Male HQ

Cooking Your Own Dinner?

I always thought white carrot cake bought from NTUC one is very hard until I tried two weeks ago and hey after frying it's soft and not bad . Yes I also put lots of chai  Po lor . This one is real easy everybody can do it at home. Just follow what is written on the plastic of the carrot cake you buy from supermarket. 

29 minutes ago, Friendly said:

I always thought white carrot cake bought from NTUC one is very hard until I tried two weeks ago and hey after frying it's soft and not bad . Yes I also put lots of chai  Po lor . This one is real easy everybody can do it at home. Just follow what is written on the plastic of the carrot cake you buy from supermarket. 

Ntuc brand?

serve how many pax, friendly?

1 hour ago, jcho said:

Homemade fried white carrot cake with plenty of "chai-po" for lunch today.

jcho,

u really made the radish cake from scratch?

Wow finally see your face, was fantasizing are u any where near to Jay Chou!

@lovehandle It's a bit time-consuming to make the radish cake. I bought a pre-packed one from NTUC and only used 1/2 of it to prepare a plate of fried carrot cake. Btw, all along I have a face picture in my profile under "About Me" and have updated it yesterday.

2 minutes ago, jcho said:

@lovehandle It's a bit time-consuming to make the radish cake. I bought a pre-packed one from NTUC and only used 1/2 of it to prepare a plate of fried carrot cake. Btw, all along I have a face picture in my profile under "About Me" and have updated it yesterday.

oic it is NOT abit, it is ultra troublesome: must shred , must make into "kueh"
later I m goin over to buy after hearing Friendly and your suggestion

U alwys seem to cook?

my friend and I will get together to discuss about such recipes once in a while
Did the NTUC pre-packed comes with the spring onion? I m lazy to piece up the ensemble

1 hour ago, jcho said:

If that's the case, there's no point cooking as it will taste bland.

add some salt ?

Anyway I just came back from ntuc, I couldn't find the carrot cake... is the chai po sold right beside the carrot cake?
I went to the frozen fridge dept (that sells fried stuff , tim sum, dumplings) but cannot find anything

@lovehandle The pre-packed carrot cakes are normally placed with the frozen buns (tau sar/lian rong/char siew) and chai-po with the dried beans (soya/green/red). Suggest that you add some oyster sauce + soya sauce if you still want to cook without the chai-po and spring onions.

Edited by jcho

7 minutes ago, jcho said:

@lovehandle The pre-packed carrot cakes are normally placed with the frozen buns (tau sar/lian rong/char siew) and chai-po with the dried beans (soya/green/red). Suggest that you add some oyster sauce + soya sauce if you still want to cook without the chai-po and spring onions.

oh ya , I like the sweet sauce version!

1 hour ago, lovehandle said:

add some salt ?

Anyway I just came back from ntuc, I couldn't find the carrot cake... is the chai po sold right beside the carrot cake?
I went to the frozen fridge dept (that sells fried stuff , tim sum, dumplings) but cannot find anything

13 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

noted, jcho

U will never believe I wasted so much time walking 5rounds just now

I will try to search at another ntuc

@lovehandlea.k.a. @luvhandle

Aka @Since u r here

Remember the liuli gongfang posting? I thot u look down on those ppl gg to ntuc and wet mkt, why did u ended up in that place? 

And worse, got prob buying those few simple items??? Haiz........sad!!! 

On 16 July 2016 at 8:39 PM, jcho said:

Jcho

now i knw why many complained all the 3 ntuc near my house has ltd stocks, i still cannot find it...

Whore wholesomely: if u r responding to this segment

As for The all time pretentious aaa if u wanna Air your animality arse, pls go fuck a wok when frying, even a wok will find your ass dirty! Stop pretending to act as the same person after airing your breakloose actions elsewhere

image.jpeg

Edited by lovehandle

5 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Jcho

now i knw why many complained all the 3 ntuc near my house has ltd stocks, i still cannot find it...

Whore wholesomely: if u r responding to this segment

As for The all time pretentious aaa if u wanna Air your animality arse, pls go fuck a wok when frying, even a wok will find your ass dirty! Stop pretending to act as the same person after airing your breakloose actions elsewhere

image.jpeg

Attn: @lovehandle a.k.a. @luvhandle a.k.a. @Since u r here

A quote from one of the guest:

Don't defend him just because he fawned on or had some friendly chat with you,  be objective. It is very clear his main agenda is to gain friends and allies which could result in more likes!!! 

