Male HQ

Bangkok ( Thailand ) - Massage / Sauna Compiled)

GachiMuchi

5 hours ago, tomcat said:

I appreciate your sharing. Thanks. 

Depends on the partner! Haha

Mine is very ticklish so he actually feels more stressed doing thai or oil massage. Also partly because those who do get massaged often generally know the sequence so there are no surprises. For a ticklish person, not the case. 

The only time he gets full body massaged is after beach time, so probably a bit sunburnt and his favourite is a full body aloe vera, which is my treat for him.

Usually he is more than happy with a foot abd shoulder massage. Even then sometimes a new masseuse will try to go up higher than necessary to touch him, and he report back to me afterwards. His normal masseuse does not venture into "private territory" lol.

So sometimes I go alone or with him. But most times, even alone I tend to not get extras even when they are offered free. Generally in bangkok, sex can be gotten elsewhere (sauna, club, etc) so i really enjoy a massage for what it is. 

Still, it doesnt hurt to be massaged by a nice looking man. And the touch-and-feel is still a nice game to play and indulge in. 

Anyway during songkran and other major events, i can honestly say the massage customers can be hotter than the masseuse themselves, haha. And since we are mostly sexed out from other activities or home parties, the massage is purely professional.

hi, I will be going to Bangkok from 2 to 7 May 19 for the first time alone. I would like to go for some good massage by male masseur , preferably good looking and clean premises.  Also, can anyone recommend which hotel is good.  I like nice hotel with clean rooms, towels, availability of swimming pool, sauna would be great .  Wonder is anyone is going during this period. we could meet up too.

7 hours ago, tomcat said:

Haha ok ok no need to get upset. It's my experience and i have my own reading of the situation, as i was there personally while you are just inferring.

Trace back my forum history, i visit Bangkok up to 6 times a year so I have had my fair share of experience to assess a massage place, and its overall service standards. 

Ive had close connections with the masseuse such that they notify me when they are changing workplaces or going back home to stop for a while. While you are inferring and half guessing, the data I share is from my own interactions with them and other thai friends.

So check yourself. 

The rent is higher at that section, unlike Adam, or even Prime, that is tucked away at the inner streets, Nakarat is directly on the Saladaeng stretch by the main road itself. Deduce from that what you will. 

Anyone familiar with Silom knows this, unless you want to be contrary just for the sake of it.

Inferring? You are assuming. I go to bangkok not less than 5 times a year. I rest my case. No point arguing.

12 hours ago, justanotherme said:

Inferring? You are assuming. I go to bangkok not less than 5 times a year. I rest my case. No point arguing.

gentlemen, 
not sure what is goin on

for @tomcat, i knew all of u r all experts of Bkk for a clear reason esp based on your frequency of visiting
leave the economics to them , u guys just focus on visiting 

19 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

gentlemen, 
not sure what is goin on

for @tomcat, i knew all of u r all experts of Bkk for a clear reason esp based on your frequency of visiting
leave the economics to them , u guys just focus on visiting 

It's okay, nothing unusual around these parts. people disagree and it's our choice to ignore or let is escalate. you know lah.
just state facts, share observations and no need to get all riled up and emotional. 

anyway, back to your regular programming! haha.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Went to just relax onsen

Very big and spacious. 700thb. Free shuttle service from thong lor. Mostly gays but really no action. possible to have actions but the attendants were very vigilant. 

Compare to yunomori onsen, i prefer yunomori because of the open air outdoor segment. Just relax has more ans bigger pools. Yunomori smaller but open air.

On the whole, would go back to yunomori. 

On 3/19/2019 at 1:23 AM, gardersecret said:

thinking of a short getaway. Anyone can share a list of places to visit?

Thinking of going to unwind, do nothing.

perhaps a massage or two? 

anyone could guide me? considered first-timer to bkk, probably go solo as well.

perhaps can recommend an area for me to look see which accommodation i should book? activities to do.. just need a mental break from everything here in SG

if not can pm me and we could chat privately.. thank you in advance.

