Male HQ

Xiaxue's Blog And Discussion Of Her (Compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Posting critics' photos 'could get blogger sued'

Published on Jun 9, 2012

By Bryna Sim

Ms Wendy Cheng, also known as Xiaxue, took the photos and personal data of her critics from Facebook and posted them on her blog, with comments.

She named and shamed them, and for posting her critics' Facebook photos on her blog, Xiaxue could end up getting sued.

Lawyers said that the 28-year-old blogger could be liable to be sued for copyright infringement.

They said that while the photos she used were publicly accessible, she had published them without the copyright owners' consent.

Said arts and entertainment lawyer Samuel Seow: 'The photographers of the men in the photos own the copyrights. So only these photographers have the right to reproduce the pictures, based on the Copyright Act.'

• 7 months later...

D:.. so many haters x_x

I actually like reading her blog :( except for the advertorials of course

Even though there are things she did that I thought were mean, but it's true anyway. (For example, how she posted the photos and confronted those trolls who insulted her endlessly. Those trolls probably didnt see it coming XD)

I mean, i always thought it's better to be straightforward than trying to be all self-righteous and saying what others do are wrong. like some bo-liao STOMPers

I wonder what happened :/

Edited by Slynn

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

Xiasuay's blog finally taken offline? Pop the champagne!

7 months pregnant and so fat already, still acting like a gyaru dressing in pink skimpy lacy dresses with eyelashes? Please lah!

Guest 蒲松龄

Long should have banned.

1. Bad mouth all Singapore men.

2. Want to be a fake ang-moh. Dye hair golden.

3. Support too much PAP.

Served her right to have her blog banned!

I kinda like reading her blog though. I like how she voices out her opinion openly and how she can make herself stand out from the rest. She is very straightforward and she talks sense. At least she don't just post about her makeup routine daily or whatsoever. She has pretty much interesting point of views on controversial issues and she dares to speak up; despite knowing the fact that her words might spark off some hatred towards herself. That's what makes me look up to her, at least she has the courage to voice out stuffs most of us would hold back.

For the looks part , I think there's nothing wrong bout it. What's wrong about plastic surgery, putting tons of makeup and dyeing her hair blonde? It's her choice anyway. And she looks good too. Since she can pull it off, why not? I mean, everyone wants to look good. There's certainly nothing wrong bout her putting makeup when she's pregnant? (She still has to look presentable, after all she's a celebrity blogger lol) Well, if you're gonna condemn makeup as shallow, then you're nowhere "deep". People wear makeup to look presentable , just like how you wear nice clothes to make yourself look better. So is that shallow? No.

She's a full-time blogger. Blogging is her occupation. Obviously she has to do adverts to earn money too. And she's a female, obviously she will do adverts on female products. duh. -_-

Although sometimes her words might be harsh and the way she deals with the trolls who insulted her might be way too dramatic, but maybe if we'd put ourselves in her shoes , we might probably be able to understand how she feels and probably act the same way if we could. (haters cursed her families and laughed at her parent's divorce . how mean can that be lol)

And blogger blocked her blog due to malware issues. That has nothing to do with her posts. Nothing to rejoice about. So yeah, I hope her blog will be reinstated.

Edited by SEPTIE1234

It's better than I ever even knew.

Rapist son > Slut daughter???

She hasn't even apologised for that remark. Only Talibans come up with monstrous remarks like that.

All the plastic surgeries, make-up and skin are products can never mask a hideous heart.

Yes. That remark is actually quite shocking, and I'm quite taken aback that not more people are voicing their concern about this sexist remark, which is ironic coming from her.

Guest from X blog

Did I already mention I have a thing where I fly into a rage once anyone even vaguely hints that I'm being a bad mom? Well, I do. I've been blocking and deleting idiots telling me not to dye my hair/eat certain food/sleep earlier/wear flat shoes etc.

STFU, JUST STFU. Nobody gives two flying fucks whether you are only concerned for me and my baby ok? I don't need your concern - you are merely a stranger to me and for all I know you could be giving me wrong and stupid advice. Which most likely you are because let's face it, empty vessels make the most noise. If you are not a gynecologist or midwife please stop telling me how to handle my pregnancy. Some of these advice givers are KIDS even.

I don't really know how to explain why it is SO infuriating when people keep dishing pregnancy advice to you. Afterall, most of them meant no harm.

I can only say you will understand once you are pregnant, and my agony is magnified thousand-fold because I made my pregnancy a "public" thing.

When my friend got pregnant in 2010 I was very excited about her pregnancy... We weren't close enough to always meet up so I'd always check her facebook for more updates. But to my surprise after her initial announcement and some preggie status updates afterwards, she no longer talked about the baby at all.

For a few months I was scared to ask her why, because I thought she perhaps lost the child. But eventually I did and I asked why she no longer talked about her baby online... She said she didn't want to because these naggy people kept dishing her advice and telling her what to do. She hated it.

I was really confused and at that point thought she was crazy... I thought it was mean of her not to share when some of us genuinely care, just because of some of the irritating people. Surely they shouldn't be such a big deal?

BUT NOW I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND. TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY.

Just imagine - you are the only carrying your child. It is inside you and you love it with all your heart and want the best for it.

But all these people, who are sacrificing nothing for your kid really, keep correcting your parenting decisions like you are a selfish, bad person. Some of them are moms and are clearly judging you and insinuating that they are better moms than you are.

It isn't that bad if they are family or friends, but when they are complete strangers?? Even worse!

What makes these people think they can tell others what to do with their bodies or their lives?

I think she looks average for an asian. The only thing that stands out, is her hair colour.

don't think she dare to go out without thick layer of makeup on face, btw, from your dp, think you look more woman then she.

I think she's pretty interesting... no one really forced anyone to read her blog but seeing how many hits and attention she has garnered over the years because of a blog, I would say she's a pretty smart lady who knows what to do to bring her into the limelight.

anigif_enhanced-5397-1408658439-1.gif

I am mortified for those who read her blog regularly.

Please, expand your literary taste more.

This isn't someone you should be reading consistently.

Siah-Suay.

Well said! :clap: :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

Siah-Suay.

LOL, great one there flawless :clap:

• 8 months later...
Guest TengFuRui

Bottom line here people, if you don't like her work, don't read them, avoid them and go on with life. The blog is up for target audiences which indeed finds her posts and adverts useful. So if you believe its shallow and not to your liking then get the hell out, one less hater could make someone's day.

Guest TengFuRui

Siah-Suay.

I am more mortified at people who gets mortified at people who reads to their liking and preference. As you see or rather fail to see not so flawless super flawless, reading her frank and straight to the point posts could possibly be a form of literary expansion for many. I for one thinks her brave and straight forward way of speaking and writing is a breath of fresh air from the liars and idiots in my trial courts. As for you, i believe you need to find another past time for telling people what to and not to read doesnt suit you. Make a blog for example and let us see how way better you are, if thats even possible.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

http://xiaxue.blogspot.sg/2014/12/the-big-gushcloud-expose.html

Xiaxue exposes Gushcloud, alleging that the social media influencer company had in a newspaper article inflated its earnings. 

She also raised questions about its financial reports.

She said the company had asked bloggers or social media influencers in its stable to mask advertisements as normal posts, and alleged that they faked blogger statistics and YouTube views.

Seriously, who has the mood/time for all these petty blogospherical tussles. 

Look! Santa's sledge just flew past! 

Notti notti .. LOL

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

• G_M locked and locked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.