Male HQ

Disappearing (Or Disappeared) Food

Thought I'd start up this thread for us to remember some of those lovely little nuggets that are fast disappearing or have disappeared, with the advent of all the new-age cafes and hangouts that are sprouting up in their place.  Many of these shops/stalls have been around for 20 years or (much much) more.

Feel free to contribute.  It'll be nice if you can also add a couple of pics of the place(s) and the food and its past/heritage, preferably your own experience with the food/shop/hawker.  That'll help to personalise them more, instead of cut-and-paste excerpts from some food blog or another.  

To start the ball rolling :-

Jin Tian Hong Kong Roast, started off in Tiong Bahru Market by a former Hai Tien Lo chef, and later moved to the junction of Seng Poh Road and Eng Hoon Street, has called it a day, with Sun 27th Apr being their last day in business.  It is a sad thing to see them finally close for good.  Anybody remembers them?

211420_zpsa3f04f22.jpg

Instagram @the_meowprince

The Jin Tian Arp Geok Bao (Duck Feet Wrap) at Tiong Bahru - now closed - is heavenly! So sad...it's gone. Before it went I stockpiled in my freezer so as to microwave whenever there's a craving!

No more Arp Geok Bao in Singapore! :(

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.