Male HQ

Xiaxue's Blog And Discussion Of Her (Compiled)

Guest Guest

and she has a lot of free time, don't forget that 

i dont have good impression about her....

All i know is that shes a very famous (top) blogger, did a lot of homework for her blogs, very daring and ang mo very good.

Cooking is my passion. Music is my life. Reading is my sanity. 

Bitching about you keeps me happy. 

"People fear because of a lack of understanding, and a lack of understanding comes from a lack of proper communication on both parties, so to resolve fear we need to first resolve communication"

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/gushcloud-explores-legal/1546562.html

SINGAPORE: Social media marketing agency Gushcloud said it is taking legal advice over a post by blogger Wendy Cheng, known online as Xiaxue.

"Ms Cheng's allegations are inaccurate. We think that the blog post was calculated to disparage and injure our reputation," the Singapore startup said in a statement posted on Instagram on Tuesday (Dec 23), along with the hashtag #FaithInGushcloud.

In a lengthy post uploaded on Tuesday morning titled "The Big Gushcloud Expose", Ms Cheng said Gushcloud had inflated its earnings in a newspaper article and she also raised questions about its financial reports.

She also said the company had asked bloggers or social media influencers in its stable to mask advertisements as normal posts, and alleged that they faked blogger statistics and YouTube views

Ms Cheng, who is signed on to Gushcloud rival Nuffnang, wrote in her post: "You have every reason to think I have an ulterior motive for writing this - an unflattering blog entry about a rival company who promotes rival bloggers taking a share of the online advertising pie."

"However I hope you believe I only wrote this because I believe lies and immoral practices should be exposed, not for my personal monetary benefit," she added.

Ms Cheng said she had been waiting for more than a year to gather evidence, and had even created a fake company with a website for her investigation.

Without giving details, Gushcloud said the timing of Ms Cheng's blog post "speaks for itself". The company said it reserves all rights against her in relation to the post.

Supporters of Ms Cheng responded to Gushcloud's post with the hashtag #FaithInXiaxue. 
Ms Cheng is Asia Pacific's top blogger, with an average of 40,000 views on her blog daily.

- CNA/ly

http://mothership.sg/2014/12/5-mistakes-gushcloud-made-right-after-xiaxue-went-to-war-with-them/

5 mistakes Gushcloud made right after Xiaxue went to war with them

December 24, 2014

And one solution that Gushcloud should've done to fix this entire thing, but haven't.

“Top Singaporean blogger Xiaxue has an exposé on you.”

These words are enough to make regular Singaporeans shut down all of his/ her online accounts and migrate to Perth to hide.

But what if you are a real company that has a real reputation to protect? What should you not do?

This is the situation facing Singapore-based blogger advertising network Gushcloud yesterday morning.

Gushcloud received an early Christmas day present from Xiaxue, who wrote a lengthy blog post that accused the company of inflating its revenues and its bloggers’ influence.

Gushcloud is supposedly the social media expert here, so we thought they would come up with some revolutionary strategy in crisis communications.

Instead, Gushcloud has provided the online world a lesson on what NOT to do when you are faced with a crisis online.

1. Release a statement threatening to sue their accuser. 

What this means: Adopting a legal measure to protect one’s reputation has proven successful in Singapore. Just look at how popular certain politicians have become after bringing in the legal hammer. I’m sure Gushcloud wants to be just like them. Not.

2. Release a statement four hours after Xiaxue’s blog post, threatening to sue her.

What this means: 4 hours is a long, long time in the online world. For a network that supposedly manages “more than 10,000 top influencers”, the least Gushcloud could do was to persuade several bloggers to defend its reputation or rebut Xiaxue’s allegations immediately.

3. When a Gushcloud-affiliated site writes about the incident, it could do more than just reproduce Gushcloud’s entire statement

At least the platform is honest enough to declare that Gushcloud is a shareholder. Vulcan Post announced on 19 Dec that it received six-figure funding from Gushcloud.

Vulcan_Post.jpg

What this means: The article is indeed as balanced as how the mainstream media would cover the news in Singapore. But where were the hard questions, Vulcan Post?

Check out how TechinAsia did their piece: “Gushcloud did not address the specific allegations brought up by Xiaxue, but issued a statement saying that the article is inaccurate”.

4. Gushcloud did not address the specific allegations against them when they had the chance. 

Techinasia.jpg

Xiaxue’s allegations that Gushcloud inflated their own earnings, blogger statistics and Youtube views are pretty persuasive for a lay reader. Why? She managed to gather data and screenshots of conversations to support her assertion.

And what was Gushcloud’s reply?

“The article is inaccurate”.

“The Blog Post was calculated to disparage and injure our reputation”.

“The timing of the release of the Blog Post also speaks for itself.”

What this means: Although Gushcloud issued a statement to say that Xiaxue’s article is inaccurate, it did not provide proof on why Xiaxue was wrong. If you read TechinAsia‘s article, you notice that Nuffnang, the rival Singapore-based agency that Xiaxue is associated with, is more forthcoming in its replies to the reporter’s queries.

