Male HQ

Female Toilet Cleaners And Underwear Sales Assistants

Guest Guest

In the building where I work, there is a 30-something female Indian toilet cleaner who cleans the male toilet, which is heavily patronised. She cleans the male toilet about 6 times a day in the course of a typical weekday (8 am to 6+ pm).

Why does society deem it acceptable for a female cleaner to clean a men's toilet? Strange isn't it?

Would a man cleaning a female toilet be acceptable?

At departmental stores like John Little and Metro, the sales assistants at the men's underwear area are inevitably female.

And they are trained to volunteer their services, particularly to men who are alone shopping for underwear.

Sorry it's just weird! Guys like me don't need help or recommendation to buy underwear.

Furthermore, buying underwear is a very personal thing, like buying lingerie.

Would these female sales assistants take the advice of a male assistant to buy their bras and lingerie?

Guest Yes MEN

Fully AGREED !!!

Men's underwear section should get a male assistant .. someone well toned and be able to provide some advices to men who are buying underwear.

So far I encountered only Sportsmenasia had such male assistant where they were all so well toned and good looking. Especially their bulges and ass cracks will get you hardon while choosing your underwear...

female toilet cleaners are okay.

as for men underwear, i dun think any sales assistant is needed. u dun need anyone to tell you what model or sizes you should wear. except for SMA, do u think u will see hot toned men promoting underwear to you. and if its uncle, it will be weird too.

Wondering is the cleaning company cldnt employ any male cleaners or wht reasons? How come cleaning of male toilet is done by female cleaner? Manytimes they simply walk in and out freely of the male toilet, sometimes also dun know whether to pee or not to pee! Esp when the female cleaner is mopping the floor very near to ur urinal?!

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Wondering is the cleaning company cldnt employ any male cleaners or wht reasons? How come cleaning of male toilet is done by female cleaner? Manytimes they simply walk in and out freely of the male toilet, sometimes also dun know whether to pee or not to pee! Esp when the female cleaner is mopping the floor very to ur urinal?!

Yes, that was what happened a few times in my case, esp since the urinals are in full view upon entry.

The worst thing was that this Indian lady, she has this perpetually annoyed and expectant look, standing there like a 观音菩萨 eyeing you suspiciously like she can't wait for you to finish, or she suspects you are jerking off at the urinals (when you're not).

We know there's a labour shortage in Singapore and cleaning toilets is a thankless task, but please don't make your life miserable and others' life also miserable by doing such things. Thank you.

Same sentiments. I simply feel uncomfortable seeing a woman inside a men's toilet. The same goes to woman manning a men's underwear section or even menswear. I usually ignore those women sales assistants when browsing underwear. In fact I find it so uneasy I simply have no more mood to browse and would just leave.

This afternoon I was at amk hub and the Crocodile store is having sales on their polo tees and all I could see were those idiotic aunties snatching those men's polo tees which are cheaply on sale. I was like 'com'on, these are men's clothes. Why are u ladies fighting to buy them!!!???'

There's this stupid auntie: right shoulder carrying an auntie's bag, left hand carrying an iPad playing movies and her right hand touching and browsing those polo tees. OH MY GOD!!!

Guest wondering

wow how come every1 got the same thinking as i m ..FULLY AGREED too..i always wonder y especially when come to buying underwear Been for expo sales n intend to buy underwear when this female sales assistant asked me what colour i prefer..Damn it..so paiseh..i blurred a while n told her...Y can't they have a male assistant to promote male stuffs.Wondering...

Haha, I'm currently working as a underwear promoter as a part time job. I personally think u guys are slightly too critical about those female underwear promoters.

Some of you guys may wonder what is the use of these promoters in assisting you when you are purchasing underwear. Well, some customers don't know what size they fit into, so we have to help then measure their waist for them. Some customers would like to feel the texture of the material, some would like to see the size of the underwear and some just want to see the cutting of the underwear.

