Male HQ

3 Reasons Everyone Should Support Same-Sex Marriage

Bern

Same-sex marriage, marriage equality, whatever you call it, in a few years I hope we're no longer talking about "gay marriage."

http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fpmbucket

Being "gay" is a sexual preference. It minimizes the contributions homosexual people make to our society every day to define them by their sexuality. While issues of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and Proposition 8 reach our State Legislatures, Congress, and the Supreme Court, we've got to allow progress for marriage quality.

• If it makes you uncomfortable to support gay rights, that is fine.
  • If it makes you uncomfortable to think about someone having sex differently than you, that is also fine.
  • If if makes you uncomfortable that homosexual couples would marry, that is fine, too. 

Your discomfort does not mean that you should push to restrict what is right for someone else's life.

Consider that you probably feel a little uncomfortable thinking about your parents' sexual preferences too. 

We've all got to stop labeling gay people based on how they like to have sex.  Brain scans, religion, and biology show that people really are different, our society is different today, and the existence of homosexuality in our species is natural and occurs in all species. This being the case, we should support people who are different and allow them to live life to their full potential, to reach their full happiness, and most fulfillment. You should support marriage equality.

1. Brain scans show homosexuality is part of who people are. Let's allow them to be who they are

F1.medium.gif

Notice that a heterosexual male's (HeM) brain looks similar to a homosexual woman (HoW) and vice-versa. There are two ways you can understand where the science is on this. First, take a look at this New Scientist article that distills it down. Second, take a look at the scientific study itself that determined how brain structures are different.  

Cerebral asymmetry shows us that people really are different. We should free people to be who they are and live their lives. Support marriage equality.

2. Using the Bible to discriminate shouldn't get anyone very far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4jryX_DGUQ

Stop using the Bible to attack the rights of others. It is time to move on. 

We can view things differently when new information arises. 

The strength of the bible is that it raises so many moral topics for us to debate and converse about. 

The strength of your human brain is that you can change your thoughts beyond any religious text when society learns that something is wrong.

Conclusion: There are hundreds of things the Bible used to express as normal practices that civilization has moved beyond. That natural progression is to our benefit. It is time to move forward on the issue of marriage equality. We have evolved our views on many other issues in the bible, this one will be no different. Support marriage equality.

3. There are homosexuals in every species on the planet. It is a frequent, natural, and regular occurrence

f0f5c1ee2afe98f80648d010308b8ec2.jpg

One article explains that homosexuality has been observed in more than 1,500 species. Petter Boekman, who put on a major expo on the subject, sums it up well: "One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species. We're talking about everything from mammals to crabs and worms."

Overwhelming evidence shows that homosexuality is a natural occurrence across nearly all species on the planet. This is not a choice, it is a fact of life. When the facts show us that people are who they are, we should allow them to live full lives as they are. Support marriage equality. 

I am amazed by the phenomenon of people setting their profile pictures on Facebook in support of marriage equality. If you support it, consider changing your profile photo. Here's the image.

Gay-Marriage-104354034347_xlarge.jpeg

I thought something was wrong with my chat window when I saw everyone's profile picture switching to this. The time to come out of hiding and support greater equality is now. 

I am also enthusiastic about the growing support for marriage quality across all political parties.  A Washington Post-ABC News Poll shows that 81% of all people under 30 support marriage quality.  Across the general population, trends show that marriage equality is now supported by 58% of the country. 

Take a look:

gay-marriage-trend2.jpg

This shows that more people are getting on the right side of history on this issue and supporting marriage equality.

If you are a marriage equality supporter, please share my article to help express why the old arguments against it are tired. New understandings of humanity show people are who they are and we should let them live their own lives to the fullest.

Make

love0.jpg

, not war.

Source: http://www.policymic.com/articles/31214/3-reasons-everyone-should-support-same-sex-marriage

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

• 2 years later...

There is no sanctity to speak of for a union that is given the option of separation, much less so for a system crafted by the hands of human as recognition to allow carnal connection between a man and a woman.

Will Singapore eventually allow same sex marriage? Yes, as there is progress no matter how slow it is eventually it will get there once the conservatives start to die out literally to be replaced by the more liberal younger generation.

