Male HQ

Ghosts, Spirits Encounters & Supernatural Haunting Discussion + 7th Lunar Month (Compiled)

biguy

That's why you also did not realize the Housekeeper for that floor had "very nicely styled" hair-do on the following morning. Got the mystery solved now? LOL

LOL...that's what I suspected then, but never encountered hotel staff 'stealing' things from guest before though....

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

If you have a pair of Hairy Legs, congratulation, you're safe .... please read this news from Taiwan.

[地方中心/新北報導]  俗稱的鬼月(農曆7月)在7日登場,新北市政府6日召開記者會,介紹該市宗教團體各項特殊的普渡儀式,台灣道教總會大法師邱天相也到場說明多項鬼月禁忌,其中最特別又比較少人聽過的是:鬼月不能拔腳毛,因為據說1根腳毛管3個好兄弟

▼這雙腳...恐怕管了3萬個好兄弟。(圖/ETtoday專屬)
8fME1PH.jpg

由於民間對鬼月多有忌諱,邱天相在記者會上,先就中元普渡的供品以及祭祀禮俗做說明。他表示,能吃能穿能用的都可拿來祭拜好兄弟,最好都要準備一鍋青菜湯,其他祭品則可依個人喜愛準備。

水果祭拜的部分,邱天相建議用台語諧音來討吉利,例如準備香蕉、梨子、鳳梨、蘋果、桔子,就是「招來旺平安吉」;而香蕉、李子、梨子、甘蔗、鳳梨,代表「招你來吃旺」;另外,也要準備乾淨的臉盆、水和毛巾,讓好兄弟洗臉跟擦臉。

另外,邱天相提到祭拜方式則是先點香,在香爐插三柱香,以便替好兄弟引路。之後斟3次酒,每次斟酒後,就在每種供品上插1柱香,代表誠心邀請好兄弟來飽餐一頓。

除了祭拜部分,邱天相也介紹農曆7月的多項禁忌,例如不能亂吹口哨,以免招惹好兄弟的注意不能偷吃供品,以免讓好兄弟認為在搶食而找麻煩不可以把筷子插在碗上,避免招來好兄弟共享食物又據說1根腳毛管3個好兄弟,所以不能拔腿毛另要避免在晚上晾衣服,以免濕衣服招來鬼附著等等

Guest Guest

If you have a pair of Hairy Legs, congratulation, you're safe .... please read this news from Taiwan.

[地方中心/新北報導]  俗稱的鬼月(農曆7月)在7日登場,新北市政府6日召開記者會,介紹該市宗教團體各項特殊的普渡儀式,台灣道教總會大法師邱天相也到場說明多項鬼月禁忌,其中最特別又比較少人聽過的是:鬼月不能拔腳毛,因為據說1根腳毛管3個好兄弟

▼這雙腳...恐怕管了3萬個好兄弟。(圖/ETtoday專屬)

8fME1PH.jpg

由於民間對鬼月多有忌諱,邱天相在記者會上,先就中元普渡的供品以及祭祀禮俗做說明。他表示,能吃能穿能用的都可拿來祭拜好兄弟,最好都要準備一鍋青菜湯,其他祭品則可依個人喜愛準備。

水果祭拜的部分,邱天相建議用台語諧音來討吉利,例如準備香蕉、梨子、鳳梨、蘋果、桔子,就是「招來旺平安吉」;而香蕉、李子、梨子、甘蔗、鳳梨,代表「招你來吃旺」;另外,也要準備乾淨的臉盆、水和毛巾,讓好兄弟洗臉跟擦臉。

另外,邱天相提到祭拜方式則是先點香,在香爐插三柱香,以便替好兄弟引路。之後斟3次酒,每次斟酒後,就在每種供品上插1柱香,代表誠心邀請好兄弟來飽餐一頓。

除了祭拜部分,邱天相也介紹農曆7月的多項禁忌,例如不能亂吹口哨,以免招惹好兄弟的注意不能偷吃供品,以免讓好兄弟認為在搶食而找麻煩不可以把筷子插在碗上,避免招來好兄弟共享食物又據說1根腳毛管3個好兄弟,所以不能拔腿毛另要避免在晚上晾衣服,以免濕衣服招來鬼附著等等

for those without hair, HOW????

Never mind, sweep the floor and superglue those pubic hairs you found onto your legs.

In year 2013, The Chinese hungry ghost month will begin on 7th of August 2013 and end on the 4th September 2013.

During this month the gate of hell is open so the spirit and soul are free to roam our world.

Listed are things that one should AVOID:

It was said that young people should not wander around too late into the night during the ghost festival for fear that spirits would follow the individual home.

