Male HQ

Things A Gay Couple Can Do. [Non-Sexual]

Simmon

I went on a date with my boyfriend today and well, I suggested a progressive lunch and that's what we did, having each course in a different restaurant. But apart from that, we were sitting in Vivocity for our final, a nice hot chocolate at Max Brenner's and we were thinking like there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of things that a gay couple can do without being labelled as gay for example entering a valentines day dinner. I tried once but it was just weird because we were the only 2 guys in the restaurant.

So I was wondering if anybody here has any suggestions for me and also for all to discover?

Stare at the wall.

Edit: Seriously speaking, I don't think there's anything wrong with entering a Valentine's Day Dinner with the 2 of you. I think that's kind of cute actually. Lol. I think most couple activities are obvious in a sense that people would assume you are a couple if you're doing said activities. Which is why I find it hard to give examples of couple activities that...don't make it seem like you are a couple? See how that kind of contradicts it?

Simply put, I am of no help. Lol.

Edited by SoSonni

Instagram | @sodamnsonni

Twitter | @sosonni

Stare at the wall.

Edit: Seriously speaking, I don't think there's anything wrong with entering a Valentine's Day Dinner with the 2 of you. I think that's kind of cute actually. Lol. I think most couple activities are obvious in a sense that people would assume you are a couple if you're doing said activities. Which is why I find it hard to give examples of couple activities that...don't make it seem like you are a couple? See how that kind of contradicts it?

Simply put, I am of no help. Lol.

Yup u're right. Actually, starting this thread somehow feels that you still have a lil' barrier of uncomfortability with your sexuality.

A couple is a couple, homo or heterosexual. In the name of love (or pursuit), you can do anything you could ever imagine.

Display your affection, in ways you would to that special someone.

If you 2 are very comfortable with each other, lazing around in each other's presence without feeling any tinge of awkwardness in the moment of silence, I would say that is the highest level of comfort.

Spicing up your couple-dating life...it's really up to where your ideas take you. That is also where understanding what he likes come into play. It's not just about you, it's about him too.

If he likes to cycle, then go loh. Daytona, then go loh. Drugs (THEN PLS DON'T GO).

Happy dating~ =)

Sit at Starbucks and stare at hot guys together?

LOL. That is kind of a waste of time actually. We're not that into anyone else except each other.

Yup u're right. Actually, starting this thread somehow feels that you still have a lil' barrier of uncomfortability with your sexuality.

A couple is a couple, homo or heterosexual. In the name of love (or pursuit), you can do anything you could ever imagine.

Display your affection, in ways you would to that special someone.

If you 2 are very comfortable with each other, lazing around in each other's presence without feeling any tinge of awkwardness in the moment of silence, I would say that is the highest level of comfort.

Spicing up your couple-dating life...it's really up to where your ideas take you. That is also where understanding what he likes come into play. It's not just about you, it's about him too.

If he likes to cycle, then go loh. Daytona, then go loh. Drugs (THEN PLS DON'T GO).

Happy dating~ =)

Actually, we are very comfortable with our sexual orientation. Or at least I am. He is still a little reserved. But my aim in starting this thread is to discover more things a gay couple can do apart from movies or staying home. We have exhausted almost all options, dining in a seafood restaurant, Pulau Ubin, USSR, Escape(lol), dining in famous hawkers or restaurants or dim sum stalls. But then we were hoping there are more. Otherwise Singapore is really boring. We are still hoping to get on the Flyer as none of us have but we're saving it for our 3rd year next May. Hoping that you are able to share with us some things to do apart from sitting somewhere and lazing about.

Well that's the best thing about not being able to paint. You guys can laugh about how shitty you guys' skills are together, then each bring home the others' work and hang that fugly thing in your room. I think that sounds cute. Lol. I can cook really simple stuff for myself, I'd love to learn more but I'm always scared to spend money buying the ingredients only to have them destroyed later on lol. Brownies. OMFG.!!!! The most sinful food.

Maybe another thing you can do is go for a massage together lol (i mean an actual massage...no hidden sexual favors and whatnot) I think that sounds lovely too. Or you can go camping overnight at our shitty east coast beach.

Instagram | @sodamnsonni

Twitter | @sosonni

It doesnt matter if its a couples' lair we are entering, we are cool enough with that. we ARE a couple.

We always hunt for deals on groupon, deals etc, going for good deals like pariss buffet and some facial deals (lol)

Or find some random MRT stations and start exploring from there, if not visit those exhibitions like andy warhol/outside in museums at mbs now

If youre artsy, go watch a play or 2.

We play badminton often too, sometimes i teach him piano and all. theres many things you can do, just depends on how adventurous you are

Edited by typoshark

true hoh? what happens when both parties have really exhausted all spicing ideas?

how about whatever both enjoy doing (non-sexual) together? i mean..like sports or certain hobby, i think sometimes normal, less-fanciful activities, can be just as nice?