Guest Inspector AGEget
16 hours ago, Guest Thomas Didymuz Toh said:

24 chn bottom here, going alone.

Wow it is this 老娘 again.  How come she never age one ar?  The post from a few years ago was 24 and now she's still 24. Did she count her age in leap years, or think it is 1965 because the Alzheimer starts kicking in again?   And another thing.  How to meet up with "anyone" when she's not leaving any of her contact, like phone number or register as a user at all?  Supposed it could be in another medium or imaginary kind?

On 3/19/2019 at 1:23 AM, gardersecret said:

thinking of a short getaway. Anyone can share a list of places to visit?

Thinking of going to unwind, do nothing.

perhaps a massage or two? 

Are you looking to visit places & sites or unwind and do nothing? Sorry but those sounds opposite to each other, so it's a bit contradictory.

On 3/24/2019 at 8:27 PM, gardersecret said:

anyone could guide me? considered first-timer to bkk, probably go solo as well.

perhaps can recommend an area for me to look see which accommodation i should book? activities to do.. just need a mental break from everything here in SG

if not can pm me and we could chat privately.. thank you in advance.

If we are hearing you correctly, you just want to relax - not to shop, eat and all that. in this case, a more upscale accommodation in a nicer area might be a good fit, instead of a mid-level hotel which most people might get as they will be out the whole day.

You might just want to splurge a bit more, and fully enjoy the amenities within the hotel and nearby surroundings. I would reccommend Hotel Athenee, or if you really have the cash, Okura Prestige. Both is  near to Central Embassy. Out of all the Central malls, this one is the quieter one with some restobars and restaurants. Connected to Ploenchit BTS.

Okura Prestige attracts a Japanese demographic, so when i was there, I did see a few Japanese guys on the app, possibly on the down-low. if this is your thing, it might be worth exploring. But basically that whole area (upper Lumphini / Sukhumvit area) is a bit less hectic and seedy than say, Silom or Sathorn. Most of the luxury hotel chains are in this area as well. 

So if you are trying to go for a quiet calm peaceful few days, this would be my sugggestion. Of course, if you do feel like venturing into bustling bangkok, you always can. Terminal 21, Siam Paragon etc is just a few stations down. 

Icon Siam is the newest kid on the block, and I was brought there last trip, but honestly not really worth the hype. it's just another mall. The key attraction there is the Apple store, which is modelled after the one in US, with the grove/park concept. If you want to avoid crowds, give this a miss. 

Hope this helps.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

8 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Are you looking to visit places & sites or unwind and do nothing? Sorry but those sounds opposite to each other, so it's a bit contradictory.

If we are hearing you correctly, you just want to relax - not to shop, eat and all that. in this case, a more upscale accommodation in a nicer area might be a good fit, instead of a mid-level hotel which most people might get as they will be out the whole day.

You might just want to splurge a bit more, and fully enjoy the amenities within the hotel and nearby surroundings. I would reccommend Hotel Athenee, or if you really have the cash, Okura Prestige. Both is  near to Central Embassy. Out of all the Central malls, this one is the quieter one with some restobars and restaurants. Connected to Ploenchit BTS.

Okura Prestige attracts a Japanese demographic, so when i was there, I did see a few Japanese guys on the app, possibly on the down-low. if this is your thing, it might be worth exploring. But basically that whole area (upper Lumphini / Sukhumvit area) is a bit less hectic and seedy than say, Silom or Sathorn. Most of the luxury hotel chains are in this area as well. 

So if you are trying to go for a quiet calm peaceful few days, this would be my sugggestion. Of course, if you do feel like venturing into bustling bangkok, you always can. Terminal 21, Siam Paragon etc is just a few stations down. 

Icon Siam is the newest kid on the block, and I was brought there last trip, but honestly not really worth the hype. it's just another mall. The key attraction there is the Apple store, which is modelled after the one in US, with the grove/park concept. If you want to avoid crowds, give this a miss. 

Hope this helps.

What is the easiest way to Iconsiam ? Just curious to see. I googled and got conflicting information. It seems it is 1km away from the nearest BTS Saphan Taksin and still need to get onto a boat?

