Male HQ

Dog Lovers Discussion

Guest stbrianud

Guest stbrianud

I can't keep a dog. I don't have the time for it. But if I have the time, I will get a Welsh Corgi or Dachshund

Corgi's are cute!! haha... Love them too! >.< Well maybe when you get a boyfriend the 2 of you can take turns :D

thanks. she's an old dog... 12 years old this year. but still behave like a puppy. superbly energetic! not too sure about most people, but she taught me quite a bit of things about life - how to be patient, how to give unconditional love, how to be loyal... in a large way, she tamed me... lol!

:-)

how i wish i can have a dog but mum don't allow. :(

ZOMG. So cute! And I thought I was the only one who watches these kinda things hahaha *sigh of relief*

http://explore.org/#...rvice-puppy-cam

cuteness overload!!! live streaming la!!!

http://www.youtube.c...e?v=zS8QI-j8yb8

ahh, damn cute. :wub:

http://www.flickr.co...N05/7772982658/

My 2 dogs, always hope I can stay at home to company them every secs....

http://a2.sphotos.ak..._38756632_n.jpg

Mine haha. Yea, try to keep a dog more suited for u, as in temperament, behaviour etc. Not just cause it looks cute. I know of owners, who suddenly, "turn their backs on their dogs in times of need". Complain about expenses, medical bills, refuses to spend money to get them treated, make themself sound so poor and money-less. End up they themselves donning in branded wears, carrying coach bags etc.

nice dog there! i wan too..

Sup! Any one else loves dogs? I LOVE THEM!

I'm planning to get:

-Bernese Mountain Dog

-Border Collie

-Schipperke

-German Shepherd

-Australian Shepherd

-Welsh Corgi

-Siberian Husky

-Alaskan Malamute

If it ain't clear, I LOVE WOLF DOGS haha! :D What about you guys?

that's alot of dogs.. o.o

Go to the Expo this Sunday, Discover Dogs by SKC.DiscoverDogsSG

www.discoverdogs.com.sg

that's today? so gonna go down to take a look.

my daughter

:-)

she's cute, can i kidnap her? haha. :whistle:

My father initially dont allow too, but then after I told him I wld shoulder the expenses, he's ok with it haha. Its helps also that ur parents must love dogs too. If not u can keep smaller animals first, less messy like rabbits or chinchillas. And cause I got my dog for free, so my father didnt mind haha.. My nxt dog, I wanna get Japanese Spitz!!

Carnivore Carnivore, What do you eat? I have sharp teeth, I only eat meat! Herbivore Herbivore, what do U munch? I like leaves and plants for Lunch! Omnivore Omnivore, How about you? All kinds of meats and plants will do! ;)

My father initially dont allow too, but then after I told him I wld shoulder the expenses, he's ok with it haha. Its helps also that ur parents must love dogs too. If not u can keep smaller animals first, less messy like rabbits or chinchillas. And cause I got my dog for free, so my father didnt mind haha.. My nxt dog, I wanna get Japanese Spitz!!

sweet.

i had tortoise last time and my mum already complaining, haha.

the reason of not having a dog was because of the fur it drop.

I found my fur boy a year ago. He's a shitzu and white. As usual I was out for my morning jog at 7am and heard light barking in the bushes by the park. On closer inspection I saw a little dog left in the thick over grown bushes. I went in and got him - he was little n shivering from the downpour the nite before. I took him home and wrapped Him up. I realized his back left leg was limp and dangling :(. Long story short I got him to the vet and it's confirmed his leg has 3 fractures and whoever did it threw him away and left

Him to die. He's gone thru 2 surgery to fix his leg and now hes a happy boy with a little limping. I am soooo.. Happy to have found him and now he is my joy in life. He is legally mine as there was no micro chip found on him. Happy ending for my boy who have been

Abused and abandoned. Whoever did that to him will have their day for abusing a 5mth old puppy. I believe in Karma. :)

I found my fur boy a year ago. He's a shitzu and white. As usual I was out for my morning jog at 7am and heard light barking in the bushes by the park. On closer inspection I saw a little dog left in the thick over grown bushes. I went in and got him - he was little n shivering from the downpour the nite before. I took him home and wrapped Him up. I realized his back left leg was limp and dangling :(. Long story short I got him to the vet and it's confirmed his leg has 3 fractures and whoever did it threw him away and left

Him to die. He's gone thru 2 surgery to fix his leg and now hes a happy boy with a little limping. I am soooo.. Happy to have found him and now he is my joy in life. He is legally mine as there was no micro chip found on him. Happy ending for my boy who have been

Abused and abandoned. Whoever did that to him will have their day for abusing a 5mth old puppy. I believe in Karma. :)

Good guy, and you will be blessed =p

I simply detest people who dump their pets like trash! We humans are the ones who are superior but yet can do such deplorable inhumane actions! I really wonder why do some people get pets if they are not sure if the commitment! Very lucky that boy boy found a kind man to take care of him if not that boy sure die!

