Male HQ

What Would You Do? [Wwyd] Abc Tv Program (Compiled)

denial25

recently I really enjoyed watching ABC's show 'What would you do?', which sets real life scenarios in front of camera. It puts bystanders' comfort level up to test in the event of homophobia, racial profiling, autism, etc. I love the show lots as it voices out for the minority and educates the public.

Here is a clip on the homophobia one. you just feel warm in heart knowing there are still people standing on your side. If you guys like it, can search "WWYD" on youtube and there are plenty of them. thanks. :)

This is an interesting video. =) In my own opinion, it doesn't wrong if u're a homosexual. It's not about psychological or mentality problems, even prayers doesn't help... I mean this is very unrealistic to transform, it's like u're praying to God to change yourself into aliens. Being a homosexuality is NOT based upon their choices, they are just to be born this way. In conclusion, it's not something that prayer can cure gay. U're destroying them instead. Remember, destroying a person is no difference than murderer, the sin committed is much greater.

What's the point of it? The bystanders can't be blamed. The "couple" are adults.

Hi, gstc82.. I guess the show has no intention to blame anyone.. but to make everyone think. It presents something that the society is ignoring - the voice of the minority. When we, as bystanders, are caught in such situation, we have to deal with it, be it mentally or physically. and we have to weight the rights and wrongs for ourselves. This is far better than ignorance.

My straight friend just told me his dad texted him to stay away from a gay colleague of his immediately after seeing a comment on his colleague's pic. His dad is a hardcore religious person and the text goes somewhat like, "son, stay away from this guy, he is a homosexual, he will rape guys."

I can't help it but to laugh at the foolish mindset of his dad.

.......Inner Peace.......

To prove that homosexuality is just a CHOICE, can straight people CHOOSE to have homosexual lives? Why don't they live a homosexual life, be it hugging, kissing, playing or even telling themselves to have sex with the aame gender, to prove to us.

Deal with that.

To prove that homosexuality is just a CHOICE, can straight people CHOOSE to have homosexual lives? Why don't they live a homosexual life, be it hugging, kissing, playing or even telling themselves to have sex with the aame gender, to prove to us.

Deal with that.

I got e answer to ur question but shall not say it coz u might not agree with me . But not all straight ppl are like that wat . Or else why would they even attend e Pinkdot event to support their family member and friends .

I got e answer to ur question but shall not say it coz u might not agree with me . But not all straight ppl are like that wat . Or else why would they even attend e Pinkdot event to support their family member and friends .

There's no definite answer to that actually, because medical researches & studies have not accurately shown the real root(s) of Homosexuality. Because sexual orientation is also believed/researched to be isn't by choice, that's why some heterosexual people stand by the homosexuals or even the bisexuals by supporting events like PinkDot. That's my 2c opinion lah ~

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. :hat:

My straight friend just told me his dad texted him to stay away from a gay colleague of his immediately after seeing a comment on his colleague's pic. His dad is a hardcore religious person and the text goes somewhat like, "son, stay away from this guy, he is a homosexual, he will rape guys."

I can't help it but to laugh at the foolish mindset of his dad.

LOL imo, i think homophobic guys think that gay people would rape any guy they see, i have seen ugly asses being all homophobic, i mean seriously? i wouldnt even want to touch you...

Fattie bom bom walk down the street

i agree.

And its kind of sad thinking that there's still some "straight" ppl having twisted mindsets instilled in their mind by the older generations or the society in general. Some straight may say they have no prob with homosexuals, but when they do find out that one of their friend is really one, the treatment is no longer the same as before. Just feel that there's simply not enough main channels to educate all about homosexuality/bisexuality; our current law.. television channels.. newspapers.. whenever it comes to homosexuals, the footage are removed (tv shows), exaggeration for crimes made by homosexuals (news), snap taking pic and posting them online to tease guys who hold hands (stomp).. Singapore still got a long way to go..

Correct mindset and understanding should be made known to students during sexual education I think.. Telling them being homosexual/bisexual may not always be a choice for most cases and we are not much different from them other than in gender orientation.. Not all Straights go around raping or harassing girls, likewise for us, except for some black sheeps.

.......Inner Peace.......

• 5 months later...

Doing good at the right time...

