Male HQ

China's Singing Competition / Songs - 中国好声音 + 中国好歌曲 + 我是歌手 + 快乐男声 + 中国风 + 蒙面歌王 + 隐藏的歌手 + 中国新歌声 + 梦想的声音

D-boy

• 1 month later...

Time to update this thread.

歌手2019 starting on 11th January 2019.

This year will feature the following singers: 刘欢、杨坤、齐豫、吴青峰、张芯、逃跑计划

And 1 more singer who will be revealed later.

Here are the brief breakdown of the competition rules.

Some changes to the competition.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, killerwhale said:

Singer 2019

Episode 1

New link. So irritating that the official YouTube channel keeps deleting the videos and re-upload with another video. Happens all the time.

Shall we predict the winner?

Would it not be the liu Huan?

Epi1 wasnt that interesting at all

On 1/13/2019 at 7:07 PM, killerwhale said:

Singer 2019  Episode 1

Tough fight as they are all very good. Surprising results. I m rooting for Chyi, my idol. Seems unlikely for her to come out top  but really hope to see her all the way to the end cause just listening to her sing is already very worth it. Go go go Chyi 姐!

Edited by shyc

5 hours ago, shyc said:

Tough fight as they are all very good. Surprising results. I m rooting for Chyi, my idol. Seems unlikely for her to come out top  but really hope to see her all the way to the end cause just listening to her sing is already very worth it. Go go go Chyi 姐!

Me too,  but I think 吴青峰 or 刘欢 will win (

齐豫 voice is still so good for  her age compared to other older singers,  just like Sandy Lam)

Indeed, love Wu Tsing-fong casual style. Quite a joy to look at too. Must see next episode result to make judgement, totally caught me by surprise for this episode. Sandy Lam and Chyi Yu all a league of their own. Charismatic styles aside, they always make everything they do sound like their signature tunes. So love the gypsy-like style of hers, Chyi Yu dress senses don't go out of fashion. 

Not very familiar with the others but Yang Kun touch my heart with his performance and the lyrics so beautifully written. How often many who suddenly shot to fame ended losing at the end including their lives. So it is a show of his character that he emerges above it all till today. He will be someone for me to look out for in my YouTube seraches soon beside Zhang Xin. 

This is already season 7 and each time at the end of the episode, I get excited and can't wait for the next to be aired. Not so much for who will emerge TOP but more for the entertainment of seeing some of the less frequently seen Singers, or some of the more popular who have faded away from performances. And the effort they made to rearrange some of the songs, it is as if attending an orchestra performances and concert all rolled into one.

14 hours ago, shyc said:

Indeed, love Wu Tsing-fong casual style. Quite a joy to look at too. Must see next episode result to make judgement, totally caught me by surprise for this episode. Sandy Lam and Chyi Yu all a league of their own. Charismatic styles aside, they always make everything they do sound like their signature tunes. So love the gypsy-like style of hers, Chyi Yu dress senses don't go out of fashion. 

Not very familiar with the others but Yang Kun touch my heart with his performance and the lyrics so beautifully written. How often many who suddenly shot to fame ended losing at the end including their lives. So it is a show of his character that he emerges above it all till today. He will be someone for me to look out for in my YouTube seraches soon beside Zhang Xin. 

This is already season 7 and each time at the end of the episode, I get excited and can't wait for the next to be aired. Not so much for who will emerge TOP but more for the entertainment of seeing some of the less frequently seen Singers, or some of the more popular who have faded away from performances. And the effort they made to rearrange some of the songs, it is as if attending an orchestra performances and concert all rolled into one.

Strong analysis esp when u mentioned : "Signature of their own"

On 1/19/2019 at 12:11 PM, -Ignored- said:

but somethg is missg

The complete episode from YouTube is geo-restricted, not available for Singapore.

Full show is about 200 mins (1hr 40mins).

Have to wait for the geo-restriction to be removed or if impatient, you have to go to the official Mango TV website to watch the full episode, or to download the Mango TV app.

Link to complete episode from Mango TV website

https://www.mgtv.com/b/327378/5014609.html

1 hour ago, killerwhale said:

The complete episode from YouTube is geo-restricted, not available for Singapore.

Full show is about 200 mins (1hr 40mins).

