Male HQ

Forum Technical Help

Bern

31 minutes ago, Diamond said:

how to setup when open a page whereby the latest start first instead of first page of the topic, alway need to click the last page instead until i lazy to go into the forum to read.

plse help with thank

Just click on "Date & Time" of the last post for your desired post.

@Diamond We currently do not have ascending chronological order for posts in a thread. As Guest has mentioned, clicking on the date will link you directly to the latest post.

@Brocklm Your question has been answered before, scroll up and read the recent posts in here before asking a new question.

On 09/11/2016 at 4:35 PM, Brocklm said:

Hi i can't seem to post live status. Can help to check for me? Thanks

1. Are you using Chrome ? There seem to be a bug there. I posted to the forum vendor, hope they fix it.

Temporary Workaround: You have to go to your profile page to post.

2. Works for Firefox and MS Edge.

6 hours ago, HendryTan said:

1. Are you using Chrome ? There seem to be a bug there. I posted to the forum vendor, hope they fix it.

Temporary Workaround: You have to go to your profile page to post.

2. Works for Firefox and MS Edge.

Thanks for the response. Have gotten it fixed.

• 1 month later...

I want to repost an idea here which I suggested in a different thread the other day but the moderators might not have seen. Whenever somebody quotes a post, the entire post shows up, and makes it take longer to scroll down the page. This is especially annoying if the original post is very long and if many people keep quoting that same post. Readers are then seeing the same thing again, and again, and again. Is there a way to code Blowing Wind's quote function to cut off quoted posts after a few lines and then give users an option to expand if they want to read the entire quoted post? The American sports site Rivals does this as I mentioned the other day. Below is a paste of my original post from the thread on Most Liked Content.

----------

Speaking of the "Show Your Dick" thread, I have a complaint and a request for the Moderators and Technicians. I hate when people quote a post and the entire post is reposted, because I keep seeing the same picture or content again and again as I scroll down the page.

Is there a way to cut off the shown part of reposts at perhaps five lines, or the equivalent in a photo, and then if somebody wants to see the entire repost he will have to click the bottom to expand it? The American sports site called Rivals does that on its message boards.

Check out this thread on college football bowl games. Look at posts number 12 and 13. The reposted picture of the girl is cut off after a few lines. Anybody who wants to see the full original post must click the expand button at the bottom. Can BW incorporate this feature?

• 1 month later...

Hi @Bern or moderator,

Sometimes I plan to PM but end up typing a message on the public msge feed without realising, which I really don't wish to use. Is there a way to:

1) delete the public msge post?

2) de-activate the public msge feed feature for my account so I don't accidentally post? - jo

Edited by Cube3

22 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Hi @Bern or moderator,

Sometimes I plan to PM but end up typing a message on the public msge feed without realising, which I really don't wish to use. Is there a way to:

1) delete the public msge post?

2) de-activate the public msge feed feature for my account so I don't accidentally post? - jo

1. You can't, however, you can drop us a report on the specific message you wish to be removed via the "Report" button.

2. From your profile page, click on "Edit Profile". Disable the toggle for "Enable status updates?"

• 2 months later...
Guest Guess - BboyzWu

Hi BW tech team,

I'm trying to sign in to BW using facebook (as I registered my account using FB) but I have issue since yesterday. 

After login using facebook, it goes back to the sign in page showing a message "Something went wrong. Please try again."

I am not sure if there's another way to login since I'm using facebook to register my account.

Guest Glyph
On 4/3/2017 at 11:52 AM, Sweetcorn said:

Hey there ,

My PM is suddenly inactivated. 

How do I activate my private inbox again ? 

Thank ni you guys :) 

You must've accidentally disabled it. Head over here and enable it. https://www.blowingwind.io/forum/messenger/

On 3/30/2017 at 2:03 PM, Guest Guess - BboyzWu said:

Hi BW tech team,

I'm trying to sign in to BW using facebook (as I registered my account using FB) but I have issue since yesterday. 