In fact, I realize that there are more females shopping at the men's underwear department than we males. So yeah.

Glad to see that there are so many decisive people to knows what they want.

Btw, just so you people know, I was laughed at a customer for folding underwear whereas my female colleagues weren't. So society and individuals perceive things in a different way.

Trust me, most of these female promoters are aunties who already have children of their own or who have worked there for quite awhile. So they wouldn't really bother or judge you based on what underwear you choose, even if it has bright colors or it being too skimpy.

Guest Hydronaut

Agree, imagine a male assistant telling a woman how to buy a bra!

Damn salah lah!

You should go watch this movie.... 绝世好bra.... Men can still advise women how to wear a bra lo.... Wahahahahaha....

Well, some customers don't know what size they fit into, so we have to help then measure their waist for them. Some customers would like to feel the texture of the material, some would like to see the size of the underwear and some just want to see the cutting of the underwear.

All these are already on the display racks! :B)

Some of you guys may wonder what is the use of these promoters in assisting you when you are purchasing underwear. Well, some customers don't know what size they fit into, so we have to help then measure their waist for them. Some customers would like to feel the texture of the material, some would like to see the size of the underwear and some just want to see the cutting of the underwear.

We have no doubt some people may need promoters for the reasons you mentioned. But why use FEMALE promoters for MALE underwear?

It's exactly the same as having FEMALE toilet cleaners in MALE toilets.

The gym I go to employs a female cleaner in the gym showers.

You should go watch this movie.... 绝世好bra.... Men can still advise women how to wear a bra lo.... Wahahahahaha....

That must be some kind of 烂片... Bwahahahahahaha...

Wondering is the cleaning company cldnt employ any male cleaners or wht reasons? How come cleaning of male toilet is done by female cleaner? Manytimes they simply walk in and out freely of the male toilet, sometimes also dun know whether to pee or not to pee! Esp when the female cleaner is mopping the floor very near to ur urinal?!

Then u better don't go Suntec. Aiya, just go inside and close door lor. Usually the straight guys totally won't mind at all. Even when the cleaner is scrubbing a few urinals away, they also can pee. Gays including me of course won't like it la. How come u never complain about fathers bringing their daughters inside?

Guest 蒲松龄

In the building where I work, there is a 30-something female Indian toilet cleaner who cleans the male toilet, which is heavily patronised. She cleans the male toilet about 6 times a day in the course of a typical weekday (8 am to 6+ pm).

Why does society deem it acceptable for a female cleaner to clean a men's toilet? Strange isn't it?

Would a man cleaning a female toilet be acceptable?

So suaa-kuu! In China, so common to see women cleaners in-&-out of Men's toilet! These men pee and shit, LP and LJ can be seen dangling and these female cleaners bo-chap!

Singapore see female cleaners in men's toilet macham alien.

At departmental stores like John Little and Metro, the sales assistants at the men's underwear area are inevitably female.

And they are trained to volunteer their services, particularly to men who are alone shopping for underwear.

It is totally alright.

Female assistants there to stock up whatever low in stock.

These female assistants usually "laau-zarr-borh", they see their husband's LJ and LP until 'sian' already.

Sorry it's just weird! Guys like me don't need help or recommendation to buy underwear.

Furthermore, buying underwear is a very personal thing, like buying lingerie.

Would these female sales assistants take the advice of a male assistant to buy their bras and lingerie?

You mean female customers take advice from male assistant to buy female lingerie?

The answer is 'yes'. I lived in Shanghai and Yiwu. There are male sales assistants giving advice to female. There are tons of men doing lingerie business in Yiwu. I see until don't want to see liao.

Only Sillypore can't accept it. Singaporeans find it strange.

Guest 蒲松龄

Low pay!

Only lau-uncle 60years can take that job mah.

Do you expect to get handsome or muscular or young man doing $800 toilet cleaning job. 少壮男人洗厕所,实在没出息。

Generally, I have a strong tolerance towards such things ( socially awkward situation) . I mean theres a reason why its call "public" toilet lol. Which explains why one of my friend only pee pee in "atas and least crowd" malls/hotels/private banking banks toilets.