Have to wait for the geo-restriction to be removed or if impatient, you have to go to the official Mango TV website to watch the full episode, or to download the Mango TV app.

Link to complete episode from Mango TV website

https://www.mgtv.com/b/327378/5014609.html

tks Killerwhale

dont think wil be removed soon 

mediacorp very likely will be buying too
i noticed that all the  prog brought by Mediacorp eventually they will do a geo-restriction

Edited by lovehandle

On 1/19/2019 at 2:26 AM, killerwhale said:

Singer 2019

Episode 2

Melodramatic ride, seems everyone feeling that should be the way to the voter hearts.

Kind of unconsciously 'dropped-jaw' each time my idol sing. Not sure if it was just my own favoritism for her. Simple efforts, no fancy body movements, just straightforward singing. Her black attire giving her sense of class. Throughout the years find her one of sexiest female entertainers, elegant and charismatic. I vote her against all the modern Asian entertainers that had walked down the red carpet in Hollywood. Sophisticated and unpretentious. 

Again very surprising voting results though the one who have to leave the arena temporarily seems obvious. My love for Wu Tsing-fong is slowly increasing, this man is a killer with his one liners. Can tell he seems somewhat nervous yet comical and delivers with joy. 

Singer 2019

Episode 3

2 groups of PK Singers are here. They must PK each other and the victor will then proceed to PK with the remaining singers.

Who won the PK round and who is the singer that will be eliminated by the end of this episode?

Watch the full 2-hour episode from Mango TV

https://www.mgtv.com/b/327378/5054806.html

3 hours ago, killerwhale said:

Singer 2019

Episode 3

2 groups of PK Singers are here. They must PK each other and the victor will then proceed to PK with the remaining singers.

Who won the PK round and who is the singer that will be eliminated by the end of this episode?

Watch the full 2-hour episode from Mango TV

https://www.mgtv.com/b/327378/5054806.html

Thanks killer whale for sharing.. 

Just hope 齐豫 will not be eliminated too soon as I wish to see her sing longer..  her other signature songs or other singers' songs. 

She's joining this competition for charity work too should she win. 

Even if she may not emerge as winner,  I wish more youngsters will get to know her too. 

She's truly one of the legend !

It's good to know there is a fusion group like ANU, combining traditional tribal music with modern music and rap

The show has a tradition to invite traditional tribal music musicians for the show and this year ANU has provided more flavours to the traditional music genre

Before the show started, I lamented why are Yang Kun and Liu Huan in the show..... it will be like Han Hong and Sun Nan from a few seasons ago

But both have surprised me from each of the episodes so far, so much so that I am actually now looking forward to their performances

Not surprised with the elimination as I have never felt connected to the songs

Something about how the singer sang it just did not make an impact on me, more like 60% showing off and 40% emotions

The new comer is strong, very strong, I worry for my idol. :unsure: she seems to be the weakest link now.

The current eliminated have powerful vocal but didn’t quite connect with the crowd. 

The previous eliminated sounded more relax and totally surprised and in awe with his perfect diction.

As for YangKun, way to go. Goes to show, everyone can be young at heart. Totally stole the show! I love it a lot, very deserving result this round.

Saw there is a blonde hair Caucasian female singer at the end of Episode 3 where there is the teaser for Episode 4

Went to Google 歌手 2019 and read up on the upcoming Episode 4 contents

Wow.... the 1st replacement singer (补位歌手) is Polina Gagarina, a Russian singer, who will be singing a Russian song

And Kristian is going to sing a Chinese song from aMEI (shall not spoil too much.... go read up if you want to know what song he is singing) 

o dear the 三毛 story/song。。。。so touching
记得- 1 of my fav by Zhang Hui Mei's , how did he do it so accurate (compared to other foreigners from Kor, Msia, UK etc) w the pronounciation in 4 days?
but not the best in rendition

i hope someone will eventually sing Zhang hui mei's and sandy new song in solo

The arrival of the new person has really up the contest

I dont even know how YangKun can be in top 2 again

I luv Liu Huan's shoes
, i have no faith that sg men will be bothered w so many types of shoes

Edited by lovehandle

if i m a singer, if 

i will publish an album of all my every week competition song, but re interpret it as in , if given a chance to compete, how would u re-sing that competition songs of yours

