Male HQ

Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)

I was testing perfumes on my wrists at the duty-free shops at Changi Airport yessterday like a mad person and there are some really wonderful smelling elixir in a botte I can tell you.

My 5 top men perfumes are:

1. Armani Classic

2. Marc Jacob for Men

3. Christian Dior's Homme

4. Hermes's Orange

5. Armani's Attitude

me too, I opt for Hermes' Orange.

I prefer perfumes with light essence without sandalwood and spices so common in male perfumes.

When I see someone I like, I will move near them to take a deep breath of their odour. Usually heterosexual men, especially those manly type (in character wise) do not use perfume. I wonder if it is true.....

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

I have stopped using perfume for a long time but one brand leaves an indelible impression on my nose Draker Noir - wonders if it is still available in the market?

Don't worry - it's definitely still around. If you're looking for it, you can most likely find it at SaSa or the Perfumes counter at Changi Airport.

Meanwhile I'm currently using Cool Water Game / Polo Black for weekdays, and Kenneth Cole's Reaction on weekends.

Guest Guest
I have stopped using perfume for a long time but one brand leaves an indelible impression on my nose Draker Noir - wonders if it is still available in the market?

If you cannot find, go to Yahoo Auctions or eBay to find... sure have one :)

I usually get mine there, cheaper then market :)

I understand that perfume will react with individual body chemistry to produce a unique scent. So if it smell nice on someone, it may not smell the same on you.

This thread is great, I was looking for a nice perfume and there are so many recommendations.

Jealousy is when you realise the things you don't have.

Envy is when you realise the things you'd never have.

-Nip/Tuck

Guest artemov

For me I like fragrances with a zesty, citrus, orangy kinda smell. Nothing heavy, spicy or musky. Cos I am a light and fluffy kinda guy :P

I am currently using that orangy spherical Hugo Boss thingy. Was using Fahrenheit before this one.

if i were to get fragrances for myself, i'd follow the following,

ask the lady to recommend something that's woody, musky scented. somehow i don't fancy citrussy kind of fragrances that much, if i'm getting for me. and i'd always get this remark, so am i buying for my dad?

-_- ;;;

so i was told the fragrances i like tends to be those that suits older guys. hahahaha

anyway currently

- polo black (intending to get double black)

- aigner blue emotion

- tommy hilfiger

- ck eternity (a gift, not exactly something i fancy)

on the other hand, i like when my exes puts on

- gucci envy (in particular, this one really evokes strong impressions of our first dates)

- hugo boss (the spherical one)

- some dunhill brand

- some dunno wat brand but its really nice

- davidoff coolwater (the gay cologne)

there are some ppl who are very perceptive (or is it receptive???) to smells, ie, strong emotions and memories are connected to scents. i am one of those types of people. to the extent i can distinguish the natural scent (esp at the nape of the neck) when u cuddle with him. so its always good to be smelling nice. (besides, who likes bad b.o)

heard lucky plaza those perfume shops sell perfume cheap but add water one??

Actually, on the contrary, only imitation colognes have added water or smell different altogether.

From what my Mom told me, shops at Lucky Plaza usually sell testers, which is actually better, because tester bottles are alot more concentrated than the ones on the shelves.

Marketing strategy.

It's definitely Davidoff Cool Water for me. It's not overwhelming and definitely long lasting. (I always still smell great even after 2 hours of workout) Best of all it reacts chemically with my skin perfectly. Hated the overly fancy scents like citrus and floral. I was introduced to Rocco Barocco's Silver Jeans for Men and thought it was quite a refreshing scent. I use it sparingly because it is not available easily. 1116M.jpgOK the packaging is old-school but the body is alluring.

google areanpull

• 3 weeks later...

Should try:

Chanel Les Exclusifs (especially Cuir de Russie)

Hermessence Vetiver Tonka

Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan

Serge Lutens Gris Clair

Serge Lutens Daim Blond

Serge Lutens Vetiver Oriental

Creed Vetiver

L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two (intial reaction may be unpleasant, but as the prefume develops to middle and base notes, it is heavenly)

Chanel Les Exclusifs are only available in Chanel flagstore.

Hermessence is only available in Hermes flagstores.

Serge Lutens, Creed, and L'Artisan parfumeur are available in Tangs Beauty halls.

Most of them are unisex except Chanel Cuir de Russie (female fragrance with masculine leathery smell)

does YSL still make that jazz fragrance? that one is quite unique and long lasting

as is Polo (green) i dunno why people say it's old man... it's classic tru and tru, and nothing else smells like it. i still use it hee hee and i am old man...

HugoBoss Sports also nice for me

As is Aramis Havana... but this one very hard to find... discontinued I think... waste.

i also like Davidoff - especially their Zino (again, not available in this area - correct me if i'm wrong pls i looking high and low for it) and their Cool Water, of course, their Deep is nice and fruity for a refreshing change after a golf game...

i've lost count of the names and brands... it's just the fragrance that smells great, and how long lasting they are especially if you go out early inthe morning and come back late in the evening... and still smell nice... not overpowering, but nice... those are the colonges that appeal to me...

Believe or not, the cheapest place to buy perfumes is at Lucky Plaza. They have a few shops selling authentic perfumes at great prices (rest assure that if they are fakes, the shops would been raided long ago). Try the big busy shop on first floor near escalator. And ask for 'tester' bottle. These are the real thing meant for testing but the ingenious owner sell it at a fraction of the cost for profit.

does YSL still make that jazz fragrance? that one is quite unique and long lasting

as is Polo (green) i dunno why people say it's old man... it's classic tru and tru, and nothing else smells like it. i still use it hee hee and i am old man...

As is Aramis Havana... but this one very hard to find... discontinued I think... waste.

i also like Davidoff - especially their Zino (again, not available in this area - correct me if i'm wrong pls i looking high and low for it) and their Cool Water, of course, their Deep is nice and fruity for a refreshing change after a golf game...

i've lost count of the names and brands... it's just the fragrance that smells great, and how long lasting they are especially if you go out early inthe morning and come back late in the evening... and still smell nice... not overpowering, but nice... those are the colonges that appeal to me...

Daivdoff Zino, is it the yellowish/brown cap one?

does YSL still make that jazz fragrance?  that one is quite unique and long lasting

Daivdoff Zino, is it the yellowish/brown cap one?

YES. it's the caramel creal/brownish cream coloured cap one. the bottle looks like the coolwater design, except it is also brownish glass compared to the blue for the coolwater...

the fragrance is ... quite unique and pleasent.

2. Chanel Egoiste Platinum Pour Homme

i bought Chanel Egoiste at that shop that ED mentioned at lucky plaza first floor. i think the shop is called boujour something. a 50ml only $35. of course no fancy box and all. just a tester bottle. very worth it. any difference between the 'Platninum' version from the normal eau de toilette?

• G_M changed the title to Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.