Male HQ

Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)

Guest Fleurs blanc
On 4/25/2021 at 8:32 AM, ReubenH said:

Current favourite: Penhaligon’s Halfeti. Waiting for the Halfeti Cedar to launch later in the year. That would be more intense.

Past favourites: Jo Malone’s Lime & Basil, Chanel’s Allure, Dior’s Fahrenheit, Aramis’ Tuscany. 

Actually it’s really base on the occasion, mood and environment. I would use different scents depending on where I’m going, who I’m meeting and how I feel on the day. 

Allure homme/Edition Blanche/sport/eau extreme/Cologne?

If you like Jo Malone's Lime, Basil & Mandarin you may want to try their Basil & Neroli, Oud & Bergamot, Orange Blossom too!

What do you think of Penhaligon's portrait series? Think you may like their Impudent Cousin Mathew since you like Lime, Basil & Mandarin. Roaring Radcliff & Blazing Mr Sam are nice too!

Guest Fleurs blanc
On 4/25/2021 at 9:38 AM, heman said:

I first knew  Penhaligon back in  1996 and discovered it during my train ride from Singapore to Bangkok. It was Bleinheim Bouquet which citrusy bergamot with slight sage overtone really enticed me into the brand. The toilet in that train carried a complete set of Bleinheim - shower gel, shampoo, conditioner ,body lotion plus small bottle of the spray for my perusal then. It was only in mid 1990s that a small outlet was opened here in Singapore. It was closed within two years until past few years it opened two outlets at Raffles City and MBS.

Currently i am using Penhaligon's Opus, Juniper Sling (my favourite), Beyola (Prince Charles favourite) and Bleinheim Bouquet.

I missed Molton Brown's perfume since its outlet was closed at Taka especially its Black Pepper and Pink Ginger. Fortunately i managed to get the former when i was in London prior to the pandemic together with the very understated perfume from Floris. I wish Floris of Germaine Street opens a store here.

I find most French, Italian and American perfumes too intense for my liking.

You can find Floris at Amaris Beauty Paragon Shopping Centre.

Guest Fleurs blanc

Anyone bought from or visited SENTEURS de PROVENCE shop in Bedok?

They got Fragonard. We have Molinard in Amaris Paragon too.

Has anyone tried Franck Olivier?

What about Memo Paris, Serge Lutens?

I find Serge Lutens fragrances very difficult to wear.

Who own Serge Lutens here?

Guest Fleurs blanc

Etat Libre D'orange? Secretions Manifiques, Archives 69, Delicious Closet Queen. 😆

Does anyone knows if Maison Margiela Rwplica Music Festival contains ACTuUAL cannabis? Is that the reason why Sephora sg dosn't carry this particular scent?

Guest Fleurs blanc
2 hours ago, heman said:

Thank you for informing the avaibility of Floris in Singapore. The ETA is very understated and subtle.

What is ETA?

You took the train from Singapore to Bangkok that had penhaligons in the shower and toilet. What train was that?

Apology .....typo error.. EDT instead ETA which is a Swiss watch manufacture. Penhaligon then in 1998, had a small store at City Link. It closed two years later due to poor sales. 

I took the Eastern and Oriental Express train then. It was a nice relaxing three days journey from Tanjong Pagar terminal right till Bangkok with stop overs at KL, Penang (with a two hour Gerrgetown sight seeing) , Kanchanaburi ( with a two hour River Kwai tour) and finally Bangkok. I flew back to Singapore on the return trip.

2 hours ago, Guest Fleurs blanc said:
2 hours ago, Guest Fleurs blanc said:

train from Singapore to Bangkok

Edited by heman

Guest Fleurs blanc
1 hour ago, heman said:

Apology .....typo error.. EDT instead ETA which is a Swiss watch manufacture. Penhaligon then in 1998, had a small store at City Link. It closed two years later due to poor sales. 

I took the Eastern and Oriental Express train then. It was a nice relaxing three days journey from Tanjong Pagar terminal right till Bangkok with stop overs at KL, Penang (with a two hour Gerrgetown sight seeing) , Kanchanaburi ( with a two hour River Kwai tour) and finally Bangkok. I flew back to Singapore on the return trip.

Oh those atas train trips marketed to Westerners. No wonder got penhaligons. The ticket is more than a thousand dollars if I am not wrong. Got on board entertainment, nice edwardian furnishings, nice food also. What an experience!

• 1 year later...

I think buying perfume from duty-free is a waste of money. The prices of those perfumes are way too high and not worth it. I haven't found any perfume there that I like so much. The balance between quality and money is very bad. There are much better and cheaper alternatives. I choose to order Fragrance Samples, which have a much nicer and more durable smell than a perfume from a certain brand. Plus, the price is much lower, so you can try many more flavors. My favorite is Parfums de Marly Layton Eau de Parfum for Men and costs up to $20.

Edited by rosindamove

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.