Male HQ

Hot/Cute Guys Reactivated (images ONLY) + Yahoo's #Fitspo series - TikTok & Twitter are not allowed! (Please read the first post for instructions)

sphere

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (23 December 2020)

Lokies Khan, 28

CrossFit coach

spacer.png

HEIGHT 175cm

WEIGHT 80kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I train with the CrossFit methodology primarily four to five times a week. I enjoy the different models of movements. CrossFit training is unpredictable so the body can never fully adapt and become too comfortable. It allows me to appreciate different sports and disciplines. On top of that I teach Les Mills BodyPump, a group fitness barbell class, five to seven times a week.

DIET I don't count my macronutrient intake, but I try to watch what I eat. I try as much as possible to eat whole foods and avoid processed and junk food. My job and training are physically demanding, so I make sure I have my meals. Basically, I live to eat to perform. I never say no to chocolate chip cookies because I know my body can afford it.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

On 12/16/2020 at 1:45 PM, sphere said:

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (16 December 2020)

S. Sanjay Sivasangaran, 23

Undergraduate

spacer.png

HEIGHT 177cm

WEIGHT 77kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE My workout consists of cross-fit and weight training three to five times a week, and each session lasts between 1 1/2 and two hours. I pair muscle groups during training. So my weekly training consists of 10 supersets that include a combination of leg sessions, upper body workouts, involving chest and back exercises such as bench presses, weighted pull-ups, push-and-pull exercises and German volume training, with intervals of two minutes between each set and a minute's rest between each exercise. I enjoy hiking too.

DIET I watch my macros by understanding my body's needs. I love carbs, so I adjust my diet accordingly. I love chocolate too, but stay away from sugary treats and avoid deep-fried food. I do not drink alcohol.

Nice bod ..love to hug it.

The LAST ONE for 2020!!  🥳

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (30 December 2020)

Gabriel Lim, 26

Engineer

spacer.png

HEIGHT 172cm

WEIGHT 76kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I do resistance training at the gym about three to four times a week for two hours a session.

DIET I do not usually keep to a strict diet, but I am trying out the keto diet, which basically substitutes carbohydrates for fats as an energy source. High-protein foods is a must, of course. I am not picky about food. However, there are vegetables that I do not like - lady's finger, eggplant, bittergourd and celery. My go-to food at a hawker centre is laksa.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (6 January 2021)

Khairullah Azman, 35

Fitness trainer

spacer.png

HEIGHT 174cm

WEIGHT 82kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I work out six times a week. I start off with 15 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill to get my body warmed up before hitting the weights for the next 90 minutes. I usually do individual body parts each day, such as chest on Monday, and so on. Once a week, I jog around my neighbourhood for 20 minutes, then do 20 minutes of bodyweight workouts at the nearby park.

DIET I do not go on a strict diet and have at least two meals a day eating whatever my wife cooks. I do have a sweet tooth, especially for chocolates. However, I ensure that I always eat everything in moderation.

On 1/1/2021 at 8:00 PM, sphere said:

spacer.png

Dr Leroy Kiang, a dentist, built his physique through strength training and by paying attention to his nutrition.

LEROY KIANG, 29

If you wanna hear what he sounds like, tune in to 913 FM on weekday morning (can't recall the day) where he shares fitness tips.

On 1/6/2021 at 5:00 PM, sphere said:

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (6 January 2021)

Khairullah Azman, 35

Fitness trainer

spacer.png

HEIGHT 174cm

WEIGHT 82kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I work out six times a week. I start off with 15 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill to get my body warmed up before hitting the weights for the next 90 minutes. I usually do individual body parts each day, such as chest on Monday, and so on. Once a week, I jog around my neighbourhood for 20 minutes, then do 20 minutes of bodyweight workouts at the nearby park.

DIET I do not go on a strict diet and have at least two meals a day eating whatever my wife cooks. I do have a sweet tooth, especially for chocolates. However, I ensure that I always eat everything in moderation.

Yumz 😍 but "my wife"... darn it... neh mind I still ogle...

Straits Times, Sport Section (5 January 2021, Tuesday)

spacer.png

National diver Mark Lee estimates that he needs to score 380 at April's World Cup in Japan to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics. His best is 387.

