Male HQ

Glbtvoices & Their Stories [Formerly Gay Confessions] (Compiled)

Guest sggay

Guest Guest

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/singapore-gay-men-jump-chance-confess-secrets270213

Singapore gay men jump at chance to confess secrets

A Facebook page for Singapore's gay men to anonymously post their confessions has received over 500 posts in two weeks.

27 FEBRUARY 2013 BY ANNA LEACH

A Facebook page that allows Singapore's gay community to make anonymous confessions has proved highly popular - over 500 confessions were posted in the first two weeks.

The team behind Gay SG Confessions originally planned the page to be frivolous and gossipy, but instead they have received heart-felt pieces of writing about family estrangement and secret loves that have been kept hidden for decades.

One confession from a 57-year-old man describes his love for a classmate at school for the first time. 'I have never said this out loud to anyone what I have always felt in my heart,' he wrote.

Another describes a young man's shame at being insulted by a cinema snack vendor, and vindication at hearing her being admonished her boss who told her 'gay also human ok!'.

The anonymous team behind the page told Gay Star News that they've received feedback that shows the page is particularly appreciated for people who are just thinking about coming out.

'The Page serves as a valuable "go-to" helpline for those who are just beginning to discover their sexuality,' they said.

As well as the open-hearted confessions, the page has received angry accusations that it promotes and propagates a homosexual lifestyle - probably from the vocal anti-gay Christian lobby in Singapore.

- See more at: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/singapore-gay-men-jump-chance-confess-secrets270213#sthash.FebzTQMh.dpuf

• 1 month later...
Guest -Guest89756-

A sharing here. Emotion kinda stirred while reading one of the top posts in FB's Gay SG Confessions.

http://www.facebook.com/GaySgConfessions/posts/562167183827712

The TS has his bro as the only person supporting him (even against parents) over his homosexuality. However, his brother eventually became the one that got away due to sports mishap. If I were in his shoes, I might not be able to survive as strong as him without the pillar.

We were told to stay strong and stand on our own feet. But we can't deny that there is soft spot deep inside, which makes us fragile and vulnerable.

How shall we move on if we lose the only person that always backs us up?

Guest snowball

一个人要的并不是藉口, 而是敢承担的勇气。

人有时难免会有失落, 但大哭一场后就该振作,

而不是趴在那里不起, 没有任何人会永远陪在你左右,

要报答感谢他们的唯一途径, 就是别再让他们操心。

独立, 坚强, 把死者的那份也加上, 然后好好活下去,

让他在天之灵也安心, 不是吗?

如果为了逃避自己的软弱而硬要找这理由使心安些,

那才有愧于他们。

Feel touching after read the story, hope he can stay strong, it is always not easy after we coming out to family, but I think after the time passed, our parent will slowly accept it, they just need time. Enlightenment from the story, appreciate the one who love, care and alway support us.

• 2 years later...

Either the owner turned christian/straight or it was forcibly shut down by our gahmen and religious conservatives tag team

Either way, no losses. It was an incredibly boring page.

It's renamed to glbtvoices.

You don't call cat whispers voices. Maybe that's our national gay voice, canned. Yet to hear a lion's roar from that page with a lion as a mascot

• Guest locked this topic