Male HQ

Forum Technical Help

Bern

Guest Glyph
On 7/15/2018 at 8:25 PM, heliumduck said:

Hi Team

just checking...

didn't know the general pink dot thread is closed... you will compiling all the 2018 PD threads in here after the event or....... yall just

gonna leave it the way it is currently ?

https://www.blowingwind.io/forum/topic/24414-pink-dot-event-2007-to-2017-compiled/?page=30

No idea why that thread was closed but unlocked anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Glyph
23 hours ago, Jakeleo14 said:

I have problem in sending picture in blowing wind ... it seem usually my picture is too big ... after I crop it ... still can’t send...

Don't quite catch what you mean by sending picture in blowing wind. Do you mean uploading a display picture, or do you mean uploading a picture as an attachment?

In any case, the max size limit is 200kb for display photos, 290kb for profile cover photo, and your total size limit for attachments is 4.88mb. Cropped or not, it's the resolution of the picture that matters. If it's in .png, saving it in .jpeg will reduce file size. So does lowering resolution to 500x500 or smaller if it's of a larger value.

If you can't upload attachments, you've probably hit the maximum size cap allowed. Drop by here to clear any unwanted files.

12 hours ago, Glyph said:

Don't quite catch what you mean by sending picture in blowing wind. Do you mean uploading a display picture, or do you mean uploading a picture as an attachment?

In any case, the max size limit is 200kb for display photos, 290kb for profile cover photo, and your total size limit for attachments is 4.88mb. Cropped or not, it's the resolution of the picture that matters. If it's in .png, saving it in .jpeg will reduce file size. So does lowering resolution to 500x500 or smaller if it's of a larger value.

If you can't upload attachments, you've probably hit the maximum size cap allowed. Drop by here to clear any unwanted files.

Display as you mean is profile picture... ? nope ...I don’t mean that... I want to send a attachment on replying someone...

i don’t understand what you mention about the resolution of the picture... I just simply attached the picture in my hp album and I can’t send it...is that due to the setting in my hp?  I edited the picture and crop it as some of the member advice which I approached ... but I still can’t send as pop out that my attachment is too big...

Guest Glyph

Okay, I'll simplify things for you.

When you want to send photos as an attachment in Blowingwind...

1. Your photo must be hosted on the internet.

2. Each Blowingwind Forum member is allocated 4.88mb worth of space to store any files you'd like. You may access those files here. Just think of Blowingwind as a file hosting site when you use this function.

3. If you are unsure how to resize or downsize your picture, you might want to use a 3rd-party image hosting site that provides a larger file size cap and link to the image.

For e.g., this is hosted on Blowingwind.

BW%20Profile%20Banner_zpsn1vjckod.png

https://blowingwind.b-cdn.net/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_08/2126146714_BWProfileBanner_zpsn1vjckod.png.cf129bf64321502a3da94246543f2ef5.png

And this is on photobucket.

BW%20Profile%20Banner_zpsn1vjckod.png

http://rs470.pbsrc.com/albums/rr69/amphyxvena/BW Profile Banner_zpsn1vjckod.png?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

As for image resolution... well, that's actually not a forum technical issue so I'm not going into details on that. Perhaps a google search on how to resize images might help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi good morning guys, I just want to ask what does a light blue line mean when you see it before or after any post?

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

On 9/7/2018 at 9:37 AM, riverrobles said:

Hi good morning guys, I just want to ask what does a light blue line mean when you see it before or after any post?

The line marks the point where you last read till, like a bookmark.

On 9/10/2018 at 9:40 AM, Brandon96 said:

Hmm first time doing attachments (under the file size limit) but it pops up the 'problem with processing the file' error. Any idea why?

We only accept common file extensions, and there's also a hidden size limit per file. May I know what you are trying to upload?

Oh ok now I get it . Super thanks !

41 minutes ago, Glyph said:

The line marks the point where you last read till, like a bookmark.

We only accept common file extensions, and there's also a hidden size limit per file. May I know what you are trying to upload?

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

WQPofyr.jpg

2 hours ago, Brandon96 said:

Just normal 2mb jpg files 

2mb's the max cap per file attachment. You might wanna check if your image exceeds that limit, and perhaps do the necessary adjustments and try uploading again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 10:04 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Does anyone know how to turn off the notification tabs? Everytime someone respond to a particular thread, i will get a notification " who and who have respond", i really dont need to know and can be quite irritating sometimes.

thanks in advance.

You can't turn off the notifications tab, but you can control what shows up there. Sounds like you're automatically following threads you post in.

Go here to remove content from your follow list.

And in here, uncheck all settings under "Automatically follow content" to stop adding new content into your follow list automatically.

You can also play around with the settings to restrict what shows up in your notifications tab.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning admins.