After login using facebook, it goes back to the sign in page showing a message "Something went wrong. Please try again."

I am not sure if there's another way to login since I'm using facebook to register my account.

Just tried and got the same error. Should be a bug from one of the minor patches we get every now and then. Thanks for the heads up. @Bern @HendryTan 

Do you remember the e-mail tagged to your account? If you do, do a password reset via the login page. You'll be able to login with your userid and password.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Glyph
On 05/05/2017 at 9:04 PM, myfyp2 said:

Hi,

Is there a way to change my display name?

Thanks.

Please send a request to @HendryTan or @Bern. Also, check that your desired userID isn't already taken here. Note that this change may only be done once per account.

On 05/06/2017 at 1:29 AM, lakeplacid said:

I need my account to be deleted. Please, I beg of you

The same goes for you. Send a request to the admins tagged above via PM.

Guest lakeplacid
On 2017-5-19 at 10:55 PM, Glyph said:

Please send a request to @HendryTan or @Bern. Also, check that your desired userID isn't already taken here. Note that this change may only be done once per account.

The same goes for you. Send a request to the admins tagged above via PM.

But i have messaged them and no response until now : (

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@HendryTan, @Bern or @Glyph, is there any problem with the multiple log-in on devices lately?

For the past few days, when I log-on to laptop for a long time, my mobile will be log-out, and vice versa.

This wasn't the case previously, so thought asking on the matter. ('Remember me' was checked for every log-in)

Have a good day and thanks.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Quote
On December 21, 2016 at 0:50 AM, Guest @ Club said:

Whenever somebody quotes a post, the entire post shows up, and makes it take longer to scroll down the page. This is especially annoying if the original post is very long and if many people keep quoting that same post. Readers are then seeing the same thing again, and again, and again. Is there a way to code Blowing Wind's quote function to cut off quoted posts after a few lines and then give users an option to expand if they want to read the entire quoted post?

I agree that the quoting of entire posts is very annoying. Especially when it is done multiple times on the same page. Maybe the BW technicians can change the quote function so that every time a post is quoted, it goes into a small link-box, like in the second post on this page? I don't know how that poster quoted things in this way, but if that style becomes the standard throughout BW, it would make scrolling down threads so much more enjoyable. Please consider this change, moderators, because reading some pages is not a pleasant experience right now.

Hi guys!

I can't seem to access messages in OTHER default folders in the Inbox such as 'New' and 'Draft'. I moved some PMs to 'New' and the folder did display that I have 'x' number of messages there. When I switch over to that folder, it still displays all the messages in the Inbox folder.

Is it a glitch? :o

Holy mama.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the late reply.

On 7/11/2017 at 11:30 AM, Guest Quote said:

I agree that the quoting of entire posts is very annoying. Especially when it is done multiple times on the same page. Maybe the BW technicians can change the quote function so that every time a post is quoted, it goes into a small link-box, like in the second post on this page? I don't know how that poster quoted things in this way, but if that style becomes the standard throughout BW, it would make scrolling down threads so much more enjoyable. Please consider this change, moderators, because reading some pages is not a pleasant experience right now.

The post links in the given URL aren't quotes per se but URL embeds which just so happens to be links to posts within the forum. Source out any post's URL by clicking on the time stamp at the top of a post, it's in light gray. Paste it into our text editor and it'll parse itself.

Example:

On 7/19/2017 at 1:05 AM, Gray32 said:

Hi guys!

I can't seem to access messages in OTHER default folders in the Inbox such as 'New' and 'Draft'. I moved some PMs to 'New' and the folder did display that I have 'x' number of messages there. When I switch over to that folder, it still displays all the messages in the Inbox folder.

Is it a glitch? :o

The recent upgrades might've messed with pre-upgrade messages stored in any other custom inbox other than the initial inbox "Inbox". Are you still facing the issue?

6 hours ago, Glyph said:

Apologies for the late reply.

