Male HQ

Loss Of Credit Card

Guest Blog

Guest Blog

Was at a sauna yesterday, Monday. My locker was broken into without any sign. Discovered my credit card missing from my wallet this morning. Nothing else was taken, like cash or atm card.

Immediately called card company. 3 transactions took place, all within 2 hours of my arrival at the sauna. 2 of the transactions were with merchant shops not very far from the sauna.

Has anyone experienced loss of credit card. Whose liability is it? the card holder?

I am refusing to pay and will close my account if the card company insists on full payment of $950-

Guest Heartlander

I extend my sympathies to your loss. To me, the sauna has lost its credit, and i hope we all boycott the establishment.

Guest LauAhPek

Dear Blog

I had similar traumatic experience in 2002, it happened at a local gym. My locker was broken by force and my wallet stolen. Within 45 minutes, 1 of the card was signed to the limit , while started to sign on 2nd card, when I called the card co to r eport the theft. Police was called in.

You MUST go to the police station and make a report IMMEDIATELY, you would then talk to the Card Co's Fraud Manager , in order for them to study the circumstance of the case and waive these charges. Best go & see him.

Do it now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

it happens to me once and i could name the place if i want to but i guess not...

well anyway as for me no transaction took place

learnt my lessons well and never frequent TO any of such establishments.

nowadays have my own screws and massages and watever nots at my place :)

hehehe nothing lost..all under my own LOCK n Key :P

Somehow in the migration from the old to the new Board, this topic didn’t crossover en bloc, i.e. the dates are incorrect and some comments/postings got left behind.

From my experience, if you should experience fraudulent usage of your card, the first thing you need to do is to call the bank to have the card blocked. Know when was your last card usage and ascertain if there had been any after that. If none, all is safe. If there were, you should see the Fraud Manager and lodge a police report without delay.

Just short of telephoning the bank to report the loss is not good enough. No further action from you will lead the bank to conclude that you are a fraud yourself. The bank works on the premise that your quilt is implied.

In my case, the bank agreed to reverse the charges. (Just showing up at the bank, who hitherto had never even seen your face, is a sign that you are seriously concerned about the matter. In fact before I could even present my case, the fraud manager said he would reverse the charges (what a relief!) and what followed from there was an amicable discussion between us about fraud or cheating with the use of credit card. His parting shot to me at the door when I ready to leave was: “So are you going back to (name of place)?” I wonder if he knew. :oops:

Dave: signatures on documents are easy to forge and only handwriting experts could tell them apart.

• Guest locked this topic