Male HQ

Any Vegetarian Here?

curious22

Guest arowana

Anyone organizing a vegetarian lunch/dinner outing for us?

1. Pathetic thread. Once a while, only few cats replied

2. I "jio" people out for supper, no reply.

Forget about organising outing.

Anyone organizing a vegetarian lunch/dinner outing for us?
1. Pathetic thread. Once a while, only few cats replied 2. I "jio" people out for supper, no reply. Forget about organising outing.

ok, guys... i'm back from hk...

let's go....!

i'm up for it...

Best vegetarian I've tried in Singapore, and cheapest, is this stall at Hong Lim Complex Food Centre, ground floor. It's hidden from the front, back row, facing the raw foods market. Cuz it's hidden, not so well-known but very delicious and economical, only for lunch. Try their Three Layer Pork and Gulou Meat. Yummy! ...Best Kept Secret.. :thumb:

Guest arowana

paiseh! just saw this thread....

and that i had a wedding to attend on that day too...

next time pm me...k?

Paiseh - no use. Already over.

Other day bah.

I eat supper once in a while. Find kakis to eat vegetarian supper is extremely difficult!

Yes i am vegetarian. I have been for years. I don't think it is necessary to live well and kill animals. It is such a small thing to chose not to. it forces one to be more inventive with what a person eats. I have not gone Vegan as yet I still love eggs and dairy. Perhaps one day I will make the step. There is a lot of exploitation and suffering associated with animal products such as these. I go organic as much a possible. usually if it costs more its better for you. It costs money to provide a good life for animals that give so much. Love is the key...

Guest arowana

'yi kuang dao' people eat eggs in their vegetarian meals.

Not all. Some do NOT eat eggs!

the vegetarian buddhists don't include eggs in their vegetarian meals.

Bullshit!

Time already changes. I have seen monks eat eggs with my own eyes! And they are not Tibetan or Thai monks.

Please do not discuss religion in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest arowana

Best vegetarian I've tried in Singapore, and cheapest, is this stall at Hong Lim Complex Food Centre, ground floor. It's hidden from the front, back row, facing the raw foods market. Cuz it's hidden, not so well-known

I just went there.

56164489850b8465804703.jpg

but very delicious and economical, only for lunch. Try their Three Layer Pork and Gulou Meat. Yummy! ...Best Kept Secret.. :thumb:

I just tried. So-so only. Nothing special about their dishes.

Looks like Cube3 is not a vegetarian.

134225057450b8465b4951c.jpg

Edited by arowana

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody want to go dinner at Kallang Airport tonite?

http://www.streetdir...vel_site_51009/

Give me a shout here. Don't pm me, until I acknowledge.

I live near this hawker center, though the hawker center is big but only 1 vegetarian store. The vegetarian food is quite nice here.

Guest arowana

I live near this hawker center, though the hawker center is big but only 1 vegetarian store. The vegetarian food is quite nice here.

I haven't tried the western food. I would like to try.

I go there once in a while, try the "dau-huaay".

• 3 months later...
Guest arowana

my bf is a vegetarian, okay for eggs but no to onion and garlic, therefore i am eating vegetarian food more now :P

Good to be vegetarian!  :clap:

Encourage people to be vegetarian.

Guest arowana

we went circuit road hawker sometimes and the food is really yummy! especially the satay and the noodle stall opposite.

I go there often.

otak not bad. So far, fresh bbq otak is the best in the entire Singapore. Got satay arh? Strange...never seen before.

All three noodle stalls tried. 

Guest arowana
1st noodle stall - the one near to the canal. Damn horrible. When it first started, it was alright. But not for now.

2nd noodle stall - queue number stall. Quit alright. Long wait.

3rd noodle stall - near to the road.Years ago, that aunty sell pork noodle. After that she changed into vegetarian stall. Soon, 客似云来. Just only one year back, this aunty got a helper. before that, fed-up of waiting in long queue.

I knew exactly which stalls started first and all vegeterain stalls history in circuit road. I don't stay there, but eat there frequently.

I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but I regularly eat veggie only diet, for the fibre and to maintain my trim weight. I always avoid red meat, always preferring pork, chicken and fish, hardly like deep fried or oily and creamy stuff as I find them too sinful for my weight conscious lifestyle

Guest arowana

LOL we always eat their satay which we think is better than the otah, both the chicken wing and otah are abit too soft for my liking. you should try the satay!

16724910125165901fae284.jpg

Picture just taken an hour ago. I forgotten, they have satay.

In fact, I knew the history of this stall.

Edited by arowana

• 2 weeks later...