2 minutes ago, jcho said:

@lovehandle Why didn't you ask the staff @ NTUC instead of going on a wild goose chase?

They r all not around mah

n i can slowly searched for it

Dont wish to trouble them and i trust my eyesight

there r ntuc 's prata, curry puff and etc, just dont have the carrot cake, maybe it s out of stock, so no luck for me

probably, 

tabao one carrot cake could b faster for me, lol

Guest NoToUseCane
31 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

there r ntuc 's prata, curry puff and etc, just dont have the carrot cake, maybe it s out of stock, so no luck for me

probably, 

tabao one carrot cake could b faster for me, lol

Think u look wrong section bah, I seen before, not in these 'frozen food' section, its typically at the tall display refrigerator nearer to the vege section where they also sell fresh fish ball, fish cake, tofu. NTUC finest should have.

4 minutes ago, Guest NoToUseCane said:

Think u look wrong section bah, I seen before, not in these 'frozen food' section, its typically at the tall display refrigerator nearer to the vege section where they also sell fresh fish ball, fish cake, tofu. NTUC finest should have.

noted, I will try again... the nearest (to me)finest was closed down

tks

5 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

noted, I will try again... the nearest (to me)finest was closed down

tks

@lovehandle I wonder u ever do marketing at ntuc or wet mkt, such a simple thing, 2 days also can't complete!!! 

Too good a life,  depend too much on mom or maid!!! 

Haiz......sad sia  ( ur favourite comment)

@lovehandle Chinese carrot cake are quite common in supermarket in SG. I believe they can be found in wet market as well. Look for them both in wet market or supermarket in area where they sell tofu, fishcakes etc. and they usually look like this https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=ntuc+carrot+cake&rlz=1C9BKJA_enSG697SG697&hl=en-GB&prmd=imnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2i4T4gIDOAhWJQY8KHWuQD1QQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=653#imgrc=LAkoD8CWoydmtM%3A

As for chai po or preserved radishes, they can be found in dry goodies like mushrooms, beans, ikan bills area.

You missed the whole fun of preparing carrot  or yam cake from scratch.

To me, it is quite therapeutic to do the entire process - from slicing the carrots or yam, adding water/alkaline water and flour, throw in chinese sausages/lup cheong and dried shrimps.  Sometimes just for the kick, I add water chestnut or turnips bits to the mixture.  

Pour the mixture after adjusting the taste (adding salt, cinnamon powder instead of sugar) into a greased deep pan and steam it until it turn from liquid state to solid state.  The hardness of the cake depends on the proportion of the ingredients and steaming time.  

After cooling for about ten minutes, sprinkle dried fried shallots and whatever chinese vegetables on top.  I  normally do not add chai-bo to the mixture in the beginning but place the cooked/oiled chai-bo in a bowl, adjacent to the finished product.  Very much like eating chwee-kueh (水粿)

19 hours ago, shyc said:

@lovehandle Chinese carrot cake are quite common in supermarket in SG. I believe they can be found in wet market as well. Look for them both in wet market or supermarket in area where they sell tofu, fishcakes etc. and they usually look like this https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=ntuc+carrot+cake&rlz=1C9BKJA_enSG697SG697&hl=en-GB&prmd=imnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2i4T4gIDOAhWJQY8KHWuQD1QQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=653#imgrc=LAkoD8CWoydmtM%3A

As for chai po or preserved radishes, they can be found in dry goodies like mushrooms, beans, ikan bills area.

abang the process is indeed therapheutic but ........time-consuming

all the uncles who attended cooking class complained so much time to bake a cake, might as well 'but' is faster
they cried no 2nd time

Oh, I hardly go to wetmkt
Anyway, I went Giant (vivo hypermart), erm.........no!

3 hours ago, lovehandle said:

Oh, I hardly go to wetmkt
Anyway, I went Giant (vivo hypermart), erm.........no!

Making so many empty trip just not productive. My last option i can think for you is to ask for help with the sales staff at the supermarket.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 0:32 AM, shyc said:

Making so many empty trip just not productive. My last option i can think for you is to ask for help with the sales staff at the supermarket.

