Male HQ

Debate On Hiv / Stds And Visiting Sauna + What are the chances of getting STD in sauna?(compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest alispenn

Can oral sex cause hep b?

If someone were to diagnose with hep b, does he need to report his status to his employer and family?

Is this a joke? Out of an alphabet soup of Hepatitis, you are only after B!  Practice abstinence or physical intimacy with only one partner for 3 months, and then go for a comprehensive STD test.  S$500 + consultation + GST.  With computerization, the Centre for Communicable Disease will know.

• Guest locked this topic
  • 2 years later...
Guest Newbie

Im pretty new to the scene and would like to explore saunas.

However, im really afraid of contracting any form of STDs.

What are the chances of getting STDs (HIV, herpes, etc) when I visit places like this? Considering that I engage in protected sex.

Do people check each other out visually to see if there any signs of STD before engaging in any sexual acts in sauna?

Guest Common

Quite common

i have herpes, hpv and contracted chamydia, gornerhera b4 

i seen some guys will red dots and sores on their penises b4 but they will hide in darkness for other patrons to suck

Guest Newbie
13 minutes ago, Guest Common said:

Quite common

i seen some guys will red dots and sores on their penises b4 but they will hide in darkness for other patrons to suck

From protected or unprotected sex?

Guest Blank

I've never visit sauna in my life for the same fear. You never know when's your jackpot day of someone with a mouth ulcer who has just sucked an infected dick an hour ago is sucking yours now and he's going to suck someone's else later on. I heard it's dark in there and even if it's bright enough, the signs are not visible in early stages.

Risk and fun comes in a pair. You decide since the body is yours. I've friends who used to go there monthly and they're fine. 

Guest Newbie

I see...looks like I have to seriously consider it since im in the healthcare industry. Dont wnat to ruin my career.

Anyway, does people go there for non-anal or oral fun?

Guest guest
2 hours ago, Guest Newbie said:

What are the chances of getting STDs (HIV, herpes, etc) when I visit places like this? Considering that I engage in protected sex.

Do people check each other out visually to see if there any signs of STD before engaging in any sexual acts in sauna?

You can have safe , non body fluid exchanging,  non mucous membrane abrasion and contact safer sex activities, 

You jerk off while 2 different guys ravages your sensitive nipples , while other helpful hands raba raba your other sensitive skin areas like your inner thighs, thighs, the pubic areas, the nips , armpits, rhe back of ears, while you close your eyes and jerk off while being surrounded a sea of hands and hot bodies , and your ears are bombarded with sexy , hot moans , grunts, sighs and ahhhsss.

Safer sex can be satisfying, 

mon dieu.

Just avoid body fluid exchange, precum, blood  or semen in mucous membrane areas like mouth, anus, penile contact, eye socket, nostrils, inside the ears, 

Herpes is more easier to be transmitted as even normal skin  areas  besides delicate mucous membranes can be infected and all you need is small skin abrasion.

Dry mucous like lips and nipples can also be infected but chances are slim , but depends on bad luck . 

But Herpes is not deadly in its own , it is just irritating to have flare ups. 

And even a friend of mine who never frequent local saunas , got infected from one visit to an Australian steam bath, he let his guard down and put his dick thru a suckatorium.

Herpes is a gift for life. not fatal.

Guest Herpes

IMO, Herpes is the worst among all STDs. Even worse than HIV.

You can protect yourself against HIV if you always practise safe sex but there is no way you can identify whether the other party has Herpes.

And if one day you finally found someone you finally found someone you like, how are you going to reveal your condition to him? I don't think most people are kind and brave enough to accept someone with Herpes.

The rest are treatable with antibiotics so I'm not so worried.

• G_M changed the title to Debate On Hiv / Stds And Visiting Sauna + What are the chances of getting STD in sauna?(compiled)
  • G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
  • 2 months later...
Guest Hello
On 3/18/2019 at 1:27 PM, Guest Herpes said:

You can protect yourself against HIV if you always practise safe sex but there is no way you can identify whether the other party has Herpes.

