Male HQ

Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)

2. Chanel Egoiste Platinum Pour Homme

i bought Chanel Egoiste at that shop that ED mentioned at lucky plaza first floor. i think the shop is called boujour something. a 50ml only $35. of course no fancy box and all. just a tester bottle. very worth it. any difference between the 'Platninum' version from the normal eau de toilette?

Men_Chanel_Egoiste.jpg

masculine fragrance combining of citrus, coriander, jasmine, amber and wood, with the spicy overtones of traditional Oriental fragrances

8934130EgoistePlatinum_m-resized200.jpg

Spicy but more to citrus side, refined and yet very modern, refreshing and unique.

OMG! $35 for a 50ml? hmmm, hopefully not synthetic or artificial smells added into it..... :unsure:

Dont knock the genuince stuff sold at discounted price lah. I bought a bottle of Marc Jacob 125ml just this morning at Lucky Plaza Basement Shop (opp Mac). It's a tester bottle retailing only $59! The price tag at Tangs is $120 :D I test smell it and it is the real stuff. No box of course but who cares. The nice malay sales guy told me only one more tester bottle left. Lucky I never buy at duty-free airport. heng.

I have bought perfumes from that moustach malay guy (he's very gay friendly) at lucky plaza basement for years and I can tell you the last spray also smells as good. :D Anyway if the shop only stock certain perfumes (esp the older edition in the market) then possible that the products might be suspect. But newer perfume like Marc Jacob surely they cant come out with fakes so fast. With the strong presence of international perfume companies here, these shops would surely kena raided, and sued right and left long ago. The fact that they are still around (and expanding!) should go someway in dousing any suspicion. Retail stores like Tangs OR Robinson also got tester bottles- only that they cant sell them. :D So, this morning, should I have paid $120 for the same bottle of Marc Jacob? Or $59? Your guess is as good as mine.

But newer perfume like Marc Jacob surely they cant come out with fakes so fast.

If there isnt any strange reaction on your skin then ok lor.(hopefully nothing wrong with the product.... )As u know nowadays lots of fake products from China.....any new products launch out and u can get the fake 1 within 2 days.

AI CI KO AI PI (want it fresh and yet cheap) attitude can be scary at time, better be safe then sorry. :rolleyes:

Try Marc Jacob's Rain...$130 for 300ml at tangs...quite a steal :)

damn nice tho...realli evokes a fresh after-rain scent.. very light yet lingering too...getting it next month :)

Isnt Rain a, eh..., woman perfume. Or is it unisex. 300ml is certainly good bargain.!

Guest Chanel User
I have bought perfumes from that moustach malay guy (he's very gay friendly) at lucky plaza basement for years and I can tell you the last spray also smells as good. :D Anyway if the shop only stock certain perfumes (esp the older edition in the market) then possible that the products might be suspect. But newer perfume like Marc Jacob surely they cant come out with fakes so fast. With the strong presence of international perfume companies here, these shops would surely kena raided, and sued right and left long ago. The fact that they are still around (and expanding!) should go someway in dousing any suspicion. Retail stores like Tangs OR Robinson also got tester bottles- only that they cant sell them. :D So, this morning, should I have paid $120 for the same bottle of Marc Jacob? Or $59? Your guess is as good as mine.

Not true... physcologically one will feel better when you use something which is more expensive. This is consumer behaviour!

Can you imagine if Chanel perfume is selling in Giant or NTUC for $10 a bottle? I bet nobody will buy them even if they smells nice.

Guest prada lover
Not true... physcologically one will feel better when you use something which is more expensive. This is consumer behaviour!

Chanel user- you are not only snobbish but also not very money-savvy. Well if you got money to throw away, no one is stopping you. Go buy from Tangs or Robinson loh. You are just helping to pay extra for the ads that appear in the glossy mag, their nice counter, the persuasive sales stuff and their uniforms.

Chanel will never go very low, you can rest assure. But dont sniff you nose down on a good offer when you see one. :D

Guest Another Guest

Chanel user- you are not only snobbish but also not very money-savvy. Well if you got money to throw away, no one is stopping you. Go buy from Tangs or Robinson loh. You are just helping to pay extra for the ads that appear in the glossy mag, their nice counter, the persuasive sales stuff and their uniforms.

Chanel will never go very low, you can rest assure. But dont sniff you nose down on a good offer when you see one. :D

• 2 months later...

Has anyone sniff out the newest fragrant from CK. CK'S Man comes in a very masculine bottle. Or Issey Miyake's Intense??

With Xmas not far away, now its quite a good time as any to buy it as a gift esp when it comes packaged as an attractive coffet set. I was quite happy to see my old favourite Aramis's Tuscany fragrance (very musky manly scent) back on sale again as a set ($120 for 100ml EDT, aftershave and deodorant stick). Still waiting for some Xmas bargain where the different shopping malls will offer many freebies to attract buyers.

Guest Guest_Beta

The only edp for male will be from Clive Christian range and it costs a bomb for a mere 50 ml bottle.

You can try the unisex range. Most of the unisex perfumes are in edp.