If all else fails, maybe we should just go into the cubicle for a more private pee pee should we feel uncomfortable, or a bit "paiseh".

Speaking of fathers bringing their daughters into males toilet, its a bit inappropriate, imagine the little ah girl snooping and roaming around the urinals and looking at

grown man's ughm...schlong.

But perhaps, some fathers have no choice but to bring their daugthers in, as mummy not around (busy shopping).

Usually the father attend to the girl first and then relieve himself and the girl got nothing to do but to walk around. Some guys may feel a bit awkward and really uncomfortable.

Perhaps, father should just bring their daughter to the disabled toilet so that male urinals users will not feel awkward or embarrassed.

And regarding Female Underwear Sales Assistants,

I'm generally quite alright with them. Some can be quite nice and calm, while others can get on your nerve by harrassing you to buy their preferred brands or they are promoting certain brands which can be quite annoying. Funny thing, most of the shoppers are female, looking for underwears for their male counterparts. And some clueless shoppers aunties even ask me what size i'm wearing as she is buying for her son.....

Anyway, i usually appeared to be non chalant and be Cool about it. I even suggested some colors haha.

Heres a quite funny pic.

20120206142705K.png

The worst thing was that this Indian lady, she has this perpetually annoyed and expectant look, standing there like a 观音菩萨 eyeing you suspiciously like she can't wait for you to finish, or she suspects you are jerking off at the urinals (when you're not).

So what does the ethnicity of the janitor have to do with your complaints? I noted that you mentioned it twice - does her race somehow make the experience even more negative?

Secondly, If you are uncomfortable with it, don't blame her. She is just doing her job as her superiors asked - if it wasn't this lady, it might be someone else cleaning those 6 times. I doubt anyone loves their toilet cleaning job enough to want to do it voluntarily so many times a day. Contact the building management and write a polite email to them explaining your discomfort instead of posting all over forums - none of us here can help you.

So suaa-kuu! In China, so common to see women cleaners in-&-out of Men's toilet! These men pee and shit, LP and LJ can be seen dangling and these female cleaners bo-chap!

It is totally alright.

These female assistants usually "laau-zarr-borh", they see their husband's LJ and LP until 'sian' already.

You mean female customers take advice from male assistant to buy female lingerie?

The answer is 'yes'. I lived in Shanghai and Yiwu. There are male sales assistants giving advice to female. There are tons of men doing lingerie business in Yiwu. I see until don't want to see liao.

Only Sillypore can't accept it. Singaporeans find it strange.

Yes yes, I find it all very interesting, but this isn't China, so thank you.

Not sure how I should put this.. but maybe it's the sense of "gender belonging"?

You notice the trend in schools?

When it's project work time, all of them flock to their respective genders before separating into smaller groups with the "You shall not pass!" look.

Think it dies out with age.

My mom used to buy my underwears.

As for toilet, I personally feel there should be more handicap toilet as they are gender-free (well, sorta) and it should be easier for father to bring their daughter or mother to bring their son.

Goodness I never want to go to another female toilet again.

https://merlinsfolio.wordpress.com/

https://medium.com/@merlincheng
"On the Internet, no one knows you are a cat."

So what does the ethnicity of the janitor have to do with your complaints? I noted that you mentioned it twice - does her race somehow make the experience even more negative?

The mention of the ethnicity was merely descriptive. For the avoidance of doubt, NOTHING about her race makes the experience more negative.

Please stop reading into words imputations that don't exist.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is Singapore, not China!

It is totally alright.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

First, these female assistants don't just stock up, they also approach single men to make recommendations.

If they go up without being approached for help, I think that's just crossing the line.

Second, who cares if these female assistants are lau char boh or saw their husband's LJ/LP until sian already.