Straits Times, Life Section - Fit & Fab (13 January 2021)

spacer.png

Mr Benny Lam kept to his fitness routine by having strength training classes with his clients during the Covid-19 period.

spacer.png

Mr Benny Lam used to train eight times a week for four years in secondary school.

spacer.png

Standing at 1.93m tall, Mr Benny Lam is commonly known as the "big friendly giant" among friends and family members.

BENNY LAM, 29

Height: 1.93m

Weight: 93.5kg

Mr Benny Lam is commonly known as the "big friendly giant" among friends and family members because of his height.

"My height has put me at an advantage in multiple sports since I was young. I was very driven and motivated to excel," he said.

He participated in multiple sports in school, representing Catholic High School and Victoria Junior College in volleyball, basketball and track and field. He bagged multiple national championship medals across all levels.

He was also part of Singapore's track and field team, representing the country in the men's discus category from 2014 to 2019.

"My greatest highlight as a discus thrower was when I represented Singapore in the 2015 South-east Asia Games and finished fifth," said Mr Lam, who has a girlfriend.

He is now a personal trainer at fitness company Surge: Strength and Results.

"I found that one of my strengths is helping people to find movements that work well for them. It lays the foundationto becoming stronger, which I believe is the key to looking fabulous," he said.

Fitness routine

Monday

- 1hr powerbuilding hypertrophy training

Tuesday

- 1hr powerbuilding strength training

Wednesday

- Rest

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

- Rest

Sunday

- 2hr cycling, walking or basketball

@bodiesbybenny

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (13 January 2021)

Ryan Chen, 35

Fitness coach

spacer.png

HEIGHT 171cm

WEIGHT 65kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE My only fixed workout is done once a week, using mainly gymnastic rings. The focus is on strength and range of motion. Instead of taking public transport, I walk, skate or cycle to commute whenever possible. I also "play" every day, practising things like handstands, movement flow, poi spinning (a traditional Maori dance from New Zealand) and pole dancing. The goal is to find as many new experience

DIET My aim is to achieve a good balance of vegetables, proteins and carbs. "Cai fan" is my go-to, as I can easily get steamed chicken, eggs, green leafy vegetables like okra and eggplant.

@suddenlysleepingryan

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (20 January 2021)

Benny Chun, 25

Auditor and fitness trainer

spacer.png

HEIGHT 174cm

WEIGHT 76kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE My workout is split into cycles, with each being four days, in which I concentrate on different muscle groups. I use basic exercises and focus on proper form and maintaining intensity. I believe that mastering the basics is more than sufficient to achieve my desired physique.

DIET I have oatmeal with blueberries for my first meal of the day. For lunch, before my workout, I usually have grilled or pan-fried chicken breast with rice. My post-workout meal is salmon with white rice. Dinner, which is my last meal of the day, is sirloin steak with rice. I avoid fried foods and those high in sugar. 

@benny_chunnn

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (27 January 2021)

Jack Ong, 30

Supervisor in a logistics company

spacer.png

HEIGHT 176cm

WEIGHT 63kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I go to the gym four times a week to work out for 1 1/2 hours each time. On top of that, I do a home workout every day to maintain my muscles. I do 50 push-ups and 50 pull-ups every day.

DIET My diet consists of protein powder, half-boiled eggs, honey and a multi-vitamin to ensure I get sufficient protein and nutrients. I have nuts and chocolates for snacks, and I try to eat less fast food.

Edited by sphere

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (3 February2021)

Nico Lim, 26

Student

spacer.png

HEIGHT 174cm

WEIGHT 76kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I'm on the Singapore national dragon boat team. I do eight water training sessions a week, paddling with my crew for about two hours. I also go to the gym about four times a week. I do exercises like bench presses, military presses and deadlifts which target my chest and triceps, shoulders, and back and legs respectively. Another form of exercise I do is running - 6km thrice a week.

DIET If I have an upcoming race, I will start watching my diet three months before it. I cut down on oily food, sugary drinks and salt intake. On non-race days, I'm less strict as my training volume is high. Out of three meals a day, I'll have one with fried food. I take a lot of vegetables and fruit and drink lots of water.