1 hour ago, midkemia said:

What is the easiest way to Iconsiam ? Just curious to see. I googled and got conflicting information. It seems it is 1km away from the nearest BTS Saphan Taksin and still need to get onto a boat?

Long story short there is no easy way. The most scenic and popular is the free shuttle boat - it's just a 10 min boat ride.

But dude, I found all this info in 2 mins just by searching google leh

https://www.eatandtravelwithus.com/2018/12/how-to-go-iconsiam-bangkok/

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

Long story short there is no easy way. The most scenic and popular is the free shuttle boat - it's just a 10 min boat ride.

But dude, I found all this info in 2 mins just by searching - remember, google is your friend.

https://www.eatandtravelwithus.com/2018/12/how-to-go-iconsiam-bangkok/

Thanks. I found similar instructions from another site. Seems a chore to get there so wanted to confirm it. I might stick to Central World that is more accessible. 

Agree with you on Central Embassy. It's so peaceful there.

1 hour ago, midkemia said:

Thanks. I found similar instructions from another site. Seems a chore to get there so wanted to confirm it. I might stick to Central World that is more accessible. 

Agree with you on Central Embassy. It's so peaceful there.

it's not a chore at all, as easy as it gets. The shuttle boat leaves right from the pier under BTS Saphan Taksin, operates at a high frequency of every 10 minutes, is an enjoyable thing in and of itself, and takes a maximum of 10 minutes as tomcat already said. 

Iconsiam is well worth the visit too, as it is quite distinct from all the other shopping malls, expecially the Thai market-style ground floor. Much better than the SUPER-boring Central Embassy!!

14 minutes ago, bkkuser said:

it's not a chore at all, as easy as it gets. The shuttle boat leaves right from the pier under BTS Saphan Taksin, operates at a high frequency of every 10 minutes, is an enjoyable thing in and of itself, and takes a maximum of 10 minutes as tomcat already said. 

Iconsiam is well worth the visit too, as it is quite distinct from all the other shopping malls, expecially the Thai market-style ground floor. Much better than the SUPER-boring Central Embassy!!

I found it a hassle when I stay in Hilton last time having to wait for the boat and all. Yeah I know it is 13 mins from Saphan Taksin assuming not a long queue. 

I agree re Central Embassy but that's why I go there because there is no crowd so it is great for a leisurely meal.

17 minutes ago, bkkuser said:

I agree on Iconsiam... It's such an interesting place. It offers many makan place, too. 

Another restaurant that I love to visit is the Dean & DeLuca Mahanakhon. 

If I cant feel it, I aint faking it

10 hours ago, tomcat said:

Hope this helps.

Thank you!

16 hours ago, tomcat said:

just read this post in full for the first time. I'd disagree on Iconsiam being just another mall. i suspect you didn't go to that Thai-style ground floor? The key attraction is NOT the Apple store (except for the brand-name crazy Thais and maybe Chinese, but seriously, how much more boring can it get???), at least to the foreign tourist and indeed quite some (not so apple-conscious) Thais who flock to the ground floor. The rest of the mall above is indeed just another mall, though the setting by the river is nice (but not itself a reason to go).

Also the Japanese department store with lots of Japanese food options might be a draw for some. 

7 hours ago, bkkuser said:

just read this post in full for the first time. I'd disagree on Iconsiam being just another mall. i suspect you didn't go to that Thai-style ground floor? The key attraction is NOT the Apple store (except for the brand-name crazy Thais and maybe Chinese, but seriously, how much more boring can it get???), at least to the foreign tourist and indeed quite some (not so apple-conscious) Thais who flock to the ground floor. The rest of the mall above is indeed just another mall, though the setting by the river is nice (but not itself a reason to go).

Also the Japanese department store with lots of Japanese food options might be a draw for some. 