And if one day you finally found someone you finally found someone you like, how are you going to reveal your condition to him? I don't think most people are kind and brave enough to accept someone with Herpes.

The rest are treatable with antibiotics so I'm not so worried.

Herpes may not necessarily be an STD. Kissing or even sharing of cups and straws have chance of passing herpes. I'm sure a lot of people have herpes without knowing. 

On 3/18/2019 at 12:27 AM, Guest Herpes said:

Worse than HIV???  Herpes does not cause any body damage except for some painful flare-ups, which can be very rare.

If you find someone you like and who could be your lifelong partner,  herpes should not be an obstacle. 

The worst that can happen is that you both end up with herpes, which may not even be noticeable. 

Guest Cleanly Teacher
On June 16, 2019 at 5:48 AM, Guest Hello said:

Herpes may not necessarily be an STD. Kissing or even sharing of cups and straws have chance of passing herpes. I'm sure a lot of people have herpes without knowing.

You are confusing two different types of Herpes. One form of Herpes is passed on exclusively from sex.

The other form, which usually flares up in the form of cold sores (fever blisters) on the lips or in the nose, is easily transmitted by casual contact and I read one study claiming close to 80% of all humans may have it.

Obviously anybody with the genital form of Herpes should be honest and work to avoid infecting others.

Guest negativity
On 3/18/2019 at 10:25 AM, Guest Newbie said:

Newbie: Don't let this people here overcome your exploration of your sexual desires.

There is no much negativity here and guys post all these wrong statements.

By the way there are many websites out there to explain to you the do's and don'ts of sauna sex and cruising. Do your homework before you go.

But if you follow this advice you won't necessarily contract any STD.

About contracting genital Herpes, there is nothing much to do as you can kiss a guy intensively and might contract it and don't forget the guy must not be a sauna-goer but maybe your bf.

Guest negativity

New Zealand Herpes Foundation

Herpes Myths vs Facts

Herpes Myth: Only certain sorts of people get herpes.

Fact about herpes: No, it is very common and anyone who has ever had sex can get genital herpes. It's not about being clean, dirty, good or bad – it's about being normal and sexually active.

Herpes Myth: Herpes isn't that common, and I am unlikely to get it.

Fact about herpes: Herpes is very common and may be caused by both herpes simplex type 1 and herpes simplex type 2 (HSV-1 or HSV-2). HSV-1 causes "cold sores" on the mouth, and up to 80% of the population has this virus. However, it may also be transmitted to the genitals through oral-genital sex and about 40% of genital herpes is caused by HSV-1. Up to 22% of sexually active adults have genital herpes caused by HSV-2. Most people with herpes will not have symptoms and therefore will not be aware they have it. 75% of people who have genital herpes get it from partners who are entirely unaware that they have it themselves.

Herpes Myth: Herpes "cold sores" on the mouth are not the same as genital herpes.

Fact about herpes: Cold sores on the mouth or face are caused by HSV-1 and are commonly transmitted to the genitals (causing genital herpes) through oral-to-genital sex. Up to 40% of genital herpes is caused by HSV-1.

Herpes Myth: Herpes can only affect the genital area.

Fact about herpes: HSV-1 typically affects the mouth area. HSV-2 and HSV-1 affect the genitals, pubic area, buttocks, back of the thigh or inner thigh. Herpes can also occur in other parts of the body, although this is less common. On the fingers, it is known as herpes whitlow.

Herpes Myth: People always know if they have genital herpes.

Fact about herpes: No, 80% of those with genital herpes do not know they have it, as they may have no or very mild symptoms.

Herpes Myth: People with herpes are always infectious.

Fact about herpes: A person with herpes is not always infectious but the herpes virus is occasionally shed from the skin when symptoms are not present. Most of the time when you don't have herpes symptoms you are not infectious.

Herpes Myth: When you have an STI check or a cervical smear, it always checks for herpes.

Fact about herpes: Routine sexual health (STI screens) checks and cervical smear tests do not screen or test for herpes. Tests for herpes can only be done if a person has symptoms and a swab is taken directly from the lesion.