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (10 February2021)

Aloysius Chia, 38

Fitness director and founder of Train With Be. fitness studio

spacer.png

HEIGHT 173cm

WEIGHT 69kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I exercise four to five times a week. I do strength and conditioning workouts and discover new exercises to do in my fitness studio. I also enjoy high-intensity interval training (HIIT) group classes and trying out other fitness studios. I do yoga at least once weekly for flexibility and have a day off for recovery.

DIET Intermittent fasting five times a week works well for me. On weekdays, I try to eat clean with more plant proteins such as tofu, chickpeas, vegetables and fruit. I also drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. I do not restrict what I eat, but always eat in moderation. I have my cheat meals and drinks on weekends.

@a_for_aloy

Straits Times, Life Section - Fit & Fab (10 February 2021)

spacer.png

Mr Mohamed Saiful Fazrie at Tampines Central Park, on 29 Jan 2021. He modifies his fitness routine and diet plan every three months to keep things fresh.

spacer.png

Mr Mohamed Saiful Fazrie tries to include aerobic and anaerobic exercises into his weekly workouts.

spacer.png

Mr Mohamed Saiful Fazrie works on an event leader at sporting goods store Decathlon Singapore.

spacer.png

Mr Mohamed Saiful Fazrie joined Siglap FC last year.

MOHAMED SAIFUL FAZRIE, 32

Height: 1.81m

Weight: 77kg

As a student, Mr Fazrie played for the Tampines Rovers Football Club Under-18 team. But he left after he was told that, at 68kg, he was too skinny to play football.

The feedback inspired him to embark on a fitness routine that included bench presses as well as a high-protein diet.

He gained 5kg in two months. When he played football, he felt stronger and moved faster on the pitch. "This inspired my journey to maintain my fitness lifestyle and I haven't looked back since.

After his national service, he worked at a movers' company and became a personal trainer. He returned to playing football semi-competitively for Starlight Soccerites FC in 2011 before joining Siglap FC last year.

Now 32, he works as an event leader at sporting goods store Decathlon Singapore. He promotes free public activities such as pilates sessions and works with external partners to organise events such as the MetaSprint Series, a triathlon held annually in Sentosa.

He tries to include aerobic and anaerobic exercises such as yoga and football into his weekly workouts. He has also tried different diets, including intermittent fasting.

On modifying his fitness routine and diet plan every three months, he says: "I try to change things up so I don't get bored. The basics still apply: a high-protein meal after working out and getting enough sleep."

Fitness routine

Monday

- 8 sets of 200m sprints, 1hr posterior chain workout

Tuesday

- 1hr yoga

Wednesday

- 2hr shoulder and leg workout

Thursday

- 1hr futsal, 30min core workout

Friday

- Rest day or 30min stretching workout

Saturday

- 1hr full body workout, 30min spin bike workout

Sunday

- Rest

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (17 February2021)

Kerry Tran, 26

Banking analyst

spacer.png

HEIGHT 175cm

WEIGHT 76kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I weight train six times a week, with a push-pull-legs routine from Mondays to Saturdays, and play basketball on Sundays. I focus mainly on compound movements on weight-training days, followed by isolation movements towards the end to work on my weak points.

DIET I have a burning passion for mala xiang guo (a stir-fried version of mala hotpot). I've got to have it two to three times a week. The trick is to ask for less oil and make sure you earn the calories beforehand in the gym. I eat everything else in moderation, and try to eat relatively clean 80 per cent of the time, so I can use the remaining 20 per cent to satisfy my cravings. Life is all about balance.

@kermeister

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (24 February2021)

Niro Ariyaratne, 32

3D printing engineer

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.6m

WEIGHT 60kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I love obstacle-course racing and trail running, so most of my training is focused on running and strengthening. I run four to five times a week and I also do calisthenics such as pull-ups and muscle-ups. I use the gym once a week to focus on strength.

DIET I love vegetables and eggs. I follow a low-carb diet most of the time and cycle in carbs in preparation for my longer runs on the weekends. I also follow intermittent fasting during the week and mostly stay away from processed food and sugar.

@nirozone_runs

Edited by sphere

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (3 March 2021)

Lee Tze Yuan, 30

Engagement manager

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.8m

WEIGHT 74kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I do a taiji workout once a week, which involves going through taiji footwork, practising basic forms and then progressing to revising routines. I end the session with stretches to maintain general flexibility. I add a strength and conditioning session once a week to maintain strength and prevent injuries. Some exercises I do are a lats pulldown or shoulder press, dynamic dumbbell lunges, Arabesque with weights (to maintain general lower-body strength to protect my knees as both taiji and running are quite punishing for the knees), push-ups and an abs workout.