I m quite sharp in picking  up things, hence if it is not selling, it is not
I m there for shopping hence no empty trips made, I wont go down for a carrot cake, lol

while I may not dish out yummy stuff like jcho or friendly or royal sammuel , silverwing(just realised u changed your photo again, lol!)presenting my simple bfast:

Cold soba

IMG_7894.png

Guest guest
13 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

I m quite sharp in picking  up things, hence if it is not selling, it is not
I m there for shopping hence no empty trips made, I wont go down for a carrot cake, lol

while I may not dish out yummy stuff like jcho or friendly or royal sammuel , silverwing(just realised u changed your photo again, lol!)presenting my simple bfast:

Cold soba

IMG_7894.png

EEeeeeeeeee..not looking good 

4 hours ago, lovehandle said:

yup  I know

my stomach and throat has no eyes

hence I reaffirmed that I cannot cook as well as the rest and I plating is not the focus mah

LOL...what are the teddy bears made of? Have not seen them before...

10 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

LOL...what are the teddy bears made of? Have not seen them before...

Cube3

i read your reply(in email) i was wondering what teddy bears!

now i get u:

aiyo, the bears r rirakkuma (jp cartoons) , i dont q like them but i thk is the only cartoon fishcakes i can find in that shop

jp fishcAkes

(usu in pink/white col)

- some ramen shops will provide fishcakes too

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rilakkuma

Jp mummy or daddies tend to use such cartoon fishcakes to make their child's bento set more enticing!!!

I like jp stuff but just nt wat pokemon lah

doraemon - yes

kumamon - yes

(mascot of kumamoto in kyushu)

https://www.google.com.sg/search?ei=F6eaV4rUHYfqvgTjtbPgBg&q=kumamon&oq=kumamon&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.0.0l5.9101.11793.0.12775.8.8.0.3.3.0.305.1292.3j4j0j1.8.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-serp..0.8.798.3..41j46j0i67j0i131j0i46.lH-bmubEkyA#imgrc=69Nm0emAY2IG4M%3A

Guest guest
12 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Would definitely appreciate those who squeal at little things, to demo what is appetisingly-looking good at your own home-simple fare

some have not even tasted hiyashi/ tsumetai soba

@lovehandle with ur kind of attitude, in 10yr time u can't even cook a proper dish not talking a good one!!! 

Who cares?

i dont even need to cook at home, i m nt entering a competition!

Pls note that this is not a thread on my attitude , pls go back and slam your face to frying pan and burnt your ass w your gas stove

who r u? The moderator? Or sg govt???

is there a new legality on having the rt. Attitude In cooking??

this thread is not abt kitchen disciples seeking approval from chef gods or gordon ramsay

pls fuck urself in a sausage, before u try frying the sausage w ur retarded brain

no dogs will wanna smell your spoilt organs even after peppering herbs on them

u said so much w/o even have the decency to respect the thread title!

jiak ba siew eng tadik complaint and flaming non-stop like a sicko psychopath surveiling and expecting me to keep quiet to endure all your nonsense!

xiao cheebye is a xiaocheebye, you r the master of alice fong, 100000trillion times nuisance in the earth, not just in bw!!!

No1 got a single comment abt my dish or sttms except the guests

Guest guest
4 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Who cares?

i dont even need to cook at home, i m nt entering a competition!

Pls note that this is not a thread on my attitude , pls go back and slam your face to frying pan and burnt your ass w your gas stove

who r u? The moderator? Or sg govt???

is there a new legality on having the rt. Attitude In cooking??

this thread is not abt kitchen disciples seeking approval from chef gods or gordon ramsay

pls fuck urself in a sausage, before u try frying the sausage w ur retarded brain

no dogs will wanna smell your spoilt organs even after peppering herbs on them

u said so much w/o even have the decency to respect the thread title!

jiak ba siew eng tadik complaint and flaming non-stop like a sicko psychopath surveiling and expecting me to keep quiet to endure all your nonsense!

xiao cheebye is a xiaocheebye, you r the master of alice fong, 100000trillion times nuisance in the earth, not just in bw!!!

No1 got a single comment abt my dish or sttms except the guests

Thank you bitch @lovehandle

That proved my point!!! 