For some, photography comp btw the couple at certain sites? 两个人在一起,开心舒服就好啦~

It doesnt matter if its a couples' lair we are entering, we are cool enough with that. we ARE a couple.

We always hunt for deals on groupon, deals etc, going for good deals like pariss buffet and some facial deals (lol)

Or find some random MRT stations and start exploring from there, if not visit those exhibitions like andy warhol/outside in museums at mbs now

If youre artsy, go watch a play or 2.

We play badminton often too, sometimes i teach him piano and all. theres many things you can do, just depends on how adventurous you are

Hunting groupons require quite abit of cash. And it is a 1 time deal but I guess I can suggest that.

We are also frequent visitors of museums and plays because I love these. =D

true hoh? what happens when both parties have really exhausted all spicing ideas?

how about whatever both enjoy doing (non-sexual) together? i mean..like sports or certain hobby, i think sometimes normal, less-fanciful activities, can be just as nice?

For some, photography comp btw the couple at certain sites? 两个人在一起,开心舒服就好啦~

See the thing is, we enjoy eating LOL. But we've exhausted food places and are now looking for things to do. But Singapore has a very limited number of places that are suitable.

Picnics at the parks, Botanic, Garden by the Bay.

Fly kites @ promontory,marina bay

Jazz night, saturday @ Sentosa maritime experimential museum

Night views from Mt Faber, Henderson waves, Telok Blangah Terrace View, Kent ridge park, woodland waterfront, marina barrage.

Climb Ferrata at Orchard Central

Day trips to Southern islands ( Lazarus , St John and Kusu island ).

Picnics at the parks, Botanic, Garden by the Bay.

Fly kites @ promontory,marina bay

Jazz night, saturday @ Sentosa maritime experimential museum

Night views from Mt Faber, Henderson waves, Telok Blangah Terrace View, Kent ridge park, woodland waterfront, marina barrage.

Climb Ferrata at Orchard Central

Day trips to Southern islands ( Lazarus , St John and Kusu island ).

Day trips to Southern islands ( Lazarus , St John and Kusu island ). <- Great tip! Thanks!

the best relationship is the type where there are no pressure to think of programs but to be simply comfortable with each other, do things together wherever possible and give each other the personal space to do what each other wants when needed. ultimately, everything is in the mind. sometimes, we make the fuss out of things when there is nothing to fuss about. it is all in the mind... it is all in the mind...

so, eat at a restaurant on valentines when you want to, a man still need to eat when the mealtime comes about... go to the library, watch a show, shopping, zoo, night safari, marketing, grocery shopping... in short, anything! what is important is the company and the communications, not the activity per se.

but yup, when you are still dating, there is the pressure to want to think of things to do and to please the other party or to impress...

We've been together coming 2.5 years now. There isn't exactly a pressure to find programs but it's more of a we have nothing to do and lazing around the house is such a waste of our precious weekends lol. Don't you think so? We've watched every single movie I have at home and tried every single computer game. It's just sitting there and rewatching old shows which is so so boring omgsh I could eat him to entertain myself. (No sexual meaning there)

Guest stbrianud

O.o never really crossed my mind.. my bf and i do almost anything we want, of course respecting those around us and society norms... doesn't restrict us that much..

that being the case, it is probably a question that you two have to answer yourselves. what are your common interests? we can say all we want but end of the day, if it does not interest you, then perhaps it will be futile. or perhaps you can try this suggestion - go do research on what to do together, whatever the outcome maybe, i am sure it will be meaningful to both of you... and hey, focus on the process of the research and not have it as an end by iteself.

for my partner and i, we do enjoy spending time together at home and when we feel a need to go out, at times, we do adopt the "surprise me" angle, but at times, we make decisions together... and we will research together on what to do, for that matter, even what to eat, etc, in this way, you can find out more about each other's limits, challenge each other to see how adventurous each other can be... and hey, as i mentioned above, focus on the process... and have fun while doing it.

:-)

The downside is, I like to know what's going on before we do it. Just in case we get somewhere and I totally hate the idea lol. We are interested in private estate hunting but quite sure that agents will not entertain 2 guys who haven't hit their 30s and are most likely unable to buy one. But we do drive around Singapore looking at beautiful houses or condos and fantasize owning it lol. That is our interest but sadly, there are only that number of private estates in Singapore. And we can't go in and look see =(

Hey Simmon, totally understand the lack of things to do in SG. Think most of us face the same thing. lol.

As you said you are into plays and theatres and the sort, do go for theatrical performances and musicals and dramas etc. I think that's one of the most fulfilling thing I do with my bf. Also, if you guys are into computer games, you could game together. Alternatively, you guys can go to starbucks or somewhere and chill, and play card games. Once I saw 2 guys at soghurt playing monopoly deal together. Quite a cute scene I must say =)

Baking/Cooking lessons are good, if both of you are into baking and cooking. If cost is a concern, one of you could go first and then come back and teach the other. Lol. And since you guys drive, you could head to chomp chomp, geylang etc for a bite at night, or head to mustafa for late night shopping, so long as you don't mind crowded places.

