Male HQ

Blackstrap Molasses, The Unknown Miracle Cure Because Its Cheap, No One Promotes It.

http://www.naturalnews.com/043009_blackstrap_molasses_nutritional_supplement_health_benefits.html

Molasses is a thick syrup produced when the sugar cane plant is processed to make refined sugar for mass consumption. Whereas the toxic and unhealthy refined sugar is destined for our supermarket shelves, the highly nutritious molasses - which contains all the minerals and nutrients absorbed by the plant - is more likely to be sold as livestock feed instead.

Fortunately, the nutritional value of molasses is becoming better-known, and various grades of molasses are now being sold to us as baking ingredients, sugar substitutes and mineral supplements. This is especially true of blackstrap molasses, the highest and most nutritious grade of molasses. Below is a list of blackstrap's health benefits and advice on how to consume it as a health supplement.

What blackstrap molasses does for us

Good for hair - One serving (two tablespoons) of blackstrap contains approximately 14 percent of our RDI of copper, an important trace mineral whose peptides help rebuild the skin structure that supports healthy hair. Consequently, long-term consumption of blackstrap has been linked to improved hair quality, hair regrowth in men and even a restoration of your hair's original color! Click here for more information about blackstrap's hair benefits.

Safe sweetener for diabetics - Unlike refined sugar, blackstrap molasses has a moderate glycemic load of 55. This makes it a good sugar substitute for diabetics and individuals who are seeking to avoid blood sugar spikes. Moreover, one serving of blackstrap contains no fat and only 32 calories, making it suitable for a weight loss diet.

Laxative qualities - Blackstrap is a natural stool softener that can improve the regularity and quality of your bowel movements.

Rich in iron - Two tablespoons of blackstrap contain 13.2 percent of our RDI of iron, which our bodies need to carry oxygen to our blood cells. People who are anemic (including pregnant women) will greatly benefit from consuming 1-2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses per day.

High in calcium and magnesium - Blackstrap molasses contains a mineral profile that has been optimized by nature for superior absorption. For example, two tablespoons of blackstrap contains 11.7 percent of our RDI of calcium and 7.3 percent of our RDI of magnesium. This calcium-magnesium ratio is ideal, since our bodies need large quantities of magnesium to help absorb similarly large quantities of calcium. Both of these minerals aid the growth and development of bones, making blackstrap a good safeguard against osteoporosis and other bone diseases.

Additional mineral content - Two tablespoons of blackstrap molasses also contains 18 percent of our RDI of manganese (which helps produce energy from proteins and carbohydrates), 9.7 percent of our RDI of potassium (which plays an important role in nerve transmission and muscle contraction), 5 percent of our RDI of vitamin B6 (which aids brain and skin development) and 3.4 percent of our RDI of selenium, an important antioxidant.

Testimonials:
Edited by Mandrake

It is what it is, it needn't be defined. It is absolute.

I got mine from Great World City Organic Shop at B2.

There are a few brand choices, I got an Organic Blackstrap Molasses from Dr Gram Brand.

I read from a few sources that the brand Plantation is very good, not sure if great world has it.

It is what it is, it needn't be defined. It is absolute.

agave is high % of fructose. dun eat too much of it cos its cannot be processed by our body.

maple syrup, honey all these are ok. after all they are sugar so eat with moderation.

actually whatever sweetner u take, take a bit, take more and u will still be fat.

agave is high % of fructose. dun eat too much of it cos its cannot be processed by our body.

maple syrup, honey all these are ok. after all they are sugar so eat with moderation.

actually whatever sweetner u take, take a bit, take more and u will still be fat.

Thanks for the clarificatuon! Some purportedly healthy recipe books actually promote agave nectar as a healthier alternative to sugar. They claimes because agave is sweeter than sugar you only put a little bit of it in food. Makes sense?

Guest xhesakh

Molasses is a black by-product of sugar refining. It is STILL considered SUGAR. Its bascially same as brown sugar: contains a little more minerals and trace elements but too low to even have any effect.