I did explore the whole place after a lunch appointment there. Apart from the massive retail in the upper wings and central areas, the lower floors are dedicated to food & general shops. There is the luxury F&B side and also the more affordable eating  - the one you mentioned would be placed somewhere near there? A recreation of a floating market and food stalls. Maybe it all looks contrived and inauthentic to me. especially when there are actual floating markets within the city.

plus, the crowds! at one stall, i think there was 30 ppl in line to buy fried chicken, the same ones sold on the streets. but that is one of the cheaper things you can get there, so i get why it is a hit.

i do have to say that i am not a mall person by any stretch of the imagination, so for me it's the equivalent of visiting a very crowded dentist convention or something.  the only shop that was truly bustling, with a queue to enter was the Apple grove. It generated a lot of attention, because the local rebrand incorporated a Thai font ligature into the famous logo - and also it is the first within Asia to carry the "grove" approach. I know fan boys made it a point to visit. Even then, I think it's more people milling around, and maybe only a scant percentage actually buying anything inside.

iconsiamphoto.jpg?resize=1500,1000

if anyone has seen Dawn of the Dead -  all those slow shuffling people aimlessly wondering reminds me of zombies - those films were a social commentary on mindless consumerism, so i suppose there is a parallel that has only grown stronger since the movie was made in 1970s.

So I think this highlights personal preferences to the mall experience - for anyone reading, do keep your own likes and dislikes in mind to assess. In contrast, I actually love Central Embassy, and the Open House bookstore. Very calm, and relaxing place to read, and the mall itself is very spacious and quiet.

12 hours ago, gardersecret said:

Thank you!

No worries, hope you have a good relaxing stay!

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

yes it is true, the Thai style floor may be contrived, and it is certainly not a REAL floating market. It is a traditional Thai concept and design they picked up to incorporate into a modern shopping mall, which hasn't done before (afaik). Previously, it was all about flashy modernism, now they revived their roots and local culture and traditions to incorporate that into what's called the "shopping experience". That's what sets it apart from other malls. The products and foods sold there match that concept, and I guess are an opportunity to get a glimpse of those right in the city, without having to venture to a real market, and in an airconditioned environment, too (which the locals love haha). 

This whole rediscovering of Thai traditions is rather trendy in Thailand these days and got a huge boost last year with the immensely popular TV series Love Destiny (บุพเพสันนิวาส Bupphesanniwat).

Edited by bkkuser

19 minutes ago, bkkuser said:

yes it is true, the Thai style floor may be contrived, and it is certainly not a REAL floating market. It is a traditional Thai concept and design they picked up to incorporate into a modern shopping mall, which hasn't done before (afaik). Previously, it was all about flashy modernism, now they revived their roots and local culture and traditions to incorporate that into what's called the "shopping experience". That's what sets it apart from other malls. The products and foods sold there match that concept, and I guess are an opportunity to get a glimpse of those right in the city, without having to venture to a real market, and in an airconditioned environment, too (which the locals love haha). 

This whole rediscovering of Thai traditions is rather trendy in Thailand these days and got a huge boost last year with the immensely popular TV series Love Destiny (บุพเพสันนิวาส Bupphesanniwat).

Sounds like Macau Venitian, etc with man made water for gondolas to ride on to give you the experience of being in Venice. Would be good to have a taste of the Floating Market when I am in BKK next. 

2 minutes ago, bkkuser said:

conceptually, it is very strong. the visuals override the unnaturalness, so i suppose it is primarily for tourists - as locals can get the same street foods probably right across their houses.

I did exhaust myself and decided to rest on a bench next to the "floor stalls" - opposite one lady that was selling traditional steamed cakes. the good thing is that a minority of the vendors are able to cook authentically. i saw her making the cups from leaves,  spoon the yam or rice pudding base, and then dressing it with colourful confections and toppings, before steaming it. 