These are OTHER MEN we're talking about. :rolleyes:

Not all men are comfortable with lady sales assistants recommending male underwear, period. :B)

少壮男人洗厕所,实在没出息。

什么没出息,至少人家是踏踏实实地赚血汗钱,没偷没抢,你凭什么侮辱干这行列的年轻人?

• 2 weeks later...

It is only legal for a woman to clean mens toilets or vice versa if you do not object so they should not be walking in to male toilets without anyones permission or vice versa foe men working in female areas. Contact management and complain to Equality &Human Rights Commission.

I observed ONLY some stupid married men need the assistance of their WIFE and FEMALE assistants to help them choose underwear! The wife even dare to ask if the materials is HOT or not ?

Female sales assistants for male underwear -

Maybe it's a strategy - the company thinks that most men had their mothers / girlfriends / wives buying underwear for them so having a motherly-looking female sales assistant is assuring to some male customers. Personally I'd rather shop for my briefs alone, or if the sales assistant is a guy, that's a bonus. However, I think it can be intimidating for a straight guy if the underwear sales assistant is a guy.

Female toilet cleaners - it could be a demand-versus-supply issue. Some hotels/shopping centres have "toilet-cleaning time" signboards on when the cleaners are doing their job. This can solve the icky feeling for both the users and the cleaners.

After all, tomorrow is another day. ~ S O'Hara

Let me try to offer another angle to the female sales people in the male underwear department part.

Checkup this old topic: http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=15188

Straight man (majority of the population) leave the underwear buying to the wife/girl-friend when then are in stable relationship. The straight man only buy their own underwear when they're courting or having a fling.

So it make sense for sales lady to man the underwear department as majority of the time they're handling the wife and girlfriend of the man.

I am surprised why did the govt allow such things to go on. Imagine a female being forced to clean the male toilet! MOM I'd sleeping!

Ur reaction abit too big right. Maybe u are born with a silver spoon and do not understand some people have to work hard for a living and it is a decent job!

Same sentiments. I simply feel uncomfortable seeing a woman inside a men's toilet. The same goes to woman manning a men's underwear section or even menswear. I usually ignore those women sales assistants when browsing underwear. In fact I find it so uneasy I simply have no more mood to browse and would just leave.

Same here!

Then u better don't go Suntec. Aiya, just go inside and close door lor. Usually the straight guys totally won't mind at all. Even when the cleaner is scrubbing a few urinals away, they also can pee. Gays including me of course won't like it la. How come u never complain about fathers bringing their daughters inside?

Even they are scrubbing a few urinals away, i still can stand there to pee lor. But i just dun like how come those female cleaner doesnt be more sensitive.

Father bringing daughters inside is ok if the daughter is very young, and usually they will go inside and close door.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Even they are scrubbing a few urinals away, i still can stand there to pee lor.

Usually gays will not like it and complain. U are very man!!! Next time i go your house clean your toilet basin, and please pee while i scrub your basin, i will peep. :P

Father bringing daughters inside is ok if the daughter is very young, and usually they will go inside and close door.

Problem is after daugher finish business inside, father will come out & pee at urinal, and when father pee, the daughter will be wondering around.

Usually gays will not like it and complain. U are very man!!! Next time i go your house clean your toilet basin, and please pee while i scrub your basin, i will peep. :P

Problem is after daugher finish business inside, father will come out & pee at urinal, and when father pee, the daughter will be wondering around.

Nothing to do with man lah, cos the cleaner is doing the cleaning and not standing there and stare at me while i pee wht, so i cant be bother with the cleaner and i just continue my own business.

True, the daughter will wonder ard the toilet while her father is peeing. Sometimes she might 'look' at the guys peeing at the urinal!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• 2 years later...
Guest Ffvhfbjfchvdhvvgvnj
On 20 January 2013 at 0:15 AM, Guest Guest said:

Yes, that was what happened a few times in my case, esp since the urinals are in full view upon entry.

