Male HQ

Runners Den

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did 42km at StandChart last Sun.

Was confident to complete below 4h30min.

Then tragedy struck at the 35km mark.

My running buddy suddenly had a muscle pull and had difficulty running.

He also felt ill and had to take a toilet break.

He told me to go ahead but I decided to stay back and stay with him. I mean, that's what friends are for.

So, I motivated him. We ran much slower but his muscle strain became worse.

So we walked between 38 and 39km, ran 30 to 40, walked 40 to 41. and ran 41 to  the finish line.

Still completed below 5h at 4h 50 mins ish.

:)

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

50 minutes ago, PaterTenebrarum said:

Then tragedy struck at the 35km mark.

For a moment, I thought a real tragedy happened...Phew.

Congrats on finishing your SCM full marathon!

You did the right thing! If you have running buddies with you, the last thing one could ever do is to "dump him/her and go ahead to settle for your personal best"...

It was the only decent thing to do. Of course, he felt guilty for holding me back.

But friendship is more important than a good timing.

Anyway, completing 42km, below 5h, with an injured friend in tow, aint that bad a timing.

With all the runs you are signing up/running -  your timing will definitely improve for sure!

Think we mentioned about running 21km below 2hrs? Ready for that? :)

• 3 months later...
On 3/15/2017 at 10:42 PM, RunJerrySg said:

anyone running sundown FM next weekend?

it’ll be my first FM after running years of HMs and newton 32km’s… and i’m starting to freak out with anxiety and getting cold feet :(:(:(

any bros don’t mind running together with me?

I'm running FM as well.. But didn't train enough.. Will just try to run at my comfortable pace and complete strong without injury.. All the best bro

• 2 weeks later...

Completed Sundown full marathon at 4h 32mins.

I wanted to complete the race below 4h30min. Was doing pretty well at first.

But I had a rumbling in my tummy at around the 34/35km mark. And when one has to use the toilet, ONE MUST USE THE TOILET.

The final stretch up Benjamin Sears Bridge was quite a killer and the slow 21km runners were blocking my way. Bloody irritating.

Hummph.

Anyway, am doing 21km at the 2XU event this coming Sunday. Aim to complete it below 1h55min. Fingers crossed. :)

15 hours ago, PaterTenebrarum said:

Completed Sundown full marathon at 4h 32mins.

I wanted to complete the race below 4h30min. Was doing pretty well at first.

But I had a rumbling in my tummy at around the 34/35km mark. And when one has to use the toilet, ONE MUST USE THE TOILET.

The final stretch up Benjamin Sears Bridge was quite a killer and the slow 21km runners were blocking my way. Bloody irritating.

Hummph.

Anyway, am doing 21km at the 2XU event this coming Sunday. Aim to complete it below 1h55min. Fingers crossed. :)

Still an amazing result. Thats quite fast. Admire those that have the persistence to even do one. Congrats and good luck on the next run.

Thanks guys. Toilet breaks always throw my timing off. :(

Anyone running 2XU half marathon this coming weekend?

I also aim to do these races this year

The Eco half marathon

All 3 Performance Series half marathon

Army half marathon

Otter run half marathon

StanChart full marathon

Anyone doing these? Its a bit dull running alone.

Also...anyone knows if the Newton Challenge or the Singapore City Race are on this yr? No news of dem on JustRunLah....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone who registered, but can't make it for AHM 21km this Sunday? I'm ok to run for it, and keep the finisher tee of course. It would be preferable if u're wearing size XS running singlet, and S or XS finisher tee.. Do PM me.. Thx! 

2 hours ago, manehiso said:

Anyone who registered, but can't make it for AHM 21km this Sunday? I'm ok to run for it, and keep the finisher tee of course. It would be preferable if u're wearing size XS running singlet, and S or XS finisher tee.. Do PM me.. Thx! 

Konon XS ar.peygi daa..slim n slander ar.hahahah.just kidding sham.

Guest Sport-coholic
14 hours ago, manehiso said:

You should try Singapore Running Flea Market on Facebook instead of here. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/09/2017 at 1:28 PM, manehiso said:

A short quick qn: After running a full marathon, how long should we rest before starting to run again? 

Depends.  If after a full marathon, you can still walk as normal without limping,  then can resume running after 3 days rest. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

4 hours ago, LeanMature said:

Depends.  If after a full marathon, you can still walk as normal without limping,  then can resume running after 3 days rest. 

Is it too ambitious to do 2 full marathons back to back? Like one on Sunday, and another the next coming Sunday? 

Guest Sport-coholic
2 hours ago, manehiso said:

Is it too ambitious to do 2 full marathons back to back? Like one on Sunday, and another the next coming Sunday? 

No one will be able to advise you. It depends on your weekly mileage and how consistent you are in your training. 

• 5 years later...