Male HQ

Any Places With Good Japanese Food.

5 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Good assessmt!!!! Esp infering at nihon mura

- long q by youngsters and sporeans

next is the itacho fr HK!

LOL, then you avoid them la, since you claim you are so high class like a wagyu beef.

LOL

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Recently discovered Shinigawa Ramen & Izakaya, at International Plaza. If book on Eatigo can get 50% discount, and the salmon-unagi roll ends up only around $8, super scrumptious!:thumb:

but for 50% , did u go in at an early timing or very late timing?

12 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

but for 50% , did u go in at an early timing or very late timing?

It was 6pm dinner, and 6.30 dinner was also available. The ebi salad was also spectacular. I used to go for Tampopo, Momiji etc. but Shinagawa (as long as discount is available) is my new favourite!:D

2 hours ago, Cube3 said:

It was 6pm dinner, and 6.30 dinner was also available. The ebi salad was also spectacular. I used to go for Tampopo, Momiji etc. but Shinagawa (as long as discount is available) is my new favourite!:D

6pm already 50% on everything?????

• 1 month later...

Went to Kuro Maguro – Maguro (Tuna) Speciality Donburi And Sashimi Restaurant At Tanjong Pagar Centre.

Its a great place and would highly recommend. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

kuromaguro7.jpg

The brand uses the technique called ‘super frozen’ to freeze its maguro at minus 60 degrees Celsius, and also ships the freshest maguro from the trawler directly, and hence is able to keep prices competitive.

kuromaguro6.jpg

Lunch focuses on 18 different donburi, with options such as Otoro Meshi ($32.80), which features marbled tuna belly; Salmon Oyako Meshi (S$20.80) with salmon chunks and juicy roe; Salmon Toro Aburi Meshi ($24.80) in which salmon is flame-seared upon serving.

kuromaguro5.jpg

Ingredients wise, the bowl had proportionally more maguro pieces, complemented with fluffy Japanese rice which was tasty on its own.

My qualms with some other barachirashi bowls is that the short-grain rice used may not be of the best quality, and diners had to depend on (too much) seasoning. This had no such problem.

The dinner offers both donburi and sashimi.

There are offerings of Maguro ($38++ for 3-cut, $38++ for 5 cut), Chūtoro (medium fatty tuna, $38++), Otoro (lowest section of tuna belly, $58++), Kamatoro (collar bone of bluefin tuna, $18++), Amaebi (sweet shrimp, $12++) and Hotate ($24++).

If you are not a fan of Maguro, perhaps you were disappointed with previous less desirable experiences with dark-red coloured tuna sashimi. Give this a chance, and you would be greeted with pinker, fresh tasting sashimi with rich, buttery flavour.

Kuro Maguro
Tanjong Pagar Centre, 7 Wallich Street #01-04 Singapore 078884 (Tanjong Pagar MRT)
Tel: +65 6386 8561
Opening Hours: 11.30am – 2:00pm, 5.30pm – 10:00pm (Mon – Sun)
Last Order 10:00pm (Mon – Sat) Last order 9:00pm (Sun)

Maguro Donya Miuramisakikou Sushi & Dining
3 Temasek Boulevard, Suntec City North Wing #03-314 Singapore 038983 (City Hall MRT, Promenade MRT)
Tel: +65 66545054
Opening Hours: 11.30am – 10pm

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:17 PM, Ethan_Oleh said:

Went to Kuro Maguro – Maguro (Tuna) Speciality Donburi And Sashimi Restaurant At Tanjong Pagar Centre.

Its a great place and would highly recommend. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

kuromaguro7.jpg

The brand uses the technique called ‘super frozen’ to freeze its maguro at minus 60 degrees Celsius, and also ships the freshest maguro from the trawler directly, and hence is able to keep prices competitive.

kuromaguro6.jpg

Lunch focuses on 18 different donburi, with options such as Otoro Meshi ($32.80), which features marbled tuna belly; Salmon Oyako Meshi (S$20.80) with salmon chunks and juicy roe; Salmon Toro Aburi Meshi ($24.80) in which salmon is flame-seared upon serving.

kuromaguro5.jpg

Ingredients wise, the bowl had proportionally more maguro pieces, complemented with fluffy Japanese rice which was tasty on its own.

My qualms with some other barachirashi bowls is that the short-grain rice used may not be of the best quality, and diners had to depend on (too much) seasoning. This had no such problem.

