Male HQ

Yoga Discussion (Compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi there, any yoga practitioners here? I know that there're many places CC, Sport Centres, gym, yoga studio .... where I can learn. Can anyone recommend a good place where the price is reasonable and timestable is flexible? and of course can meet lots of beautiful people too :D Thanks.

Lots of places offer yoga. Check this website for a listing of yoga classes in Singapore:

http://www.yogadirectory.sg/

Where to go really depends on your intentions of practicing yoga, the types of yoga, distance from home/work and budget.

If you wanna see lots of beautiful people, the best bet would be to join a gym like Cali that offers yoga, or join a large yoga centre, but avoid True Yoga at all cost!

Guest golf fan
What happened to True Yoga?

They cheat people of their money and memberships. You can read so many complaints in the forum section of yogadirectory.sg.

this similar story of 'hard selling' to new clients also applies to some "slimming health salons" and some 'men's facial centre'. Just be careful, once they ask you to sign something on contract :swear:

The Hot Nude Yoga thing is walking distance from my apartment and my yoga instructor actually teaches there occassionally. A friend of mine did the class and his tip was to be in the front of the class. He said when you have a whole sea of asses in front of you, it is hard to focus- both from a hot point of view and from a eeuuuwww point of view.

And of yes, everybody do sport a boner every now and then. That's when the instructor knows you are not focusing your energies in the right places.

:whistle:

Love. 

buaya: you can always do a home based version mah, just that it is likely to turn out into orgy....

imagine the handstand and the "whale" position, with all the hardon pointing to the sky....

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

I am New York based actually. :) Just rediscovered Blowing Wind recently. I remember reading it like 8 or 9 years ago. I thought the guy who wrote the BW offers interesting perspective to being gay in SG, especially the ones who were brought in a generation before me, got married and play the "straight" card etc.

Namaste. :D

Love. 

Guest Guest
Pure Yoga is good. Facilities are excellent and there's a wide variety of classes to choose from everyday. :thumb:

Agreed, but the price is blood coughing to most people. There are other affordable ways to do yoga. Om

Guest ascanio2

Hi guest,

To the OP - I have tried a few yoga places in Singapore - my first recommendation is

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR LONG TERM CONTRACT UNTIL YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THE PLACE/TEACHERS/YOGA STYLES PRACTICED THERE

Most studios (except for True - not sure) will offer a ten-pack/twenty-pack etc of classes with no annual contract or monthly. Of course, per class, these will be more ex than monthly or one-year/two-year contract but at least you have time to make up your mind.

Anyway signing up for contract is like signing up for gym (Cali, Planet, Fitness first, SAFRA etc) - use your discernment, take your time, relax (that's what yoga is for), be self-aware and detached (do you give in easily to hard-sell? - then bring a hard-nosed friend).

Here are my recommendations for you to try.

1. Absolute Yoga@Valley Point mostly Bikram hot yoga style (;-) Singapore not hot enough meh?). Also Bikram Yoga City Hall@Raffles City www.bikramyoga.com.sg

2. Pure Yoga (ex but nice place and wide-variety of classes)

3. Gaia Yoga @ Bideford Road (on top of Seiko)

4. Ashtanga Yoga Singapore www.ashtangayogasingapore.com - Ashtanga yog

5. Oasis Holistic@Selegie Road www.oasisholistic.com

• 7 months later...

Hi, has anyone tried hot yoga? Is it a mixed group, or just men or women? Understand that one has to don swim trunks or shorts.

Any nude yoga session here that I can join? :oops:

Hi All,

i have been exploring yoga for a few years and these are some of my comments:

1) Ashtanga Yoga is a very strong form of yoga and its physically very demanding. Basically, if u are not fit, then don't waste time and don't hurt your body to do ashtanga yoga.

2) Hot/Bikram yoga seems like quite rage these days. Combining body science and so-call nature elements. I personally don't like hot yoga because of all the heat and sweat. Its too slippery by the time the class is midway thru.

To Knarf, the hot yoga i tried is conducted in a mixed group. Actually all u have to wear is light clothing. Some guys just went in with tights or shorts.

3) Hartha Yoga - Still my fav form of yoga because its mean for relaxation. I think the best thing i've learnt is the rythmic breathing. Helps me sleep well every night :thumb:

Koh Samui, I need u...

I practice a combo of Hatha, Ashtanga and Kundalini. Not in any specific school of practice. Where I practice, there is even a class that combines the best of yoga and pilates for core training. It's fun :D

Hey Chelseasian, u got any good yoga studio place to recommend? The one i also go to at circular street closed down last year... now slowly hunting for a reasonably priced one with good instructors...

Koh Samui, I need u...

Me also looking for Yoga partner. Hopefully Hatha Yoga. Anyone interested, can PM me.

