Male HQ

Baking Group

aldric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today i first time do non bake avocado cheese cake, now setting it in freezer hope tomorrow can get good result. Using pecan nuts, grated coconut, dates, cocoa powder and coconut oil as crust. Using 6 avocados, 1 lemon, 1 lime, honey, coconut oil as the filling. Tomorrow shell see the result.

57 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

Today i first time do non bake avocado cheese cake, now setting it in freezer hope tomorrow can get good result. Using pecan nuts, grated coconut, dates, cocoa powder and coconut oil as crust. Using 6 avocados, 1 lemon, 1 lime, honey, coconut oil as the filling. Tomorrow shell see the result.

Interestingly a cheese cake without cheese as an ingredient? Also notice no setting agent like gelatin, agar agar or corn flour? Would love to see your result, do keep us posted. Hope it turn out well.

4 hours ago, shyc said:

Interestingly a cheese cake without cheese as an ingredient? Also notice no setting agent like gelatin, agar agar or corn flour? Would love to see your result, do keep us posted. Hope it turn out well.

oh forgotten to say its a non bake vegan avocado cheesecake and since its vegan cant have real cheese lol

i just tasted my vegan avocado cheesecake and should be consider a success. Seem not bad. Lucky i put some black berry as topping making the cake more different taste. I put it in freezer so is a ice cream cake.

First time do this non bake cake made some mistake and it suppose to be less than an hour job becomes more than 3 hours of ordeal lol. I did not know the nuts and dates should be put in grinder instead of blender and in the end i had to add additional water to make its crust. I had to take everything out of the blender to chop and cut the nuts and dates making me so tired lol. Suppose to be dry crunchy crust becomes a brownie instead but lucky taste still good. Gonna buy a grinder next time to grind those hard stuff before i try again.

Edited by yoyo74

Usually blender need liquid in order for the moisture to be move. You already have coconut oil so should help a bit. As for dates, if yours is the sticky sweet dates than even putting in grinder would be a problem to chop up. For sticky dates best to cut up into small pieces by hand before adding into chopper/blender/grinder. Even for normal dry dates, it can be pretty tough to just rely on the machine. 

Avacado are quite blend in taste, it is buttery and the flavor are usually enhance by honey, gula Melaka or grated garlic. The honey and lime is to prevent avacado from oxidation so maybe using coconut cream instead of coconut oil might make it taste fuller. 

Normal no bake cheese cake usually have setting agent such as gelatin (made from bones of animal so not vegan). So maybe if you dun want it to be an ice cream cake like, you may consider adding agar agar, konnyaku or like in some recipes corn flour or hoon kuey flour.

Well can I say something? You need to add the agar agar if you are vegan cos agar agar is the hold the structure. No this you can't really do anything. You just put in the freezer and treat it as ice cream cake not cheese cake anymore. Why do you say avocado cheese cake when you don't put cheese at all. Agar agar you need to bloom it and add in side. The flour like corn flour and other types of flour is better for baking. You can try like the cereal bar type of nuts as your base. Follow the health snack bars like the use different types of nuts, then using honey to bind them together.

1 hour ago, Chocolateabs said:

Well can I say something? You need to add the agar agar if you are vegan cos agar agar is the hold the structure. No this you can't really do anything. You just put in the freezer and treat it as ice cream cake not cheese cake anymore. Why do you say avocado cheese cake when you don't put cheese at all. Agar agar you need to bloom it and add in side. The flour like corn flour and other types of flour is better for baking. You can try like the cereal bar type of nuts as your base. Follow the health snack bars like the use different types of nuts, then using honey to bind them together.

I get the name and receipt from the below video. Normally when there is a vegetarian in the name with some meat name it is normally a mock meat or something that is use to replace the meat. If you see the word vegan, you can expect no eggs, no milk and no honey. Cheese is a by product of milk so is not allow too. So when you see both the word vegan than cheese it means the cheese is a replaced by some other things vegan.

Edited by yoyo74

P2.jpg

I not good with pics had to resize my pic to be able to attached in. This is what i made. Anyone wish to taste this ice-cream cake maybe during this vesak day when i am free can message me on my line id yoyowiz

Edited by yoyo74

14 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

I not good with pics had to resize my pic to be able to attached in. This is what i made. Anyone wish to taste this ice-cream cake maybe during this vesak day when i am free can message me on my line id yoyowiz

It does look rather good. Thanks for the YouTube link. I have seen it and was rather surprised how firm it can be. Also noted in yr earlier posting, didn't realize that vegan cannot consume honey. We learn something new everyday. :)

Side track just for info: 

I subscribe to external image hosting site (photobucket.com) as a free subscriber, this of cos have draw back like ads and stuff but does affect me much. What I like is the feature it have. Once subscribed, under setting/albums/customize upload options. We are allow to select the size of images we want to display and link to other site. I selected 320x240. So what ever sizes my original image size is, after uploading it becomes the selected size and I can link it here. There are other features like manual crop, resizing and colour adjustment , even setting privacy level. I rarely use the other functions but find uploading auto resize very useful. 

P.S.: Do note that the site DOES NOT condone objectionable images which get removed or your account getting shut down. 

Edited by shyc
Forgot to name the external site

9 minutes ago, shyc said:

It does look rather good. Thanks for the YouTube link. I have seen it and was rather surprised how firm it can be. Also noted in yr earlier posting, didn't realize that vegan cannot consume honey. We learn something new everyday. :)

Side track just for info: 

I subscribe to external image hosting site (photobucket.com) as a free subscriber, this of cos have draw back like ads and stuff but does affect me much. What I like is the feature it have. Once subscribed, under setting/albums/customize upload options. We are allow to select the size of images we want to display and link to other site. I selected 320x240. So what ever sizes my original image size is, after uploading it becomes the selected size and I can link it here. There are other features like manual crop, resizing and colour adjustment , even setting privacy level. I rarely use the other functions but find uploading auto resize very useful. 