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

Nice to be reminded that when I posted this article, Gay marriage was not yet a nationwide right in the US.

Some quotes by Justice Anthony Kennedy in his majority opinion from the case of Obergefell v. Hodges.

“The ancient origins of marriage confirm its centrality, but it has not stood in isolation from developments in law and society. The history of marriage is one of both continuity and change. That institution — even as confined to opposite-sex relations — has evolved over time.”

“Until the mid-20th century, same-sex intimacy long had been condemned as immoral by the state itself in most Western nations, a belief often embodied in the criminal law. For this reason, among others, many persons did not deem homosexuals to have dignity in their own distinct identity. A truthful declaration by same-sex couples of what was in their hearts had to remain unspoken.”

“The nature of injustice is that we may not always see it in our own times. The generations that wrote and ratified the Bill of Rights and the Fourteenth Amendment did not presume to know the extent of freedom in all of its dimensions, and so they entrusted to future generations a charter protecting the right of all persons to enjoy liberty as we learn its meaning. When new insight reveals discord between the Constitution’s central protections and a received legal stricture, a claim to liberty must be addressed.”

“The nature of marriage is that, through its enduring bond, two persons together can find other freedoms, such as expression, intimacy, and spirituality. This is true for all persons, whatever their sexual orientation…There is dignity in the bond between two men or two women who seek to marry and in their autonomy to make such profound choices.”

“Marriage responds to the universal fear that a lonely person might call out only to find no one there. It offers the hope of companionship and understanding and assurance that while both still live there will be someone to care for the other.”

“[W]hile Lawrence confirmed a dimension of freedom that allows individuals to engage in intimate association without criminal liability, it does not follow that freedom stops there. Outlaw to outcast may be a step forward, but it does not achieve the full promise of liberty.”

“Without the recognition, stability, and predictability marriage offers, their children suffer the stigma of knowing their families are somehow lesser.”

“Same-sex couples are consigned to an instability many opposite-sex couples would deem intolerable in their own lives. As the State itself makes marriage all the more precious by the significance it attaches to it, exclusion from that status has the effect of teaching that gays and lesbians are unequal in important respects. It demeans gays and lesbians for the State to lock them out of a central institution of the Nation’s society.”

“Especially against a long history of disapproval of their relationships, this denial to same-sex couples of the right to marry works a grave and continuing harm. The imposition of this disability on gays and lesbians serves to disrespect and subordinate them. And the Equal Protection Clause, like the Due Process Clause, prohibits this unjustified infringement of the fundamental right to marry.”

“It is of no moment whether advocates of same-sex marriage now enjoy or lack momentum in the democratic process. The issue before the Court here is the legal question whether the Constitution protects the right of same-sex couples to marry."

"No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right.”

17 hours ago, gstringuy26 said:

I think if everyone supports same sex marriage, that will be the end of human evolution? Clones babies? 

Don't commit a logical fallacy.

Supporting same-sex marriage does NOT equals turning gay suddenly and marrying the same sex. By your logic, if everyone supported more female rights in the workplace, would we all magically turn into women?

Nothing would change the immutable fact that natural and biological factors will ensure the same sexual orientation ratio. Recognizing same-sex couples' right to marry is according the same dignity to the same universal social institution as a fundamental human right.

But hey, cloning babies may not be too bad? If it keeps dumb people away..

All tough I'm not against same sex marriage, maybe as a companion is fine! I don't think Asian culture is ready for it as yet! If I tell my dad that I'm I'm going to marry another guy, he would definitely going to kill me! especially if I'm the only son! Lol...

Guest ardunos

I'm not worried about traditional Chinese conservatism in this; because after all that is being eroded.

I am more worried about evangelicals telling us about a nuclear family being the basic unit of society and all the fluffy fallacious stuff that is actually preventing Singapore from becoming more liberal. It's not helping their kids are being brainwashed by such nonsense as well as most would enforce, and will subsequently then spout the same old tripe decades later.

Guest 72%dark
On 27 January 2016 at 10:57 AM, gstringuy26 said:

I think if everyone supports same sex marriage, that will be the end of human evolution? Clones babies? 