5. Rallying all your own social media influencers to ask their followers to just have faith in you.

FaithInGushcloud3.jpg

FaithInGushcloud2.jpg

FaithInGushcloud1.jpg

What this means: It’s Christmas but let’s leave faith out of this online squabble, shall we?

And sometimes, a hashtag can be more like a lightning rod for criticism:

Capture11.jpg

The solution Gushcloud should have taken instead of a hashtag movement:

To find the solution, we must first understand what Gushcloud wants out of this.

The most obvious would be to preserve their reputation amongst their paying advertisers. These are the people who give Gushcloud money for advertisement content; and if what Xiaxue says is true, they are being taken for a ride with their advertising dollars.

The most damning of ‘evidence’ that Xiaxue provided in her exposé were the Google Analytics statistics of Gushcloud bloggers which were reportedly lower than what Gushcloud claimed to advertisers.

If Gushcloud stated that the exposé was inaccurate, the easiest and most effective way for them to correct any misconception and end this pointless saga is to provide the accurate figures. Threatening to sue Xiaxue would not repair any damage to Gushcloud’s reputation. Providing evidence would.

This could have easily been done within the four hours it took Gushcloud to produce their non-conclusive statement. Dragging this thing out is doing more harm than good for them.

Also, there is no excuse for Gushcloud to say that the viewership figures provided by them are actually inflated by the bloggers themselves. As a network that acts as an agent for these bloggers and selling their services to advertisers, Gushcloud has to do their due diligence to ensure that viewership figures are not fabricated.

In the event that Xiaxue is actually correct in her assertions, a lawsuit is the last thing Gushcloud wants to pursue. Nothing like a nail in the coffin losing a suit and being counter-sued for damages and cost.

*[update: Dec.24] Gushcloud Co-Founder Althea Lim has responded to Xiaxue’s accusations on Vulcan Post, urging the online world to stand up against Xiaxue’s “bullying antics”. She provides YouTube statistics but she has yet to address the specific allegations about Gushcloud’s inflation of their own earnings and blogger website statistics.

I applaud her for spending time to expose gushcloud's unethical means of advertising/earning money etc.

It's harming the blogging industry and nobody can deny that.

It's also disheartening that self-righteous pages like SMRT LTD(feedback) would jump on the bandwagon and "threaten" to expose her.

Seriously, since when did trolls care more about being liked by the brain dead majority than standing up for what is right?

For a blogger, she should know that No Publicity is Bad Publicity.

And she has inadvertently helped her "competitor". LOL!

Bad publicity won't get you any business.

Edited by xLeviathan

tumblr_n9n7xvNGWg1r5a08so1_1280.gif

This is Mr. Vincent Ha's response.It looks pretty professional and well written. He admits mistakes several mistakes that have been made by GC, but his rebuttals to XX's points are rather well elaborated, make sense, and seem valid.

I applaud her for spending time to expose gushcloud's unethical means of advertising/earning money etc.

It's harming the blogging industry and nobody can deny that.

It's also disheartening that self-righteous pages like SMRT LTD(feedback) would jump on the bandwagon and "threaten" to expose her.

Seriously, since when did trolls care more about being liked by the brain dead majority than standing up for what is right?

Bad publicity won't get you any business.

What are you basing their jumping "on the bandwagon" on, and why do you think the people who decide to stand against XX are "the brain dead majority"? Because with Mr. Ha's response, I really don't think XX comes out of this looking too good.

Knowing nothing about either NN or GC or the blooging advertising industry, could you point out any evidence about GC's "unethical means of advertising/earning money" other than her post? Cause right now it just seems like a "my word vs your word" issue...

Edited by MinCalD

This xx is also very guai lan. The way she talk and all. Think the smrt (feedback) is also into the war now Liao. Popcorn time!

Yes, someone has to teach that xx a lesson. She herself spat lots of vulgarity in others and calling ppl kids ugly etc. but block ppl who write against her. She's short like a dwarf and got her face rearranged by plastic surgeon.

LOL. Honestly speaking, I don't care about either SMRT or XX, but I think SMRT is funny.

I don't know how to do the coding for the counter itself and I'm not about to pretend I do, but I took a look at the "inspect element" thing yesterday when I read it the first time, and I read it again today. But the "visitors past week" counter?

Today, it's increasing at the exact same rate per second. About 10 views per 3-4 seconds, split up fantastically evenly (I timed it).

Yesterday, it was increasing at about 10 views per 15-20 seconds. Once again, this was perfectly evenly. 

Anyone who studies statistics and probability knows that this is extremely unlikely. Not the number of pageviews she has, but the frequency at which they increase. The time between one pageview and the next is exactly the same.

Score 1 to SMRT.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Guest

What on earth is a Lifestyle entrepreneur?

You know how to Google? << Political reference removed >>

Anyway, serves XiaXue right! I really hope the entire blogosphere follow the same as with Grace Tan and bash her out of cyberspace for good.

• 7 months later...
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.