Herpes Myth: People with herpes cannot have children.

Fact about herpes: Herpes does not affect fertility in either men or women, and women with genital herpes can have normal pregnancies and vaginal delivery. Herpes can be passed on to babies, but this is rare. If you are pregnant and you or your partner has herpes, tell your health care professional.

Herpes Myth: Herpes causes cervical cancer.

Fact about herpes: Herpes is not associated with cervical abnormalities or cervical cancer. These are caused by HPV (human papillomavirus), which is not herpes.

Herpes Myth: Herpes is passed through blood.

Fact about herpes: Herpes is not present in the blood. People with genital herpes can still donate blood. Genital herpes is only passed through direct skin-to-skin contact, both orally and genitally.

Myth: If you have herpes you should always wear condoms in long-term monogamous relationships.

Fact about herpes: In long-term relationships, most couples choose not to continually use condoms, and understand that getting herpes is just a part of life. (Your partner may already have herpes without being aware of it). Whilst some people may experience troublesome herpes symptoms from time to time, for the majority, herpes is not symptomatic or causes only mild symptoms. Herpes medication is available for those that need it.

Myth: If you have genital herpes you can't have (receive) oral sex.

Fact about herpes: Herpes transmission to the mouth from the genitals is uncommon.

Myth: I can pass herpes to myself from my mouth to my genitals if I accidentally touch myself.

Fact about herpes: Once you have herpes at one site, it is rare to then get the same type at another site. This is because your body develops antibodies which prevent this from happening.

Myth: It's risky living in the same house as someone who has genital herpes.

Fact about herpes: The herpes simplex virus (HSV) is not spread through sharing communal facilities. When the herpes virus leaves living skin cells, it dies. People with genital or facial herpes are able to use the same showers, toilets, washing machines, and swimming pools as anyone else, without the worry of passing on the herpes infection.

Guest Uncommon
On 3/18/2019 at 11:04 AM, Guest Common said:

Quite common

How did you see the red dots and sores on the penises if the people were hiding in the darkness?

Guest testing
On 6/16/2019 at 4:22 PM, Leslie874 said:

For those who went to sauna on a regular basis, how often do you go to check for STDs and what are the panel of STDs do you check for?

Go for a HIV test every 3 months to 6 months.

For other STD you should test if you have one of the strange symptoms, strange urine discharge.

For Syphilis I would do the test once a year as if undiscovered it may cause severe illnesses later. People can have Syphilis without any symptoms and not knowing.

Some rashes on the glans might not mean anything, could be even a reaction to the condom if you involved into a lot of sex in a day.

If you have some severe flu like symptoms, funny discharge in the urine and rashes on the dick, then maybe it is better to have a check on STD. It would be more suitable for a doctor to advise you what he may suspect.

If there are warts growing on your anus or dick, then you should check at early stage.

9 hours ago, Guest testing said:

Go for a HIV test every 3 months to 6 months.

For other STD you should test if you have one of the strange symptoms, strange urine discharge.

For Syphilis I would do the test once a year as if undiscovered it may cause severe illnesses later. People can have Syphilis without any symptoms and not knowing.

Some rashes on the glans might not mean anything, could be even a reaction to the condom if you involved into a lot of sex in a day.

If you have some severe flu like symptoms, funny discharge in the urine and rashes on the dick, then maybe it is better to have a check on STD. It would be more suitable for a doctor to advise you what he may suspect.

If there are warts growing on your anus or dick, then you should check at early stage.

Thank you. I recently go to a gay sauna (keybox). I initially wanted to look around, but did not realise that someone is willing to give me oral sex. I did not think much initially, but stopped him halfway (maybe less than 1 min later) after realising that I am putting myself at risk for STD. Well, I regretted it for letting him to give me oral sex. 

I will go for a check up one month (window period of HIV) after that incident. I am still afraid of getting HIV (although I know the risk of transmission is low). I have spoken to a doctor, and he said that the risk for HIV is very low for oral sex. Will also check for the other STDs. 