It is bad luck to kick or disturb offering to the hungry ghost such as joss stick, candle and food offerings. All these item are mean for appeasing the spirits and ghost.

It would be best to avoid swimming during this month as victims death by drowning may cause the individual to drown. Some has experience their leg been drag/pull into the water.

Avoid talking about ghost during this month as it may offend wandering spirits.

Leaving an umbrella open outside the house in the night is also considered a no no as spirits may take shelter under them.

Bringing an umbrella into the house after it was used in the night is also not advisable. It is said that one may bring/carry in spirits to the house.

One should also avoid going into a jungle during this time. Tree with long leaves are consider very yin and it’s not advisable to take shelter there.

One must also not kill any rare insect (moth, grasshopper, butterfly, etc) that visits the house during this time. They apparently are manifestation of spirits or ancestors paying a visit.

To begin/start renovation to your premise during this time is inauspicious. This is said to be disturbing any spirit/soul residing there.

I was told that moving/placing a fish tank into a house this month is also considered inauspicious. Water is considered a Yin element.

Celebrating birthdays in the middle of the night during the seventh Chinese ghost month is inauspicious.

Taking out wet clothes for drying in the night. Apparently, Spirits would try them on and will bring misfortune to whoever that wears it after.

In my apartment in Bangkok before. Young school kids dancing in school uniform. Harmless. I raised out my hand trying to touch but was stopped by my partner then thinking I was hallucinating. Not 1st time. But several times. He was so scared and started to look for a Buddhist amulet. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Taking out wet clothes for drying in the night. Apparently, Spirits would try them on and will bring misfortune to whoever that wears it after.

oh my, i always wash my clothes at night and hang them out to dry.  :wacko:

Leaving an umbrella open outside the house in the night is also considered a no no as spirits may take shelter under them.

Bringing an umbrella into the house after it was used in the night is also not advisable. It is said that one may bring/carry in spirits to the house.

what i was told is to open and close your umbrella all done outside before you step into the house.

It is bad luck to kick or disturb offering to the hungry ghost such as joss stick, candle and food offerings. All these item are mean for appeasing the spirits and ghost.

i think this is common sense, to do this is to ask for trouble yourself.

For a self-professed cosmopolitan city, I cannot believe that there are so many Sporeans, from young ones (hopefully very few) to the old ones, are so superstitious.  Having been educated this far and this much, there are still so many pple who wants to indulge in fearing and fear-mongering of the other dimension.

Spore may look like a modern city from far, but at a close distance, the people are not only conservative, but many behaving like peasants squating down and burn the joss paper and make the neighbourhood looking like hell.

For a self-professed cosmopolitan city, I cannot believe that there are so many Sporeans, from young ones (hopefully very few) to the old ones, are so superstitious.  Having been educated this far and this much, there are still so many pple who wants to indulge in fearing and fear-mongering of the other dimension.

Spore may look like a modern city from far, but at a close distance, the people are not only conservative, but many behaving like peasants squating down and burn the joss paper and make the neighbourhood looking like hell.

my god, im 26yo, considered myself fairly well educated too but im very shocked at your comments. totally no respect of diversity and other cultures.

dude, how old are you? do you live in singapore?

For a self-professed cosmopolitan city, I cannot believe that there are so many Sporeans, from young ones (hopefully very few) to the old ones, are so superstitious. Having been educated this far and this much, there are still so many pple who wants to indulge in fearing and fear-mongering of the other dimension.

TRY THIS and see what happen to you...

UNQUOTE

I have failed to see the link between being a cosmopolitan city and religion. Maybe your religion is sciencetology. GOOD FOR YOU, but it is still a religion after all. LOL. Furthermore, this is a RELIGIOUS practise, not a SUPERTITIOUS practise FYI, alien! Maybe you should go to hell yourself, and see what the real hell is, and return to tell us. By the way, the only time you can return to tell us is probably around the 7TH LUNAR MONTH, bitch!

Guest sporean

beware, the person who type this, something might happen to you in this 7th month.

and, shame to your parents.

Guest Raiden Alpha

For a self-professed cosmopolitan city, I cannot believe that there are so many Sporeans, from young ones (hopefully very few) to the old ones, are so superstitious. Having been educated this far and this much, there are still so many pple who wants to indulge in fearing and fear-mongering of the other dimension.

Don't hide in anonymous shadows, why not tell us where you come from and let us judge you and your country back in return?

Disrespecting people cultures,beliefs and pagan rituals/formalities doesn't made you any more cosmopolitan than those you criticise, instead you expose yourself out as pompous and intolerant.

-You are being hateful-

my god, im 26yo, considered myself fairly well educated too but im very shocked at your comments. totally no respect of diversity and other cultures.

dude, how old are you? do you live in singapore?

