Male HQ

Cooking Your Own Dinner?

Are you Paranakan..because i am.. and this is what my mum does,spending hours just to prepare a meal..making sure is perfect for the family.. 

I take about an hour too to prepare dinner for me and my bf...3 to 4 times a week. Love to cook my own dinner.

Wow, Friendly, you sound like a pro cook! I remember watching that local tv programme on peranakan cooking some years back and how the peranakan housewives took great pride and put in considerable effort to rule the kitchen and churn out perfect cuisine! Your bf is certainly very fortunate to have someone cook for him! I hope to be able to learn a few tips from you someday if u're hosting a cookery session :)

Nasi Lemak

Curry Chicken

Sambal Chicken

Tom Yum Fried Rice

Roti John

Fried Noodle

Etc. Usually 30-45 mins.

Wow, I like curry chicken and nasi lemak, food staples lol.

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

Wow, I like curry chicken and nasi lemak, food staples lol.

Late lunch today. Chicken rice. Chili chicken. Omelette. Mixed vegetables with shrimps.

1526274_544263479017703_7192002750043317

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

hi all, I would like to organise a home cooking session this Saturday afternoon (9 May). We can learn some simple and nice home cooked dishes from one another or simply come to taste the food after cooking while making new friends. PM me for address and details if you are keen :)

True.

fortunately my style of home cooked food does not have a recipe, just like mom's cooking.  See, taste and appreciate the way it is done.  Feeling thankful for the food given on the table. Something must be good when it is cooked with heart and luv ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Always wanted to learn how to prepare a yummylicious spaghetti? Wish to observe closely and learn how the spaghetti being toss without breaking and being served with the sauce coating around it perfectly? Here is the chance!

Spaghetti with Morning-Market-Fresh Seafood
For PLU only: Cooking Demo + Food Appreciation
24 May 2015, Sunday
4.00pm
Rainbow House@AMK
Chef Andrew: SHATEC certified in culinary skills with years of experience tossing and understanding spaghetti.
Andrew will also be sharing tips on what and how to make a authentic tomato sauce and how to cook a spaghetti to a perfect bite.

Demo Class + Food Appreciation : $20 per person (with hands-on opportunity)

Limited space available. Sign Up via telephone Rainbow House: 6451 0375 . Whatsapp/SMS: 9011 3220 for enquiries.
Personal class or special occasion cooking is available too. Please liaise with Andrew directly to find out more.

Edited by A & BW

• 4 weeks later...

These days I take roughly around an hour depending on what I want to cook, compared to much longer when I first started.

Usually 2 servings as one is for dinner and the other for lunch the next day i.e. making packed lunch.

If I'm home late, I take ready-made meals for dinner and cook only one serving for lunch in order to save time.

Edited by darkflame

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• 1 month later...

How many of u guys cook your own dinner when you get home after work?

How much time do you spend doing this?

Does anyone have any quick and simple recipes to share?

Do u know of any cooking courses for men focussing on simple and quick meals?

I have recently taken to preparing my own dinner, and looking to broaden my repertoire of recipes. As I'm fitness-oriented, I prefer meals that are balanced with a generous portion of protein --- chicken breast etc. There may be only so many ways to skin a cat but I'm sure that there are much more ways to cook chicken! Lol!

You should really try grilled salmon with bracolli , it is really easy to make , i make it for myself too , roughly just 15 minutes , salmons fats are high in protein , and bracolli is high in fiber , so it is a good combination ,

for me , i always drizzled my pan with great quality olive oil  , and after the pan is heated , i put the salmon in there and grill it until it goes brown and crispy , and while i am doing that , i prepared a pot of water and boil it until it's hot , and put a handful of bracolli in , after the salmon's done cooking. serve it together with bracolli , and drizzle a bit of olive oil on the bracolli and serve , if you are not a vegetable person , you can add a pinch of salt on the bracolli to kill the vegetable taste , for me i love veggies , so i will just have it without the salt. :)

dos5fn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Asam fish..first you need to make the chilli paste. Dry chilli,yellow ginger,garlic,onion,lemon grass,balacan,candle nut all pound togather. Use a little oil to fry the chilli paste add lima pulo leaves if you have then add asam water,little sugar and fish,tomato and pinapple. (Sorry for my spelling)

Can show my personally how you cook the fish or prepare . If u would like to share. Thank

Can show my personally how you cook the fish or prepare . If u would like to share. Thank

Sure can.. I would be cooking Curry Fish head this weekend on Sunday at our temp home in AMK. If you do not mind the mess around our home and like to see how i cook the curry fish head PM me. And since i am showing i have to serve the dish too right. So come and see and have dinner with us. If you are shy about dinner, just buy some fruits or juice when you come. 