The dinner offers both donburi and sashimi.

There are offerings of Maguro ($38++ for 3-cut, $38++ for 5 cut), Chūtoro (medium fatty tuna, $38++), Otoro (lowest section of tuna belly, $58++), Kamatoro (collar bone of bluefin tuna, $18++), Amaebi (sweet shrimp, $12++) and Hotate ($24++).

If you are not a fan of Maguro, perhaps you were disappointed with previous less desirable experiences with dark-red coloured tuna sashimi. Give this a chance, and you would be greeted with pinker, fresh tasting sashimi with rich, buttery flavour.

Kuro Maguro
Tanjong Pagar Centre, 7 Wallich Street #01-04 Singapore 078884 (Tanjong Pagar MRT)
Tel: +65 6386 8561
Opening Hours: 11.30am – 2:00pm, 5.30pm – 10:00pm (Mon – Sun)
Last Order 10:00pm (Mon – Sat) Last order 9:00pm (Sun)

Maguro Donya Miuramisakikou Sushi & Dining
3 Temasek Boulevard, Suntec City North Wing #03-314 Singapore 038983 (City Hall MRT, Promenade MRT)
Tel: +65 66545054
Opening Hours: 11.30am – 10pm

wat s that 2nd pic?

Expensive?

what is 3 cut? 3 pc

My favourite Japanese restaurants in Singapore:

1. Tomi Sushi (outlets in Millenia Walk, VeloCity @ Novena, Katong V & Cuppage) - Not the cheapest, but their range of seasonal fish is fabulous!

2. Chikuyotei (outlets at Intercontinental Hotel Bugis & UE Square) - Still the best unagi in Singapore!

3. Santouka (outlets at Cuppage and Central Mall) - Their toroniku ramen is wonderful, even if their standards have dropped slightly.

4. Tenshin (Regent Hotel) - The best tempura in Singapore.

Слава Україні!

• 2 weeks later...

Ramen store @ OG Orchard Point - they have in variations such as Pork Soup, Chicken Soup and Miso Soup! However, they do add in Red Oil and Black Oil, which I think it was rather unhealthy, thus would strongly advise not to. Thin and clear broth, if you are looking for nice broth that is easy to swallow.

Ramen store @ Four Seasons (BUGIS) Free flow of Hard Boiled Eggs. Ramen is served with 4 different variations, according to the 4 seasons. Broth is thicker, if you lick thick broth, this could be your alternative.

Ramen store @ Square 2 - specialty is their volcano ramen, where your ramen is cooked with your broth in a hot stone bowl, just like your pepper lunch, with a cover on top, which helps to boil your soup in it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 4/14/2013 at 9:41 AM, Ethan_Oleh said:

This is another of my favourite japanese restaurant located at far east plaza. :thumb:

http://www.nanbantei.com.sg/

Sashimi & Yakitori Course $37  

Yakitori Course $37

Dessert

Shiratama Zenzai $3.50

(Red Bean Sweet)

Fully agree with Ethan_Oleh about Nanbantei.  It has been around since Far East Plaza opened in 1982.  And I have been patronising this restaurant since then and still happy with it.  Very good ala carte yakitori served during dinner.  Also is a perfect place for a reasonably economical set lunch if you are shopping in the vicinity.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the post in a sense that normally its true that for a Jap eatery to be good you would tell by it having Japanese customers...the places I state and have tried did occasionally have some Japanese customers entering the eateries during the times I ate there...so here goes in no ranking order...and yes..i did like the foods at these eateries..and pasieh....i duno how to eat those expensive type jap eateries with omakase and all that cos i dun eat sashimi one haha...

1. Ootoya (Orchard Central outlet)

2. Yayoi (especially Liang Court's outlet)

3. Tanuki Raw (Orchard Central outlet)

4.Tatsuya (only for set lunch)

5. Marutama Ramen (Liang Court outlet)

6. Butahage 

7. Nanbantei

8. Ryoshi Sushi Ikeikemaru (Liang Court outlet)

9. Okinawan Diner Nirai-Kanai

10. Sapporo Ramen Miharu

11. Hamburg Steak Keisuke

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I celebrated my wedding anniversary at Hide Yamamoto @ Marina Bay Sands.  It was fabulous.

We had the Itadaki teppan yaki dinner costing $398++ per person but it was worth every penny we paid.