If hes older than you, then he has prob failed as a citizen or even human being.

But prob younger lah.

See, the education system has failed. Most of the 1990s onwards will prob grow up to be even shittier citizens.

Guest let them burn

It is hell when HDB neighbours burn joss sticks and joss papers in front of their units along the corridors without any regard for the environment.

It is hell when HDB neighbours burn joss sticks and joss papers in front of their units along the corridors without any regard for the environment.

its only one month only, also cant tolerate? they dun burn everyday during the 7th mth too.

or you want the spirits to eat your skin instead?

新加坡是一个多元种族的国家, 人们从刚建国期间, 一路走来, 从无法容忍种族起冲突,

到后来的友爱体谅, 并不是邻国和自以为是的年轻人所能体会了解的。

这个是宗教信仰和祖上传下来的, 信者可依着传统延续下去,

不信者也该学会如何尊重彼此信仰, 这个和教育水平或迷信无关,

换另一个角度看此节日, 它不是在提倡慈悲吗?

Edited by snowball

As if you are considering the effect of energy consumption on global warming when browsing through BW forum and posting this inconsiderate and intolerant rubbish. Respect please. 

Perfect examples of how some (or most?) Singaporeans are myopic and only think of themselves at that moment without sparing a thought for others.

for the 2nd example, you dun see them burn 24/7 right? less than an hour and you think you will suffocate for life?

"Furthermore, this is a RELIGIOUS practise, not a SUPERTITIOUS practise"

While the guest was bordering being rude, before jumping to defend against him blindly. Please take a deep breath and think carefully before blasting off. Are the burning of joss paper and making offerings really practising a religion? Or are they fulfilling a folk practise and custom?

Edited by rotikawin

"Furthermore, this is a RELIGIOUS practise, not a SUPERTITIOUS practise"

While the guest was bordering being rude, before jumping to defend against him blindly. Please take a deep breath and think carefully before blasting off. Are the burning of joss paper and making offerings really practising a religion? Or are they fulfilling a folk practise and custom?

You should read this "rotikawin". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Festival. I don't know how you define "religion", but apparently, in my humble opinion, it is a religious practise to me as a Taoist. 

Thanks I wont need to refer to wiki to know what 中元 and/or 盂兰 is about.

I don't want to go into a debate on what religion means to you and me. I shall respect your definition. I just hope before we start blasting angrily at the guests' post, we take a second or two to think really carefully about what this festival really means to us and how each and every practices in this festival contribute to that ultimate aim or meaning.

Edited by rotikawin

what i was told is to open and close your umbrella all done outside before you step into the house.

i think this is common sense, to do this is to ask for trouble yourself.

Yes I had once witnessed the incident where a group of ignorant Indian expats (not some construction workers but looking like modern Indian foreigners) kicked off an orange from the offerings and they laughed, went off. Horrible.

안녕하세요.

Guest 道姑

Thanks I wont need to refer to wiki to know what 中元 and/or 盂兰 is about.

I don't want to go into a debate on what religion means to you and me. I shall respect your definition. I just hope before we start blasting angrily at the guests' post, we take a second or two to think really carefully about what this festival really means to us and how each and every practices in this festival contribute to that ultimate aim or meaning.

"Hungry ghosts" play a role in Chinese Buddhism andTaoism as well as in Chinese folk religion. The term is not to be confused with the generic term for "ghost",鬼guǐ (i.e. the spirit of a deceased ancestor). The understanding is that all people become such a regular ghost when they die and would then slowly weaken and eventually die a second time. Hungry ghosts, by contrast, are a much more exceptional case, and would only occur in very unfortunate circumstances, such as if a whole family were killed or when a family no longer venerated their ancestors.

"Hungry ghosts" play a role in Chinese Buddhism andTaoism as well as in Chinese folk religion. The term is not to be confused with the generic term for "ghost",鬼guǐ (i.e. the spirit of a deceased ancestor). The understanding is that all people become such a regular ghost when they die and would then slowly weaken and eventually die a second time. Hungry ghosts, by contrast, are a much more exceptional case, and would only occur in very unfortunate circumstances, such as if a whole family were killed or when a family no longer venerated their ancestors.

Hmmmm.....it comes to a point....as Gays.....we would most likely be "Hungry Ghosts" eventually too lor since we might no longer be venerated by our ancestors. Is that really unfortunate? 

So no wonder, getting that creepy feeling at saunas.....probably at every turns and corners....there might be a gay hungry ghost waiting for you there. :twisted:

But anyway, thanks for sharing this with us....at least i learn a new things today about Hungry Ghosts traditions.  ^_^

Edited by Kevin Choy

Guest Raiden Alpha

I once play a metaphysic game on strangers on grindr to see what their heart/thought are fill up with.