DIET I am not picky with food and I stick to a balanced meal of proteins, carbs and vegetables. An example is economy rice with less rice, and a portion of protein and vegetables. I try to avoid sugar whenever I can. For breakfast, I usually have oatmeal with some berries and granola.

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (10 March 2021)

Mohd Khodali Marsio, 58

Operations assistant

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.6m

WEIGHT 69kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE Cycling is my main sport and I commute to work daily on my mountain bike. I've competed in mountain bike races across Asia, such as in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and also locally. I love running as well, and I run 16km during the weekends. I do punching-bag training and weight training to build muscles and keep my body in shape. I've been doing all these since I was young and I'm not stopping.

DIET I eat anything and make sure to have three meals a day.

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (17 March 2021)

Suria Naidu, 29

Personal trainer

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.77m

WEIGHT 76kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I train six times a week and it is usually weight training. I include cardio three times a week as it is good for the heart. Each day, I focus on different muscle groups. If I am prepping for a show or a holiday, I will train each muscle group twice.

DIET My diet is pretty simple. I eat four meals a day. I like to keep my carbs under control, but whenever I am training my legs, I will have more carbs. Each meal consists of white rice, chicken breast and asparagus. For breakfast, I will have oats and black coffee. I have a sweet tooth but I try not to have too many sugary foods.

@suriagerrard

Edited by sphere

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (24 March 2021)

Hafeez Hassan, 38

Dancer, choreographer and personal trainer

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.7m

WEIGHT 68kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I always start my day with mediation and mobility exercises. Then I mix and match things like kettlebell training and strength training at the gym with weights. I also do yoga. These days I train myself to run barefoot once a week.

DIET I am a vegetarian - I eat lots of vegetables. My favourite food is sweet potatoes and I cook my own baked sweet potatoes a lot. I also bake my own bread. I rarely eat out. My diet is high in fat content, full olive oil, avocado and nuts. I also drink bulletproof coffee, which is coffee with coconut milk, which helps to keep me full for longer.

@hafeezhassn

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (31 March 2021)

Timothy Tor, 46

Business development manager

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.88m

WEIGHT 80kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I do weights thrice a week, focusing on different muscle groups each time. I also do a 10km park connector run and/or beach runs one to two times a week.

During pre-pandemic times, I went for weekly dragon boat training sessions and also played basketball weekly with my friends.

DIET I start the morning with rolled oats cooked with skimmed milk, oat bran and cocoa powder. Lunch and dinner consist mainly of chicken, eggs and fish for protein. Leafy vegetables are a must at least once if not twice daily.

I minimise but do not eliminate the intake of rice or noodles as carbohydrates are important not only for energy but also as a mood regulator. I have a grapefruit or orange with an apple every day.

I do not take sugary or gassy drinks, though I love to snack on unprocessed walnuts, cashew nuts and almonds that I buy in bulk and eat with dark chocolate.

I also drink organic honey water mixed with a dash of apple cider vinegar daily.

Edited by sphere

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (7 April 2021)

Brandon Lio, 24

Auxiliary police officer

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.65m

WEIGHT 68kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE To increase stamina and improve my physique, I hit the gym five to six days a week. I will spend an hour doing intensive workouts such as weightlifting, superset training one to two body parts. To maintain cardiovascular health, I squeeze in 10 minutes of cardio - an infinitesimal amount as I do not wish to burn my gains.

DIET I start my day with a homemade protein smoothie. Before heading for work, I'll prep my meals - strictly steamed chicken breast and veggies - as I have to keep track of my protein intake. For carbs, I consume basmati rice or honey sweet potato as it is a good source of fibre and, most importantly, is low in sodium. The things I would avoid the most are fried foods and sugary drinks, as I do not want to jeopardise my balanced diet. It's a must for me to stick to six meals daily to increase my muscle mass.

@liobrand_

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (14 April 2021)

Nicholas Peck, 25

Personal trainer

spacer.png

spacer.png

HEIGHT 177cm

WEIGHT 71kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE My fitness regime is all about sports such as mixed martial arts and rugby. I do weight training three to four times a week and my own Apex training twice a week. On non-workout days, I usually do yoga and stretching.