BTW curry fish head and asam fish cooking i use the same type of chilli paste and menthod of cook is about the same, i will explain.  :hat:

Wow, Friendly, you sound like a pro cook! I remember watching that local tv programme on peranakan cooking some years back and how the peranakan housewives took great pride and put in considerable effort to rule the kitchen and churn out perfect cuisine! Your bf is certainly very fortunate to have someone cook for him! I hope to be able to learn a few tips from you someday if u're hosting a cookery session :)

Yes..Peranakan wives are the queen in the kitchen. i remember for my mum everything needs to be perfect from the taste to the way the cucumber is being cut. Yes cut the wrong size or shape and it shall not be use and have to re do. If one item is missing for cooking a dish the menu is change. 

Cooking has become my hobby and not sure about doing it as a business or teaching..lor. The best i can do is to show how i cook dishes like curry fish head,asam prawn,meat rolls,achar, bake curry chicken and all kinds of soup to name afew. BTW tonight i cooking lotus peanuts soup (i use pork ribs,dry scallops,red dates,garlic,wolfberry,lotus roots and small dry peanuts)

I like to use my slow pot for soup,, Already i can smell my soup from here ..he he.. 

Er..anybody wants to come over for dinner tonight?

Yes..Peranakan wives are the queen in the kitchen. i remember for my mum everything needs to be perfect from the taste to the way the cucumber is being cut. Yes cut the wrong size or shape and it shall not be use and have to re do. If one item is missing for cooking a dish the menu is change. 

Cooking has become my hobby and not sure about doing it as a business or teaching..lor. The best i can do is to show how i cook dishes like curry fish head,asam prawn,meat rolls,achar, bake curry chicken and all kinds of soup to name afew. BTW tonight i cooking lotus peanuts soup (i use pork ribs,dry scallops,red dates,garlic,wolfberry,lotus roots and small dry peanuts)

I like to use my slow pot for soup,, Already i can smell my soup from here ..he he.. 

Er..anybody wants to come over for dinner tonight?

U seem to always put garlic in your soup, that never happen in my house. Of unless im cooking that is.  Love garlis usually will finish 1 head per day.

Won't that like "cover" the other ingredient smells.

ps I want to fly to sg for dinner... :(  :(  :(

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31 July, 2015 at 2:09 AM, yuukito said:

You should really try grilled salmon with bracolli , it is really easy to make , i make it for myself too , roughly just 15 minutes , salmons fats are high in protein , and bracolli is high in fiber , so it is a good combination ,

for me , i always drizzled my pan with great quality olive oil  , and after the pan is heated , i put the salmon in there and grill it until it goes brown and crispy , and while i am doing that , i prepared a pot of water and boil it until it's hot , and put a handful of bracolli in , after the salmon's done cooking. serve it together with bracolli , and drizzle a bit of olive oil on the bracolli and serve , if you are not a vegetable person , you can add a pinch of salt on the bracolli to kill the vegetable taste , for me i love veggies , so i will just have it without the salt. :)

oyster sauce goes very well with broccoli

Pasta salad would be the fastest I assume if ure fitness oriented guy

while cooking your protein and pasta you do have waiting time to prep your salad and fruits :)

Normally when I cook pasta salad I make them in large portions and store the rest in the fridge so I can have it for the next few meals ^^

Guest Cooker
1 hour ago, abang said:

My recent comfort food .. steam fish with lemongrass, yellow onion (for sweetness) and ginger..

Easy to prepare..

O I like to steam cod, seasoning with salt and pepper, julienne ginger, sesame oil, handful of goji berries and a few splashes of XO.

Braised Pork Belly with dried cuttlefish 

and

saute broccoli with scallop

dinner's served! Tadaaa..image.jpegimage.jpeg

Edited by Silverwing

14 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Papaya with chicken? Haven't come across this recipe! - What else did you add....and um, was the outcome good? :o

Taste sweet if your papaya is good. It's a regular dish as bf likes it. 

Nothing except some salt and pepper for taste. 

Just now, Garyl said:

Awwww :wub: so much love in a single dish.. :) 

16 hours ago, Garyl said:

Hey, but I spot some beans and what looks like green peas leh...must be you're hiding some recipe secrets! :shhh:

12 minutes ago, Friendly said:

It looks abit oily but still good.. onion and dry black mushroom added and it will be perfect i would say.. 

Cant help it when you cook chicken, oil will definitely comes out.. Probably lighting effect makes it look unclear as well hehe There r 2 mushrooms inside.. One of it is the dried black u mentioned :) 

12 minutes ago, Friendly said:

This looks good.. did you add any corn flour to it.

No corn flour at all as i don't need to Create thick gravy for the dish. :) 

7 minutes ago, Silverwing said:

Cant help it when you cook chicken, oil will definitely comes out.. Probably lighting effect makes it look unclear as well hehe There r 2 mushrooms inside.. One of it is the dried black u mentioned :) 

No corn flour at all as i don't need to Create thick gravy for the dish. :) 

Did you run the chicken with hot water a few times? It helps with oil and smell.

6 minutes ago, Garyl said:

Did you run the chicken with hot water a few times? It helps with oil and smell.

Ahh never leh.. I forgot thts y laa.. Ok next time I'll do.. Thanks Garyl kor kor loll

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.