Male HQ

Shanghai ( China ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

DragonRider

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Anyone tried before those massage boys listed in Utopia-Asia to come to my hotel and anyone has the experience or any field report who would like to share the information?

Leaving for Shanghai for 4 days and wanna try to engage one of those boys. Thanks

• 1 month later...

hv not tried personally those on utopia, but a fellow fren had, so i don think i'd do it.

so, yes the tel nos. are real altho the pics may differ fr the real person, so if u aren't super choosy abt the person,... so thats #1.

#2, plse be sure to settle transaction amt before engaging.  there is a charge for the massage and a separate charge for doing it (and the "it" has separate charges depending on wat u want).  so unfortunately, dis was not discussed and after the act - my fren was asked to pay separately which was about another SGD300.

and when my fren decided not to pay cos he thot it was already included in the massage  - the money boy casually mentioned dat dis is the street price and if he was not happy - he can go ahead and ask the reception downstairs. so #3, looks like they r pros and know u will not want to be embarassed.

so net-net: if u do intend to engage them, be sure to settle wat u wanna do and for wat amt first. it is a biz transaction.

on a related note, i hv been to the gay bars along huaihai road to check out the local scene and there is a bevy of money boys who are rather direct, so u can also try yr luck there. i hv not engaged any of the boys, but again i wld imagine that the same logic applies: settle all discussions per a biz transaction before u do anything.

hope this helps.

Edited by Afterwork

on a related note, i hv been to the gay bars along huaihai road to check out the local scene and there is a bevy of money boys who are rather direct, so u can also try yr luck there. i hv not engaged any of the boys, but again i wld imagine that the same logic applies: settle all discussions per a biz transaction before u do anything.

hope this helps.

Thank you Afterwork, very usefull info. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking of making my first virgin trip to China and am considering either China or Shanghai. Which city is generally more business friendly or more populous?

China or Shanghai? lol

Beijing or Shanghai?

I liked Shanghai, but I went during X-Mas and New Year, it was freeeezing cold!!!!! It's a nice cosmopolitan city, with its share of tourists and expats.

Never been to Beijing but my friends tell me it's so polluted that it's not nice... but worth the visit at least once nevertheless.

China or Shanghai? lol

Beijing or Shanghai?

I liked Shanghai, but I went during X-Mas and New Year, it was freeeezing cold!!!!! It's a nice cosmopolitan city, with its share of tourists and expats.

Never been to Beijing but my friends tell me it's so polluted that it's not nice... but worth the visit at least once nevertheless.

OMG! Sorry. I meant Beijing or Shanghai.

Yup. I just got some info that Shanghai is a nicer city. More worth visiting. :-)

It depends what u r looking for.. If u r a history person then strongly advice u to go Beijing. Won't go wrong with 5000 yrs of history there...

On the other hand if u're looking to experience the cosmo lifestyle then SH might be a little better.. Having said that I was actually quite surprised with wat Beijing had to offer.. Only thing was the air there is bad and trying to get a taxi is a pain!!!

Enelym1978 and Daydreamerz are right. I just want to add some details:

Pollution in Beijing is unpleasant, but not that bad. And there are so much more many things to do there! History and architecture, of course, but also shopping, bars and restaurants. And about international cosmo life, Shanghai might be slightly better, but you already can experience that in Singapore.

Oh, and about gay life... I have nice memories of both cities.

Don't forget that Beijing can be pretty cold in winter.

Have a nice trip!

beijing has more nature and history definitely

shanghai is like another singapore ie metropol....but on a much bigger scale with fun sience centre/discovery or high tech stuff etc......

again it depends on what u need really

Quite correct! :)

if u r looking for modernity and fashion/great lifestyle items with artistic(or rather ATAS) flaire, 798 of beijing is gonna spoilt you with choices....

Many thought that shanghai only have 田子坊。。。

but if u r talking about sauna, they are all similar be it in beijing or shanghai...they do not have rooms like in sg/bkk/taiwan ..so it s rather "reserved" and very nationalism (ie mainly chinese w Chinese)

As for pollution, i felt it s very similar too.....if u r visiting Great Wall(dont think there are pollution to talk about) but if u r in malls/ MRTs or visiting indoor places like my favourite museums, i dont think pollution is a main issue

Heard that the haze is back in Singapore again, isnt that a pollution too?

I'm going Shanghai for 8 days in December. Alone!

The straight bathhouses look fantastic!

1. New Star @ Jinhui South Road

2. New Star @ Tianshan Road

3. Xiao Nan Guo @ Homgmei Road

4. Da Lang Tao Sha @ Guilin Road

5. Gokurakuyu @ Xin Jinqiao Road

Anyone tried any of these before?

Field report?

Aren't you the field trip master? ;)

But wait until December 8th.... so long haha

if u r looking for modernity and fashion/great lifestyle items with artistic(or rather ATAS) flaire, 798 of beijing is gonna spoilt you with choices....