Been stop practicing yoga for quite sometime already. Wish to pick up soon.

Personally i think for those beginner, it is adviseable to join those yoga studio instead of yoga centre. Because those yoga studio usually conducts in a smaller group, which is 8-10 persons. So if your poisture wrong, it is easily for the instructor to correct u. But if it is a big group in yoga centre, then you will easily be neglected.

I had been self-learning and practising Yoga for years. Not an advanced form but some basic postures which are more demanding than normal stretching. Not of a particular school but my own mixed and matched postures which worked very well for me. I got very flexible and felt good at one stage in time. In the last 2 years due to work stress I have been practising lesser but I would like to pick up again. Any self-taught "pugilists" who would be keen to join me and practise together on our own?

Guest yoga nut
I had been self-learning and practising Yoga for years. Not an advanced form but some basic postures which are more demanding than normal stretching. Not of a particular school but my own mixed and matched postures which worked very well for me. I got very flexible and felt good at one stage in time. In the last 2 years due to work stress I have been practising lesser but I would like to pick up again. Any self-taught "pugilists" who would be keen to join me and practise together on our own?

wow... a cool yoga group that is open to sharing new position and techniques

Guest yoga nut
Cool... A@east, yoga nut, trufflez, VOCE and others, shall we start an informal group? Anyone care to initiate? :)

a nice place will be those grass patches at the east coast park, sea breeze, fresh air to fill our lungs when we take slow deep breaths.....only us ... one with the universe....

Cool... A@east, yoga nut, trufflez, VOCE and others, shall we start an informal group? Anyone care to initiate? :)

Well, I don't have a place. If any one of you has a place perhaps you could offer? I can suggest a concept where there need not be an instructor or leader; we all practise according to what we know and what works best for ourselves. We could see how one another does and probably learn something out of it.

Hi

Sometime lastweek I went to Cali for yoga class.It was my first time taking part .I found that is siut me as it relax our muscles.I would love to join the classe again.

who'd class u attended? dr ram's or mazie's class ?

anyone else in ram's class here.

Guest yoga nut

Well, I don't have a place. If any one of you has a place perhaps you could offer? I can suggest a concept where there need not be an instructor or leader; we all practise according to what we know and what works best for ourselves. We could see how one another does and probably learn something out of it.

tat sounds like a good idea... now the qn is where do we practise?

Guest yoga nut

tat sounds like a good idea... now the qn is where do we practise?

no takers????

wanna just start at the beach 1st and take it from there?

• 1 year later...

hi,

Can you guys recommend a place to learn/practice yoga? Somewhere where there are more men, or even a men's class? :Phaha ... but not in a gym.

I've done some classes here and there, on and off, and I prefer somewhere where the teaching is flexible and the environment more relaxed. Shower facilities is a bonus, but I can do without.

Not keen in monthly or long-term memberships (so True Yoga and Pure Yoga is out).

Anyone goes to Sivananda or Absolute here? Can advise? Thanks.

hi,

Can you guys recommend a place to learn/practice yoga? Somewhere where there are more men, or even a men's class? :Phaha ... but not in a gym.

I've done some classes here and there, on and off, and I prefer somewhere where the teaching is flexible and the environment more relaxed. Shower facilities is a bonus, but I can do without.

Not keen in monthly or long-term memberships (so True Yoga and Pure Yoga is out).

Anyone goes to Sivananda or Absolute here? Can advise? Thanks.

I once tried Sivananda, the teacher is young lady, most of participants are either couples or female, so feel so lonely there :(. The good thing is there is different class for diff level, so will up your level once the teacher know you have advanced. It's good for serious practitioner.

Right now I join absolute hot yoga and I like it. Feel like removing my toxin when you sweating like hell. If you prepare well then it should be ok (drinking lots of water all days, eat something 2-3 hours before class), without that you may easily feel dizzy or get dehidrated. They have many payment schemes there, but certainly taking package is cheaper.I think you probably need to try it once and see how it goes.

Thanks!

I usually sweat a lot during regular classes in air con room (even breathing exercise can sweat!), but I'll give hot yoga a try, probably at absolute next week, either Hot B or C. Which one can stretch more? Any teacher you recommend? :)

For me Hot B or C are quite similar (absolute website should explain them), Hot B move slightly faster than Hot C, personally I am more comfortable with Hot C. If you like more stretching you may try Hot Flow.

Most teachers there are good, just mention you're the first time and they will put more attention.

• 6 months later...
Guest mango

He's very cute!!! And so strong and flexible! I like!!! :lol:

i cant access the site... googled and found this

Ashtanga Yoga Singapore

Remarks: Closed since 6-Jun-08

• Guest locked and unlocked this topic