DIET My diet is high in protein and carbohydrates. I do not worry too much about carbohydrates as I need them for intensive training and coaching. Every morning, I eat 10 eggs with a protein shake and oats. My lunch is steak and brown rice, with a protein shake three hours later. I have a small snack of yogurt and fruit. For dinner, I keep it light with fish.

@nickapex_fit

Straits Times, Life Section (17 April 2021)

S'pore firm's Facebook promo featuring hunky handymen notches up 5.8 million views

[read full story --> here]

spacer.png

The "Singapore 1st hunky guy cleaning service" campaign was launched on April 6, 2021, and featured four bare-bodied hunky handymen.

spacer.png

The campaign had initially been meant to promote a renovation exhibition, but it may now be continued, after getting serious inquiries from the public.

spacer.png

Charges for the cleaning service start at $420++ for a one-bedroom unit, up to $700++ for a penthouse.

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (21 April 2021)

Aaron Torres, 29

Retail manager

spacer.png

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.93m

WEIGHT 83.5kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I train five times a week and focus on different body parts. I also do cardio every day of the week, specially on rest days as it helps you to wake up.

DIET I'm pescatarian, so I go for tilapia, tuna and salmon. Rice is my second best friend. Sometimes, a pure tomato sauce can do wonders.

@aaron.torres.torres

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (28 April 2021)

Maurice Wong, 25

Financial adviser and restaurant manager

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.81m

WEIGHT 86kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I train for rugby up to thrice a week and I usually hit the gym four times a week. I have been playing rugby for 17 years and had the privilege to represent Singapore.

DIET I usually have vegetarian bee hoon for breakfast, chicken rice for lunch and pasta for dinner. I avoid fast food and sugary carbonated drinks such as Coke, but I love peanut butter waffles and bak kut teh.

@wongmorerice

10 hours ago, begleitung said:

Who is bill?

10 hours ago, deathblade88 said:

@billho720

10 hours ago, begleitung said:

Cool, thks

8 hours ago, begleitung said:

Was he featured on ST?

Appreciate if you could kindly use PM, since the above were not related to the topic eh, thanks.

Straits Times, Life Section (29 April 2021)

[previous ST interview in 2017 --> here]

Chuando Tan ready for showbiz at 55

spacer.png

Chuando Tan (above), who stars in the Mandarin-language thriller Precious Is The Night.

SINGAPORE - For many actors, especially those new to the job, shooting a nude scene can be nerve-racking.

Not gor Chuaando Tan. The 55-year-old photographer, model and social media star tells The Straits Times that it was just another day at work.

"To be honest, at my age, and after years of working as a photographer and fashion model, I have worked with nudity. To me, it's just a job," he says in a telephone interview.

He is making his feature film acting debut in the Mandarin-language thriller Precious Is The Night, which opens in cinemas on April 29. He plays a writer creating a story based on a real murder, while also portraying the playboy doctor character who appears in the story.

As the doctor, Tan has a sex scene in which his Internet-famous torso, including his buttocks, are shown. In 2017, his sculpted body and unlined face were mentioned in global publications after it was revealed that he was turning 50.

His 1.1 million Instagram followers have seen plenty of his upper half. Going full rear exposure in the M18-rated movie is all part of the game, says the founder of modelling agency Ave Management.

"I knew I had to be professional and not waste time. During production, time is crucial. I'm quite okay with it lah," he says.

That can-do attitude today stands in contrast to his mental state 30 years ago.

Tan began modelling as a teen and, by his 20s, was being groomed for his show business break. He released a Mandopop album in the early 1990s.

"I'm an introvert. A lot of people don't know that. So when I became a recording artiste I knew I would draw a lot of public attention. But I gave it a go anyway," he says.

Because his album had secured a nomination, he was invited to a music awards show hosted by a Mediacorp radio station. Tan was seated with the likes of popstars Jacky Cheung and Faye Wong. He realised that if his album won, he would have to perform in front of these icons. So panicked was he by the idea he had "fingers crossed, hoping to not win".

He did not have to sing in the end, but he was traumatised enough by the possibility to know he was not cut out for show business.

