Male HQ

Bromance Discussion + Bromance with My Classmate / Buddy (compiled)

Guest brother

....I am wondering now if I am really gay or it was just bromance I am seeking.

But then again, I might still be gay as I always possess that urge to get physical with a guy :P

Hey bro,

Have not gotten physically hu? :lol:

My advice, just take your time to discover who you really are.

Don't rush into things.

I am sure things will work out just fine!

Guest Sexy

Bromance is sexy! But you can only enjoy it if u remain closeted. Once out its no longer bromance but brodisgusted, and u lose a bro and friend too.

• 1 year later...

LOL....just learnt a new word today...not in the dictionary....bromance. :lol:

Supposedly the non-sexual emotional intimacy between two males...even straight ones!

From the LATimes, about the finale to Boston Legal :

It was a fitting end to the most devoted, and deranged, couple on television. Since the show’s spin-off from “The Practice” five years ago, the friendship between Denny (William Shatner) and Alan (James Spader) has been both the anchor and the pixie dust of Davd E. Kelley’s award-winning show, with each episode ending with the two men out on the balcony, smoking cigars, drinking scotch and talking about the vagaries of the human condition. Through Denny and Alan, Kelley and his writers attempted to explore that elusive creature — male emotional intimacy — and in doing so launched a thousand knockoffs, now known in entertainment media parlance as “bromance.” But none of them hold a candle to the boys of "Boston Legal."

So what if Alan took Denny to be his lawful wedded mostly to avoid tax laws and to ensure power of attorney? He loves the guy, as he managed to say at least 10 times in the course of two hours, which actually became a bit tedious. But Kelley wanted to make it clear: Denny and Alan, together forever, baby whatever.

Can't wait to catch the finale - supposedly a two hours episode. :lol:

I am going to tell all the straight men I have a crush on that we are in a bromantic relationship. See how they react. :hat:

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

• 2 years later...

Well I'm not exactly sure if my scenario is considered a "bromance" or not, but there's this other male classmate in my class whom I often stick around with in school. We're both in our earlier 30s, half a year difference in age whereas the rest of my classmates were like at least 25 or younger. Or in a sense we're of the same age and hence we can talk on the same wavelength and maybe that's why we're closer to each other than to the rest of the class.

Because of the nature of our course, our classmates tend to be rather scattered even during class times, and sometimes he'd wait for me to go to lunch if I have meetings or held-ups, and vice versa, and sometimes when we go to lunch as an entire class, we may sometimes "stray" away to eat on our own (if the place the rest are going is not favourable to either him or me), and when we get back, we sometimes got teased to have gone "pak tor" on our own. Other than lunches and dinners, sometimes when we're allocated to projects, I will be always anxious to know if I'll be assigned to the same project as him, and when that doesn't happen, I'll usually be disappointed.

Having said so, that's so much for our relationship, and I don't foresee us being able to go anywhere further. Other than our age difference and our love for the same genre of music, we're entirely different from one another. We don't share the same kind of hobbies, our personalities are directly opposites (he's ultra-zen while I'm very quick-tempered), have different sense of aesthetics (we're arts students anyway) and different working habits (we don't see eye-to-eye on certain matters, and sometimes the way he do things pisses me off). Most importantly, he's straight with a gf, is never my type of guy and neither am I attracted to him in terms of physique, looks or anything deeper! Hee...

Edited by aycee

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

i been into three years of bromance ....even celebrate our anniversary every year . It is beautiful and sincere.

Congratulations. Just celebrated 15 years of bromance  :D

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

1) Bromance. noun; informal. A close but non-sexual relationship between two men.

2) Yes.

What is Bromance? any sex involved?

EasleyLim has helped to define bromance 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Bromance entails hugging and even light kissing, but not all-out shagging. It's all in the details, and all about excuses to be physically and emotionally close to another guy without the physical making out. Think sharing the same bed, coffee mugs. It's a small step away from drop-your-pants-and-fuck-me-crazy sex

Is kissing your little nephew in the face gross? It's adoration, not lust.