The whole abalone, lobster and wagyu chateaubriand was out of this world!!!  Was also happy with the black truffle chawan munshi.

All in sex is fair.

On 4/6/2018 at 12:17 PM, juzabishanguy said:

I agree with the post in a sense that normally its true that for a Jap eatery to be good you would tell by it having Japanese customers...the places I state and have tried did occasionally have some Japanese customers entering the eateries during the times I ate there...so here goes in no ranking order...and yes..i did like the foods at these eateries..and pasieh....i duno how to eat those expensive type jap eateries with omakase and all that cos i dun eat sashimi one haha...

6. Butahage 

7. Nanbantei

10. Sapporo Ramen Miharu

The one that I really enjoy and have been patronising for the past 25 years or so is Nanbantei at Far East Plaza.  Get there early as there are very few seats around the counter.

All in sex is fair.

• 3 months later...
On 4/23/2018 at 9:50 AM, kimlo777 said:

The one that I really enjoy and have been patronising for the past 25 years or so is Nanbantei at Far East Plaza.  Get there early as there are very few seats around the counter.

Yes the yakitori there is outstanding! :thumb:

• 7 months later...
On 3/23/2017 at 9:33 PM, royalcheesecake said:

Ramen store @ OG Orchard Point - they have in variations such as Pork Soup, Chicken Soup and Miso Soup! However, they do add in Red Oil and Black Oil, which I think it was rather unhealthy, thus would strongly advise not to. Thin and clear broth, if you are looking for nice broth that is easy to swallow.

Ramen store @ Four Seasons (BUGIS) Free flow of Hard Boiled Eggs. Ramen is served with 4 different variations, according to the 4 seasons. Broth is thicker, if you lick thick broth, this could be your alternative.

Ramen store @ Square 2 - specialty is their volcano ramen, where your ramen is cooked with your broth in a hot stone bowl, just like your pepper lunch, with a cover on top, which helps to boil your soup in it.

Hey!
among these 3 which is the most tasty to u?

dont rem anything of that in OG orch point, usu high fashion and youngsters will not go OG

On 4/6/2018 at 12:17 PM, juzabishanguy said:

6. Butahage 

7. Nanbantei

10. Sapporo Ramen Miharu

nt a bad shortlisting, esp at Liang Court, u know where r the eatery for Japanese indeed!

What a waste u dont take raw/sashimi 

On 9/15/2016 at 9:22 PM, lookseelooksee said:

The best sushi is to be found at  Ishinomaki Grill & Sake Bar at the basement of Palais Renaissance, Orchard Road. Fresh and beautifully made. Not expensive at all considering the quality. Ever since I discovered this place, I refuse to eat sushi anywhere else in Singapore, it is that good.

when will there be such a gathering? esp it is at Orch and (not ex)

even after opening for years, (+ w new outlet) , it is still long queue!!!
I queued during evening (thinking it is less hotter ) - yes i m the first 3 customers as usual, u can imagine how early i m there "camping" for it
why long queue?
Cos fresh from Jp, u hve no complaints after eating
I dislike non-authentic ones

none of u tried?
many friends told me Jp food is plain boring cos it is all about Ramen and sushi, i think they r so wrong if they made such assumption
just like many assumed that gout is due to beef and seafood (high in protein), if that is the case, then there will be many japanese having gout (since their cuisine is all about beef and food)

Waa Cow(Marina One)

My All Time Favourite!My All Time Favourite

Every visit with no hesitation I will be ordering the mentaiko wagyu beef bowl!! The wagyu beef is tender and so yums! It’s addictive!!

5 Straits View
#01-09 Marina One The Heart
Singapore 018935

(open in Google Maps)
Opening icon

Today:
11:30am - 02:30pm
05:00pm - 10:00pm

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Guest Expose
4 hours ago, Ethan_Oleh said:

Waa Cow(Marina One)

Every visit with no hesitation I will be ordering the mentaiko wagyu beef bowl!! The wagyu beef is tender and so yums! It’s addictive!!

5 Straits View
Singapore 018935

(open in Google Maps)
Opening icon

Today:

Are you Jasmine Yun? Why are you so shameless always copying and pasting other peoples pictures, comment and content in this forum and pretending they are yours? 

who is jasmine?

