Male HQ

Go Nuts Over Donuts

Just read in today New Paper that the original US Dunkin' Donuts 'is back', and it's 'the real thing, not a local version of it.'

It's only available online- you order and they deliver it to you- 27 flavours available including Bavarian Kreme, Choc Mint, Cinnamon and Swiss Milk Choc. According to the 18-year-old-boy behind this venture, the donuts arrive 'fresh and are not oily.' A box of 6 donuts cost $8.40. No delivery charge.

To order go to http://dunkindonuts.zlhub.com or call 81610242

• 3 weeks later...
Bought also donuts from Batam Centre's outlet in one big shopping centre (near ferry terminal) and it's cheap and good and the whole at home enjoy it :thumb:

I think the donut you are talking about it called 'JCo' Donut cum Coffee Outlet which located in Shopping Centre where the Matahari Dept Store & Supermarket is located. One box cost S$8. No bad too.

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

• 2 weeks later...

OMG .... everywhere people is queueing for donuts in VivoCity, in Raffles City, in Suntec .... inside the Q's are office ladies, men in executive wear, aunties and uncles .... I am just wondering what so nice of this sugar or syrup 'heavily" coated "bread". People queueing because other people is queueing and so they must also queue .... and the queue is not short. Their faces are fully of excitement. Women and even men are chatting excitedly in the queue.

Just wait for another 2 months, it will be like bubble tea and also the once "very popular" RotiBoy/RotiPapa/RotiMama/RotiWhat-ever ....

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta eat to enjoy life man!

Nowadays i have only 1-2 good original krispy kreme every few months. And i dun queue.. I dun see the point of standing for a long time for it ;)

Korea's is better than HKG. The one in the heart of Seoul sells hot ones.. And everything just melt in ur mouth.. Ooohhh... Hehe

• 3 months later...

I have a feeling that the Donut Bubble is going to burst... less and less people are queueing up for Donuts it seems... i walked past the Vivo one last week and was surprised to see nobody buying it, at dinner peak hrs some more.

What do u Bros think? Singaporean finally realizing how fattening donuts can be?! hehe :D

Koh Samui, I need u...

Plaza Sing also no more people queueing... But then again, the donuts are PS and Vivo dun taste as good as the rest... They're either too sweet or too bland... Anyway, most donuts are just horribly oily...

In a way, am glad no one is queueing up... its so weird seeing so many people queue so long for donuts...

But there are still queues at Raffles City and Suntec...

• 1 month later...

Finally bought my first donut from Donut Factory and, guess what, I didnt have to queue this morning. Granted its a monday morning but, unlike in the past, where a snaking queue would already be formed (so much so they have to provide a divider along the walkway), this time only one person in front. Either the timing is too early or the fad for designer donuts is over. I hope its the latter.

Anyway, its a very good donuts. The dough was really soft and so lovely to bite into. And the chocolate sauce just oozed out like free like that. Very good. Into my second donut, also chocolate but with lemon filling- even better. I think it tasted so good is because I ate it immediately after its packed. So the chocolate is hot (the person in front and behind bought the blueberry- guess that must be good), But too much of a good thing can also be bad. After biting and licking off the chocolate larva from the donuts and my fingers, I almost felt kind of sick of donuts. Just too rich and sweet. But at least I now know why there was a hugh fan base for Donut Factory and not other shops. Will buy again (when there's no queue!!) :D

My god, the double choco donut is a killer...

Its a killer alright. choking your arteries and spiking up your sugar level. But hey, we got to enjoy life sometimes right?

• 3 weeks later...

erm.. just wondering why u guys love the donuts so much.. I cant really taste much from the donuts except the sugar and the add-ons ie choc, cream etc..

I think the best was when i used to make it long long time ago. The pastry is actually flour mixed with sweet potatoes.. U get a bit of sweet potatoes flavour and its sweetness. Just plan natural taste and not too sweet.

Oh yes, had some krispy creme donuts wen i was in dubai last dec.. Nice Meh ?? Someone bought a box of 12 donuts and we had a tough time trying to finish them... Like it took us 3 days and have to throw away 4 donuts somemore..

Live A Life, Live it Well. Be Forgiving, All will be Well.

• 1 month later...

I like Big Apple donuts in Malaysia. They have many branches in KL. Not too sweet and have lots of variety. RM2 for 1 donut. RM9.5 for half a dozen and RM17.5 for a dozen. If you're visiting KL and happen to see the outlets, must try.

(don't know whether singapore have outlets...)

hey bro happy.99, u are right, i totally agree with u. I have a sweet tooth, but the donuts sold at Munchy D and D Factory are all ridiculously sweet... can u believe it, they put kaya and chocolate in a fried dough! Goodness...

i think they are trying to make local flavour to make it more attractive. however i would say it is just cheap donut dressed up that is all. you guys must try krispy creme and you can taste the diff.

Edited by happy.99

I like Big Apple donuts in Malaysia. They have many branches in KL. Not too sweet and have lots of variety. RM2 for 1 donut. RM9.5 for half a dozen and RM17.5 for a dozen. If you're visiting KL and happen to see the outlets, must try.

Those going for the BW KL trip, extra extra! Watch out for Redken's recommendation "Big Apple Donuts"!

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really cannot understand the recent craze with donuts. Dunkin was crap first time round, Krispy Kreme is over rated and so expensive. If you ever get to travel, you will find that the supermarket donuts (baked fresh) in supermarkets much nicer.

My personal favourite is the italian donut at Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne, where they operate out of a caravan.

call me a purist...

I prefer real doughnuts... i.e. just the doughnut and powdered sugar with nothing else added...

and you dunk it in BLACK SWEET coffee, freshly brewed...

all these fangled add ons, so called varieties, etc...

just wait till they put fresh ice-cream on your sizzling carpetbag steak... ... variety...

b

Seems like the queue has shifted to a new donut chain- J.CO at City Hall. I took a peek and the variations of donuts look mighty tempting. It took 100% of my self control to walk away as I am on diet and bought myself a peanut pancake and soya milk instead. The demand for Donut Factory seems to have fizzled out totally.

haha...bearlover u want? it's cumbersome..but still alright la...they can squeeze 12 into a box for 6..and 24 into a box for 12...double layer...just that end product might be a little squashed...

so far only nfb want...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.