Nope, it isn't But as far as "light kissing" goes, it includes pecks on lips. Which I think is inappropriate for a "bromance". That's just me, however.

Chill yo, i think he mean kiss on the cheek...

I do get kiss from my bro... and he's straight :)

No offense. Before you figure out what intonation I used, please refrain from telling me to chill. It's very rude. +) <3

I've a "brother" in my JC days and we basically did everything together like a pair of twins. Our classmates teased us that we were gays. But that did not stop us from being together. We even sneaked out during CNY eve to go walking around chinatown. There was nothing sexual between us. The closest we get was the chalet after our A level. That night, we shared the same bed. We hugged each other so tight and he whispered that we would continue to see each other even we entered NS. I could feel his erection and my cock was raging hard and leaking with precum too. However, we did not do any further. In the middle of night, I had to jo in the toilet to ease the pain on my bursting cock.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by iamziz

― J'son M. Lee 

it's so hard to tell the difference between bromance and romance

What hard sio... IMO bromance = platonic love.... just love without sex... just like how you love your parents/siblings/relatives

Edited by ThePineapple

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

Bromance, if I'm not wrong, came from "brotherly" and "romance".

It is a type of brotherly love between two guys, non sexual but where you have care, stand up, stand by each other. It is more than just friend.

I have a male friend for more than 15 years, we started out as a normal colleague but ended out the best of friend. When we are poor, we would share one lunch, we would even share our clean underwear with each other when we went over for a shower after a jog. We can talk abut everything under the sun even our sex life even though our characters are miles apart. People are surprise how we end up being the best buddies, even we ourselves are amazed.

But like some people said, there are no such things as best friends between a girl and a straight guy; I was totally infatuated with him in my earlier years, got jealous when he is more closer to other guys or didn't call me when he went out with common friends; but as we grow older, I realised the best bromance that one can have is the one that sit with you throughout the night when you need a listening ear, support you when you need one, gave you a shoulder when you are tired and walked with you when you are lonely.

Btw, he's straight, married with a kid and I'm honour to be the kid's goddad; and also one of his wife best friends. The only secret I kept from him is that I'm a bisexual even though he suspected it but he had never asked me before.

The sweetest thing he done lately to me was that he detoured after his business trip to meet me up in another country to accompany me as I went through something painful.

i don't know if it exist but according to the definition here matches my experienced long time ago.

when i was in a rock band before i met this guy who is in the other rock band and after seeing each other always we became close to each other. We sort of always getting out, getting drunk together and if we are in the group (all boys) we are always sitting together and dont separate one. when it is too late he dont allow me to go home and instead he asked me to sleep over his place. we always send sms asking what we are doing etc. in short we always spent our time only to each other and if someone is not around we are gonna freak out and look for each other (ex. if we are in a gig). to the point that our group of friends are mocking us already that we are bf haha but of course it might be a joke only. so there is no sexual encounter or confession that we like each other it is just pure caring to each other, we dont even care if we are gonna be sweet with each other.

but till now im not sure if it is bromance since it is not your regualr boy to boy friendship, there is a bit flavor of sweetness and caring. i dont know maybe because im gay (which "MAYBE' he dont know that time) so my approach is different so as he.

we separated for almost 7 years, and when we met again after so long (which is recently) nothing changed and we also did the same thing... slept over again in his place, go out, hang out the whole day and he is still sweet as before. btw he just split with his gf :)

i don't know if it exist but according to the definition here matches my experienced long time ago.