As @Bern mentioned above, you're committing a logical fallacy here. When homosexual intercourse was decriminalized in many countries (including Asian ones like China), did everyone suddenly turn gay and start having gay sex (only)? Obviously not, because those who aren't interested in it (i.e. heterosexuals) will remain uninterested (i.e. remain straight).

Similarly, with gay marriage (or any other form of marriage, bearing in mind that certain places used to have miscegenation laws). People who aren't interested in marrying someone of the same sex (or anyone for that matter) will continue not to do so. The fact that something is legal doesn't mean that everyone will suddenly start doing it.

On 27 January 2016 at 11:37 AM, gstringuy26 said:

All tough I'm not against same sex marriage, maybe as a companion is fine! I don't think Asian culture is ready for it as yet!

What exactly is “Asian culture”? Do all Asian groups share the same culture or cultural values?

And was homosexuality really foreign to “Asian cultures”? Some googling will find you information on nanshoku (男色) in pre-modern Japan, or same-sex passion in pre-Qing China, for instance.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I should marry just for sex. Marriage is sacred and it is a sacred union of a man and a woman and I respect that. I would rather have a relationship but no marriage.

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest
On 16 February 2016 at 1:17 AM, Guest said:

I don't think I should marry just for sex. Marriage is sacred and it is a sacred union of a man and a woman and I respect that. I would rather have a relationship but no marriage.

I agree with you. In this age of human, we still don't fully achieve acceptance and anything that is traditionally considered sacred should be keep it as it is

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Guest :-( said:

I don’t believe in marriage especially in a gay relationship so I don’t think there is a need for this topic.

dumbest comment in a while. 

"i don't believe in being a vegetarian so i don't think there is a need to support vegetarianism." 

as much as i'd like to tell you to fuck off and be gone, but it is your right to be a troll and linger on. likewise, it's the same for people who wish to exercise their right to be legally married.

the topic was pretty much dead for 2 years and you HAD to dig it out. shit stirrer aren't you? if you have issues with your life and you can't solve it, don't plague it onto others who are trying to live a life they so desire especially when it comes to achieving equal rights and seeking justice for the oppressed.

and, fuck off please.

+65 9090 four four nine six (WA), fourthandthird (Line)

Tiong Bahru market vicinity

$78 / hr - tui na + minor fixing + bone setting (if necessary)

$35 (approx 15 mins + -) - 抓根 Zhua Gen ($5 bundling discount applies when not done stand-alone)

$50 flat rate - treatment of lower back / disc herniation issues. Add $10 for additional area.
Gua sha - $15

$36 bonesetting-and-go (5 - 10 mins)

Daily 10am to 10pm last appt but please text in advance. Special early / ultra late appts are possible, just book in advance.

Please keep your mask on 😃

I don't think society would be ready to accept same sex marriage if it means the start of a slippery road towards allowing surrogate pregnancy for LGBT people to still have kids against how nature made us. 

8 hours ago, West93 said:

I don't think society would be ready to accept same sex marriage if it means the start of a slippery road towards allowing surrogate pregnancy for LGBT people to still have kids against how nature made us. 

society wasn't ready for slavery to be abolished. it went against what was in the Bible, remember? and back in those days when interracial marriage is a big no no?

personally i think whether a gay couple has kids or not, it will be in their life's blue print. in my midnight shifts for the past 20 years, if it's not in their blue print to have a kid, no matter what, they won't be able to have something that is of their own flesh and blood. 

so i'm not too worried about that.

+65 9090 four four nine six (WA), fourthandthird (Line)

Tiong Bahru market vicinity

$78 / hr - tui na + minor fixing + bone setting (if necessary)

$35 (approx 15 mins + -) - 抓根 Zhua Gen ($5 bundling discount applies when not done stand-alone)

$50 flat rate - treatment of lower back / disc herniation issues. Add $10 for additional area.
Gua sha - $15

$36 bonesetting-and-go (5 - 10 mins)

Daily 10am to 10pm last appt but please text in advance. Special early / ultra late appts are possible, just book in advance.