Basically this is how it work.

Ask them to imagine themselves in a dark abyss with no sense of time and direction. They want to escape that place and there is a distance light source with ever shifting changing colours.

As they gradually gravitate toward this light and finally enter it what would the colour of that light be?

A-Red

B-Blue

C-Yellow

D-Green

E-White

F-Smoke

This is a Buddhists way to explain the six realm of existence. Each colour represent a specific realm and it is our merits/deeds in this current life that will propel us to our next destination.

I will explain what colour represent what realm it stand for later. If people are interest, though I believe the answer I get from typical gays are going to be dismal to my liking.

Guest 道姑

Hmmmm.....it comes to a point....as Gays.....we would most likely be "Hungry Ghosts" eventually too lor since we might no longer be venerated by our ancestors. Is that really unfortunate?

So no wonder, getting that creepy feeling at saunas.....probably at every turns and corners....there might be a gay hungry ghost waiting for you there. :twisted:

But anyway, thanks for sharing this with us....at least i learn a new things today about Hungry Ghosts traditions. ^_^

IT is good to be humble n learn. Your spirit awaits its enlightment.

Guest 道姑

I once play a metaphysic game on strangers on grindr to see what their heart/thought are fill up with.

Ask them to imagine themselves in a dark abyss with no sense of time and direction. They want to escape that place and there is a distance light source with ever shifting changing colours.

As they gradually gravitate toward this light and finally enter it what would the colour of that light be?

A-Red

B-Blue

C-Yellow

D-Green

E-White

F-Smoke

This is a Buddhists way to explain the six realm of existence. Each colour represent a specific realm and it is our merits/deeds in this current life that will propel us to our next destination.

I will explain what colour represent what realm it stand for later. If people are interest, though I believe the answer I get from typical gays are going to be dismal to my liking.

道姑sees yellow light..

Guest 道姑

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, is considered rather contemporary as it was written by Sogyal Rinpoche in 1992, it is a presentation as a new Tibetan Book of the Dead and a Tibetan Book of Life. The book explores: the message of impermanence; evolution, karma and rebirth; the nature of mind and how to train the mind throughmeditation; how to follow a spiritual path in this day and age; the practice of compassion; how to care for and show love to the dying, and spiritual practices ...

A-Red

B-Blue

C-Yellow

D-Green

E-White

F-Smoke

I would see BLUE.....

Guest Raiden Alpha

@道姑

Yellow represent the human realm.

Criteria to be born here is strong attachment to kinship,friendship,earthly fame and glory etc.

@Kevin Choy

Blue represent the animal realm.

Criteria to be born here is STRONG attachment to lust and pleasure of the flesh.

PS.I tried this on grindr and 90% of the horny dicks there choose blue. Sigh humanity. :D

@道姑

Criteria to be born here is strong attachment to kinship,friendship,earthly fame and glory etc.

@Kevin Choy

Criteria to be born here is STRONG attachment to lust and pleasure of the flesh.

PS.I tried this on grindr and 90% of the horny dicks there choose blue. Sigh humanity. :D

So no wonder, why I am so horny all the time....  :whistle:

i choose yellow, never think so much cos thats the natural colour of sunlight? or most of the time see in movies its yellow....

if not next choice is white.

but then.....im as horny as a bunny le haha... :D

means they desire and want fame and glory too?

@道姑

@Kevin Choy

But care to explain the rest of the colours too? Kinda interesting....but dunno if it is totally true, I might be horny but i also a passionate lover leh.  I actually quite tempted to choose white too.  ^_^

Guest Raiden Alpha

The heart is a vessel, kind of like a water bottle.

What you fill it up with will be the deciding factor for all sentient beings to reincarnate into.

The transmigration of souls in the wheel of fate(samsara) depend on the merits/deeds we accumulate in life.

Kind of like emigration. In the human world moving from one place to another require money, academic qualifications and talent etc.

But in the great beyond the currency we need is not money notes but rather our deeds and thoughts.

I take this quiz for fun and sometime to filter through my human network to see whether people are worth keeping in my life. You all can take it as a fun if you want.

Edited by Raiden Alpha

Guest Raiden Alpha

means they desire and want fame and glory too?

As long as there is an overwhelming desire to hold on to one or all of the mention criteria then that will be where one will ultimately end up.

Edited by Raiden Alpha

Guest 道姑

@道姑

@Kevin Choy

Yes, that is true. I choose to remain in the human realm because of compassion to belp humanity. Along the way though, it is not easy toremain unmoved by fame... a test from the earthly pleasures.

• G_M changed the title to 7th Luna Month aka Ghost Month + Basic offerings for the 'good bros‘ (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.