Watching this video I am reminded of those times when I see beggars or homeless people at fast food restaurants counting the money they collected to buy a sandwich and getting looks from people. I reckon if we are not offering any help, least we don't say anything unpleasant or give them disapproving looks. Once I was in Bali having a nice local lunch, a lady brought a very young beggar to the restaurant. She gave the man behind the counter 10,000 Rupiah and told him to give the kid whatever he wanted to eat. I was moved.

Edited by iamziz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Thanks for taking time to write what you wrote. Nothing in my posting above is about criticising. Real life is not a fresh opera. Couldn't agree more. Not in bali or anywhere for that matters. The video is just to share what we can do to be humane than anything else and no credit asked for. As such, just like any other postings in BW if one doesn't like what one sees, there is no gun pointed at one demanding to see or read. The freedom is yours. The freedom is everyone. 

Thank you and have a good day. I don't see myself being a bitch in this forum.

Cheers

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

I'm sorta conflicted about this.

I want to help the less fortunate, buy them a sandwich or tell them "It's ok, this meal's on me." or whatever but I don't how to do it without hurting their pride. I mean, these people could have lost everything and all they have left is their dignity and by buying them food it sends them a message that indirectly shames them, saying that they're so useless that they can't even settle their own food. How do I go about helping them and lets them retain their dignity at the same time :/

Edited by EasleyLim

I reckon if they are on the street begging, they have already put aside their pride. It takes a lot of inner strength to do that. While those hiding under the void decks or alleys just to sleep might still be battling with their pride. A smile every now and then might be a good start to break the ice - sending a subtle message 'we care'. I have seen some people buy some food and give to these people or quietly putting aside when they are not looking.

― J'son M. Lee 

There are those in this world that are carrying heavy burdens. Some of us believe it is the result of choices they made in this life and in past lives. i'm conficted too because there is no end to human suffering.

The best thing, I think we can do, is to make sure we ourselves will not be a burden to family and society. it is our personal responsability to try and make sure our financal and medical needs will be met. If you have your house paid off, you have life insurance paid off and you have a healthy pension plan, then by all means help others.

That's my thinking anyway.

I reckon if they are on the street begging, they have already put aside their pride. It takes a lot of inner strength to do that. While those hiding under the void decks or alleys just to sleep might still be battling with their pride. A smile every now and then might be a good start to break the ice - sending a subtle message 'we care'. I have seen some people buy some food and give to these people or quietly putting aside when they are not looking.

It's precisely because they've lost almost anything that's why I feel like I should let them retain what little dignity they have. The act of pitying erodes their sense of independence, making them feel helpless and consequently, their worth as a person. I don't want them to feel that way, I want to help them but also let them feel that they still have some semblence of control of their life. Feeling helpless is the worst feeling ever, imo.

It's precisely because they've lost almost anything that's why I feel like I should let them retain what little dignity they have. The act of pitying erodes their sense of independence, making them feel helpless and consequently, their worth as a person. I don't want them to feel that way, I want to help them but also let them feel that they still have some semblence of control of their life. Feeling helpless is the worst feeling ever, imo.

Sort of a Catch22. Saying that, let's do our bit when we can for those in need. 

Mother Teresa once said if you can't feed a hundred, feed one.

:-)

― J'son M. Lee 

Helping-Other-Quotes-There-is-no-exercis

― J'son M. Lee 

• 7 months later...

What would you do if you are in a gay bar in Tanjong Pagar, or attending a gay event where food and drinks are served like BW annual meet up, or you are invited to a limited private party of all gay men , and you see someone dropping a pill or powder surreptiously into another person's drink. You don't know any of the two people involved in this scenario, and you are alone as in none of the people surrounding you are you friends.

will you

1) Pretend you did not see the deed and say to yourself it is none of your business ?

2) Approach the organiser or the woner of the gay pub and tell him what you saw, and propose you take action together ?

3) Approach the gay doing the powder and drug thing and say thatsince you saw him do it, you want a part of the action, (gangbang ?) or you will go and tell the intended victim what he put in the drink .

Would you be willing to stick your neck out for someone, at the risk of possibly embarrasing yourself if it turn out that the guy was preparing an aspirin solution for "victim' because he has fever and headache, and you misjudged and misread  the situation.

Notice in the video above, there was a difference in response , when the drug victim was a young attractive white girl, and when it was a wealthy , worldly wise man that was the date drug victim, the men in the bar repeatedly ignored , and did not sound the alarm to help him.

