Male HQ

Average Salary To Live Comfortably In Singapore

Guest QQ

Guest Bbbbbbb
51 minutes ago, Ahseng_ said:

I am able to live comfortably is due to MFM that is hardwired into me. Only Those that are either M, F or M will understand.

Just look for the key words.

off grid living

Minimalist

Econ friendly

Old fashioned style

Retro era

Oldies stuff, devices

Manual .....

Hand powered .....

Camping

For me I am Fusion of MFM.

MFM stand for:

M= Miser

F= Frugal

M= Minimalist

I am a miser since primary school and I evolve to Frugal during late 20s and finally I evolved into a minimalist in my early 30s

I can live comfortably even if I don't owned a TV, washing machine, rice cooker, sofa, dinning table, water heater.

But wait. Minimalist is not about owning or not owning TV, washing machine etc.......  Minimalism is a tool to rid yourself of life’s excess in favor of focusing on what’s important—so you can find happiness, fulfillment, and freedom.

I found my happiness, fulfillment, and freedom to live comfortably. So what about you

I hope u are not frugal, minimalist , miser to your loved ones.:doh:

10 hours ago, Ahseng_ said:

I am able to live comfortably is due to MFM that is hardwired into me. Only Those that are either M, F or M will understand.

MFM stand for:

M= Miser

F= Frugal

M= Minimalist

If Gautama Buddha would live today he probably would be a MFM too. 

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

If Gautama Buddha would live today he probably would be a MFM too. 

Frugal and minimalist perhaps, but definitely not a miser.

On the contrary, a generous person, especially to others.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest gues
17 minutes ago, fab said:

Well said, darlingggggg.

4 hours ago, fab said:

He hoarded positive karma to attain nirvana.

A miser does not necessarily have to hoard away from others, but can hoard away from himself while letting some to others.

As long as a miser don't cheat, Rob, steal,  his conscience is clear as he answer to his conscience and the law

A miser hoard what he earn. Unwilling to spend on anything is perfectly ok

I have see any case of poor ppl only get basic care like food, pub bills from social services. Don't talk the talk, do something for the poor, needy. Why not  buy food or pay their medical bill?

That why miser + frugal + minimalist is useful to spend the minimum and yet allow you to live comfortably

At the end of the day, when you got no money, no one will get a F.

That the cold hard true

Edited by Ahseng_

On 5/19/2019 at 5:12 AM, Steve5380 said:

A miser does not necessarily have to hoard away from others, but can hoard away from himself while letting some to others.

Do u mean miser or hoarder?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

23 hours ago, Ahseng_ said:

As long as a miser don't cheat, Rob, steal,  his conscience is clear as he answer to his conscience and the law

A miser hoard what he earn. Unwilling to spend on anything is perfectly ok

I have see any case of poor ppl only get basic care like food, pub bills from social services. Don't talk the talk, do something for the poor, needy. Why not  buy food or pay their medical bill?

That why miser + frugal + minimalist is useful to spend the minimum and yet allow you to live comfortably

At the end of the day, when you got no money, no one will get a F.

That the cold hard true

A little confusion between miser and frugal.

A miser is how he thrifts on others, while a frugal person thrifts on himself.

Eg a frugal person won't go for buffet but a miser will go for one but he won't tip the server's.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Your ans to "How MUCH"?

An older person fr 55 yr old needs S$1K+ a month to meet his or her basic needs
the keyword is Basic and just ok

Some of us are still providing for our elderly parents, so  u can imagine how much that would be

younger need   more, it states
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/elderly-need-1379-a-month-for-basic-needs-lkypp-study-11554680

some even compute for u

it seemed like u need this amount close to 1.4K

it inclds all socializing activities eg interacting with frens, religious actvities  & some basic ..., travelling to neighbouring etc but excld all chronic long term medication and med attn
even Chen Jian Bing felt is still abit low (not cos he is working as a GeTai Singer or performer), and the residents surveyed also generally felt NOT enough esp medical/health insurance coverage is not enough

shocked that previously , some of  u felt few S$100s are enough! 

