Male HQ

Cooking Your Own Dinner?

19 minutes ago, Friendly said:

Dinner time,pork ribs with liver soup,beef with bitter gourd and black bean jacket fish. Bf came back from soccer games is happy and after 7 years of feeding he is now 69kg only hor since you guys are curious he he

I m not curious
In fact, I knew he is not extremely heavy, but u need to eat more! U r thinner than him!

16 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

I don't think his bf is that plump

the way the dishes cook for a family of 4pax , consume by 1 pax....you must be really have difference meaning of plump and fat.

i dun need to think or look at him.....just imagine every meal finish without trace or left over.

The dinner I cook is for two, and yes sometimes there are left over of course but minimum lor. You want to see the picture of my bf since u so curious or can ask some ppl here who has met us regularly how we look like. Let's not go off subject of this forum. Not going to entertain any more on this matter hor. 

19 minutes ago, Diamond said:

the way the dishes cook for a family of 4pax , consume by 1 pax....you must be really have difference meaning of plump and fat.

i dun need to think or look at him.....just imagine every meal finish without trace or left over.

that is quite true........

some are born thin no matter how much consumed

Some just by smelling the scent will gain 10kg....but for sure Friendly looks very healthy at his age

1 minute ago, Friendly said:

The dinner I cook is for two, and yes sometimes there are left over of course but minimum lor. You want to see the picture of my bf since u so curious or can ask some ppl here who has met us regularly how we look like. Let's not go off subject of this forum. Not going to entertain any more on this matter hor. 

I never in first place curious to see your bf...what for ??????

Don't bother me ...since u respond in the first place.

Just a remark why take it so negatively....look positive side, your cooking is yummy that why he ate all finish.

14 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

I m not curious
In fact, I knew he is not extremely heavy, but u need to eat more! U r thinner than him!

oh yes, he respond to show that i m right about his bf is plumb

i never say extremely heavy, dun put word here...

i should need to eat more but i m not so lucky like him to have a cook in the house.....try to be positive lah. 

i know they are your friends but i didn't exaggerate or distort the facts beside other saw them in gay sauna before.

okay....look at their profile picture.

A picture will speak the truth - 

if that pic take long time ago....so you can imagine those dinner for a family (not cook for two only, review those food picture) he should be on the "not thin figure"

10 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

that is quite true........

some are born thin no matter how much consumed

Some just by smelling the scent will gain 10kg....but for sure Friendly looks very healthy at his age

You must be joking...smelling scent can gain 10kg.

The way his "big portion" cooking and bf finish the food is above at 90kg.

Just admit that his cooking is good and big portion, his bf finish almost all and for 8 year home cook dinner..just do the math.

Don't get personal, this is a forum for everyone to share. 

I don't have to create enemy of nowhere, nor did i critise them ?????did i ......hmmm, love handle you don't like me hor.

OK stop it already, This is about food and I say before those see what they like and if interested to know and want to learn how to cook can pm me, I willing to share. Period. So don get jealous about anything, or feel like hitting on something lor. No more reply shall be entertain hor. I rest my case. Next post of what I cook for dinner shall be on my next off day two days time. 

24 minutes ago, Diamond said:

oh yes, he respond to show that i m right about his bf is plumb

i never say extremely heavy, dun put word here...

i should need to eat more but i m not so lucky like him to have a cook in the house.....try to be positive lah. 

i know they are your friends but i didn't exaggerate or distort the facts beside other saw them in gay sauna before.

diamond, the "u" is for Friendly

I m referring to Friendly

so sorry for the miscommunication

13 hours ago, Friendly said:

Wet market is close today, Cook porridge eat with Sardines fish Hosen brand is the best.Cheap and simple dinner for tonight lor.

Friendly

seemed that the portion has "cut down" (at least on the size of plates) and use of words "simple/porridge" , lol!