Is this thread on proving members point????

sluts like u nvr learn.... Nvm

keep doing it

keep proving

keep it up

why r u stopping???

trying to troll and b the flame champion right??? Why r u stopping???

go on

go on to prove to the whole world

pc of crap!

9 hours ago, lovehandle said:

Would definitely appreciate those who squeal at little things, to demo what is appetisingly-looking good at your own home-simple fare

some have not even tasted hiyashi/ tsumetai soba

LOL you're quite a japanophile when it comes to food! I definitely have no idea the difference between hiyashi and tsumetai soba. Lately have been swamped with work, so dinner is easy miso fish soup, loaded with veg such as corn, red pepper, yellow melon, 菜心,bitter gourd etc. 10-minute dinner!

4BW.jpg

38 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

LOL you're quite a japanophile when it comes to food! I definitely have no idea the difference between hiyashi and tsumetai soba. Lately have been swamped with work, so dinner is easy miso fish soup, loaded with veg such as corn, red pepper, yellow melon, 菜心,bitter gourd etc. 10-minute dinner!

yup, I usu will not step into the kitchen, I don't have to step (it s the women's world/control, ie my mum has full say about it)

although I worked in commercial kitchen and office setting (if all those who have been following me faithfully, will understand why)
- was it Chef Sam leong, he mentioned he wont have time to cook in his own home(for variety show is a diff thing)

in fact, I m lazy ( I posted earlier that I usu will buy from muji and then pour it on white rice)
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.sg/2015/06/muji-curry-handmade-nahn-keema-curry.html

http://www.muji.net/store/cmdty/section/S3000303

no lah, I don't usu do jp cuisine

jp stuff : yes - v interested
Hiyashi and tsumetai is of not much diffce, the jps will understand it
it is like calling icream : 雪糕 冰淇淋 冰激凌 冰棒
hiyashi usu will come w an raw egg (but I omitted that)

Did u take time to boil corn? cos I felt corn need a longer time to squeeze its essence out

just a bowl of soup is suffice ?

Guest guest
17 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

yup, I usu will not step into the kitchen, I don't have to step (it s the women's world/control, ie my mum has full say about it)

although I worked in commercial kitchen and office setting (if all those who have been following me faithfully, will understand why)
- was it Chef Sam leong, he mentioned he wont have time to cook in his own home(for variety show is a diff thing)

in fact, I m lazy ( I posted earlier that I usu will buy from muji and then pour it on white rice)
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.sg/2015/06/muji-curry-handmade-nahn-keema-curry.html

http://www.muji.net/store/cmdty/section/S3000303

no lah, I don't usu do jp cuisine

jp stuff : yes - v interested
Hiyashi and tsumetai is of not much diffce, the jps will understand it
it is like calling icream : 雪糕 冰淇淋 冰激凌 冰棒
hiyashi usu will come w an raw egg (but I omitted that)

Did u take time to boil corn? cos I felt corn need a longer time to squeeze its essence out

just a bowl of soup is suffice

@lovehandle

I hope ur mom outlive you so u don't go hungry!!! I wish her long life!!! 

Kitchen is woman world??? 

So u r saying there is no famous chef who is man??? 

1 hour ago, lovehandle said:

just a bowl of soup is suffice ?

You're probably right..I just dumped it in, not too big, and in 10 mins it was edible lor... A good miso resolves all taste issues! :D

3 hours ago, Cube3 said:

You're probably right..I just dumped it in, not too big, and in 10 mins it was edible lor... A good miso resolves all taste issues! :D

Cube3

Where did u normally purchase your miso paste? isetan , meidi ya at liangcourt?

U like miso soup?

This is for commercial kitchen: (whole day consumption)1 large pot
(U can scale down for your personal use like 1/5th pot?)

Use 5litre of water
Add in
-Miso paste 350g
-Dashi だし: 25g (if u dont like fishy smell can cut down on this)
If u wanna more miso feel, then up miso paste,
Cut down on rest (as in a commercial kitchen, in order to be thrifty, this is how they do it so as not to use whole pot of ONLY miso)
-蕎麦つゆ (Soba Soya sauce) 150g

Slow Boil @beginning and then high heat 

Last,
Sprinkle thinly sliced spring onions and wakame わかめ seaweed
If u want , throw in those 贝类 /"white" clams (jp tend to like this version)
Steamed-Clams.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.