Male HQ

Dog Lovers Discussion

Guest stbrianud

• 1 month later...
Guest 蒲松龄

Shiba Inu is awesome! Would probably get that too but i doubt its allowed in singapore huh. That dog slaughtering is so freaky!

I though you were saying " awesome! dog slaughtering". LOL

A friend of mine has 2 toy poodles. Both girls and he named them Mitzi and Precious. I hate to say this but I kinda rolled my eyes every time at the 2 yappy things. I am still debating about getting a dog of my own as I basically have been taking care of my neighbour's pitbull a few days a week when I work at home. Love pitbulls.

Love. 

Enjoy the link - a female Golden Labrador trying to engage a little Down's syndrome boy, who likely never has seen a dog up close before.

http://www.youtube.c...8VJh0UJtg?rel=0

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PSY_朴載相

If your dog is missing. Be prepare. Eating dog-meat is common in Singapore now.

The Bukit-Batok worker quarter (my friend's friend) and Geylang stores cook dog meat. Mixed together with food nobody knows.

8477397115120724f9513b.jpg

• 2 months later...

My family have had 2 dogs (both shelter dogs) that have since left for doggie heaven. One of them developed a tumour in old age. Surgery was risky at that age and we had no choice but to put her down eventually because of the immense pain and immobility that she had to deal with. It was painful to let her go and I can truly relate to the helplessness that you felt. My parents feel the same way as you do and have thus far refused to take in another dog.

However, as painful as the end of the journey was, I truly hope to take in another dog when I have the capability. You see, illnesses, pain and death are part and parcel of what defines our lives. When we take a pet into our care and make them part of our lives, we should cherish every part of the journey, even the pain and suffering. I believe it's only normal that we shower our pets with love and care, especially so in their old age, much as they have cheered us up when we're feeling low. The eventuality of death is something unavoidable. But what's more important is that we've taken good care of our pets and have created fond memories for one another.

May I also take this opportunity to encourage potential dog owners here to adopt from your local shelter. Local cross-breeds might not be the most desirable according to society's strange obsession with labels, but they still make great pets. SPCA, Gentle Paws, Action for Dogs Singapore and Three Legs Good are some of the orgs you can adopt from! Cheers!

Many years ago, my family took in two stray local crossbreed dogs.

They were so faithful and loving.

One was older than the other and passed on from old age not long after.

Many years later the other one passed on too. We had to put it down

as it had gone blind and was walking into walls and falling into drains.

It refused to be chained or caged. It was a pain for me to see it suffer.

Sadly we had to let it go. The night before I sent it to the vets, I sat down

with the dog, held him in my arms and wept. He weakly wagged his tail

and licked my hand as if to say he understood what I had to do.

The next morning after I sent him to the vets, I walked away as I could

not bear to see him go. It rained as I walked out and I just walked thru the

rain in a daze to my car.

Now that I am living in a smaller place, I felt it not fair to take in any dogs

bcos there will be hardly any place for them to run around.

However I still do always take the time to talk to and pat dogs owned

by other people because I still like dogs.

If the dog owner is an ok looking guy, its a bonus. ;):P

Keeping a pet be it dog or any other animal... is a lifetime commitment.

They may be cute when they are young as they grow old... like humans they also need a lot of care.

Consider before you take on the responsibility of another life.

Animal can't communicate their needs to you.

Can you read what they want?

When you look at them, do you know what they are thinking?

Puppies Having Trouble with Stairs

Stairs pose a challenge to pups. Unlike kittens, they're not so good at jumping and are sometimes scared of heights, they don't understand why we need stairs when a slope would do just as well! So when it comes to going up and down those stairs, every pup learns in its own adorable way.

hahaja. When my baby was a little naughty puppy, she could not cliam stairs. She use to tumble down and I laugh and laugh. She however kept on trying. When she finally conquered the stairs, she flew up and down like the wind. One incident will forever touch our hearts. When she was abt 9months old, she can back from surgery after the vet tied her tubes, she was still in pain. That evening when my mom came back from work, she crawled to the door with all her might eventhough she was in pain. We were so touched! My baby died 2. 1/2 years ago it me n my partner still miss her very much. I dog, be it a mix or pedigree are all equal. Love them for who they are and not what bred they are.

Puppies Having Trouble with Stairs
Stairs pose a challenge to pups. Unlike kittens, they're not so good at jumping and are sometimes scared of heights, they don't understand why we need stairs when a slope would do just as well!  So when it comes to going up and down those stairs, every pup learns in its own adorable way. 

I just realised that my dog last time was very smart. He had no problems at all with stairs. Sigh what a smart and cute dog I had.

We bought a west highland white terrier last week and this westie keeps barking all the time. It's a nuisance to us. How to make him cut his excessive barking ?

We plan to go for obedient training also, any recommendation?

