Male HQ

China's Singing Competition / Songs - 中国好声音 + 中国好歌曲 + 我是歌手 + 快乐男声 + 中国风 + 蒙面歌王 + 隐藏的歌手 + 中国新歌声 + 梦想的声音

D-boy

Guest guest

There is a new talent show from China. Every fri night on tencent website and youtube. Every week, there will be different judges to select from a group of young males...main talent is to sing well....but different judges seems to emphasise on different thing. The 1st ep judge Yang Mi look out for looks and star factor. The 2nd ep judge Xue Ziqian more on self-compose ability. Anyway there are a few really cute or handsome contestants.....together with some weirdos.

Ep 2 (last fri). I start at the time where this cute boy appeared. Feel free to watch the full clip.

Ep 1. Also started from one handsome one.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Singaporean contestant

Just watched Sing China season 2 episode 1. Was pleasantly surprised by our Singapore contestant Joanna's eloquence in Mandarin. 

The plus point about her singing was that it was uniquely different from the others. She sang a jazz rendition of Luo Da You's - 恋曲1990. Her mouth trumpeting was beautiful! 

The downside was that she is 35 years old. Not sure if the judges want a winner that old. 

Still, I am hopeful to see the other Singaporeans show up at the audition, and make their mark.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2017 at 9:48 AM, HendryTan said:

中国新歌声2  - Episode 4

Selected 2 Singaporeans in this episode.

Olinda Cho and Stella Seah Hui Xian

Olinda was from Singapore Idol Season 1, the one where Taufik won that season

Stella was from Campus Superstar Season 2, the one where Shawn Tok won that season

I watched that episode with Wa-Wa, a veteran from Taiwan in it and was surprised that none of the judges pressed the bell.  It was a very controlled performance and unlike the screamers, it was really touching.

不要紧, 在“大雨”的季节里,我还是会“漂洋过海来看你”。。

24 minutes ago, abang said:

I watched that episode with Wa-Wa, a veteran from Taiwan in it and was surprised that none of the judges pressed the bell.  It was a very controlled performance and unlike the screamers, it was really touching.

不要紧, 在“大雨”的季节里,我还是会“漂洋过海来看你”。。

Yes.... she has a unique and beautiful voice. But you can hear that it is somewhat weaker compared to her hey-days. I guess it is not 'drama' enough for a reality talent show.

When she sang 漂洋过海来看你, I cried! It was sooooooo beautiful. It brought back so much memories.

• 3 weeks later...

Sidetrack. Not competition. But a scene from this china movie. A duel btw western and chinese music. Since it's music-related, share it here.

Quoted from youtube comments : 古筝《广陵散》-> 竖琴 《德彪西第一号阿拉伯风华丽曲》-> both side 《野蜂飞舞》 -> 唢呐 《百鸟朝凤》not only hint at birds defeating the bees, the western side lack a suitable instrument to duel with it, and furthermore they tricked them by going back to previous music, caught them off-guard.

Ya, one guy is Eason Chan.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Guest SingSong said:

Thought her first entry was really good.

Joanna 董小姐不是不好。。可能在选歌方面缺少比赛的那个性质。

她和周董的合唱没太多"惊喜"..未能拔得头香。

虽然在"掌声响起"加入喜感的音乐 但她的绝活却没拿出来。。有点浪费。。

其实嘛。。要在中国观众里得到共鸣是很难的。。

拿了一个第三也不错。。至少给大家多认识到爵士的魅力。。也把新加坡带进中国电视节目里。。

祝董小姐从此。。平步青云。。把爵士音乐多多推广。。

有表演时,我会留意的。。尽量出席的。。

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

歌手2018 will return on 12th January 2018

Here are the starting 7 singers

- From China: 汪峰,李晓东,Gai(周延)

- From Taiwan: Angela 张韶涵,李圣杰

- From Hong Kong: 张天

- From Britain: Jessie J

Super surprised by Jessie J

Wonder how long she wil last in the competition and if she will be singing Chinese songs or not..... usually these foreign competitors will sing at least one Chinese song in the show

She and Angela will be the ones i am looking forward to hearing each week

Not surprised by Angela joining this competition. 

洪涛has been talking with her for few years now and looks like she finally decided to join the show.

I like Sandy Lam's rendition of these 2 songs, especially "沙滩" with her vocals and the ethereal, electronica and modern arrangement which is a complete change from the original. Being a long time fan of Sandy, and it's really amazing that she can still continue to sing well and yet sound current.