The popular fried chicken stall just beside however does not fry their food onsite - but trolleys of hanging chicken is wheeled out from the back every 15 minutes. Same also for the other foods, like satays, noodles, fried rice, due to the indoor location, these are reheated for selling or just kept warm. Technically, the space is not fitted with venting to perform as a food court, so even though these stalls are permanent, the overall facilities are that of a temporary stall at a food fair, which presents many operational difficulties. how to sell nice food if you are not even allowed to cook on site??

i just hope the management does not charge crazy rent for the minimal setup. As mentioned, a number of these stalls are literally just platforms on the floor. after a good 30 mins just observing the cakes lady, i bought 4 cakes , overpaid and told her to keep the change - as it was hard work for her and her son to cook, assemble and sell at the same time, within the space constraints. the stall was approx 2m x 2m - a tight squeeze!

overall, i guess visitors would still enjoy the bright colourful setting, even if it has been garishly dialed up, they wouldn't know. it's like a traditional hyper-reality shopping arcade. many ppl enjoyed taking photos with the pair of elephants, the male sporting a huge boner. interesting choice. 

just some observations, haha.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

I enjoyed IconSiam so much that I went there a second time in the evening to catch the fountain show.  The ground floor is largely taken up by Sook Siam which is very attractive with its bright lights reminding me of a pasar malam albeit in aircon comfort.  The food outlets on level 6 are set around very aesthetically pleasing surroundings. Overall, walking from floor to floor is very pleasing as the escalators are easily located ahead of you. 

Am considering to go Songkran for the first time. For those who have been to Songkran before in BKK, any advice on:

1. What to pack for the trip? Compared to non songkran trips

2. Where to go for happening things if I didn't buy G circuit tickets

3. Should I stay in Silom or outside Silom?

4. Heard people literally start shooting at each other on the streets. How do we keep our phones and wallets dry and safe?

5. Any other advice?

Guest Guest songkran

Just bring more T shirt and short and a slipper. 

staying in silom is interesting. U will see thousands and thousands of people water battling along silom Rd under the sala deang BTS station for 2-3 days. Eye opening.

u can buy a plastic bag (about b4 size) hanging on your neck for keeping your phone, small camera and money to prevent getting wet. Be artful when u using your camera out of sudden u will get a big splash of water from behind. u can stay along the walk way above the station and seeing big group of people water fighting underneath and enjoy a little while of dry.

you will get wet walking any where along the road.

U can buy a water gun and join the water battling. Hawkers will sell water at 10 baht to fill up your water gun.

beside ice water they also put white power on your face. People are happy cheerful all along the road. 

Beside silom, other places like Kaosan  road, shopping areas are also interesting places.

massage shops with less staff(going to their hometown) and more customers(more tourists during festive) are very busy. 

It is an interesting experience. Participate and enjoy but be safe.

8 hours ago, Guest Guest songkran said:

Just bring more T shirt and short and a slipper. 

staying in silom is interesting. U will see thousands and thousands of people water battling along silom Rd under the sala deang BTS station for 2-3 days. Eye opening.

u can buy a plastic bag (about b4 size) hanging on your neck for keeping your phone, small camera and money to prevent getting wet. Be artful when u using your camera out of sudden u will get a big splash of water from behind. u can stay along the walk way above the station and seeing big group of people water fighting underneath and enjoy a little while of dry.

you will get wet walking any where along the road.

U can buy a water gun and join the water battling. Hawkers will sell water at 10 baht to fill up your water gun.

beside ice water they also put white power on your face. People are happy cheerful all along the road. 

Beside silom, other places like Kaosan  road, shopping areas are also interesting places.

massage shops with less staff(going to their hometown) and more customers(more tourists during festive) are very busy. 

It is an interesting experience. Participate and enjoy but be safe.

Thanks a lot. Very insightful indeed. 

I guess for clubs like DJ station and fake club, most ppl will be in their shorts and slippers?

5 hours ago, Xiaoxianrou said:

Thanks a lot. Very insightful indeed. 

I guess for clubs like DJ station and fake club, most ppl will be in their shorts and slippers?

Some clubs and some soi (road) that have bars already implement dry rule, meaning u cant shoot water there. 

15 hours ago, Sudu said:

Some clubs and some soi (road) that have bars already implement dry rule, meaning u cant shoot water there. 

Do you know which ones?

11 hours ago, lostjake said:

anyone interested for a group activity in bangkok during songkran ?  age 18-33  ?  clean fun  

What group activity you planning?

• G_M changed the title to Bangkok ( Thailand ) - Massage / Sauna Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.