Please keep your mask on 😃

Guest May may
11 hours ago, Rhyn said:

Can’t wait for the legalization of same sex marriages and equal rights to adopt or have alternative ways of bringing children into this world!

Wait long long. You need to be reincarnated to see gay marriage in singapore. Who knows, you may come back as a cow and eating grass in your next life, so gay marriage may become redundant to you. Best advice? You stay in britain and try not to get deported back by Theresa May under any excuse.

What for? Married couples still fuck around, married or not. It’s just for show to tell other gays that they are married, throwing fancy wedding dinner or lunch, a publicity stunt.

moreover, we are surrounded by Muslim countries, most whom behave like the Malaysia. Govt

6 hours ago, Guest May may said:

Wait long long. You need to be reincarnated to see gay marriage in singapore. Who knows, you may come back as a cow and eating grass in your next life, so gay marriage may become redundant to you. Best advice? You stay in britain and try not to get deported back by Theresa May under any excuse.

AED8B21C-A98E-48AF-B308-D25CBE5AF3CA.jpeg.96966c35c303d5f3fcac2f4d610598af.jpeg

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

Guest Chav with the skelped erse
16 hours ago, Rhyn said:

Can you please stop posting repetitive photos in every thread you lose an argument in to clock up the bandwidth?

Such anti-social, vandalising behaviour. You think this forum is your personal graffiti wall? You keep your fat ass glued to england. Singapore don’t need your “artistic talent”. :yuk:

33 minutes ago, Guest Chav with the skelped erse said:

Can you please stop posting repetitive photos in every thread you lose an argument in to clock up the bandwidth?

Such anti-social, vandalising behaviour. You think this forum is your personal graffiti wall? You keep your fat ass glued to england. Singapore don’t need your “artistic talent”. :yuk:

EDIT: Well done on posting such eloquent replies! It doesn’t take much to hide behind anonymity and assumptions. I’m sure you’ve been showered by attention, pampered by your parents when you’re younger to gratify yourself to such heights- which I’m sure, many people here would agree.

Edited by Rhyn

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

Guest Prancing Buffoon
1 hour ago, Rhyn said:

EDIT: Well done on posting such eloquent replies! It doesn’t take much to hide behind anonymity and assumptions. I’m sure you’ve been showered by attention, pampered by your parents when you’re younger to gratify yourself to such heights- which I’m sure, many people here would agree.

And the slapped ass did try harder.... :P

you stay right there in britain, bitch, cos you may not back get in that easily after brexit. :yuk:

You may be one the homeless people who can’t afford an air ticket to fly back anyway!

Yes i am assuming - and you too. So sue me, beeetch! :whistle:

Guest Baboon Butt
1 hour ago, Rhyn said:

Baboon baboon baboon

Singapore will never legalised same sex marriage as many singaporeans are fucking homophobic including MDA & the govt as well. U think every year got Pink Dot, it will change? No! U want to get married and start a new life, move to Australia or Taiwan and get rid of the stupid citizenship. 

Rhyn, I don't know what your actual motherfucking problem is, but whoever is trolling you on here or anywhere else is NOT me. 

Don't believe me, go check with the mod and ask him to trace IP addresses. Your signature is frankly childish, as well as entirely slanderous in implying that I'd even take the effort to troll you after our disagreements on previous threads. 

Whether you remove it or not, I frankly don't give a fuck since I don't want to lower myself to your level of childishness. But one would have thought that someone like you studying in the UK would have at least some grey matter between your ears to fucking look at the writing patterns of all the troll posts against you, and see that they share pretty much ZERO resemblance to my writing style. 

1 hour ago, Guest FYI said:

Singapore will never legalised same sex marriage as many singaporeans are fucking homophobic including MDA & the govt as well. U think every year got Pink Dot, it will change? No! U want to get married and start a new life, move to Australia or Taiwan and get rid of the stupid citizenship. 

The governmentbia actually quite open minded when it comes to gays. If you want to worry, do worry about the opposition parties..only sdp is openly supporting gays..but they just do everything thats deames popular or anti government. Just go ask your opposition politicians if they want to legalise gays..

• Guest locked this topic