Most Serge Lutens perfumes have long longevity (except clair de musc and santal blanc). Try first before you buy. Buying Lutens blindly is a big gamble.

Gaultier2 is also a unisex and it is in edp.

Creed Millesimes are also long lasting. But that depends really on your skin.

Terre d'hermes, YSL M7 and kouros (it stinks to me so try first) are edt but last throughout the day.

If you have access to US market, you can try Editions de Parfum by Frederic Malle, Bond no 9, Montale.

If you want something that is expensive (i.e will never be discounted and will never be available in Lucky plaza or chinatown at discounted price), go to Chanel boutique and sniff their les exclusifs or go to Hermes boutique and smells their Hermessence (4 ml sample is available but Ambre Narguile is always out of stock :( )

Guest_Beta, thanks.. very good advice! Why so few EDP for men? Too overpowering is it? I thought the trend now is for more masculine spicy, woody scents?

I love Hermes too. My French ex gave me a bottle of Eau D'Orange Verte for my birthday a long time ago.. I still get a hard on with those citrus headnotes.

Guest newbie le nez

I thought that all these talk about scents for men involved brand name usually western brands that we associate with being cultured and sophisticated whatever that means.

I would like to recommend a shop selling French perfumerie from Provence the brand is Fragonard and the shop is SCENTEURS de PROVENCE .It is located at MILLENIA WALK quite tucked away, but worth the trip because they have quite individual scents and you know what Fragonard and another house called MOLINARD provide the raw materials for most of the commercial French and American brands.

Fragonard also do r n d to come up with new and bold scents.

I am currently using Magellen ,very musky and masculine I spray it at my crotch cos it blends well with my crotch secretions and natural odor.LOL.

I also use Concerto a very youthful scent that blends well with my body chemistry it lasts and lasts and lasts and lasts even after i put my shirt thru the laundry.......

My office ladies responds well to Magellen gay friends responds favorbly to Concerto.

On relaxed days I use Fragonards Cologne Grande Luxe which is an Eau de Toilette.

The origin of this scents is made from the recipe used by Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte the Corscican who once ruled France and large parts of Europe.

Fragrances Warehouse Sale 28 Nov - 30 Nov 10.30am - 6.30pm

6 Jalan Kilang, Dadiani Industrial House

(off Jalan Bukit Merah, opp ABC Market)

Just came back from there. Quite a few well-known brands on offer- Armand Basi, Agens Scheinder, Loewe, Moschino, Givenchy, Guess, Versace, Ferrari.

You might want to wait till last day (Friday) to get further discount. Also, got Paul & Joe and Givenchy cosmetic stuff- many office girls jostling and fighting for the buy.

Scary. :D

Guest newbie le nez

Perfumes originated from the middle east , because of the hot and dry climate people seldom had water to bathe all over every day, so the solution was to use fragrant oils to mack the naturally occuring odors, it depends on the person everyone smells diffrerent

I have tried the perfume oils sold in Arab street known as minyak attar, they are made of herbal oils without alcohol and they have mimic some branded western brands also like CHANEL NO. 5 , DRAKKAR NOIR, and they are not as expensive as sosmetic brands .

Naturally without fancy packaging, modelling fees, celebrity endorsement think:NICOLE KIDMAN, SARAH JESSICA PARKER , ETC. expensive advertising blitz......

minyak attar is the way to go.

There is one that very well known among the rich in Dubai and it is called Amourge and it is also sold at these Arab street perfume oil merchants.

Surprisingly these oils are very lasting but choose carefully or you might smell like a pious ustazzzz....

The expensive one s sold in dubai goes by tens of thousands of dollars and made from the most precious and rare frankincense extract and encased in a pure gold bottle.

Guest Guest_Beta

Attar is super expensive.

It goes per ml and if you ebay oudh or attar, 3 ml can cost more than US$10.

It is very rare for Singapore males to wear rose scent. I like Sa Majeste La Rose (single floral rose scent, made up of 3 types of roses. so i smelt so rosy :P ) from Serge Lutens but I don't dare to wear it in public. The only place where you can find males using rose scent or jasmine scent or even tuberose scent is in middle east. I really want to buy Attar and oud. Anyone going to middle east? can help me get some?

The brand is Amouage. The middle eastern perfume companies that cost a bomb. the bottle is very nice but it is very expensive. Some of the bottles are gold plated.

The only way to try relatively cheap oudh is M7 or if you want, Call Montale store in Paris. Montale carries oud and attar. I am currently waiting for my attar and cuir d'arabie from montale. :):)

Erection, is the fragrance sale really cheap? I missed Luxasia warehouse sale last march. :(:(:(

Came across CK's latest fragrance- Men- a tester bottle at $75 for 100ml. A bit steep for a tester bottle but still considerably cheaper than those at Dept Mall. Asked the salegirl at the shop in Lucky Plaza basement (the one facing lift) why so ex for tester (she said because this perfume very new). So, its a good buy for yourself but not so ideal as a gift (as it does not come with box or the cap). If you can wait two more months, the price sure drop to under $60- the normal price for a tester.