Perhaps I'm jaded or I did have high expectations.

I fastforwarded as much as I could during this video.  Has the producers exhausted their list, 3 virtual unknowns (at least to me) as their starting 7s, I am like who is that?  Jessie J is probably the only reason to watch this season.  

1 hour ago, trumpeter said:

No big star want to join so give new comer a chance

张天 and GAI rank no 2 n 3 leh

while I don't think Zhang tian is the one and only unique in whole world (though Rihanna's producer praised her), she indeed wowed me upon her performance!
and I m commenting all these (before completion, ie I m still watching , now I m watching Gai (into Jessie), hence I don't know the ranking at all)

Zhou yan/Gai's I have seen his some other performance , not too bad...but Rap genre- how far can he go?

the only imperfection, I felt Jessie* wasn't at her best Domino (Glad that the show has finally given the chance to Caucasian! Hong tao, the producer even cried about the team's effort, it is indeed a world level singing competition that has gotten awards in broadcasting, no other singers' competition is worth our time)

*: the subtitles wasn't exactly accurate

that li Xiao dong even wept for wang feng,
but I think the most touching part is ziyi's concern for him

Matured ladies are still matured, look@ how Jessie j showed concern for Wang Feng (though she didn't know what exactly are they saying)

While Li Xiao dong try to convey his emotions , he is OVER , really over

and I have never liked Zhang Shao Han

31 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

She was born in HK. Her listed nationality is British. Her mum is British.

Very little info on her.

https://baike.baidu.com/item/张天/22316245

Quoted from Wikipedia on Singapore Nationality

"A person born outside Singapore before 15 May 2004 will be a Singaporean citizen by descent only if his or her father was a Singaporean citizen by birth or by registration at the time of birth.

If the parent from whom the child derives citizenship is a Singaporean citizen by registration, the child will be granted Singaporean citizenship by descent only if they do not acquire citizenship of the country of their birth."

Quoted from Wikipedia on British Nationality

"British Citizenship can be acquired in the following ways:

1. lex soli: By birth in the UK or a qualified British Overseas Territory to a parent who is a British citizen at the time of the birth, or to a parent who is settled in the UK or that Overseas Territory
  2. lex sanguinis: By birth abroad, which constitutes "by descent" if one of the parents is a British citizen otherwise than by descent (for example by birth, adoption, registration or naturalisation in the UK). British citizenship by descent is only transferable to one generation down from the parent who is a British citizen otherwise than by descent, if the child is born abroad.
  3. By naturalisation
  4. By registration
  5. By adoption"

So that means 张天 can be either Singapore or British citizen since she qualifies for both by descent.

Since Singapore does not allow dual citizenship, I guess her Singapore citizenship is dropped off and she is just a British citizen.

so true , the li Xiao dong really over do himself

Zhang tian (a commoner which no google machine can even detect
Wang Feng - may have to be slightly more competitive and creative to secure it strongly

In case, there are anyone who doesn't know who is Jessie J

many sang her songs to win

I am actually surprised  张天 can join as the main singer

She only debuted for 1 month and only has 1 single (not even a full album yet), hence not much info about her

One thing about this show is the constant changing of rules.....

In previous seasons, only veteran singers can be the main singer and new singers can join as PK singer

This year, the PK has changed again.... now, the PK singer is allowed to continue as long as he/she is not #7, while in previous seasons, he/she must be at least #4 to continue

The rules keep changing

17 hours ago, killerwhale said:

I am actually surprised  张天 can join as the main singer

She only debuted for 1 month and only has 1 single (not even a full album yet), hence not much info about her

One thing about this show is the constant changing of rules.....

In previous seasons, only veteran singers can be the main singer and new singers can join as PK singer

This year, the PK has changed again.... now, the PK singer is allowed to continue as long as he/she is not #7, while in previous seasons, he/she must be at least #4 to continue

The rules keep changing

killer

I rem those rules about PK

The emotional producer Hong Tao promised that every invite of these singers is guaranteed with watching them performing Live before

a show has to keep innovate

Most imptly zhang tian didn't disappt us

We need amazing performances , not  big names like Wang Feng only (who is also instructor to many competitions) yet.....

about PK, this is to ensure the PK don't just attend once and out he go, it is very hard to find good PKs, honestly I felt some PKs are a waste of time, better don't invite them

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.