The post links in the given URL aren't quotes per se but URL embeds which just so happens to be links to posts within the forum. Source out any post's URL by clicking on the time stamp at the top of a post, it's in light gray. Paste it into our text editor and it'll parse itself.

Example:

The recent upgrades might've messed with pre-upgrade messages stored in any other custom inbox other than the initial inbox "Inbox". Are you still facing the issue?

Nope, but I found a way to access it during that period via the URI Path!

It's working perfectly now, I can transit to different folders properly via the UI now, thanks :D 

Holy mama.

I don't have any issues with getting exposed via google (since haven't post any incriminating items, ha).

but if people/users in this forum prefer to be in the dark ... is it worth it to explore possible ways to exclude this forum from internet search engines ?

On 8/21/2017 at 3:49 PM, Ben S said:

is it worth it to explore possible ways to exclude this forum from internet search engines ?

Not exactly a tech issue, but to answer you: Unless you're willing to part with a share of your monthly dose of moola, No. The site is operating purely on ads revenue.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mod, I can’t send text in the chatroom or pm with my mobile phone.  I can stil go into d chatroom but jus can’t send messages.  Why is that so?  How to rectify this issue?

Edited by henryt1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , I saw I have incoming chat message, as usual, once in the chat room, I can view who sending the message.

But now there no new icon appear on the right side of the member who send the message. Please help, thanks

7F9F05BD-E034-44A6-9DFC-A03CFDC770EE.png

F8D812AD-C66F-474E-9199-A97D3BD6F055.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 7:39 PM, HendryTan said:

1. The message should have read as, you only hae 10.24 kb left from a maximum of 5MB allowed.

2. Every member has 5MB of storage. 

Dear Hendry,

Despite what you mentioned, I still can't upload any images.  (therefore I cannot even screen grab to show you the message)

Does that mean that I have reached my quota and cannot post images anymore? Does deleting my older post help?

I don't think I have Max out the 5MB of storage space.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

rado980d:

1. I can confirm you are close to 5MB of image used.

You can delete older image to free up disk space.

2. We have LIMITED disk space from our hosting site unless we get higher tier (ie $$$) hosting arrangement.

Hence the limited disk image per member.  

You can try to upload images to another external image hosting site and then post the link here.

Cheers !

16 hours ago, HendryTan said:

rado980d:

1. I can confirm you are close to 5MB of image used.

You can delete older image to free up disk space.

2. We have LIMITED disk space from our hosting site unless we get higher tier (ie $$$) hosting arrangement.

Hence the limited disk image per member.  

You can try to upload images to another external image hosting site and then post the link here.

Cheers !

Hi Henry,

Noted with thanks. I will delete old posting to free up space or post a link in future.
Thanks once again for your prompt reply.

• 1 month later...

It seems to have a small bug in Forum. It affects most web browsers I'm using.

- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11

- Microsoft Edge

- Google Chrome (Commonly Used)

Scrolling issue. As I scroll down to the bottom page, it reaches the end of the page. Once I scroll it up and back down slowly, the endless page begins. The scroll will continue to go up further even the page is still.  

Seems to not have any issue with mobile browsers. 

Edited by hakimlame94
Add-on

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2018 at 2:58 PM, Guest ball said:

hello moderator, could I check from u, for pte msg (pm), how many ppl could be in e same pm thread at e same time? tks

By default, there shouldn't be a maximum cap of recipients for a private message thread.

• 1 month later...

Is there an issue with the chat room?

I’m not able to post anything through the chat room through my mobile since the down time on Wednesday or Thursday. 

Using iPhone X. 

Move tried using Google chrome through my mobile as well, same issue. 

Under your influence, you're the magic in my veins.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest guest-issue2
8 hours ago, Guest Issue said:

Anyone have any idea what is error code “EX1364”? Received this code when I tried to log into my BW account. 

Same here..

Guest Issue
2 hours ago, HendryTan said:

The above error code "EX1364" which result that readers CANNOT login is already fixed. 

Our apologies.

No worries, thank you so much :)

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.