Guest testing
4 hours ago, Leslie874 said:

Thank you. I recently go to a gay sauna (keybox). I initially wanted to look around, but did not realise that someone is willing to give me oral sex. I did not think much initially, but stopped him halfway (maybe less than 1 min later) after realising that I am putting myself at risk for STD. Well, I regretted it for letting him to give me oral sex. 

I will go for a check up one month (window period of HIV) after that incident. I am still afraid of getting HIV (although I know the risk of transmission is low). I have spoken to a doctor, and he said that the risk for HIV is very low for oral sex. Will also check for the other STDs. 

Don't stress yourself too much. Should be nothing.

Just wonder how you can worry so much from a super short oral encounter.

Please grow up and read more into the topic.

I hope you won't develop grey hair over night...

Please get more realistic.

20 hours ago, Guest testing said:

Don't stress yourself too much. Should be nothing.

Just wonder how you can worry so much from a super short oral encounter.

Please grow up and read more into the topic.

I hope you won't develop grey hair over night...

Please get more realistic.

Thank you for your advice. I am really new to this. This is my first oral sex. So I don't know what to expect, so naturally, I just panicked. Plus the more I read from the Internet, the more I am worried. 

3 hours ago, Leslie874 said:

Thank you for your advice. I am really new to this. This is my first oral sex. So I don't know what to expect, so naturally, I just panicked. Plus the more I read from the Internet, the more I am worried. 

Don't worry. In no time you will be so sex-seasoned that you won't even think of such things.

At least not all the time.

All you wanna do is just to cum and have the time of your life moaning so loudly while you are at it.

Guest InBangkok

Put HIV and Herpes to none side for a moment. The fact is that according to the World Health Organisation, one million new cases of STIs are diagnosed very single day!

The two STDs that are now the most worrying are Syphilis and Gonorrhea. Acquiring syphilis can increase an individual's risk of getting HIV by three time or more. The problem with syphilis is that most who acquire it are not aware they are infected. It causes infected sores, blisters or ulcers on your genitals, anus and mouth that may not initially be itchy. So a condom will not necessary protect you. If you have sex regularly with different partners, it's important to inspect your body regularly, When you get an HIV test, make sure you are also tested for syphilis. Early detection make it easy to cure. But if you don't get treatment, eventually it can have a serious affect on your heart and brain and this can be irreversible. A recent study in Bangkok has shown that syphilis is showing the biggest rise in STIs.

Gonorrhea is another rapidly developing problem. Although primary a disease that affects women, the bacteria do spread to men through unprotected sex and sex toys which have not been properly cleaned after use. You can get gonorrhea merely from touching another's genitals. So infection through bisexual men is not uncommon. Condoms are the best protection. But one problem is you may be infected and the symptoms will not be noticed for months. Everyone should be fully aware that PrEP only prevents HIV exposure - not a multitude of other STDs.

The real worry about gonorrhea is that certain strains in the USA are now a drug-resistant superbug that cannot be treated by any known antibiotics.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say that I got chlamydia from a sauna after testing positive.

Which sauna, it does not really matter, since technically you can get it from any random sex pick-up.

We all take our chances with random sex. So I'd bear the responsibility.

But what I wanted to say was:

1. Do get tested regularly so that you can get treatment sooner rather than later.

2. Do abstain from sex if you know that you have been tested positive (for whatever STD). It's rather irresponsible if you have been tested positive, and then still go around having random sex.

Meanwhile, it's a two-week abstinence for me.

Guest pinpoint
41 minutes ago, Square said:

Just wanted to say that I got chlamydia from a sauna after testing positive.

Which sauna, it does not really matter, since technically you can get it from any random sex pick-up.

We all take our chances with random sex. So I'd bear the responsibility.

But what I wanted to say was:

1. Do get tested regularly so that you can get treatment sooner rather than later.

2. Do abstain from sex if you know that you have been tested positive (for whatever STD). It's rather irresponsible if you have been tested positive, and then still go around having random sex.

Meanwhile, it's a two-week abstinence for me.

Do you suspect anyone that you may contact with? Will you still be going to sauna after the 2 weeks period?

• G_M locked this topic