Male HQ

Mado Cafe --- Turkish Diner & Dessert Cafe@jem

I realized the Mado thread disappeared coz of the recent BW board wipe. Restarting the thread.....

Went for dinner at Mado tonight and saw this.....

567if.jpg

So I decided to give it a shot. Presentation looked lovely.....

2hz2zqs.jpg

Everything was passable though the steak could be more tender. What I actually prefer is the next one.....

mj0arl.jpg

Chicken Baked Rice, $11.90: The rice is not bland like the usual baked rice at most diners. It's actually rather fragrant and the chicken was juicy and soft. I would return for this dish again for sure.

And finally, the dessert.....

1zf5ymp.jpg

This is off the menu. Specially prepared by one of the 3 managers himself. This dessert actually consists of several different ones. Kadayif is the one in the middle which I previously shared in the old thread. The sweetest and very milky combi with the ice cream. Not for the faint hearted but orgasm for sweet lovers.

The green rolls above are Pistachio Maras Sama (left side) and Pistachio Dolama (right side). Very unique chewy stuff and the least sweet on this plate, good for those with no threshold for sweet delights.

The pastry below are the Pistachio and Walnut Baklava ($4 to $8 depending on proportion share). It's the most universally accepted on the sweetness meter. Very lovely bites and more forgiving than Kadayif.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Went down to Mado tonight with Azimuth, Jackomaki, Seraphim and Mochiponpon for dinner.

2gumu6q.jpg

We started with the very crispy Spring Rolls:

2q8vt6b.jpg

Like a Boss, Seraphim, ordered the Angus Ribeye steak:

jzh1ky.jpg

While the rest of us commoners had the Roasted Chicken Leg dinner set with soup:

290vvgn.jpg

We ended the meal with the sweet fav, Pistachio Special:

rshtkx.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.