What is wrong with American men's thinking about helping another man about to be drugged by a woman. His life could be in danger yet no one except the woman called out the drugging ruse.

Could it be sexual competition at work here,  I assume atruism is dead in these people including the woman who called the bluff on the female drugger

I explain it like this, the men in the bar instinctively acted knowing the wealthy attractive darkhaired man is a stiff competition for female pussies, so they acted primally, by allowing him to get hurt, so they remove the competition.

The female in the last part of the competition, who called out to announced that the female drugger had spiced the drink of the wealthy man , also acted primally, since she saw the drugger had a wealthy handsome tall dark intelligent man , she was going to spoil it for the drugger so that she would look good, in front of the wealthy guy, hence increasing her chance of him being greatful to her for saving his life and health and may even turn his attention to her after the ordeal.

Male female interaction has a deeper primal motivation than we care to admit.

There was an experiment carried out to show that when women interact with young attractive men, they do not immediately become amorous but subconciously it triggered their caring and helpful instinct. Women will want to show that they are good caring mates so that when she has a family she can make sure the off springs are taken care off.

If I see it happening right before my eyes, I 'll definitely inform the intended victim what has taken place.
I rather be embarrassed for being wrong than to see someone being drugged against their will.
Like they say "All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" :P

That being said, I have not encounter such situation before.

If I see it happening right before my eyes, I 'll definitely inform the intended victim what has taken place.

I rather be embarrassed for being wrong than to see someone being drugged against their will.

Like they say "All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" :P

That being said, I have not encounter such situation before.

Hi Did you watch the video on youtube, just checking , It showed that men did not lift a finger shout to help the guy about  to get drugged, Gay men being men , will they act the same way, will gay men act like the women in the video.

I would pretend to be clumsy and spill that drugged drink and say sorry.

Are you sure , very sure you will be that brave to help the victim , thanks. But 

Hi Did you watch the video on youtube, just checking , It showed that men did not lift a finger shout to help the guy about  to get drugged, Gay men being men , will they act the same way as the bravado men in the video , as gay men like to say they are more men than str8 men, or  will gay men act like the women in the video.

I would inform the intended victim.

thanks for your chivalry, and maybe you also don't want the same thing to happen to you right. But ,

Hi Did you watch the video on youtube, just checking , It showed that men did not lift a finger shout to help the guy about  to get drugged, Gay men being men , will they act the same way, will gay men act like the women in the video.

Did you watch the whole video , on youtube,  do you think the motivation and subconscious decision making was like I describe.

An acquinatance of mine long time a go , claimed he was drugged , and then gangbanged in some remote area in singapore , was transported there by car , and then left half naked on a grass and bushy area , to wake up on his own in the middle of the night , as he woke up slowly from his groggy adn blur state , he realised his ass was a bit sore and there was leftover lube around his asshole and inside his asshole. he knew immediately he had been had , he doesn't know how many guys used him anally and he was shocked, angry , confused and burst out whimpering , and pick himself up.

Walked to a main road , hailed a taxi and went back home with a violated and sore ass, yet did not know who did this to him. How many cocks went into there ?

Luckily, it was begore the era of camera phones and widespread internet chatr rooms and forums to share photos.

He went drinking in LGBT pubs and had a reputation of acting like Lindsay Lohan, acting like a princess and answering people like a smart alec and loud also.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

LET'S "KICK THE ICK" OUT OF OUR PUBLIC DISCOURSE.

I've spoken often about the "ick" factor — the visceral reaction many have to the sight of something unfamiliar, like two men kissing. When I was growing up, the reaction toward interracial couples was similar, and that disgust over white/non-white intimacy was used to justify laws against interracial marriage.

Many use their irrational discomfort over gay intimacy to justify discrimination. This video, shot in a restaurant in Mississippi, illustrates that all too clearly, underscoring deep social and religious divides over this question. But there is cause, too, for hope — especially among young people. The ick is fading away, as it inevitably will. So watch and ask yourself, "Do I have a bit of the 'ick' in me?"

This video is a clip from ABC’s hit show "What Would You Do?" hosted by John Quinones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55BFSUxiuxA

From: http://www.upworthy.com/students-saw-a-gay-couple-kiss-in-front-of-kids-and-the-students-got-mad-for-all-the-right-reasons?c=reccon1

There is another episode that I've shared earlier - http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=48414

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Guest locked this topic
  • 4 months later...
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • Guest locked this topic