Male HQ

Food That Make You Thin (like Paris Hilton)

I was just browsing at a health store at the basement of AMK mall. Feeling guilty after indulging myself with all sort of fast food which is fast making me fat, I thought of redeeming myself by choosing healthier food this time. Sort of detoxyfying the body. First of all, there arent much selection when it comes to health food. I was searching for walnuts (after reading quite good things about it) but the only kind of nuts available are almond (not exactly my favourite nuts). Looking thru the shelves, yes, there are all sort of 'strange' food- oats, grains, brans, dried cranberries, etc. Suddenly I dont feel so hungry anymore. Some more the stuff are not exactly cheap. A medium pack of sunflower seeds cost about $4.50. There are also quite a few protein and energy bars but I dont think these bars will keep me filled up for long. In the end, I went across the hawker center and had fish soup. :D

• 1 month later...
was searching for walnuts (after reading quite good things about it) but the only kind of nuts available are almond (not exactly my favourite nuts). Looking thru the shelves, yes, there are all sort of 'strange' food- oats, grains, brans, dried cranberries, etc. Suddenly I dont feel so hungry anymore. Some more the stuff are not exactly cheap. A medium pack of sunflower seeds cost about $4.50. There are also quite a few protein and energy bars but I dont think these bars will keep me filled up for long.

Taking multiple mini-meals a day, in fixed intervals, will raise your metabolism. That way any food can make you thin.

Not fat can liao lah, thin thin good meh? And like Paris-thin some more.

Regarding nuts, you may want to check out Poon Huat, the Redman logo cheena cake shop people. They sell cheap nuts and such, packed hygienically. While Bugis Market sells (one of) the cheapest nuts, its open concept irks me. I only eat my nuts raw.

google areanpull

I'd thought this thread was on serious health food...

sigh...

and yes, health food packed as health food is expensive...

however, let's turn this thread into a really health food thread that we can all cook at home and eat and still find it nice yeah!

let's start with breakfast health food...

Wholemeal bread or Wheat bread is health food.

Throw out your white bread no matter how 'enriched or vitaminised' they are. still too much carbo and not enough fibre...

ok what to spread on your bread? NO kaya!! it's only for indulgence you do it once in a week or two...

spread olive oil based no transfat bread spreads. quite nice actually.

and on that, a few slices of cucumber! cucumber sandwich is healthy!! and tasty too...

Hot drink of the day - Tea. with one teaspoon of brown sugar, and NO creamer. add a slice of lemon... yummy and nice too...hahaha... what sort of tea? my favourite - Earl Grey... perfect start to a lazy morning hahaha...

if you like you can eat half boiled eggs... well i do mine 3/4 boiled... hardened yoke... which can be removed quite easily... 2 egg whites to one egg yolk, and a better quality egg with high vitamin E and carrotine won't hurt... pepper and a dash of low salt soy sauce (e.g. kikkoman has this reduced salt one... very tasty)

lay off all the traditional breakfast stuff... fried anything is bad. chee cheong fun is totally carbo, oil and sugar, roti-prata... totally sinful... nasi lemak? haha coconut santan... phew... so much temptation....

the only thing not too bad would be a bowl of plain porridge and some boiled nuts and chai buey... and half a salted egg... hahaha... at least not oily...

ang mo style breakfast is also quite healthy... baked lean back beacon sans the fat would be good... fried egg sunny side up without oil at all on those non-stick pan is acceptable... and wheat bread on low fat no salt/transfat spread is acceptable, with cucumbers... hee hee... cucumber fetish.....

oh pls dun do thousand island sauce and ketchup/chilli... they are full of sugar... try a real tomato and a fresh chilli instead... most exciting way to wake your brain...

ok so much for breakfast... next post... lunch!

Lunch is an interesting period...

depending on whether you had breakfast, lunch can be your first meal of the day...

for others, they think ahead - got important things to do after lunch - so cannot eat so much else will be sleepy and can't concentrate.

typical american style workers have a lunch packed from home (becos home prepared lunch is so much more cost effective in fugging expensive eateries outside in the US setting)

so lunch is usually a sandwich, a fruit or two, and a drink. OK us home packed sandwich is very wide in variety and size. Think SubWay sandwich, andyou can get an idea of how a sandwich is like... hahaha... of course becos it's got to be packed a few hours before eating, they separate the veg from the meat and bread.

that is usually quite healthy considering if you use wheat bread and lean turkey cuts and lots of vegetables in your sandwich, sans the sauces, but just add mustard and pepper to spice it up a bit.