P.S.: Do note that the site DOES NOT condone objectionable images which get removed or your account getting shut down. 

Look firm? Which one?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016-12-13 at 6:27 PM, -Ignored- said:

Might have good news! (location yes, weekends preferably

the unofficial* (&Official expertise) enthusiasts pls report  here (Share your ideas too)! Lol

If u r expecting for a bakery class of an academy standard like in Shatec/sunrice or SIT (https://www2.ciachef.edu/singapore/courses.html), then this may not well be the best place
We aim to start from VERY small and ez to understand simple baking....

Chocolate , shyc, @ThePineapple @Boiboi15 @Curious_Mac can u teach? or anyone

Unofficial: Why unoff? cos for me, I m never those obedient -go-by-the-book type, so long I can cook out a dish/a pastry ie fine, I m NOT going for masters for culinary or to bcome James oliver or going to Open a RA (restaurant Andre)
U get me?

My apologies. It's been a while since my last log in.

Is this still on? I'm willing to share my knowledge about fondant handling, butter cream making, handling and piping.

===================================================================
homophobia is NOT a phobia. 
you are not scared. you're just being an a-hole!

I N S T A G R A M  |   F L I C K R  |  T U M B L R  

love-smiley-086.gif

6 minutes ago, Curious_Mac said:

My apologies. It's been a while since my last log in.

Is this still on? I'm willing to share my knowledge about fondant handling, butter cream making, handling and piping.

we need a good location where we can bake

5 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

we need a good location where we can bake

Just let me know then and hopefully my schedule allows it. :)

love-smiley-086.gif

1 minute ago, -Ignored- said:

can I assume we hve to go to punggol? kekekeke

Whaaaat????

My place not available :lol:

love-smiley-086.gif

11 minutes ago, Curious_Mac said:

Whaaaat????

My place not available :lol:

9 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Then where n how to?im.interesed

then it is challenging, while I have oven, I need a time when all are not around, so that we will have undisturbed usage of the kitchen

as u know , a kitchen traditionally owned by a woman of the house

I trust we have many hobbyists (strong in bakery , some even into selling their pastries online), business bakers and employed bakers
anyone w eyes can easily read them off BW

1) I think Location and premise is top priority first

2) the ingredients to be take charged by the person teaching/sharing
(Some are very particular that certain brands and certain items must be used, hence no1 should risk getting the wrong item)

As far as the above 2 conditions are met, then we size our target group cos space is a concern and not possible to handson for all (as this is not a baking schoo) - and of course it is expected that all items are not halal and not for vegans

I like a forum or a gathering that we can eat all freely and cook freely with not constraints

I can offer my place at Potong Pasir but it can only happen if we have a skillful volunteer/instructor.  

No point having all novices in the kitchen.  

Standard equipment like convection oven, blender, mixer, microwave oven, induction cooker are available.

Some pointers of etiquette...

Each participant pay a certain amount (e.g. $10 per head) for the ingredients..

Recording of the food preparation allowed but cannot show faces of participants...

No discrimination of age, race and body shapes as this is NOT a sexual rendezvous

Event can be conducted based on instructor's availability, most likely in mid-June...

Any volunteer/instructor and interested participants can pm me...

10 minutes ago, Chocolateabs said:

I have a couple of friends grad from there.

Oh cool thanks.

Which course should I take if I have zero baking experience? I only know how to cook instant noodles. :frustrated:

Edited by kidster

2 minutes ago, kidster said:

I need to know enough to set up and run a bakery as a business.

Able to carry on with the daily operations myself if my staff suddenly MC for the day. lol

I see. You can try. Cos is not really unknown school. Well is good if you stay at north side.

23 minutes ago, Chocolateabs said:

Hi I am searching for a part time 630 -1030, working in hilton hotel as my assistant. From 27 may to 26 June. As a pastry kitchen assistant. Pm me your intro, detail on line @ chocolateabs 

10 per hour if you need to know

Cant find id

8 hours ago, kidster said:

http://cerealtechschoolofbakingtechnology.com/
Has anyone taken any courses from this baking academy before?

Or do you have any good training courses (break making, cake making) to recommend? Thanks.

another option to look at

http://www.bitc.com.sg/StudentServicesList.aspx

They offer various courses and cater to people with start up in mind. 

I think you can also call up the school or set up an appoint with them to understand better. Good luck. 

Is there a baking line chat group that i can join. It would be great if i can always see people sharing cook recipes inside

Today made vegan avocardo cheesecake round 2. Brought grinder and cutting nuts to pieces becomes very easy but the dates still giving me problems. I put 150gm of dates in the small grinder on it but it cannot move so i take out half the dates content and grind it and was successful but when i pour in the other half inside it turn so slowly and seem like the earlier half of the dates smash to paste form stuck the whole blade. I had a hard time getting all the dates out as it stuck inside like a glue. Too tired already and i just cut the remaining dates into smaller pieces and mix with the rest of the ingredient in a metal tray lol. Today filling i add more honey and lessen the lemon and lime juice and hope it taste better if it is sweeter and less sour. The crust this time is dryer as it suppose to be. Next time i will just cut the dates into pieces and use mortar and pestle to smash it instead lol.