45 minutes ago, Friendly said:

Everytime when we have porridge is quite standard like that lor. Never cut down la, actually that day also wanted to fry egg but bf stop me saying enough already. He he 

He is worried of getting "larger", it is like going to a restaurant, all requests will be entertained........

1 hour ago, Cube3 said:

Haven't posted any dinner pics for a while: herez miso chicken, with pickled turnip, a japanese burdock root dish known as kimpira, and minced pork vegetable soup!

4bw.jpg

Wow.. can you invited me to a Japanese home cook food.. i will surely be an eye opening for me.. never seen such jap food before..don say eat... looks yummp .. i give you 7/10 because i have not taste it yet. he he

10 hours ago, Friendly said:

Wow.. can you invited me to a Japanese home cook food.. i will surely be an eye opening for me.. never seen such jap food before..don say eat... looks yummp .. i give you 7/10 because i have not taste it yet. he he

Lol sure, we should do that one day. When free? ...Gotta fly outstation end of month again, so maybe only in September or later...PM me la. :shhh:

This is ordinary meal only...more elaborate when guests come to taste!

24 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Lol sure, we should do that one day. When free? ...Gotta fly outstation end of month again, so maybe only in September or later...PM me la. :shhh:

only friendly invited???

1 hour ago, Cube3 said:

I am so happy and honour.. but in September? Next Year? You got the date wrong right.. or pulling my leg.. ha ha

1 hour ago, Friendly said:

I am so happy and honour.. but in September? Next Year? You got the date wrong right.. or pulling my leg.. ha ha

I know it must be typo but this made me laugh so hard. He looks like he need one whole year to prepare the 'feast' for you. He did mention he does elaborated banquet for guests...lol

8 hours ago, shyc said:

I know it must be typo but this made me laugh so hard. He looks like he need one whole year to prepare the 'feast' for you. He did mention he does elaborated banquet for guests...lol

Lol yah sorry, a lot of work on my mind so typo (calendar/timeline woes!) I meant November. So Friendly, -Ignored- etc. pse PM me if keen. I can only do a small group fyi :P

45 minutes ago, Friendly said:

To those who read  this forum and are  interested to know some of the picture i posted can always PM me for the recipe and i would be happy to share..cheers.

Haven even gotten to try out the Myanmar recipes last time... ^_^

I am blown away the dishes you guys are sharing. The meals I prepare are a lot simpler. Usually a salad or steamed/sautéed veggies with some garlic and butter, with chicken or tuna/salmon that is grilled or steamed. I throw in some quinoa or brown rice or multi-grain bread roll to the mix. That is as good as I can make. 

Love. 

1 hour ago, doncoin said:

I am blown away the dishes you guys are sharing. The meals I prepare are a lot simpler. Usually a salad or steamed/sautéed veggies with some garlic and butter, with chicken or tuna/salmon that is grilled or steamed. I throw in some quinoa or brown rice or multi-grain bread roll to the mix. That is as good as I can make. 

Um, according to your jaw-dropping sexy profile photo, your simpler meals have an additional benefit of body-sculpting...different from ours! :D

4 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Um, according to your jaw-dropping sexy profile photo, your simpler meals have an additional benefit of body-sculpting...different from ours! :D

Thanks! Still, I admit, I love cooking with butter. It make everything tastes so much better. Tried to use grape seed oil, olive oil... nothing comes close. 

I admit, I will add chili sauce to most of the stuff I cook still as a condiment or marinate sometimes. 

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

10 hours ago, doncoin said:

Thanks! Still, I admit, I love cooking with butter. It make everything tastes so much better. Tried to use grape seed oil, olive oil... nothing comes close. 