• 9 months later...
Guest Guest

So what changed between last year and this year? All the bosses started growing hearts to increase salaries now, or election coming so media must report nice nice numbers? 

Guest Winner

Gay men should aim higher as they don't have any commitments except on themselves. Constantly upgrade yourselves and be better than your peers, especially against straight married ones who have marriage/child issues! Love it when they have to suffer sleepless nights leading to low productivity and stress, better to kick them out of the way for the promotion haha!

39 minutes ago, leo yok loo said:

Last time got minister said monthly salary $1000 can buy house also. I dont believe in what the local newspaper and radio etc.

49344255_2160261334035187_84331011639470

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Happening
7 minutes ago, fab said:

49344255_2160261334035187_84331011639470

My parent happen to be warded next ward to this minister. I saw the kind of royalty treatment he received. There were security guards, SGH chef even visited him for daily meals request. That is our tax payer money.

Guest Guest
27 minutes ago, Guest Happening said:

My parent happen to be warded next ward to this minister. I saw the kind of royalty treatment he received. There were security guards, SGH chef even visited him for daily meals request. That is our tax payer money.

Don't anyhow say. These guys do not get any extra privileges other than their top notched salary to keep our government clean, okaaaay? That's why the other politicians in other countries are getting lower salary than the politicians in Singapore. We have been told that for countless generations already, so it must be true. Later you kenna POFMA jialat jialat than you know. Hahahaha... 

Ya la the chef Prolly just wanna wayang n plp a little.

Not often to have a ministar as a patient.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Don't anyhow say. These guys do not get any extra privileges other than their top notched salary to keep our government clean, okaaaay? That's why the other politicians in other countries are getting lower salary than the politicians in Singapore. We have been told that for countless generations already, so it must be true. Later you kenna POFMA jialat jialat than you know. Hahahaha... 

They propagate so hard to brainwash, at least we must pretend to believe.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 5/19/2019 at 5:12 AM, Steve5380 said:

Karma is NOT a zero sum game.

It's a win win game. Like a budget airline slogan, now everyone can fly.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest guest
On 3/1/2020 at 5:04 PM, nuanua said:

Yesterday the new reported the media take home gross $3.8k for fresh grad, which is higher than last year.  Is that true? 

Fresh grad salary now is $3.8k? So high? No wonder younger generation now all can afford to spend and enjoy life.

I think the title of this topic in linking ‘comfortable life’ with ‘salary’ itself brings a very misconception.

‘Comfortable life’ = 3 meals a day without worry? Different people have different expectations. For me, it not only means 3 meals but also means no fear in losing a job, got a job which I love, got personal time to smell the roses, no loans/debts to pay, can go overseas holiday 2-3 times a year (stay in at least 3-4 stars hotel), can go private clinic/hospital when unwell.  

Most people will think to achieve the above, one either has to be frugal and/or be earning a high salary. My question to being frugal is, how can a life be considered as ‘comfortable’ if one has to be constantly frugal? And to those who think high salary is the answer, I can tell you, if you are there (ever there!), you will be so fearful of losing your job & you will probably be slaving your life away to keep it!

So in short, if being frugal & striving to earn a high salary is not the answer, whoever wanting to achieve that better find an alternative route! 

Edited by robin

18 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Fresh grad salary now is $3.8k? So high? No wonder younger generation now all can afford to spend and enjoy life.

High?

In the 70s, a graduate pay is about 12% of a ministar. Now it is only about 2%.

Do u wanna know the ratio of property to salary? 

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

dear

this is better than in the past, even if there are inflation annually
from the time i NS till i ORD in end 90s, it was just 200sgd+!!!! and we started from below 200sgdit is ridiculous!! and our treasury is rich w cash
now recruits can start from S$630???????  https://www.mothership.sg/2020/03/ns-allowance-increase-2020/

our training and tasks were much tougher then

and now Complimentary gym membership to prepare pre-enlistees

Of course is better than the past...during that time , HDB only cost $90k...yah go live in the past.