Wow! Liu huan really can cook
the oil of Yang Kun should be used for cooking

Love the latest episode, very energetic and uplifting. Results getting hard to predict, the audience responses during the performances and after tallies don't correspond. Liu Huan rendition makes me feel like dancing too but I have two left feet. 

i re learn about Yang Nai Wen! (she really has a "black" face look)

I didnt find the Male grp : any extraordinary ( even though one was terribly sick, u can see that easily, after his performance, he uas the collapsing look, poorthing), illness wont earn u much

maybe it is time to "out" Yang Kun? (he is just popular for some songs and as a trainer : i dont think one has to be a good singer in order to be a good teacher)

Polina's rendition of Christina's Hurt is a good choice, but the chinese audience may not feel her hurt

(as usual  i m typing while i watch, i dont know the results at the end)

6 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

I didnt find the Male grp : any extraordinary ( even though one was terribly sick, u can see that easily, after his performance, he uas the collapsing look, poorthing), illness wont earn u much

maybe it is time to "out" Yang Kun? (he is just popular for some songs and as a trainer : i dont think one has to be a good singer in order to be a good teacher)

Polina's rendition of Christina's Hurt is a good choice, but the chinese audience may not feel her hurt

(as usual  i m typing while i watch, i dont know the results at the end)

Agree.. Polina hope she will be out soon.. She's trying so hard Angmo likes to show off. 

Yang Kun is too oily hope he will be out. 

The 4 singers are blasting so loud.. Out pls. 

I hope Liu Huan and Qi Yu will stay on.. I don't bother about their positions. 

Hope Qi Yu will belt out her powerful English songs like whoever find this i love you.. Vincent,  and I love you so etc.. Her English diction is so perfect if you watch her YouTube. 

Though I'm not a fan of soda green I think he's OK to me) 

Not familiar with Faith Yang but impressed with her statement made before performance that she was not there to act but sing. Very deep implications. Love her vocals and performance, nothing pretentious. She might however loss out if the audience is to judge her by her attitude. 

A pity Yang Kun is try so hard but doesn't seems to capture the audience heart. Not sure of China artists and their audiences maybe they have their reasons. 

Polina performance was with outstanding feelings but her diction is not tat great yet. Kristian also delivered a beautiful exiting show. 

Wasn't excited about male group, Super Vocal finalists before the performance but for someone so sick to even perform, it did change my mind. Their rendition and harmony is beautiful. Initially tot they got voted in due to their good looks and may not last but I was being judgmental. They showed that they are formidable so don't under estimate them.

Wu Tsing-Fong have been a dark horse, had always admired his casual self but surprise tat the audience are favouring him over their other countrymen. Can someone enlighten me, Soda Green is a group that he is leading. Is he still? I understand he recently finish his national service In Taiwan. So he is invited here as a Singer/song in his own rights? Or the group had disband?

As for Chyi Yu, not going out of her norm, I was worried she could not have make it this far. Very happy for her to stick to her styles. I doubt she can sing anymore of her own songs as I believe there are rules in the competitions tat state they are not allow to perform more than 2 of their own popular works. My fave among her English songs are Whoever found this I love you and Donde Voy. Such melancholic pieces never fail to bring out the sadness no matter how many times I repeatedly play it.

2 hours ago, shyc said:

Not familiar with Faith Yang but impressed with her statement made before performance that she was not there to act but sing. Very deep implications. Love her vocals and performance, nothing pretentious. She might however loss out if the audience is to judge her by her attitude. 

A pity Yang Kun is try so hard but doesn't seems to capture the audience heart. Not sure of China artists and their audiences maybe they have their reasons. 

Polina performance was with outstanding feelings but her diction is not tat great yet. Kristian also delivered a beautiful exiting show. 

Wasn't excited about male group, Super Vocal finalists before the performance but for someone so sick to even perform, it did change my mind. Their rendition and harmony is beautiful. Initially tot they got voted in due to their good looks and may not last but I was being judgmental. They showed that they are formidable so don't under estimate them.