I see that the reaction buttons has been updated. The "confused" reaction button was replaced and two reaction buttons were added, namely downvote and angry.

May I ask what does the downvote mean?

When you are given 1 downvote, does that mean 1 point from the total reputation point will be deducted?

Thank you very much.

WQPofyr.jpg

32 minutes ago, riverrobles said:

Good morning admins.

I see that the reaction buttons has been updated. The "confused" reaction button was replaced and two reaction buttons were added, namely downvote and angry.

May I ask what does the downvote mean?

When you are given 1 downvote, does that mean 1 point from the total reputation point will be deducted?

Thank you very much.

1. This is correct.

Like / Thanks / Haha = +1 point

Sad / Angry  = 0 point

Downvote = -1 point

2. Only members can upvote / downvote another member's reputation.

3. We are still experimenting with the reaction buttons and may make further fine-tuning over time.

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

Hi Bern,

i would like to respectfully request if the downvote can be removed on the reaction options or if it will be retained just make it zero points.

Is this to curb on our posts or people who post most?

If I receive a downvote , should I also downvote his previous post.

Am i allowed to create another profile to downvote someone?

There are members who has more than 1 profile.For us who has one profile, we are at a disadvantage.

i would suggest instead of implementing this outright, can you just emphasize what post should be downvoted first? Someone can just downvote me just because he wants to downvote me.

Another scenario is when you accidentally press the downvote button because even without the downvote button, I sometimes press the confused instead of the hahahaha.

WQPofyr.jpg

On 10/17/2018 at 6:52 PM, riverrobles said:

Hi Bern,

i would like to respectfully request if the downvote can be removed on the reaction options or if it will be retained just make it zero points.

Is this to curb on our posts or people who post most?

If I receive a downvote , should I also downvote his previous post.

Am i allowed to create another profile to downvote someone?

There are members who has more than 1 profile.For us who has one profile, we are at a disadvantage.

i would suggest instead of implementing this outright, can you just emphasize what post should be downvoted first? Someone can just downvote me just because he wants to downvote me.

Another scenario is when you accidentally press the downvote button because even without the downvote button, I sometimes press the confused instead of the hahahaha.

Point taken.

We are making the move to be more community-driven. If you make good postings, you shouldn't be a victim of being marginalized by this new downvote feature.

As much as I eschew laying down arbitrary rules, instances where a reply is incendiary, spam, or just plain trolling are appropriate reasons to downvote -- in my opinion. However, just because an opinion is unpopular or controversial doesn't mean you should downvote it.

We are still exploring this feature. Like most things in life, there are people who will abuse this feature. If you feel that you are being harassed, drop me or any of the moderators a message by reporting on the member/post.

P.S. Looking at your community reputation, I'd say you have little to worry about. :lol:

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

Hi,

I found out that this forum has high rank in Google searching.

Public able to read whatever I post and written.

Is that possible to make my profile private to public

OR

make sure login user only able to browse individual profile?

1 hour ago, kjboy said:

Hi,

I found out that this forum has high rank in Google searching.

Public able to read whatever I post and written.

Is that possible to make my profile private to public

OR

make sure login user only able to browse individual profile?

Blowingwind's running on ads revenue so you can't blame'em for allowing google to index their pages. But no, this isn't facebook, member profiles are public and cannot be made private. Invision Power Board doesn't come with that feature, most forum software don't. Maybe there's a custom plugin around for that, IDK.

It's not that hard to remain anonymous pseudonymous anyway. Just watch what you post?

4 hours ago, Glyph said:

Blowingwind's running on ads revenue so you can't blame'em for allowing google to index their pages. But no, this isn't facebook, member profiles are public and cannot be made private. Invision Power Board doesn't come with that feature, most forum software don't. Maybe there's a custom plugin around for that, IDK.

It's not that hard to remain anonymous pseudonymous anyway. Just watch what you post?

Well I guess it is not difficult to make it like Facebook or IG to display post algorithm.

When everything is open, means everyone can see what u write and post.

You may think it is not an issue for u but not equal to all people. This is called Preference settings.

You may just say, if don't like it, don't use it. Depends how you want to manage this forum. There is no correct or wrong.

4 hours ago, kjboy said:

Well I guess it is not difficult to make it like Facebook or IG to display post algorithm.

When everything is open, means everyone can see what u write and post.

You may think it is not an issue for u but not equal to all people. This is called Preference settings.

You may just say, if don't like it, don't use it. Depends how you want to manage this forum. There is no correct or wrong.

I don't know what you're talking about. It's not like you have to fill in those information fields in your profile, you decided to. Nobody forced you to post in the Personals subforum either, you made that choice. You agreed to BW's privacy policy when you signed up for an account, wherein states you agree to BW sending information to google analytics for their use.