1) 14% of RDI is riculously small[1]
2) Its better for diabetics but control is key.
3) Laxative effect. hmm. Vegetables/Fruits+adaquate water intake = better
4) 13.2% of DRI is also ridiculously small[1]
5) 11.7 and 7% is not even close to high
6) 1-10% is additional? Its close to non-existant.

point to note. The "testimonials" are from questionalable sources. try reading scientic journals, they paint a very differnt picture that is actually reliable. Google≠research

footnote
[1] 2 tablesspoons is quite a lot of calories: 390cal. Thats more than 2 slices of white bread!

- my two cents. no hard feelings.

Molasses is a black by-product of sugar refining. It is STILL considered SUGAR. Its bascially same as brown sugar: contains a little more minerals and trace elements but too low to even have any effect.

point to note. The "testimonials" are from questionalable sources. try reading scientic journals, they paint a very differnt picture that is actually reliable. Google≠research

footnote

[1] 2 tablesspoons is quite a lot of calories: 390cal. Thats more than 2 slices of white bread!

Thank you for this post!

Jesus it's like people who read and wrote this article never took basic science in secondary school. Actually, nevermind the basic science part. The "evidence" given comes from a site containing the words 'heaven awaits'. Does that sound like a credible scientific journal site to you? /facepalm

I got mine from Great World City Organic Shop at B2.

There are a few brand choices, I got an Organic Blackstrap Molasses from Dr Gram Brand.

I read from a few sources that the brand Plantation is very good, not sure if great world has it.

Thank you. I will look for it.

molasses is just like brown rice.

white sugar is like our white rice that has the nutrients stripped off.

in the health market, u have RICE SUGAR, DATE SUGAR, COCONUT SUGAR, MALT SUGAR and many types.

go read up lor.

btw, i buy from www.iherb.com

for first time buyer, u can get $10 off if u quote my referral code VUK879 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anonScientist

molasses is just like brown rice.

white sugar is like our white rice that has the nutrients stripped off.

in the health market, u have RICE SUGAR, DATE SUGAR, COCONUT SUGAR, MALT SUGAR and many types.

go read up lor.

btw, i buy from www.iherb.com

for first time buyer, u can get $10 off if u quote my referral code VUK879 

That is correct but a contains one fatal flaw: The mineral and vitamin content in raw sugar (any type) is trace unlike rice which contains enough to stop deficiency diseases like Beri-Beri ( You can see our RDI on the HPB website for reference.)

To add I surprised at the lack of credible research that supports the purported health claims of molasses (google scholar is a good place to start).

Singapore's food legislations does not allow unscientific, unfounded and baseless health claims on food labels, and because of that certain imported "health" foods have their label altered.

• For example: TAIKO's raw sugar label has some absurd health claims that are not true and resulted in a big white sticker covering the offending part.

- I'm currently pursing higher education in this field. Try reading up scientific journal from PubMed (free), ScienceDirect, Google Scholar (partially free), Thomson Reuters WebOfScience if you want to know more.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Organic Health Conscious

footnote

Brown sugar is refined sugar added some molasses.

Molasses are not blackstrap molasses with much lesser minerals and trace elements, and not to mention the little amount added.

To say that blackstrap molasses is like brown sugar shows how misinformed you are.

To further exhibit this point, your saying that the iron present in 1 tbsp of blackstrap molasses being 14% of Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) is ridiculously small shows that you are a smart ass who doesn't even know what RDI means.

Imagine if the RDI is any higher, you would worry about eating other food that contains iron after taking blackstrap molasses.

Goes to prove that your following comments 2) to 6) are worthless.

Can't imagine people like you just sprout nonsense just to pretend to be clever.

Check the label Wholesome Organic Blackstrap Molasses,

1 tbsp serving size is only 60 calories, where did u get 390 calories?

The world is a sad place with people like you who knows nothing but must stand up and talk loudly like an expert, misleading people and twisting facts, impairing knowledge.

The world is a sad place with people like you who knows nothing but must stand up and talk loudly like an expert, misleading people and twisting facts, impairing knowledge.

• 2 years later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.