Wu Tsing-Fong have been a dark horse, had always admired his casual self but surprise tat the audience are favouring him over their other countrymen. Can someone enlighten me, Soda Green is a group that he is leading. Is he still? I understand he recently finish his national service In Taiwan. So he is invited here as a Singer/song in his own rights? Or the group had disband?

As for Chyi Yu, not going out of her norm, I was worried she could not have make it this far. Very happy for her to stick to her styles. I doubt she can sing anymore of her own songs as I believe there are rules in the competitions tat state they are not allow to perform more than 2 of their own popular works. My fave among her English songs are Whoever found this I love you and Donde Voy. Such melancholic pieces never fail to bring out the sadness no matter how many times I repeatedly play it.

Yes Wu qing feng is the lead singer of soda green. 

As for Qi Yu.. She can't sing songs like Vincent or And I love you so or whoever finds this I love u?  These songs are not sung and written by her originally.

Guest Sport-coholic
3 hours ago, shyc said:

Her album 'Silence' is one of my favourite albums.

10 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

Yep, she has a 'blacker' face look than Faye Wong when both were still active then. Lol.

Guest Sport-coholic
2 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

Oh i luv Faye!!!!! But dont thk she will entr such contest

Me too! Favourite singer of all time. :wub:

Hard to say, maybe she will enter if it's for charity like chyi yu.

Edited by Sport-coholic

What!???Chiyi do it for free??? I didnt knw that

35 minutes ago, Sport-coholic said:

Me too! Favourite singer of all time. :wub:

Hard to say, maybe she will enter if it's for charity like chyi yu.

Eeeeee u didnt knw faye well, she is based in china

she can easily qualified to b a teacher or in those contests

but if u r observant, u will knw that she co-host or “observe” a song prog recently and a museum-thingy prog (i expect all fans to knw what they r even i didnt quote their full name)

she will only do things that are not ranked

She will never wanna rank music items which s why she will never

That mtv/song prog didnt rank the artiste performance too

maybe in the very last season of 歌手,she might ....but will pull off last min

Guest Sport-coholic
2 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

What!???Chiyi do it for free??? I didnt knw that

Eeeeee u didnt knw faye well, she is based in china

she can easily qualified to b a teacher or in those contests

but if u r observant, u will knw that she co-host or “observe” a song prog recently and a museum-thingy prog (i expect all fans to knw what they r even i didnt quote their full name)

she will only do things that are not ranked

She will never wanna rank music items which s why she will never

That mtv/song prog didnt rank the artiste performance too

maybe in the very last season of 歌手,she might ....but will pull off last min

Oops, may need to correct. It's the show which promised that they will be doing charity.

'齐豫在采访中很诚恳地道出了原因,她说今年节目组承诺本季歌手,有为贫困地区学校捐建音乐教室的一个公益项目,任何有关公益的活动节目,她都会报名。也就是说齐豫参加《歌手》并不是来拿名次的,她自己也很佛系地说:能唱几集是几集。'

http://kuaibao.qq.com/s/20190109A0K52700?refer=spider

I'm not Nicholas, of course I don't know Faye Wong well. :PI know about the program that she was in recently but only watched her 《梦中人》clip in the show.

2 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

Oops, may need to correct. It's the show which promised that they will be doing charity.

'齐豫在采访中很诚恳地道出了原因,她说今年节目组承诺本季歌手,有为贫困地区学校捐建音乐教室的一个公益项目,任何有关公益的活动节目,她都会报名。也就是说齐豫参加《歌手》并不是来拿名次的,她自己也很佛系地说:能唱几集是几集。'

http://kuaibao.qq.com/s/20190109A0K52700?refer=spider

I'm not Nicholas, of course I don't know Faye Wong well. :PI know about the program that she was in recently but only watched her 《梦中人》clip in the show.

oh, when u r in the I m singer prog, somehow u will be involved in charity

yes, many singers dont come here to prove themselves

Nt to worry, u do not need to be Nic (i tot they have gone separate for VERY Long?) , our best teacher is google/youtube and soc media
in short, i m trying to say very likely Faye will not agree to be involved in a show that need to "rank"

Her latest prog 《幻乐之城》 was shared in this thread too: 
, the one on museum thingy i dont dare to share (as BW mbrs r ultra sensitive, shared something slightly out of topic, it will invite their unpleasant)
she even conclude it with:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.