively and become a nuisance to neighbours I guess it is ok bah...

My dog is so much a part of my family now that if we really ganna complain, no choice have to shift to a condo liao :P

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.