when i was in a rock band before i met this guy who is in the other rock band and after seeing each other always we became close to each other. We sort of always getting out, getting drunk together and if we are in the group (all boys) we are always sitting together and dont separate one. when it is too late he dont allow me to go home and instead he asked me to sleep over his place. we always send sms asking what we are doing etc. in short we always spent our time only to each other and if someone is not around we are gonna freak out and look for each other (ex. if we are in a gig). to the point that our group of friends are mocking us already that we are bf haha but of course it might be a joke only. so there is no sexual encounter or confession that we like each other it is just pure caring to each other, we dont even care if we are gonna be sweet with each other.

but till now im not sure if it is bromance since it is not your regualr boy to boy friendship, there is a bit flavor of sweetness and caring. i dont know maybe because im gay (which "MAYBE' he dont know that time) so my approach is different so as he.

we separated for almost 7 years, and when we met again after so long (which is recently) nothing changed and we also did the same thing... slept over again in his place, go out, hang out the whole day and he is still sweet as before. btw he just split with his gf :)

For all you know he is open to suggestions. Nost people are bisexuals, acoording to the kinsey scale anyway.

I was an officer sharing bunk room with a newly passed out young lieutenant in one of the SIR many years ago. We grew close and did everything together. In the evening we would go jogging around the camp or book out for movies in the nearby AMK town. Weekends we would still catch up with movies and coffee. Fellow officers will ask either of us if they were looking for the other party, so it seemed everyone in the camp knew how close we were, surprisingly there was no gossip or maybe I was unaware of.

There was one time when he fell asleep topless, watching his boyish handsome face under the table lamp, I almost wanted to reach out and kiss him, but that would be a risk that can throw me into detention, so I simply switched off the light and pull up the blanket for him before I retired to the bed beside his.

I was falling hopelessly in love with him, and knowing that the rs was not going anywhere , I decided to "break off" with him when I ord, (he has one more year to go). He was quite sad and couldn't understand why I had to stop seeing him after I left camp. I gave him some stupid excuses about work and such. He made a compilation of love songs as a parting gift for me. The last I heard of him he was still not married and with the insurance industry.

Guest 勇敢爱

I was an officer sharing bunk room with a newly passed out young lieutenant in one of the SIR many years ago. We grew close and did everything together. In the evening we would go jogging around the camp or book out for movies in the nearby AMK town. Weekends we would still catch up with movies and coffee. Fellow officers will ask either of us if they were looking for the other party, so it seemed everyone in the camp knew how close we were, surprisingly there was no gossip or maybe I was unaware of.

There was one time when he fell asleep topless, watching his boyish handsome face under the table lamp, I almost wanted to reach out and kiss him, but that would be a risk that can throw me into detention, so I simply switched off the light and pull up the blanket for him before I retired to the bed beside his.

I was falling hopelessly in love with him, and knowing that the rs was not going anywhere , I decided to "break off" with him when I ord, (he has one more year to go). He was quite sad and couldn't understand why I had to stop seeing him after I left camp. I gave him some stupid excuses about work and such. He made a compilation of love songs as a parting gift for me. The last I heard of him he was still not married and with the insurance industry.

Got chance. Go find him.

You broke his heart. Sigh. Since he's not married, I agree with above poster you may have chance.

This is bromance or love affair?

Got chance. Go find him.

You broke his heart. Sigh. Since he's not married, I agree with above poster you may have chance.

That cd compilation is as indicative of his attraction to you as it gets, why didn't you pursue things further back then?!

This is bromance or love affair?

There is definitely no sex or anything physical. He can be very caring, and would get his PA to get me breakfast on those days he had to leave early for platoon training when I could sleep in late.

I think he is straight after all, and he simply treats me as a big brother. He was seeing a girl around the time I was going ord, but he kept it from me. When I found out he said he was afraid I wouldn't approve. I was confused and "hurt" at the same time. That' was one of the reasons I decided to stop seeing him after i ord, in order not to complicate things, not to make matter worse or to give myself false hope.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement, but the bromance happened many years ago, so I'd rather let the episode remains a fond memories for me to keep .

• G_M changed the title to Bromance Discussion + Bromance with My Classmate / Buddy (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.