If you don't want others to see what you post, then don't post. If you don't want others on the internet to know a particular information about you, then don't put those information on the internet.

Edited by Glyph

On Monday, October 22, 2018 at 8:06 PM, Glyph said:

I don't know what you're talking about. It's not like you have to fill in those information fields in your profile, you decided to. Nobody forced you to post in the Personals subforum either, you made that choice. You agreed to BW's privacy policy when you signed up for an account, wherein states you agree to BW sending information to google analytics for their use.

If you don't want others to see what you post, then don't post. If you don't want others on the internet to know a particular information about you, then don't put those information on the internet.

Are you admin from BW?

• 1 month later...

Hi moderators, need to check about the viewing of status updates page, if there is anything wrong with it?

Previously, under "Activity" then "Status Updates", we could view all the status updates by hitting "Load more activity".

Currently, it shows "There's no more activity to display" after pressing "Load more activity" (only load/view about 5-6 updates). Using laptop and mobile phone showed the same outcome.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

On 12/19/2018 at 7:50 PM, sphere said:

Hi moderators, need to check about the viewing of status updates page, if there is anything wrong with it?

Previously, under "Activity" then "Status Updates", we could view all the status updates by hitting "Load more activity".

Currently, it shows "There's no more activity to display" after pressing "Load more activity" (only load/view about 5-6 updates). Using laptop and mobile phone showed the same outcome.

Think the issue is now resolved.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Problem?

Is there an issue with the forum lately, like slowing down? @Bern

Whenever I refresh pages, it took quite a while to reload, sometimes that '504 bad gateway' message appeared after a longer than usual wait time...

Other websites refreshed instantly.

On 5/20/2019 at 1:15 PM, Guest Problem? said:

Is there an issue with the forum lately, like slowing down? @Bern

Whenever I refresh pages, it took quite a while to reload, sometimes that '504 bad gateway' message appeared after a longer than usual wait time...

Other websites refreshed instantly.

We experienced some "heavy resource utilisation" since our last upgrade 1+ month ago.

We have found the choke point and fixed it yesterday. 

The forum should now be more responsive even at peak load.

Cheers !

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Mod

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hornydog123
On 7/1/2013 at 12:15 PM, Bern said:

Hi,

1. This thread is for users who are encountering problems with accessing Blowing Wind forum normally. You can ask questions on forum features or report technical problems here.

Before posting, you may find it useful and often faster to go through the FAQ and help section. If you don't find your answer then, you are welcome to start a new reply here, I will get back to you as soon as I can.

2. This thread is strictly for technical issues pertaining to the forum. You should post your complaints and non-technical queries to the respective moderators.

3. I will be housekeeping this thread regularly to remove any non-related posts.

Best regards,
Bern

Delete my account. Not required anymore. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SexySteps said:

Just wondering... 

Is the notification and inbox working? 

Mine seems not to be not load.

1 hour ago, dllm said:

My inbox is down. 

1. Sorry for the problem.

2. Noticed the forum was slow when there are  too many users.

We did some technical re-organisation of  the database to improve performance.

However it irreverently caused the inbox issue.

3. We have fixed the Inbox already.

Cheers !

3 hours ago, DarKToweRz said:

Hi seems like the issue came back. 

It’s giving me this error once I try to enter inbox

2 hours ago, repressednerd said:

Notifications also seems to be down this time too.

1. In short today issue - Fixed already.

2. Long Answer:  The forum is  facing several issues

a. Some spammers posting sudden surge of spams.

b. Database getting big and we are doing some re-organisation ( A bit of trial and error)

c. System RAM is getting tight due to database size.

d. Today a combo of all the above happened and the database crashed.

It corrupted the system.  That is what you guys faced.

e. We have to fix the corrupted database.

f. We also did some reallocation of resources to ensure the Database has more resources.

g. Finally took the chance to Upgrade to the latest version of the forum which had fixed some bugs too.

3. Hope that the system will be more stable.

Our apologies.

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Moderator

1 hour ago, HendryTan said:

1. In short today issue - Fixed already.

2. Long Answer:  The forum is  facing several issues

a. Some spammers posting sudden surge of spams.

b. Database getting big and we are doing some re-organisation ( A bit of trial and error)

c. System RAM is getting tight due to database size.

d. Today a combo of all the above happened and the database crashed.

It corrupted the system.  That is what you guys faced.

e. We have to fix the corrupted database.

f. We also did some reallocation of resources to ensure the Database has more resources.

g. Finally took the chance to Upgrade to the latest version of the forum which had fixed some bugs too.

3. Hope that the system will be more stable.

Our apologies.

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Moderator

Thank you so much again to fix the problem and quick action.. really appreciated it.. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.