We know there's a labour shortage in Singapore and cleaning toilets is a thankless task, but please don't make your life miserable and others' life also miserable by doing such things. Thank you.

Lol my experience with female toilet "assistants" is that they are damn impatient, rude and cocky, like they are the manager or superintendent of the toilet lidat? Bumping into such female cleaners in a male toilet is no doubt stressful for me, and i will usually give them the evil eye when they tried to give me attitude like "get lost/out of my fucking face bitch i am cleaning the toilet" or "move away i am the queen diva bitch of male toilets and i am mopping/cleaning/washing the area you are standing on next".

I will felt very intimidated by such females in a MALE toilet. We are doing our private business yet these commandeering toilet queens who are FEMALES obviously want a stake in HOW we run our business. See the irony? 

Underwear selling aunties, on the other hand, can be very respetful, classy but some market spoilers can be very extremely coy and coquettish which is damn irritating for a gay man. Worse is when they stand very close to you in an intimidating and over-assertive mamasan bitch pose while you are browsing and keep pestering you for your size and recommending colors and design while choking you with their overpowering and cheap smelling perfumes.

Can visiting toilets and buying underwear be any more stressful for gay men?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

staying in hostel in overseas uni last time a lot of such things happening. the lady toilet cleaner will just come in and mop mop so close to the urinal. got this chinese boy always come in the morning wearing boxers only and pee super far from the urinal, dick balls everything hanging out and the auntie damn close by dunno if he knows what is going on.

Guest 72%dark

I'm not bothered by female janitors in male toilets or men's underwear saleswomen.

But I did once visit a sex toy shop with every intention of buying stuff, but ended up leaving empty handed because not only was the sales person a woman, but she was a little too … ‘forthcoming’ with her sales recommendations. I definitely felt uncomfortable in that situation (and also doubted she'd have personal experience and insight into some of the male-centric products). I mean, yes, I realize a woman is probably the best choice to cater to the female and straight male clientele, but that knowledge didn't make the feeling any less awkward for me.

On 1/20/2013 at 0:32 AM, outernet said:

This afternoon I was at amk hub and the Crocodile store is having sales on their polo tees and all I could see were those idiotic aunties snatching those men's polo tees which are cheaply on sale. I was like 'com'on, these are men's clothes. Why are u ladies fighting to buy them!!!???'

There's this stupid auntie: right shoulder carrying an auntie's bag, left hand carrying an iPad playing movies and her right hand touching and browsing those polo tees. OH MY GOD!!!

Your mum never bought you or your father/brother clothes ah?

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 11:01 PM, daydreamingfish said:

Your mum never bought you or your father/brother clothes ah?

Probably when I was young and small,(mum will do the purchase) but not when I have grown up
-I m the independent type and I don't like common clothings
Mum will NOT know what underwear and size fits me and "my bro" well

Kekekekeke, so true!!!!

in the real world, no1 should understand a man's size etc better than a woman...

(be it whether u can believe it or not)
a wife usu will prep his husbd's shirt and tie before he is off for work etc

It seems unfair when you think of it: female teachers and cleaners allowed to enter male toilets, etc. For example, a female sales assistant insisted on looking at me after I change into a pair of pants and went to slot her fingers into my hip and stuff (tbh I was comfortable and happy with it since she was being really helpful, but some people may not be). But the whole history of male paedophiles, perverts and sex criminals is really not to our favour when we try to argue that females have too much "liberty" with males and not vice versa. The gay community in sg alone has committed enough high profile sex crimes over the past decade...It's really mortifying...

And one look at the forums here, esp the personals section...would any clear-headed govt official or person not be wary of this community and its detrimental impact to society at large? Gays are uncomfortable with ladies because they are gay...just like the gays who freak out straight guys and make them uncomfortable when they stare at them or try to do sth indecent. 

Occasionally it would be good to think from the point of view of others. #justsaying 

Edited by dreamerboy

• 1 year later...
  • Guest locked this topic