Male HQ

The Banana Of Thailand

IkuTube

One of the many road-side food in Bangkok (and some other parts of Thailand), the banana and how the locals prepare it can turn this fruit to become such a yummy snack.

Whenever I am in Bangkok, these are the must-eat snacks.

The Banana Fritter - which is deep fried with dough mixed with sugar and sesame seeds.  It is simply not the same as we get it locally in Singapore.  There is something about it that makes it different.

P1010793.jpg

The Prata (Pancake) - Normally sold by Thai Muslim (I believe it so), it is crispy when it is eaten hot.  It can be very sweet and you have to tell the seller not to add the condensed milk.  It is usually topped with chocolate syrup.

IMG_0066.jpg

The BBQ Sweet Banana.  Simply, yummy and healthy snack.  It is served with coconut juice syrup.  The best (to me) is the one sold by this young man (who is doing this to support his Master degree) at Thong Lor.

P1120378.jpg

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

I've tried in Indonesia.

the fritters are sold in batam too.

same. Got sesame seeds.

foreigners love it. Locals not so

the prata here is common. There are two Thai muslim shop that sell that kinfmd.

one in Bengkong. Near Top 100.

one near DC MALL.

quite new. So not so popular with the old. Young people go

line : batamsg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Gone banana

I thought hot dog. Didn't know the banana is short and fat unlike those found in Singapore. Oh, the guy is equally cute. His banana must be the same size and thickness as those on bbq tray... :P

The BBQ Sweet Banana.  Simply, yummy and healthy snack.  It is served with coconut juice syrup.  The best (to me) is the one sold by this young man (who is doing this to support his Master degree) at Thong Lor.

P1120378.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.