In the local context, you can do a fish soup without the rice, not the fried one hor... the fresh fish slices one...

or the healthy mixed rice, 2 veg and little rice, and a steamed toufu with minced pork... or of that variety.

dun forget to take 2 fruits, and drink no water if you can help it... hahaha...

oh yeah... fruits to eat before eating other food if you can.

else have a fruits lunch... 3 types of fruit, cut. and that's it. or a fruit juice to wash it down, specifically tell the stall - do not add sugar to the juice!!

or if you can spend more money, go to the western grill and do a cheep steak, but instruct NOT to put sauce, and dun wan the fries and coleslaw... just give you the fried tomato, and more cucumber. and forget the bun...

hahaha... damn neow rite? but it's for your own health, if you value it or for the fun of it decide to eat healthy-er?

try not to snack after lunch ,but afternoon tea or coffee is OK or better yet, bring a sachet/box of Japanese green tea to brew at your desk... it's most satisfying even if the teas is cold... very tasty tea.

and NO biscuits please... else dun bother to 'diet'

if you can be bothered, cut some carrot sticks lor... that's definitely OK...

Baloo

Dinner... indulge yourself lightly!

you can do that sauce-less steak or pork chop or chicken chop sans the skin... or a fish steak. salmon steak is definitely acceptable...

lots of veg, preferebly salad without the sauces again, but some vinegar based sauce is OK such as italian. definitely NO to the thousands of islands (think thousand calories and you will immediately push it off)

haha thinking of that buffet place ... with salad buffet... shiok enough leow.

and yes you can have a yoghurt ice cream no problem there... and try not to drink any water during dinner.

OR you can do one small (sub one kilo) durian and that's it for dinner :P

• 10 years later...

If you really want to reduce your weight drastically, buy soya bean without  sugar but with soya milk twice daily.  You can add cereal drinks, 4 scoops per time.  Add hot water in a blender to get a homogenously-blended drink.  Pour it out into a big plastic flask.  Next, add plain hot water of equal volume into the blender flask.  It can dilute the original volume and remove all remants left in the second flask and better still, it cleans the flask.

Edited by abang

On 8/7/2007 at 6:29 PM, Baloo said:

Dinner... indulge yourself lightly!

you can do that sauce-less steak or pork chop or chicken chop sans the skin... or a fish steak. salmon steak is definitely acceptable...

lots of veg, preferebly salad without the sauces again, but some vinegar based sauce is OK such as italian. definitely NO to the thousands of islands (think thousand calories and you will immediately push it off)

haha thinking of that buffet place ... with salad buffet... shiok enough leow.

and yes you can have a yoghurt ice cream no problem there... and try not to drink any water during dinner.

OR you can do one small (sub one kilo) durian and that's it for dinner :P

2 hours ago, riverrobles said:

@abang will this serve as meal replacement or just for dessert or drinks?

go for the Paleolithic or paleo diet . eat like the way our ancestors the cavemen did . which is meat grilled in fire and raw vegetables without creamy sauces. 

Avoid grains , wheat products . rice .

we did not evolve to ear grains.

1 hour ago, Guest ghuy said:

go for the Paleolithic or paleo diet . eat like the way our ancestors the cavemen did . which is meat grilled in fire and raw vegetables without creamy sauces. 

Avoid grains , wheat products . rice .

we did not evolve to ear grains.

Then I should read this paleo stuff more. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by riverrobles

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

tweak it to fit into your/asian lifestyle

rem what u input is impt

Many naives believed eating in yongtauhu is so healthy, the not-healthy is with the sauce including chilli or sweet sauce
https://healthyeater.com/how-to-break-a-plateau

Yoga is good for sure! the first few weeks is a pain, but it needs grit and determination

9 hours ago, Cube3 said:

TCM tip: red yeast rice 红曲米 is a fat-burner. Mix it in when you boil your rice: the more you eat, the slimmer you get!

Is this your secret on why you are slim?

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.