I admit, I will add chili sauce to most of the stuff I cook still as a condiment or marinate sometimes. 

that's typical of western way of cooking

My UK friend Jim learning Asia cooking always complain to me that asia cooking are so complicated lor. Some like myself feel every different cooking style and methods has its own beauty and health benefits ma. Basically unhealthy oil and deep fry are no good and herbs use in any cooking are good to me.Not forgetting anything that is steam is also healthy lor

23 minutes ago, Friendly said:

My UK friend Jim learning Asia cooking always complain to me that asia cooking are so complicated lor. Some like myself feel every different cooking style and methods has its own beauty and health benefits ma. Basically unhealthy oil and deep fry are no good and herbs use in any cooking are good to me.Not forgetting anything that is steam is also healthy lor

Your dishes so far have been largely nutritious and very delicious! I like all the chilli, tumeric etc. herbs that you use... :D

Wow that huge pilau rice looks interesting and nice. Usually they serve things like cucumber in yogurt dressing or that 2 small side dishes, pineapple relish and the other one not too clear but looks something like achar. Those are sort of their cooling agent for a spicy meal. Maybe a hot authentic masala tea even. Cold drinks are not on their choice list. Once info by a Sikh friend that the hot drinks actually help with digestion of oily meaty fats. Strangely notice in Sg most are meat lover, whereas in India I think more are vegetarians. 

Ha ha.. It is achar contributed my me.. I made our paranakan achar on that day and gave him a big bottle.Now that you mention I think  next  week i am also going to make achar for weekend  bf birthday dinner lor. Our small house can only take 5 special guests for dinner..Bf requested for bake curry chicken and cereal big sea prawn. A few more dish i would have to think about it.. 

4 hours ago, Friendly said:

Ha ha.. It is achar contributed my me.. I made our paranakan achar on that day and gave him a big bottle.Now that you mention I think  next  week i am also going to make achar for weekend  bf birthday dinner lor. Our small house can only take 5 special guests for dinner..Bf requested for bake curry chicken and cereal big sea prawn. A few more dish i would have to think about it.. 

Achar recipe, recipe! :P  I tried a few in the past but somehow never quite successful... But if family secret, it's ok...

1 hour ago, Cube3 said:

Achar recipe, recipe! :P  I tried a few in the past but somehow never quite successful... But if family secret, it's ok...

In which area when you said unsuccessful? Peranakan achar is just too tedious to make but damn delicious hahaha 

6 hours ago, Friendly said:

Tot so it looks kind of unlike Indian style food. At first I tot it was cauliflower aka something like aloo gobi. They usually have relish or chutney of some sort. 

1 hour ago, Cube3 said:

Recipe send to you already.. don faint or protest too much work.. he he.. Better come this friday 14th oct to see how i do it if you interested.. and I offer you a bottle of archar to let you bring back to try next day.. Achar best to eat next day one.cheers.

Edited by Friendly

52 minutes ago, shyc said:

In which area when you said unsuccessful? Peranakan achar is just too tedious to make but damn delicious hahaha 

Tried the tumeric-yellow kind with pineapple etc. and somehow, didn't turn up as tart or tasty. I shall learn from Friendly...

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:51 AM, Friendly said:

Indian home cook dinner that we were invited last week. Very interesting Asian cooking style and method too. Really need cooling tea after this dinner lor 

While I definitely know the topic s about dinner, I can never feel like cooking if I don't have fanciful cutleries and equipment, even though I hardly step into the kitchen:

but I just luv http://shuzenjiten.blogspot.sg/ http://kanko.city.izu.shizuoka.jp.t.jj.hp.transer.com/form1.html?c1=21&c2=1&aid=1&pid=3826
U may want to consider: http://linwoodco.com/collections/all also (no commission earned)

every tour includes the challenge to bring back (no matter how heavy): https://spinceramics.com/
tangs
is selling too: https://www.tangs.com/productlist/brand/spin

Friendly

Your big "party" food begins again.....to me , it is fine to have variety and large amount, but if it is like EVERY day, and every seconds, some will be dubious is that really for
and ingredient costs are not cheap too

ie why our family do not cook just for 1-2 pax, not economical , we rather go & buy packaged food....

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.