"I told the record company that I wanted to quit. After that, I escaped to New York, back to modelling," he says. The flight also ended discussions he had been having with broadcaster Mediacorp's artiste development team.

He is quite different today from the "rebellious boy" he used to be then, the bachelor says. He is now ready to plunge into acting. The opportunity to do so came a few years ago when he was in China and got a call from representatives of Singapore-based Taiwanese writer-director Wayne Peng.

Peng, 57, an award-winning maker of commercials and director of the dance documentary Burning Dreams (2003), was looking to make his feature film debut. He wanted to cast Tan because he was looking for "someone of a certain age and also good-looking". And experience, or the lack of it, was not a factor.

A couple of meetings was all it took for both men to have full confidence in each other, Tan says.

The film was shot in several Singapore locations, with one bungalow in Katong becoming a key spot.

Tan, who has modelled in commercials and videos but not done much acting otherwise, was thrown into the deep end. Because of how the shoot was scheduled, he had to perform an intense emotional scene on his first day at work.

The crew had expected that the newbie would need several rehearsals to get the tears flowing, so they had not yet set up the filming equipment. He cried on cue so easily the crew set up the recording gear with haste just in case it was a fluke. It was not and Tan was able to cry several times over.

He says: "I'm the right age now and I'm prepared to go all in, into being an actor."

spacer.png

Chuando Tan is making his feature film acting debut in the Mandarin-language thriller Precious Is The Night.

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (5 May 2021)

Samuel Gallo, 30

Personal trainer

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.8m

WEIGHT 79kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I do full-body strength training four times a week, for one to one and a half hour each time. I usually play futsal twice a week and dislike any type of cardio exercise unless I play a sport.

DIET I have home-cook food by my girlfriend most of the time. I try to have more proteins and to apply portion control. We have a big weakness for pizza and we eat that weekly.

@springsamstorm

Straits Times, Life Section - Fit & Fab (5 May 2021)

spacer.png

Mr Kenneth Seet is married and has an eight-month-old son.

spacer.png

Despite having a full-time job, Mr Kenneth Seet believes that people can still keep fit on a daily basis.

spacer.png

Mr Kenneth Seet works out at least for an hour everyday.

spacer.png

Mr Kenneth Seet's body clock wakes him up automatically at 4am.

KENNETH SEET, 31

HEIGHT 1.69m

WEIGHT 68kg

In secondary school, Mr Seet juggled 3 co-curricular activities - cross-country, track and field, and badminton. The former Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) student enjoyed being active as it improved his fitness and stamina.

When he finished national service in 2009, he started working out more, but concentrated only on his arms and chest. "The arms and chest were the parts most teenagers wanted to look good," he said with a laugh.

But his knowledge of fitness widened later and he realised the importance of working out other muscle groups. He then created "a more wholesome and holistic" fitness regimen for himself and stuck to it.

After a few years, he decided to challenge himself and joined the Fitness Movement League physique and sports model competition in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Mr Seet, who came out among the top in all three years, felt motivated to keep up with his fitness regimen.

He said: "I felt my hard work had pair off. I also saw it as a way to be a role model for others. Even if are holding a full-time job, you can still keep fit daily. You just need to be consistent and disciplined."

Mr Seet, who is married and has an eight-month-old son, is in charge of partnerships and business development in a technology firm. He is also an ambassador for sports nutrition and apparel brand MyProtein.

He posts workout photos and videos on his Instagram page (@kennethseet) regularly. "I feel that by sharing my workout routine on social media, I can inspire people to start taking steps to lead a healthy lifestyle."

Fitness routine

Monday

- 1 hr legs workout

Tuesday

- 1hr chest workout, 5km run

Wednesday

- 1hr back workout, 5km run

Thursday

- 1hr legs workout

Friday

- 1hr shoulders workout, 5km run

Saturday

- 1hr arms workout, 400m sprints

Sunday

- 8-10km run

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (12 May 2021)

Kenneth Sin, 29

Personal trainer

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.92m

WEIGHT 96kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I like strength training as there is a clear path of progression. On a good day, I can squat 135kg, bench-press 129kg and deadlift 196kg.

DIET I go for healthier choices such as protein pancakes and berries for breakfast. I do have cheat days, when I succumb to parma ham and rocket pizza.