If you guys are into sports/outdoors, you could walk Henderson Waves (yes a bit overdone I figure), or MacRitchie hilltop walk or any of such nature places. ECP cycling also worth doing. Camping overnight at public parks like ECP or WCP also can be done if you guys have a camping tent and wanna try sth different (though you gotta think of things to do also).

Just my 2 cents worth =)

Guest newcomer91

I went on a date with my boyfriend today and well, I suggested a progressive lunch and that's what we did, having each course in a different restaurant. But apart from that, we were sitting in Vivocity for our final, a nice hot chocolate at Max Brenner's and we were thinking like there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of things that a gay couple can do without being labelled as gay for example entering a valentines day dinner. I tried once but it was just weird because we were the only 2 guys in the restaurant.

So I was wondering if anybody here has any suggestions for me and also for all to discover?

hmmm, maybe daytime u both can do a sport together? like rock climbing or kayakking? (lol, at least i would) then at night one of you makes dinner for the other?

i guess its the same as if u were to go out with a girl, as long as u both enjoy each other company, it doesnt really mater what you do, XD,

hope this helps?:S

• 6 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 5:11 PM, -Ignored- said:

Any of u couple is just like them??
Opp attracts?

one is tidier or luv to clean up, the other messier and dont believe in tidying
One does the chores and the other could be spared from it?
1 will always give in?

they are so cute! thanks for sharing

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm. Well, maybe its just me, but I feel being a gay couple doesn't mean it should always be all glam or flowers or parties. 

To me I wish someone would bring me out to have slow walks. Be it to parks or museums or even the malls. To appreciate the time spent between us two, and block out ourselves from the hustle and bustle of the life from work or life in general. Even something simple as going to the library together, sitting in front of each other reading books we fancy, maybe occassionally stealing peeps at each other or maybe even be playful and hook his leg like how tv always show couples seducing each other. Hehe

Maybe its having numerous failed relationships happening with all the flowers and fireworks that makes me want to appreciate time spent with each other truely and slowly. Quoting SJP in SATC to Mr Big 'just us two.'

I feel like once in awhile do something special is good but don't always have to. Cost of living already so high. Most of the time we're ok just mooching around at home and talking nonsense because it's quality time nonetheless.

Speaking loudly, suffers softly. Smiles so wide, cuts unseen inside.

Bitin' the bullet, but never kick the bucket.

We usually stay at home.

When we are out, we avoid malls and crowded places.. Expensive and stares and pressure. outskirts like IMM, changi, punggol

We go cinema and hold hands throughout, we dont care even if immediate neighbor notice

We go bkk , where it is accepted, a few times a year

Omg serious; there is so much u can do haha I remember when I with my ex..we plan places we haven’t go like for example I never board cable car before so we had lunch at Harbourfront then go Public toilet make out but no cums then proceed to cable car ride take selfie and kiss coz only 2 of us inside then alight buy some drinks then proceed to go cart which I never ride before (the 3 in 1 tickets purchased in advance from q10) we take selfie and challenged each other then dinner till night time take selfie then walk to the beach play water then have sex shower together Sentosa cubicle then head to Mac for desserts and take train back home send him home kiss in the lift and that is how our event goes. Go back shower feel love and Happy haha 

Singapore got so many places to explore. Haha 

Other places we go is monthly staycation diff hotels or museum or nature walk or Singapore night festivals or dine out cafe different places or fitness and jog or anything u or him haven’t Done or been and lastly after work fetch him dinner etc haha 

4 hours ago, BudakFit said:

Omg serious; there is so much u can do haha I remember when I with my ex..we plan places we haven’t go like for example I never board cable car before so we had lunch at Harbourfront then go Public toilet make out but no cums then proceed to cable car ride take selfie and kiss coz only 2 of us inside then alight buy some drinks then proceed to go cart which I never ride before (the 3 in 1 tickets purchased in advance from q10) we take selfie and challenged each other then dinner till night time take selfie then walk to the beach play water then have sex shower together Sentosa cubicle then head to Mac for desserts and take train back home send him home kiss in the lift and that is how our event goes. Go back shower feel love and Happy haha 

Singapore got so many places to explore. Haha 

Other places we go is monthly staycation diff hotels or museum or nature walk or Singapore night festivals or dine out cafe different places or fitness and jog or anything u or him haven’t Done or been and lastly after work fetch him dinner etc haha 

Got money go stayca every month uh?

I feel like I save the rest of my income after setting 400 aside for food and transport like still not enough :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Shamz85 said:

Shower sex at sentosa? Damn thats hot. 

Yes bro. I love to have safe outdoor sex anywhere anytime in Singapore it feel shiok feel cloud 9. 

7 hours ago, BudakFit said:

Haha when u love someone u do anything haha kinda Iike to be romantic haha 

Love him that's why saving money for later if buying house or renting room :ph34r:

Edited by feedersmiracle