Male HQ

Windows Media Player To Rip Mp3 From Cd

Guest wmp

The intention is to play from the computer and do away the CD. However they is norip option when an MP3 disc is inserted.

How to overcome this?

The rip option will appear when a .cda CD disc is inserted.

However they is norip option when an MP3 disc is inserted.

What is the intention when inserting the MP3 format CD?  To convert to something else?

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

I thought it is ancient that the minute you put an audio CD in, it will prompt you that it is ripping it.

The only choice I have to make was the format..mp3, wma.. etc...

That was what I expected but it will rip automatically only for non-mp3 files. 

What is the intention when inserting the MP3 format CD? To convert to something else?

No conversion, just to save/transfer them to the Player library permanently. It works only when the CD disc is NOT in MP3 format.

just copy the mp3 files from cd to your hard drive

Actually, there are on the hard disk as individual MP3files. It was from there that they are burnt to CD. And, silly me for not knowing this earlier: they can play from the folder where they are stored, playing in alphabetical order and ignoring file names in Chinese.

It would be ideal to have them stored/copied to the Player library and the folder deleted.

I subsequently did a little bit research and learned that WMP is quite a versatile program but add-ons from wmp codec pack is necessary to bring out it potentials.

For the benefit of those using WMP, after installing the add-on, it necessary to get it to integrate with the program by 'applying media information changes'. It is not automatic.

I tested ripping .cda discs to MP3. The time taken is twice as long as when there is no conversion but the upside is that you can burn more than ten audio CDs into one disc if the audio quality is 128 Kbps. Imagine the space saving.

The other thing is that WMP is able to apply even volume balancing across the disc in burning. I have yet to test how good this is on a high-end cd component.

• 6 years later...
41 minutes ago, BoydAbbott said:

What do you guys think to use mx player to play video?

Why? What's the reason for this line of query? If it plays the video format, use it unless there is a specific reason for it.

I use VLC as it plays a lot of codecs some lessen known player could for example.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

20 hours ago, BoydAbbott said:

What do you guys think to use mx player to play video?

Use xplayer for android best. Currently mx player still cannot play ac3  codec unless you install a manual codec. 

If pc, VLC player. 

Edited by Kimochi

4 hours ago, BoydAbbott said:

I want to share with everyone how to fix the problem that people are having.

"What do you guys think to use mx player to play video?"

Sorry, your comments in that message did not come across as sharing.. It was more like asking a question about using mx player to play video. What were you trying to share there? Maybe you can elaborate.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• 11 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.