Guest SAD
PLEASE SHARE FOR AWARENESS !! Another cruel picture from Yulin of Guangxi Dog Meat Festival in China a massacre event taking place every year on june 21 !! THIS IS THE CRUEL FACE OF SADISTIC CHINA !!!
550638_176338622496572_1172833755_n.jpg

time of the year , food you feed her or just a short fur dog that sheds a lot

My puppy is shedding. What is happening? Might need to send her away if this persists. :(

Fattie bom bom walk down the street

A truly moving clip. I pity the poor owner Mr Yeko. Shame on the Human race who leave it to a dog to protect, care for and love a disabled person. This dog is so old and disabled, it deserves a place in doggie Heaven, where now the Angels will take care of her and reward her. I hope Mr Yeko is now better and has an equally good dog to take care of him.

Thank you for that moving clip. My partner n I put our best friend to sleep on nov 27 2010. She could not walk and was very weak. Cherish your pet.

I feel for you and your partner Bro. It is never an easy task to put a pet out of its misery even when it is unable to fend for itself. But please be at peace because what you have done was a good thing. You have ended its suffering. It is no more in pain. You have done good for your best friend.

Cherish your pet dog. It is the best friend you'll ever have.

God Bless all Dog Lovers.

Haha..... Reminds me of a friend in Indonesia who trained his pet Orangutan (Ape) to bring him his beer whenever he got home from work. However, unfortunately, this did not last more than 6 months because the pet learnt to like the beer so much, whenever my friend was late home from work, the orangutan would help himself to the beer, get drunk and throw up and defecate all over the house. My friend had to get rid of it by sending it back to the animal shelter he got it from.

i had jrt before. spent 6 months to toilet trained him. and finally, he was trained.

he even visited my relatives' toilet to pee and shit.

he nv pee outside of the toilet since he's 8month old. and weird enough, he still can pee and shit when i bring him go for walk.

people says dog either do it fully at home or fully outside. but my dog is flexible! haha..

i taught him alot of tricks. he stopped eating on my command and wait for my command then he will eat.

i like the way he shake his short tail(being chopped when borned :( ) when he scent egg yolk while preparing his food...

i love the way he cuddle under my blanket in the middle of the night, squeezing in btw my arms..

once i had nightmare, he was the one besides me. i woke up and saw him barking at the door. kind of scary.. ~.~

when i was overseas, my mum said he would slp in living room every night and wait for me even though his bed is in my room.

until now, i still miss him.

he's my jogging partner, ran 10km with him before.

he's my buddy, talked to him when i feel sad.

he's my motivation to go home early everyday, love the way he jumps on me everytime he sees me.

he's my proud son! intelligent, obedient, nv bark unnecessarily.

i just love to carry him in my arms.

one is enough. i dun wish to have a second one even if i love dogs.

ultimate sadness.... :(

patience is all we need in r/s...

• 4 weeks later...

I always wanted to have a husky as my pet cause of the fur, eyes and quite the vocal dog.

But I chose Japanese spitz in the end due to the weather and I had no regrets about it!  ^_^

My dog is the best listener I had haha.

Under your influence, you're the magic in my veins.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest busybody

a property agent stay in a 3 rm flat on her own. she own a big dog in the flat, ocuppying one bed room for the dog .she is too busy with her full time work , got no time for the dog.The dog eat and shit in the bed room everyday.Is this a healthy sign for the dog and owner?

• 1 month later...

loved dogs and think they are real cute.. but phobia cos was bitten twice by dogs and chased by them..

but will really love to learn to hug them and play with them.

any dog owners here willing to let me play with your dogs? or teach me that haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Dog's Purpose According to A 6 Year Old

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish wolfhound named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn’t do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker’s death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, “I know why.”

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me.  I’d never heard a more comforting explanation.  He said, “People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life – like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?”

The six-year-old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”

Source:  http://weruletheinternet.com/2011/05/24/a-dogs-purpose-according-to-a-6-year-old/

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Seems like not none so far talks about their local breed aka Pariah? keke

My dog ....got from the shelter type...eats anything...mostly bones n scraps after our meal...loves it though.

I always get embarrashed when taking it to the vet...everyone's so damn trained n kwaii...mine will sniff here n there...vomits after car ride etc...n pees at the counter too :oops: :oops:

But the staff there...oh never mind...its ok....kekeke so polite :clap: :clap:

Any pariah lovers?

You are a true dog over!...adoption

For bringing so much joy and happiness to mankind, I find it hard to accept calling a dog by its species name.

I hate the word DOG, I wish the English language would come up with another more noble name unlike a three alphabet D.O.G.

Why is it when speeled backwards it sounds like G.O.D

We use the word dog, to describe someone negative. you dog.

The Frech calldogs the le chien , spanish word, el perro ,

Can anybody suggest a nice noble name to call dogs besides man's best friend.

Is this animal cruelty , dressing up the pug to look like a six legged spider, of course the dog does not comprehend what is going on, but using the dog this way for laughs,

PETA would probably frown on this.

chien-arraign%C3%A9.jpg

Arachnophobics beware

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.