Many thought that shanghai only have 田子坊。。。

but if u r talking about sauna, they are all similar be it in beijing or shanghai...they do not have rooms like in sg/bkk/taiwan ..so it s rather "reserved" and very nationalism (ie mainly chinese w Chinese)

As for pollution, i felt it s very similar too.....if u r visiting Great Wall(dont think there are pollution to talk about) but if u r in malls/ MRTs or visiting indoor places like my favourite museums, i dont think pollution is a main issue

Heard that the haze is back in Singapore again, isnt that a pollution too?

Oh yes 798 in Beijing was really great, easily my favourite place in Shanghai/Beijing. But on the whole Shanghai was much nicer

• 2 weeks later...

Will be going to Shanghai next month with a couple of friends. Anyone with places to recommend? Eg. massage, sauna, bars, discos, and great food places. Thank you in advance. tongue.gifthumb.gif

I'd like to recommend you a club named "390 Shanghai".  On Septmber 7th, 2013 there will be an event named "Tim Sweeney and Beats in Space". Over the last 14 years, Sweeney has built Beats in Space into an iconic brand.  In return, BIS launched Sweeney’s career as one of New York’s most sought-after DJs. For more infomation about the club you can check the following link http://shanghai.beguide.com/bars-clubs/lgbt/390-shanghai-99.html.

Edited by masslin

not really the topic, but nice bars/clubs to advise?

Shanghai has no shortage of rather nice bars/clubs. I didn't go to the gay ones much, but out of the standard list I liked Shanghai Studio and Transit.

I liked Kai in Beijing though. Yes it felt a little grungy and the crowd is definitely less sophisticated, but it's super cheap and more sociable and fun. And convenient, just behind Village @ Sanlitun.

• 1 month later...

Will be in Shanghai from 27/12/13 to 03/01/14.

From 27/12/13 to 31/12/13 will be mostly with business friends so from 01 to 03/01/14 and some evenings will be free and easy for me.

Anyone in Shanghai during this period, maybe can go for some interesting outing together.

Only visited Shanghai twice and usually on short working trips so still not so familiar with the city, anyone with some interesting recommendations on nice spa and massage?

• 2 weeks later...

I will in SH in mid Nov13 for one week for holiday and appreciate any recommendation for nice and reasobable budget hotel? I understand there are a lot of chain budget hotel but  I'm confuse as to which one to choose... think I will be staying in the French concession area or maybe The Bund area close the their MRT station.

You may consider stay at 汉庭 or 锦江 at nanjinglu which close to metro line 2 and 10 walkibg distance to bundle area.

I will in SH in mid Nov13 for one week for holiday and appreciate any recommendation for nice and reasobable budget hotel? I understand there are a lot of chain budget hotel but I'm confuse as to which one to choose... think I will be staying in the French concession area or maybe The Bund area close the their MRT station.

Thanks Sunny, is there any nice gay friendly bath club?

Hi erasmo,

You can try Solus International Massage & Spa. This is a popular Gay-owned massage spa in Shanghai which offer an elite experience inspired by contemporary Thai art. Here is the address: No.38, Changhua road,near Wuding Road,  Jingan District. Besides, the link below contains a map and detail info. of this parlor. 

http://shanghai.happymassage.com/massage-yellow-pages/massage-places/solus-international-massage-spa-5863.html

• 4 weeks later...

The web address for www.shyzs.com has changed tohttp://yzs.boyspa.com/There are really good looking masseurs in this web page. Especially number 27, the 19 yo chap from Tong Pei, number 37, 20 yo also from tong Pei.Address is 1157 Hong Qiao Lu, on the 4th floor by the side of a Japanese restaurant.The other place that I highly recommend ishttp://zzd1069.boyspa.com/Lots of gorgeous guys in this massage place. I particularly masseurs number 2, 8, 19, 29 and 77, especially number 2, 20 yo from Shangtung. Good looks, honest and accomodating, but average size below.Address is 201 Zhao Jiang Bang Lu. It is diagonally opposite the Ming Zhu Hotel and the Lu Wan Sports Complex. Number 201 consists of a row of shop houses. By the side, there is a car park entrance which leads to several low level blocks of apartment. There is a big 'massage' sign at apartment 6. The entrance to this massage place is through the back of this apartment.I am sure you will have a good time there. If not, just go into these web addresses and look at the photos of these masseurs.Cheers.

The sites are not in use anymore..

Besides the nightlife venues, are there places like shopping malls, eating places worth exploring?

for sure you would wanna go to TaiKang Road, XuJiaHui, ZhengDa Mall

you could also check out restaurants like Colabo (French) and LuGangXiaoZhen at HongMei Road or the chain YiCha YiZuo (literally translated 'one cup one sit' LOL)

if you want bargains and stuff, check out Pearl City at HongMei Road as well.

peace.love.music

tumblr_notz0hzRSA1svy95mo1_540.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • G_M changed the title to Shanghai ( China ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.