Guest faynic

Spending wise, it's still up to individuals. For me, we cooked their dinner so it's in our groceries expenses. Grooming wise it's $55/dog/visit, then there will be treats, etc stuffs which are difficult to count.

Indeed vet is the most expensive thing, so it's better to let them be as healthy as possible. I sent one for consultation, blood test & medication and it cost $300 over. I believe that's why owners are so cruel to abandon their dogs when they are sick.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by faynic

Mr Jay is one Kool dude esp with the hoodie:) we use to buy clothes for my pet and she hates it! She rather be naked. She had shoes in the shape of turtles and I chicken costume and 1 cheong sum. And angel wings which I made her wear during Xmas. It's more for our amusement .

For anyone here who's looking to add a bundle of joy to your life:

"As we commemorate another Homeless Animal Day, let us try to empathise with the conuntless strays trying to survive out there, who face hunger, persecution, disease, death and suffering every single day. If you are moved to help, open your heart and home to one of these beautiful dogs who only have love to give. Start with one dog, start with yourself, and make a world of difference to that one dog.

Date : 25, 26 Aug (Sat & Sun)

Time : 11am to 5.00pm

Venue : PLC @ Royalville, 833 Bukit Timah Rd, #01-01 Spore 279887

Tel : 64690389

PLC will kindly sponsor pet starter kits, and free store membership for every dog adopted, do come by today and meet your furry friend for life !"

Those are some really adorable pictures there (in both pages)

I've always wanted to own a dog all my life, growing up watching others have them. I guess my parents weren't the type to keep dogs..

I definitely do look forward to having a dog in future when i live independantly! Looking towards a Golden Retriever or a Husky! Or both? Haha!

Guest stbrianud

I think all the dog lovers of bw should be organising an outing at some public park one weekend The rest of us without pets or have transport problem for our dogs can go there to admire.

Haha yeaaaa!!! Totally!! AAGRRREEE TTTMMMM

Thank you all for your kind words. Am actually the fortunate one to have found my fur boy :)

I lost my fur girl 2 years ago after 14yrs of luv from her and the Fond memories. I was totally reluctant in getting

another dog for fear of the pain that entails the in their end time again. But guess life is fate that my fur boy path should

cross with mine. Am so happy with him and he have taught me loads that there's nothing you can do if you put your mind to it.

Much as he limps slightly you can see the joy when he runs and he makes so much effort to enjoy his swim by gre beach.

Once again Thanks to All... My fur boy and I will stay happy for a long time. :)

• 1 month later...

I had a pet dog who accompanied me for many years, given me countless wonderful times and memories.. She died in my arms, turned from a seemingly lifeless soft toy with danglling limbs to a harddened cold body. That was the most heart breaking moment in my life that i will never forget...

She has given me her everything in her life and I had provided her with my best too. No regrets, albeit the painful moment of letting her off my arms into the furnace.

Wonder where is she now... hope she is well. I have always prayed for her too when I beckon to god.

Bless those dog lovers who give their pets a happy life.

Edited by Netizen

will you keep another? I can't go through another similar ordeal.......

I had a pet dog who accompanied me for many years, given me countless wonderful times and memories.. She died in my arms, turned from a seemingly lifeless soft toy with danglling limbs to a harddened cold body. That was the most heart breaking moment in my life that i will never forget...

She has given me her everything in her life and I had provided her with my best too. No regrets, albeit the painful moment of letting her off my arms into the furnace.

Wonder where is she now... hope she is well. I have always prayed for her too when I beckon to god.

Bless those dog lovers who give their pets a happy life.

Fully agree!

Owner has to shoulder ALL responsibilities of taking care of the dog until he/she passes on. It is not easy. I had times when my dog was ill and needed to be sent to a vet, I applied for leave and my boss said "This is your job and that is just a pet and a dog!". I went ahead with the leave. Sometimes the dog may be sick and have diahoerra, can you take it when he/she soiled anytime, anywhere? Think carefully before you buy one.

Again, I would like to remind any potential dog owners. Yes, the puppies in the videos are cute and cuddly, but getting them is a life-time (the dog's life time) commitment. Which means, feeding, caring, cleaning, grooming, exercising, etc your furkid. So don't get them on impulse. ;)

Again, I would like to remind any potential dog owners. Yes, the puppies in the videos are cute and cuddly, but getting them is a life-time (the dog's life time) commitment. Which means, feeding, caring, cleaning, grooming, exercising, etc your furkid. So don't get them on impulse. ;)

yup!!! for those who never had a dog and wants to keep one, please think again on the commitment. a pet is not a toy...

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.