Mine are all Classics: Drakkar Noir, Safari and Polo (green)

Deodorant spray is Dr.Mist, very natural, less chemical and long lasting

(the inventor won a Swiss Geneva award for this)... his idea to create this is from his childhood days swimming in the sea, after you swim the body feel salty but the body odor gone, so he mixed up some concoction from salt water based to create this... I like it because no more skin allergy after using it compared to branded and more expensive deodorant sticks

During school day, there's 1 guy using Brut perfume/cologne, until now he's called Brut as nickname...

I like the sandalwood based Ferragamo (Spelling right?) but think it is no more in production...

Which woody slightly sweet scent you guys would recommend?

And any longer lasting ones to recommend? :P By lunch time, usually, I just smell like my lunch... *grumble*...

u like sandalwood u sld go Davidoff Clear water.

i dun like sandalwood coz it is powdery smell.

Swiss Army Altitude is good.

Guest Can you spot the fake?

I pickep up a fake Davidoff Cool water at an international airport duty free shop - can't believe it after reading a magazine how to spot the difference.

So beware to the untrained eye, a sophisticated fake perfume can easily pass for the real thing.

Which Davidoff Cool Water is the real thing from the picture below? Answer will be given later.

I pickep up a fake Davidoff Cool water at an international airport duty free shop -

My goodness- intl duty free shop also got fake perfume!!! Faint. One thumb of the rule is to always get the latest fragrances- that way you can be sure of genuince stuff. The pirates cant be fast enough to come up with the latest fake I can assure you. Those 'classic' fragrances can be suspect if not bought from authorised distributors.

Guest can you spot the faux perfume?

TC,

It was bought from Australia.

I couldn't agree more even if it's genuine, a low price ma indicate a perfume's passed its use by date or has been stored incorrectly or for too long.

Not only that because counterfeit perfumes have not been subjected to the same rigorous testing as legitimate products, they can contain a while hosty of unknown chemicals! making them unlikely to comply with the regulations. So you will get all sorts of nasty surprises such as burning the skin, rashes on people with sensitive skin, staining clothes and may even cause respiratory problems.

An old saying:

If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Now, here's the picture I scanned from that magazine I read.

If you are Davidoff Cool Water fan, can you spot the real thing? The one the RIGHT of LEFT?

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=83146010li9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me is it true that different body react differently to the same edt? I just bought a edt recommended highly by the salesgirl at TAB in Centuary Square. However it lasted not more than 4 hours! She even said some women perfume last not more than an hour to some ppl. Is this true or she's trying to promote an inferior quality with a higher profit margin? I went to her another day and saw that she was trying to 'sell' the same edt to another guy. Is is safer to buy from departmental stores though more expensive? This is my first time buying from outside shop. Pls share your thoughts here. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me is it true that different body react differently to the same edt? I just bought a edt recommended highly by the salesgirl at TAB in Centuary Square. However it lasted not more than 4 hours! She even said some women perfume last not more than an hour to some ppl. Is this true or she's trying to promote an inferior quality with a higher profit margin? I went to her another day and saw that she was trying to 'sell' the same edt to another guy. Is is safer to buy from departmental stores though more expensive? This is my first time buying from outside shop. Pls share your thoughts here. Thanks.

Guest Driclor
TC,

It was bought from Australia.

I couldn't agree more even if it's genuine, a low price ma indicate a perfume's passed its use by date or has been stored incorrectly or for too long.

Not only that because counterfeit perfumes have not been subjected to the same rigorous testing as legitimate products, they can contain a while hosty of unknown chemicals! making them unlikely to comply with the regulations. So you will get all sorts of nasty surprises such as burning the skin, rashes on people with sensitive skin, staining clothes and may even cause respiratory problems.

An old saying:

If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Now, here's the picture I scanned from that magazine I read.

If you are Davidoff Cool Water fan, can you spot the real thing? The one the RIGHT of LEFT?

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=83146010li9.jpg

The right one is fake.

EDT is of lower concentration of perfume oil therefore depend on the base note, normally EDT dont last...the most around a few hrs like 2-4hrs but not more than 8 for sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfume

for all you know, the salesgal might be the slaes rep of the perfume that you bought.

just like nowadays you go watson, guardian... there are sales rep aunties for individual brands. all trying to convince you to buy "their" brand products..

and Yes it it true that different body react differently to perfumes. what works for him, might not work for you.

the perfumes i like:

Clinique HAPPY for man

Armani MANIA

Hugo AQUA

Mount Blanc SKYWALKER

ACQUA DI DIO by Giorgio armani

Would It Shatter Your Illusion If This Angel Had Been Cursed?

http://shitou79.blogspot.com

You guys should try the following as well:

F by Ferragamo

Essenza Di Zegna by Ermenegildo Zegna

Presence by Mont Blanc

and also 212 by Caroline Herrera

Fantastic and lasting smell with no powdery finish...

I used quite a lots of fragrances and love to collect them from all over th world... I must say my all time favourite is still Aqua Di Gio By Armani, Chanel Homme and also Kenzo

Really nice and sensual... he he he

Jurong West

*When there is love, There is HOPE...*

• G_M changed the title to Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.