HEALTH TIP I drink 3 to 4 litres of water a day, having most of it in the day and tapering off at night. I try to get seven hours of sleep daily.

@kennethsin_

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (19 May 2021)

Lim Min, 38

Pilot

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.79m

WEIGHT 68kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I alternate between cardio and strength training daily. Weekends are reserved for my family and we'll bond through activities such as hiking and cycling.

DIET I don't follow any specific diet but I'll try to avoid processed food, sugars and refined carbs and go for more greens.

Straits Times, Life Section (26 May 2021)

Gym closed? Stay in shape with these workouts at home

Singapore - With many gyms closed temporarily to minimise the spread of Covid-19 infections, some people are seeking alternative workouts.

To help people adapt their gym workouts to stay fit at home, Mr Richard Englisch, 28, a personal trainer at One Personal Training gym, recommends two full-body workouts. These come with five exercises each and can be done using household items.

The first workout - which he says is more suitable for women - focuses more on the lower body, while the second workout targets more of the chest and upper body. A 30-second break should be taken in between sets.

First workout

1. Squat Push Press

spacer.png

This exercise, which targets the shoulders and legs, requires two large 1 to 1.5 litre water bottles.

Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and hold the bottles at shoulder height, parallel to the floor and with palms facing each other.

Drop into a squat, and push back up through your heels to a standing position, pressing the bottles overhead at the same time.

Complete three to four sets of 12 to 15 reps.

2. Flying Angel

spacer.png

For this workout, which targets the back muscles, you need two small water bottles of about 500ml each.

Lie face down in a Superman position with your arms out-stretched in front of you.

Holding a bottle in each hand, lift both arms up from the floor and slowly move your arms outwards towards your lower back. 

Bend your elbows, bringing both hands on top of your back, without touching your back. Complete three to four sets of 12 to 15 reps.

3. Curtsy Lunges

spacer.png

This exercise, which targets the legs muscles, requires two large water bottles.

Stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Arms should be at your sides with a bottle in each hand. Keeping your core engaged and upper body straight, move your right foot sideways and behind you until it crosses behind your left foot. Drop down into a deep lunge, with your right knee touching the ground.

Return to standing position, and repeat for your left side.

Complete three to four sets of 12 to 15 reps each, alternating legs.

4. Squat Lunges

spacer.png

This exercise also works the leg muscles, but does not require any equipment.

Stand with feet hip-distance apart, and jump into a forward lunge for your right leg. Quickly move into a forward lunge for your left leg, jumping as you move your right leg back and your left leg forward.

Finally, finish with a squat as you return to standing position. Return to standing position, and repeat for the other leg.

Complete three to four sets of 12 to 15 reps each, alternating each leg.

5. Wall Sit

spacer.png

This exercise works the core muscles and lower body, and requires two large water bottles.

Sit with your back flat against a wall. Feet should be shoulder-width apart and planted firmly on the ground, while knees should be bent at a 90-degree angle. Hold a bottle in each hand, with arms extended in front of you. Your arms should be parallel to your upper legs.

Engage core and hold the position for one minute. Repeat three times, with a 30-second break between each rep.

Second workout

1. Wide Push-up

spacer.png

These push-ups work the chest muscles and do not require equipment.

Begin in a high-plank position, with your hands slightly more than shoulder-width apart, and elbows facing slightly away from your body.

Lower body towards the ground by bending elbows, while keeping your body still.

Complete three to four sets of 12 to 15 reps.

2. Towel Pull-ups

spacer.png

This exercise requires a towel and works the back muscles.

Lie face down on the ground with your arms outstretched in front of you and your lower legs in the air.

Hold the towel out in front of you with both hands and pull back, bending your elbows and bringing your shoulder blades together as you lift your chest off the ground.

Squeeze your back as you make the movement.

Complete three to four sets of 12-15 reps.

3. Pike Push-up

spacer.png

This exercise targets the shoulder muscles and does not need any equipment. Start in a high-plank position, with hands directly under your shoulders.

Move your hips upward until your body forms an inverted V. Your upper body should be straight, as should your legs. Bend your elbows and lower your upper body to the ground, and push back up to return to the inverted V position.

For an extra challenge, add a clap after the pushing up motion.

Push up from the ground with enough force to lift your hands off the ground and clap your hands together, before landing lightly back on the ground.

Complete three to four sets of 10 to 15 reps.