Guest guest
10 hours ago, fab said:

High?

In the 70s, a graduate pay is about 12% of a ministar. Now it is only about 2%.

Do u wanna know the ratio of property to salary? 

Really?

5 hours ago, robin said:

Interesting statement. Any evidence? 

8 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Really?

Google for it.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
55 minutes ago, robin said:

The internet has lots of fake news & it does not take much common sense to know this. One has to speak credibly with evidence 

So what do you mean to imply? That ministers in the 1970s in the past used to earn even more, or less, than what was said of a graduate then? Any evidence? You do know it is almost a black box when it comes to such information provided, right? Can you point us to what you know? Or are you just another IB out to defend your beloved party? 

1 hour ago, robin said:

The internet has lots of fake news & it does not take much common sense to know this. One has to speak credibly with evidence 

If one is knowledgeable and resourceful enough, it's not difficult to know the truth.

Unfortunately I don't believe in spoon-feeding.

By the way, if you'd like to behave like a sheep, it's your choice. I have no responsibility nor obligation in you.

Goodness gracious, you really piss me off. While it was not my intention to discuss about ministers pay here, You mean you donno SG govt is the highest paid globally? U just got back from Mars?

Just face it that the gaps of the pays between the ministers and the people will only widen in time to come.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 3/5/2020 at 12:56 AM, fab said:

If one is knowledgeable and resourceful enough, it's not difficult to know the truth.

Unfortunately I don't believe in spoon-feeding.

By the way, if you'd like to behave like a sheep, it's your choice. I have no responsibility nor obligation in you.

Goodness gracious, you really piss me off. While it was not my intention to discuss about ministers pay here, You mean you donno SG govt is the highest paid globally? U just got back from Mars?

Just face it that the gaps of the pays between the ministers and the people will only widen in time to come.

I agree with fab.

Now they even try to lock even more of our money into the CPF (because they say we dont know how to manage our own money) n tell us that later (dont know how late is later) we can retire happily.

Biggest joke of the year

Money always Not Enough

The cleaner in my office earns around $2k per month. She gets by.

I once read that a mother whose combined household income is $12k per month struggles to get by.

A certain Senior Minister of State once declared that his ministerial salary is not enough to support his mil, fil and family, despite his additional earnings as a top lawyer.

So how much is then enough to live comfortably? All depend on how you live your life. Earn a little more, then treat yourself a little better. Earn a little less, then spend a little more carefully.

Guest guest
33 minutes ago, justanotherme said:

I am earning 6k+ range. Single and staying with family. 20% goes to cpf, 800 to parents. I don't go out or shop much, but quite a bit is spent on meals. Every meal sets me back around 10 bucks, with occasional splurging that can go up to 50. I would think that I am living quite comfortably. 

$6k+ consider salary not low, confirmed can live quite comfortably. Some people can even buy car and house even lower than your salary, and still can survive.

49 minutes ago, Think Of Others said:

Money always Not Enough

The cleaner in my office earns around $2k per month. She gets by.

I once read that a mother whose combined household income is $12k per month struggles to get by.

A certain Senior Minister of State once declared that his ministerial salary is not enough to support his mil, fil and family, despite his additional earnings as a top lawyer.

So how much is then enough to live comfortably? All depend on how you live your life. Earn a little more, then treat yourself a little better. Earn a little less, then spend a little more carefully.

Yet another ministar said $1ķ salary is qualified to apply for a flat. 

So contradicting.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

If a person is in his mid 40s and have been working for about 20 years in admin function, what should be the average salary should this person earning now?

11 hours ago, Guest guest said:

If a person is in his mid 40s and have been working for about 20 years in admin function, what should be the average salary should this person earning now?

It really depends on the scope of his work. Is the person in a managerial role for example an office manager? Probably 3 - 4k range?

image.thumb.png.2312c258d4487e44523d3e80e782045c.png

Just dropping this from singstat but 50th percentile household income is nearly 10k *ded* (but this value takes in CPF contribution from the employer as well, so after income tax and cpf its roughly 5+k?)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.