Male HQ

Nepalese Food

Have any of you been to this little gem in Toa Payoh - Tims Restaurant & Cafe?

It serves a mix of Western, Chinese-ish and Nepalese food, and has the quaint atmosphere where they play western oldies and has a staff that spans different ethnicities.  It's decor is definitely on the tacky side, and their menu can set you in bewilderment on your first look.  But beyond that, its really a charming place with reasonably priced good food.  

Food-wise, do try their Nepalese cuisine.  The Momos is a must-try, especially with its uniquely tangy and lightly spicy dip.  Then there is the Thukpa, a noodle dish heaped with egg, sausage, veggie and shredded meat.  If you are hungry, go for a set meal and you get soup, dessert and a hot drink to go with.  Of course there is always the regular chicken chop and lamb/mutton dishes, the lamb shank is very very tender and delicious! 

My first visit there was on the recommendation of one dear BW uncle, as a send-off meal before my Europe trip last year.  My subsequent visit was with 4 BWers.  Both times, the MoMo never failed to please.  And more recently, a client wanted to try, so again (that's when I got to try the lamb shank).

For fellow foodies, you may wanna try it too.

Tel : 6250 5246

Enjoy!

Instagram @the_meowprince

Have any of you been to this little gem in Toa Payoh - Tims Restaurant & Cafe?

It serves a mix of Western, Chinese-ish and Nepalese food, and has the quaint atmosphere where they play western oldies and has a staff that spans different ethnicities.  It's decor is definitely on the tacky side, and their menu can set you in bewilderment on your first look.  But beyond that, its really a charming place with reasonably priced good food.  

Food-wise, do try their Nepalese cuisine.  The Momos is a must-try, especially with its uniquely tangy and lightly spicy dip.  Then there is the Thukpa, a noodle dish heaped with egg, sausage, veggie and shredded meat.  If you are hungry, go for a set meal and you get soup, dessert and a hot drink to go with.  Of course there is always the regular chicken chop and lamb/mutton dishes, the lamb shank is very very tender and delicious! 

My first visit there was on the recommendation of one dear BW uncle, as a send-off meal before my Europe trip last year.  My subsequent visit was with 4 BWers.  Both times, the MoMo never failed to please.  And more recently, a client wanted to try, so again (that's when I got to try the lamb shank).

For fellow foodies, you may wanna try it too.

Tel : 6250 5246

Enjoy!

It's STILL AROUND???? I love the Momos there!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.