4. Walking Lunges

spacer.png

You will need two large water bottles for this exercise, which targets the legs.

Stand with feet shoulder width apart, with arms by your side and a bottle in each hand.

Step forward with your right leg and drop into a lunge. Move your left leg forward to return and a standing position.

Repeat, alternating legs, while "walking" forward. Complete three to four sets of 24 reps each.

5. Wall Sit

This exercise requires two large water bottles and works the core muscles and lower body.

Like in the first workout, sit with your back flat against a wall. Feet should be shoulder-width apart and planted firmly on the ground, while knees should be bent at a 90-degree angle.

Hold a bottle in each hand, with arms extended in front of you. Your arms should parallel to your upper legs.

Engage core and hold position for one minute. Repeat three times, with a 30-second rest between each rep.

@richardenglisch

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (26 May 2021)

Jonathan Teo, 22

Stretch trainer at physical therapy chain Dr.stretch

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.7m

WEIGHT 64kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I do push-ups and Russian twists. I also do strength training and bodybuilding thrice a week for about 1 1/2 hours a session. I used to play basketball competitively and tried powerlifting for a while.

DIET High protein is a staple in my otherwise flexible diet. I avoid fast food, deep-fried food and bubble tea. I do not have a favourite food, but I enjoy good sashimi.

@jonathanteooo

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (2 June 2021)

Foo Maosheng, 33

Museum curator

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.71m

WEIGHT 69kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I usually work out four days a week in the morning before work. These sessions are mainly weight and strength training. Each day, I focus on a couple of core muscle groups. Mondays are for arms and shoulders, Tuesdays are for chest and back, Thursdays for legs and core and Fridays for a mix of these different muscle groups. I do different sets to keep the workout varied. For instance, I have different combinations of normal bench press, dumb bell fly, cable fly, dips and incline bench press for my chest.

DIET I have been practising intermittent fasting (16:8) daily for four and a half years. It helps me lead a healthier and more active lifestyle. With that, I am still able to enjoy foods I like. Moreover, I make sure I drink around two and a half litres of water daily since thirst may be mistaken as hunger. During my eight-hour eating period, I watch my sugar and carb intake too.

On 5/12/2021 at 1:30 PM, sphere said:

Straits Times, Life Section - Hot Bod (12 May 2021)

Kenneth Sin, 29

Personal trainer

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.92m

WEIGHT 96kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I like strength training as there is a clear path of progression. On a good day, I can squat 135kg, bench-press 129kg and deadlift 196kg.

DIET I go for healthier choices such as protein pancakes and berries for breakfast. I do have cheat days, when I succumb to parma ham and rocket pizza.

HEALTH TIP I drink 3 to 4 litres of water a day, having most of it in the day and tapering off at night. I try to get seven hours of sleep daily.

@kennethsin_

My type 

On 6/2/2021 at 8:05 AM, sphere said:

Foo Maosheng, 33

Museum curator

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.71m

WEIGHT 69kg

EXERCISE ROUTINE I usually work out four days a week in the morning before work. These sessions are mainly weight and strength training. Each day, I focus on a couple of core muscle groups. Mondays are for arms and shoulders, Tuesdays are for chest and back, Thursdays for legs and core and Fridays for a mix of these different muscle groups. I do different sets to keep the workout varied. For instance, I have different combinations of normal bench press, dumb bell fly, cable fly, dips and incline bench press for my chest.

DIET I have been practising intermittent fasting (16:8) daily for four and a half years. It helps me lead a healthier and more active lifestyle. With that, I am still able to enjoy foods I like. Moreover, I make sure I drink around two and a half litres of water daily since thirst may be mistaken as hunger. During my eight-hour eating period, I watch my sugar and carb intake too.

@chaceingmao

On 6/2/2021 at 8:05 AM, sphere said:

Foo Maosheng, 33

Museum curator

spacer.png

HEIGHT 1.71m

WEIGHT 69kg

hi chace 

Contact |  012 4173134  

On 6/8/2021 at 3:17 PM, deathblade88 said:

@chaceingmao

Thanks.  :)

• sphere changed the title to Hot/Cute Guys Reactivated (images ONLY) + Yahoo's #Fitspo series - TikTok & Twitter are not allowed! (Please read the first post for instructions)