Male HQ

Simcity 2013

ME!.. but as someone who played this since the first SimCity... I like to play alone and in SANDBOX MODE. i hate what they did with it now and the city size is too small... they rather you break it apart by building small towns to connect up. No longer can we do so may things as before in previous versions. I signed the petition that was set up complain so many shit things that is wrong with it.... I only got to play it like weeks after I got it as the server kept hanging. The way they making excuse to make multiplay part of every game including games that use to be also good for solo play just to make more money. Go figure. I guess I should be happy that the server is not crashing as often now.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

while what upshot said were all true, i think it's still a nice enough game. 

they've been fixing issues and i can play just as well. 

aside from the always online requirement (wouldn't go into that argument as the internet is already filled with that), 

i  also don't quite like that the city size. more like a town now. lol. 

still, it's a nice game to pass the time.. until i get my hands on Elder Scrolls Online. hehe

well, i want to build a megacity, and not

It would be nice if you can build a central city and the neighbours will start to build to suit yours.

such as if you buy power from them, they will build more plants, and their economy will improve. Similarly if you build roads, rail, ports, airports etc.

When I was playing Sim City 4, I loved building rail-intensive cities. (not subways)

And when it became a mega city, the central railway stations usually exceeded capacity by 500% or more.

The centre of the city tend to have a railway 'artery' with at least 4 - 5 double railway tracks.

With modding, I could create railway flyovers so that there were no intersections between different lines. I could also build custom train stations that allowed interchange of two lines at the same time.

I was obsessed with elevated rail interchanges that I built two elevated stations side by side.

Subways were only used to alleviate areas where I missed out. Or areas that were already too congested by railway or elevated rail.

Finance-wise, I did make a loss initially but somehow I managed to gain back a profit with the taxes.

I don't think Sim City 5 improved on the railway functionality though.

Edited by darkflame

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Currently playing SimCity 2013. My citizens kept on complaining the air pollution is worst even though the industrial areas so sooooo far away from the residential areas Zzz

Whenever I walked into a room full of people, cause bitch, I'm fabulous

tumblr_mqo4o0wm5F1s5slsyo1_500.gif

sportsboysg, in a way you could do that in SimCity 5. create a private region and build all your cities all yourself, each one specializing on something. then setup the interactions among them. i haven't tried it though. lol. just a suggestion. 

and to imonvodka, try checking the direction of the wind. maybe the wind blows the pollution from industrial zone to residential. 

ooppss, i think i'm sounding as if i'm an expert. haha. 

far from the truth. 

sportsboysg, in a way you could do that in SimCity 5. create a private region and build all your cities all yourself, each one specializing on something. then setup the interactions among them. i haven't tried it though. lol. just a suggestion.

and to imonvodka, try checking the direction of the wind. maybe the wind blows the pollution from industrial zone to residential.

far from the truth.

yeah i can, but its too artificial.. and it don't really go in line.. there will also be always industries that

i want to build a megacity and concentrate on it, not a few cities, and interactions between them are actually artificial and minimal. For instance I do not need extra capacity electricity in my neighbour before i start to buy.

the only way to get pollution down is to enact all the ordinances actually.. and trees trees and trees

imho, simcity 3000 is still the best

Edited by sportsboysg

far from the truth. 

I place them according to the wind pattern! The wind is blowing the supposedly air pollution away from the residential areas T_T

They still complaining! Troublesome Sims citizen  

Whenever I walked into a room full of people, cause bitch, I'm fabulous

tumblr_mqo4o0wm5F1s5slsyo1_500.gif

Guest IamPineapple

Not enough worker is the main problem in my city ( although i had 60% of the land zoned for resident and the rest Commercial and industry) :(

also sometimes have that problem about not enough workers. i got high population with increased the density in all my areas still hd the problem.

turns out, a lot of my sims were middle-class but very few low and high-class sims. the low-class was quite easy to fix, i just surrounded some houses with some industry. lol

• 3 weeks later...

@greenroad, for your water problem.. plop a sewage system.. then a water pump right next to it. right after you plop the pump, immediately replace the default pump unit attached to it with a filtration pump. and boom! endless supply of clean water. i've used it in several of my cities. 

(oh one more thing, plump the sewage and water pump over an area with some water reserve. this doesn't seem to work on completely dried up reserve). 

btw, the 2.0 update gives me lots and lots of crashes. darn. 

• 3 weeks later...

y

@greenroad, for your water problem.. plop a sewage system.. then a water pump right next to it. right after you plop the pump, immediately replace the default pump unit attached to it with a filtration pump. and boom! endless supply of clean water. i've used it in several of my cities. 

(oh one more thing, plump the sewage and water pump over an area with some water reserve. this doesn't seem to work on completely dried up reserve). 

btw, the 2.0 update gives me lots and lots of crashes. darn.

Thanks bane..managed to deal with the water issue now. Population management is very important from the start. Did several games and had shortages of 1.5k and more. Somehow, as my pop increase by even 10k, it doesn't solve my problem.

Just started on a new game, and is managing population vs employment very careful. Seem to work well, and less stressful.

----- why cant life be bigger than facing constraints and making decisions -----

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.