Male HQ

I Can Take Awful Food But Cannot Tolerate Awful Hawker

Guest Pp

I have tried queuing for 45 min just to want to try out a bowl of wanton noodle which netizens have voted with many "Likes". However, the hawker and his assistant are treating their customers and potential customers in the queue as "nuisances". They shouted and yelled at the customers "說!要什麼!", "哎呀,不可以加辣椒!","麻煩啊你" and "要等45分鐘". I left the queue and left the coffee shop.

No matter how good his wantan noodle is, I have no appetite to stomach it. These hawkers have bad negative attitude and they are handling the food with negativity.

I don't want to be like them. I can take awful food but cannot tolerate hawkers with awful attitude. Why feed these trolls with our hard earned money. There many such hawkers, I canot stop them, but I can stop buying from them.

.... AND there are still many ppl who queue for the famous hawker food even they are being treated badly. You can say it's 愿者上钩 or 自作贱花钱买气受。But, this is not for me too.

It's still much better than paying $40 or $150 a meal and not given a decant , reasonable service such as staff shortage ! And there are lots of them and many more such services restuarants and eatery in the future so that the owners can buy condos , luxury cars ......

It's still much better than paying $40 or $150 a meal and not given a decant , reasonable service such as staff shortage ! And there are lots of them and many more such services restuarants and eatery in the future so that the owners can buy condos , luxury cars ......

typo error........decent service .....

To each his own.

Some people are able to stomach good food while ignoring bad attitude from the hawker. 

Some can't.

Anyway for most of your time there, you are just going to spend 10% ordering and 90% eating.

That 90% doesn't involve you interacting with the hawker.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

I don't like and won't go for long queue, tried quite a lot which friends, tv program, or magazines who claimed is nice mostly overrated, yes, bad attitude and service can affect your appetite, however, could it be you over react and sensitive about this issue? some customers are really demanding, perhaps your mood are already affected while waiting for sometime, nothing big deal here, just don't go back to the same stall next time will do

Some humble stalls have been operating for years, they have their fair share of regular customers, then suddenly they appeared on TV Show and became "famous" over night, long queue was formed even before they open stall in the morning. They cannot cope with the sudden surge of customers, to serve fast and more, their quality drops .... The coffee shop owner then demand an increase of rental since their business is "good" .... The hawker will now have to increase their prices .... With quality drops and price increased .... Customers stopped coming .... Soon the stall close-shop and disappeared from the food map.

Guest Terrible Sillypore

I just want to kill my hunger soonest possible. I usually won't go for long queue stall.  I feel stressful eating in long queue stall because went your food is ready, you have to quickly take and move away...like being shooed, and I didn't even have time to serve my own chillie sauce.  I also encountered hawker, while trying to serve the next in line, took my food and placed it on the table full of trashes but they were quick to collect money even before my food was served.

So far my experience with the hawkers at the hawker centers are generally quite good as most of them are their own boss ... Anyway can't expect too much good service from these hawkers as most are not well educated and they could be serving you during the super peak hours ...give and take la

Guest SousChef

We are talking about food here or hawkers? If its good food, of course I will eat. It isn't about the hawker, its about the food. Also you say hawker, how much do you actually pay for your good food? What do you really expect from the hawker? You pay them, they give you the good food. If you have many questions or ask or expect them to serve you in the most polite and subservient manner, try going to a fine dining restaurant. Even then, the food may not be as satisfying. But you ill probably get a much better overall experience.

Some customers always seem to think they're right. They pay peanuts and expect to be treated like kings. Reality is the $5 or less you pay for hawker food is not alot of money so adjust your expectations please.

Just because it's a couple of dollars doesn't mean one has to stomach these "insults" from the hawker. These very pple that queue to patronize are the actual paymasters. The hawker should be thankful that he was chosen amongst his neighbouring stalls.

Indeed there are fussy customers. Thats why no locals like to work in service line. I suggest, as customers, that we show some appreciation too.

Also, it doesn't mean paying top dollars at expensive restaurants equals to being demanding customers. We've to show fine etiquette in fine dining too.

Once, i helped out at a hawker's stall.

A aunty asked for a receipt so she can claim from office.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.