Male HQ

Food Hunting; Jiak All The Good Foods!

hehe the current char kuay teow thats to my liking is the 1 @ seah im... not the best i agree, but suits my taste...

im currently hunting for herbal mutton soup... there was one very good 1 in jurong but ever since it magically disappeared many yrs ago, i cant find any that is even close to be its substitute... current best i feel is the 1 in beauty world

hehe the current char kuay teow thats to my liking is the 1 @ seah im... not the best i agree, but suits my taste...

im currently hunting for herbal mutton soup... there was one very good 1 in jurong but ever since it magically disappeared many yrs ago, i cant find any that is even close to be its substitute... current best i feel is the 1 in beauty world

You must try the Hill Street one! If in the most unthinkable event that you don't like it...then i'll eat on your behalf haha.

Lost track of where those good mutton soups are found, it's something that won't go wrong, even the worst is still decent me thinks.

120px-Zoso.svg.png

• 1 year later...

It's hardly to find the authentic n tasty local food nowadays.. With manpower crunch, the old generation choose to close the stall.It's been resulted in the quality of local food dropped significantly . .. Personally, I prefer go to the old, " a little bit of dirty" and no air-con food court to hunt for quality n authentic local food...:)

Edited by justin1982

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried a number of Char Kway Teow but the most memorable has to be the one at Redhill Food Centre.

It's not too sweet and there's a certain 'wok mei' to it.

It's located just behind the first row facing the road.

Go early as it closes before 4.30pm

After all, tomorrow is another day. ~ S O'Hara

My bf and I enjoy the tze char from Chow Kee at Tiong Bahru Market/Food Centre.  Its a monthly must-have for both of us, whether it is the sweet-and-sour pork or the salt-pepper slice fish or simple hor fun.  Located in the yellow zone, and closed on Tuesdays.

Instagram @the_meowprince

Push-cart satay... cooked on the spot.  Comes with a to-die-for pineapple sauce. 

Do note he only sells pork satay (with a piece of fat in the middle) so it is non-halal.

095123_zps4117861e.jpg

095124_zps8dbf8e15.jpg

Itinerant hawker, so those who worry about all sorts of germs and stuff can kindly ignore this post.  Thank you.

Instagram @the_meowprince

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.