I think it will be good to directly copy the hyperlink for us to view directly, Ethan is just eager to share with us all sort of jp food and cakes 
i told Riverrobbes the same thing, it is not ok to copy others' works/pics

use such mtd:

Guest Expose
1 hour ago, -Ignored- said:

who is jasmine?

I think it will be good to directly copy the hyperlink for us to view directly, Ethan is just eager to share with us all sort of jp food and cakes 
i told Riverrobbes the same thing, it is not ok to copy others' works/pics

use such mtd:

If you follow some of the other food threads in the past, you'd notice he responds to some of the queries on his 'reviews' like he is the one who made those 'reviews' in the first place.

https://www.burpple.com/f/A9rU5ET4

ooooops!!!

pls respect the works and data of others , always cite and quote (even though this is not a dissertation)
And to add on some own comments 
I thought that such words are his too:

My All Time Favourite

If too troublesome, better dont post, dont have to spend so much time doing it

Guest Expose
49 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

ooooops!!!

pls respect the works and data of others , always cite and quote (even though this is not a dissertation)
And to add on some own comments 
I thought that such words are his too:

My All Time Favourite

If too troublesome, better dont post, dont have to spend so much time doing it

O no, definitely not his. Some other threads he deliberately edit out the original author's name and paste everything else wholesale, and some readers think he's some lifestyle guru. Eg,

Guest Sport-coholic
On 3/6/2019 at 1:24 PM, -Ignored- said:

even after opening for years, (+ w new outlet) , it is still long queue!!!
I queued during evening (thinking it is less hotter ) - yes i m the first 3 customers as usual, u can imagine how early i m there "camping" for it
why long queue?
Cos fresh from Jp, u hve no complaints after eating
I dislike non-authentic ones

none of u tried?
many friends told me Jp food is plain boring cos it is all about Ramen and sushi, i think they r so wrong if they made such assumption
just like many assumed that gout is due to beef and seafood (high in protein), if that is the case, then there will be many japanese having gout (since their cuisine is all about beef and food)

Tried the Bugis branch once. Yep, nice. :thumb:

2 hours ago, lookseelooksee said:

Bro, you organise a gathering lah, I promise to go.

Sorry loh

i dont usu organise events that i m nt sure of the venue/items

basement of Liangcourt:

On 3/9/2019 at 5:18 PM, Guest Craving said:

Where got nice omurice?

Guest eat shit
On 3/7/2019 at 7:15 AM, Ethan_Oleh said:

Waa Cow(Marina One)

5 Straits View
Singapore 018935

(open in Google Maps)
Opening icon

Today:

I dunno how he can eat at Patara when its already closed down... hahaha

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2019 at 7:15 AM, Ethan_Oleh said:

Waa Cow(Marina One)

5 Straits View
Singapore 018935

(open in Google Maps)
Opening icon

Today:

Domain icon

My fave place to have a fix of wagyu beef on rice has to be Fat Cow at Campden Medical Centre.  Their Fat Cow Premium Donburi is in the words of Ethan-Oleh, 'tender and so yums'.  Priced at $158++, their Nagasaki A5 Striploin comes with sliced wagyu steak with uni, foie gras, onsen egg, caviar and truffle oil.  Try it, it can be addictive!

All in sex is fair.

Guest Expose
On 3/14/2019 at 11:34 PM, Guest eat shit said:

I dunno how he can eat at Patara when its already closed down... hahaha

Fakin’ it since 2010 or even way before. :clap: :clap::clap::clap:

Guest Expose
9 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

Oiyoh kimlo zeh zeh, still don’t get it ah, those were not Ethan Tak Boleh’s words. He copies all these food reviews and pictures from other people’s blog or food website, paste here wholesale and pretends like he’s the one who ate there. That’s why when someone questions him on some photos, he either don’t answer or give wrong answers to the wrong pictures.

14 hours ago, Guest Expose said:

Oiyoh kimlo zeh zeh, still don’t get it ah, those were not Ethan Tak Boleh’s words. He copies all these food reviews and pictures from other people’s blog or food website, paste here wholesale and pretends like he’s the one who ate there. That’s why when someone questions him on some photos, he either don’t answer or give wrong answers to the wrong pictures.

Lol thanks for pointing that out to me.  I didn't follow his comments and wasn't aware of his 'style'.  I just thought of sharing about Fat Cow since he posted something on wagyu on rice which happens to be one of my fave one dish meals.

All in sex is fair.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.